Daz Install Manager (DIM) 1.4.0.94, Now Available! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    RAMWolff said:

Question.  Will DAZ Central eventually replace DIM?  I see that in beta but I want to make sure what's going to happen.  If not why have three ways to install content, actually 4 if you manually download and install!  Seems a bit overkill to me!  

We've been told DIM will continue, DazCentral is for newer users who may be confused by all the options in DIM

• DAZ_RawbDAZ_Rawb Posts: 817
    RAMWolff said:

Question.  Will DAZ Central eventually replace DIM?  I see that in beta but I want to make sure what's going to happen.  If not why have three ways to install content, actually 4 if you manually download and install!  Seems a bit overkill to me!  

We've been told DIM will continue, DazCentral is for newer users who may be confused by all the options in DIM

I just want to confirm that this is the plan.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

Oh, OK.  BUT will DAZ Central give me more options than DIM or are they about the same?  I read that both can't be used at the same time so a little hesitant to install the beta right now.  

• DAZ_RawbDAZ_Rawb Posts: 817
    RAMWolff said:

Oh, OK.  BUT will DAZ Central give me more options than DIM or are they about the same?  I read that both can't be used at the same time so a little hesitant to install the beta right now.  

DazCentral will always have a more focused and limited feature set than DIM.

They can both be used at the same time if your paths in DIM are simple (DazCentral only works with simple paths). If you change your paths in DazCentral it will overwrite all of the paths in DIM and will not likely set them to things that will keep your existing setup and configuration going.

• Saxa -- SDSaxa -- SD Posts: 871
    DAZ_Rawb said:
    RAMWolff said:

I just want to confirm that this is the plan.

Thanks!  That is very good to hear.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    DAZ_Rawb said:
    RAMWolff said:

They can both be used at the same time if your paths in DIM are simple (DazCentral only works with simple paths). If you change your paths in DazCentral it will overwrite all of the paths in DIM and will not likely set them to things that will keep your existing setup and configuration going.

...so if you have a highly customised categorised library/runtime best to stay with the DIM then.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

OK, thanks for the info.  Deleting the DAZ Central exe then!  Don't need the hassle! 

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    DAZ_Rawb said:
    RAMWolff said:

I thought they could both be used on the same machine, but not at the same time (if you mean running at the same time, which is how I read it, rather than installed at the same time).

• Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562

All I really want is for DIM to one day filter products by content...  Show me just the Shaders. Show me just the Environments... 

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,506

Just an FYI. Am having trouble with communication between Daz and DIM, upgraded DIM and in trouble shooting with TAOZ, he suggesested I look at the manifest file. That's when I realized it was "missing". May 19 upgrade was the culprit for missing link. See attached. Not sure if it is related to my issue but thought I'd post this link issue here before I repoint it to "new" location made by DIM on May 19.

No Manifest.JPG
    1624 x 351 - 65K
    Found.JPG
    2189 x 522 - 207K
    edited May 2020

Sorry for second post but can anyone see a difference between these two paths? when I click the link in advanced settings in DIM it gives me file not found. Yet in a manual search for the Manifest file this appears to be the same path.

Edit1 could the file name be wrong in DIM?

Edit2: It must be because I just repointed it to the folder and it still gives file not found.

Bad Link.JPG
    1732 x 911 - 261K
    Post edited by ArtAngel on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,133
    edited May 2020
    ArtAngel said:

Sorry for second post but can anyone see a difference between these two paths? when I click the link in advanced settings in DIM it gives me file not found. Yet in a manual search for the Manifest file this appears to be the same path.

Edit1 could the file name be wrong in DIM?

Edit2: It must be because I just repointed it to the folder and it still gives file not found.

There is nothing wrong with what you have. There is no difference in the paths. To select the manifests archive, you select a folder. When you press the ... button to browse for a folder, it starts inside currently selected folder. Your setting looks correct. I'd leave it alone.

Post edited by barbult on
    edited May 2020
    barbult said:

There is nothing wrong with what you have. There is no difference in the paths. To select the manifests archive, you select a folder. When you press the ... button to browse for a folder, it starts inside currently selected folder. Your setting looks correct. I'd leave it alone.

Thanks. So the folder is supposed to say file not found because the point is to only set the directory and not to see any dsx files? Thanks to @Taoz, I found the culprit. Somewhere along the way the path populated to be C: (which I never use) for a ton of downloads. This is probably the root of why DAZ content would be non-existant for some content DIM confirmed as installed.

Edit: This has nothing to do with recent updat but somewhere in an earlier DIM version. The new updated DIM is working fine.

Found4835.JPG
    1149 x 764 - 298K
    Post edited by ArtAngel on
    Yes, correct. the DIM manifest folder selection dialog does not show manifest files that may be in the folder.
  • CathyMCathyM Posts: 261

So - about a year ago the hard-drive containing all my installed files for Daz failed and died - and I have been slowly and steadily reinstalling all the thousands of files I have accumulated over the years.  This has been a painstaking task since I like to have all my models in certain places and have to install and then route through and move lots of files.  This was slightly faster and simpler than dl manually and then installing, and was working up until yesterday when I could look through my purchase orders and click DOWNLOAD & INSTALL button to install a whole purchase order at once rather than each individual item. 

Today however the green button tries to make me DL DazCentral, of which I have no interest since it would change my files around.  I also have files from other places that I have manually placed within my file library and do not wish to lose them.  There seems suddenly to be no option to DL the entire Purchase Order with DIM?  Please tell me I'm missing something here - I am only about halfway through reinstalling all these files- dl and manually installing each one at a time makes me sick to even think about.  Please help! - Thanks - Cathy

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718

Daz Central will not remove existing installed content, though people using the beta at least did find it changed some paths so if you are not using the defaults you might need tor eset them to your preferred options. You could use Install manager to download the files anyway - it is possible to use the filter box at top-right to by order number if you want to process single orders, or you could do it by a date range - http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/install_manager/referenceguide/interface/filter_field/advanced_filtering#order

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

The default filters in DIM include sorting by order Date (today, yesterday, this month, etc.)

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312

Can't log into DIM again.

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,890
    scorpio said:

Can't log into DIM again.

What do you get? I've just logged in.

The message said that the log in details were invalid.

I tried changing my password but when I put in the currant password it was invalid

I tried resetting my password using I've forgotton my password but the links all (I tried about 6 times) timed out within minutes and some toof a couple of hours to come through.

I can now log into DIM but have no idea what my password is.

I'm really sick of this and it seems a bit coincidental that the problems stated when the Central thing was released.

Maybe the servers were just too busy or something. A couple days ago, I had to try three times to get logged into DIM. I used the same remembered password each time. Twice it told me it was invalid, but the third time it just worked. I haven't changed my password this month, because it already met the criteria.Today I logged into DIM fine on the first attempt with the same remembered credentials.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    barbult said:

Maybe the servers were just too busy or something. A couple days ago, I had to try three times to get logged into DIM. I used the same remembered password each time. Twice it told me it was invalid, but the third time it just worked. I haven't changed my password this month, because it already met the criteria.Today I logged into DIM fine on the first attempt with the same remembered credentials.

I keep my graphics computer offline most of the time, enabling the network when I need to activate a license, update Nvidia drivers, or download content via DIM. Occasionally I forget or don't wait long enough after enabling the network before I try to log on via DIM, and I get the same "invalid" error message. That tells