Comics

Comments

• zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
    edited December 1969

For those interested, you will shortly be able to do the toon cell coloring and outlining directly in DS, if you prefer to work that way:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/36728/

02-lamh-gradient-moss-silkessence-toongirl.png
    500 x 650 - 633K
    lamh-notoon.jpg
    500 x 650 - 270K
  • VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,496
    edited December 1969

Hey Comic Lifers, is there a way to fit an imagec to the size of the panel?

• jorge dorlandojorge dorlando Posts: 1,156
    edited December 1969

Hey Comic Lifers, is there a way to fit an imagec to the size of the panel?

I do not know if I understand, but you mean: a scene from one frame only, which occupies the entire page?
    comic.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 281K
    edited December 1969

Yeah, or in a panel. I've been loading my render from Insert > Choose and it loads tiny.

edited March 2014

Yeah, or in a panel. I've been loading my render from Insert > Choose and it loads tiny.

HMM, you can browse your folders with the renders from like the image below, then it is only drags them
    after located the folder with the renders, then clicking on the icon below explorer.
    this will bring all pictures that are on the folder to a panel as you want.
    comic2.jpg
    920 x 845 - 105K
    Post edited by jorge dorlando on
  • AriahAriah Posts: 93
    edited December 1969

It's good to have a thread with comic know-how. I've been using just Photoshop for my work, but recently I got fascinated by Poser 10's toon feature.

Combined with a color render, it can work pretty well. It kind of gives out the noir feel.

!Lenore_promo.jpg
    320 x 320 - 34K
    noir_fantasy_01.jpg
    850 x 366 - 116K
    01.jpg
    490 x 391 - 35K
    edited December 1969

Ariah81 said:
    It's good to have a thread with comic know-how. I've been using just Photoshop for my work, but recently I got fascinated by Poser 10's toon feature.

Combined with a color render, it can work pretty well. It kind of gives out the noir feel.

Poser 10’s toon feature?
    as is, it's part of the post-render poser?
    liked the look of the image 1 and 3
    I use PP2012,

edited December 1969

Well, I have a title. D

thingy.png
    885 x 1251 - 385K
    edited March 2014

Ariah81 said:

Poser 10’s toon feature?
    I use PP2012,

Ok, it's called Comic Book Preview and requires a fair lot of tweaking, but on the whole I think it's worth a try. It requires postwork afterwards too.

I usually render one color render and one Comic Book Preview with just the lines. Then I combine them in Ps, using Overlay layer mode.
    When I have more time I'll post a short tut here for reference.

A while ago I posted a pic done in this style to my DAZ gallery ;]
    http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/11602

Also, a few extra pics I dug out of my computer:

noir_fantasy_04.jpg
    921 x 654 - 149K
    fanny_02_col.jpg
    820 x 596 - 189K
    Post edited by Ariah on
    edited December 1969

Ariah81 said:
    Ariah81 said:

Poser 10’s toon feature?
    I use PP2012,

Ok, it's called Comic Book Preview and requires a fair lot of tweaking, but on the whole I think it's worth a try. It requires postwork afterwards too.

I usually render one color render and one Comic Book Preview with just the lines. Then I combine them in Ps, using Overlay layer mode.
    When I have more time I'll post a short tut here for reference.

A while ago I posted a pic done in this style to my DAZ gallery ;]
    http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/11602

Also, a few extra pics I dug out of my computer:
    Hmmm, either way then, as always will depend on the ... postwork ... yet.

edited December 1969

Yes, postwork will always be there. But some pretty nice results can be achieved ;)

Here's the tutorial, or rather a walk-through.

03_comic_tutorial.jpg
    800 x 759 - 137K
    02_comic_tutorial.jpg
    799 x 232 - 31K
    01_comic_tutorial.jpg
    800 x 759 - 183K
    edited December 1969

Ariah81 said:
    Yes, postwork will always be there. But some pretty nice results can be achieved ;)

Hmmm, thanks.
    is a fast, short and goal step by step!
    thank you
  • GreycatGreycat Posts: 332
    edited December 1969

Ariah81 said:

Very nice, your technique would work quite well in an edgy style of comic. Here’s a few links to someone with a similar style using Poser and Photo Shop you might find interesting, even though they are a little old.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1274415&user_id=407625&page=7&member;&np;
    http://www.renderosity.com/news.php?viewStory=13559
    http://www.renderosity.com/news.php?viewStory=13565

• Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    edited December 1969

Beautiful renders, Ariah81.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited March 2014

I like this Toon effect which is a simple 5 step thing in Photoshop. You can tone down the effect but this was the base just to test it.

RRRR-Gemni-Toon.png
    1125 x 1462 - 3M
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I like this Toon effect which is a simple 5 step thing in Photoshop. You can tone down the effect but this was the base just to test it.

before photoshop ... this was rendered in Poser, too?
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

before photoshop ... this was rendered in Poser, too?This was a DS Render here is the Before and the after...
    RRRR-Gemni-Toon.png
    1125 x 1462 - 3M
    RRRR-Gemni-01.png
    1125 x 1462 - 3M
  • Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    edited December 1969

The guy in the nerd looks like a huge nerd. Unadorned skin-tight bodysuits are so 1980s.

edited December 1969

Well, my PP2012 not have this feature, but whenever I need I turn to AKVIS SKETCH, which has a feature with dozens of features.
    Here, M4 rendered in PP2012 and used scketch

general2.png
    1920 x 1440 - 4M
    Render_4.png
    1387 x 756 - 1M
    edited December 1969

and some

general3png.png
    1920 x 1440 - 4M
    edited March 2014

Here...
    picture 2 rendered in PP2012
    and then used
    akvis default (picture1)

akvis_default2.png
    1920 x 1080 - 959K
    Render_37.png
    1387 x 822 - 406K
    Post edited by jorge dorlando on
    edited December 1969

The guy in the nerd looks like a huge nerd. Unadorned skin-tight bodysuits are so 1980s.
    LOL!! it was a HUGE poke at old style Comic stuff I did for one of the RRRR contests. So Bingo!
    edited December 1969

Well, my PP2012 not have this feature, but whenever I need I turn to AKVIS SKETCH, which has a feature with dozens of features.
    Jorge I did say I did all the comic effect in Photoshop only, none of the effect was in the render or done by DAZ Studio.
    edited March 2014

@Paradigm67, @Greycat - thank you!

@jorge dorlando - the sketch effect is pretty! I like it very much.

@Jaderail - nice effect, care to share how it can be achieved in Photoshop?

Post edited by Ariah on
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Jorge I did say I did all the comic effect in Photoshop only, none of the effect was in the render or done by DAZ Studio.

Hi,"Jaderail"
    sorry for the confusion, I was saying about the feature toon poser 10 of Ariah81,
    my PP2012 has a toon through, but not close enough that the feature poser10 , so I use akvis sketch for

general_do_deserto1schet.png
    1920 x 1440 - 3M
    general_do_deserto1.png
    1920 x 1440 - 531K
  • Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,976
    edited March 2014

I own both MS4D/EX / MS5/EX and Comic Life 3, I went to using Comic Life 3 as it has options that MS4/EX has but MS5/EX does not . The ability to drag and drop images from a pictures folder straight into a panel MS4D/EX was great for that. It was a big disappointment when it was not in MS5 and with the slow going of patches for MS5 well that was the other reason (still waiting for patch 5.04)..

And you maybe wondering why not just use MS4EX well CL3 has some rather nice options that even MS4EX does not have..

And with the news that if you want to get the digital DL version of Manga Studio 5 you have to buy Clip Studio Paint since Celsys the developers of the program said they wanted to distribute the digital version of CSP English and Smith Micro can distribute the physical version of Manga Studio 5 / Clip Studio Paint..

I was able to crank out a 14 page comic in about 2 to 3 days using DazStudio4 the ToonyCam Pro plugin for the images and CL3 for the rest..

Post edited by Ghosty12 on
    edited March 2014

ghosty12 said:
    I own both MS4D/EX / MS5/EX and Comic Life 3, I went to using Comic Life 3 as it has options that MS4/EX has but MS5/EX does not . The ability to drag and drop images from a pictures folder straight into a panel MS4D/EX was great for that. It was a big disappointment when it was not in MS5 and with the slow going of patches for MS5 well that was the other reason (still waiting for patch 5.04)..

And you maybe wondering why not just use MS4EX well CL3 has some rather nice options that even MS4EX does not have..

And with the news that if you want to get the digital DL version of Manga Studio 5 you have to buy Clip Studio Paint since Celsys the developers of the program said they wanted to distribute the digital version of CSP English and Smith Micro can distribute the physical version of Manga Studio 5 / Clip Studio Paint..

I was able to crank out a 14 page comic in about 2 to 3 days using DazStudio4 the ToonyCam Pro plugin for the images and CL3 for the rest..

I have the ToonyCam Pro and want to use it, but it doesn't seem to render clear.

Care to share one of yours/////////

Post edited by VIArts on
    edited December 1969

Ariah81 said:
    @Paradigm67, @Greycat - thank you!

@jorge dorlando - the sketch effect is pretty! I like it very much.

@Jaderail - nice effect, care to share how it can be achieved in Photoshop?

I thnk it' this one:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/37442/#555690

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,976
    edited March 2014

ghosty12 said:

I have the ToonyCam Pro and want to use it, but it doesn't seem to render clear.

Care to share one of yours/////////

The pic below I did using a Toonycam setting of
    Outlines set to 1
    Outline ID off
    Normal Outlines on
    Depth Outlines off
    Colour Levels set to Full Colour
    Shading Blend set to 0.25
    Shading Levels set to 2.00.

Have found for me at least those settings work the best for me..
    And Comic Life 3 for the frame and text..

Laugh.jpg
    1414 x 2000 - 1M
    Post edited by Ghosty12 on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,739
    edited December 1969

Below is the Daz Studio 4.6 Pro render of Fiend.

Fiend01pic02.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 146K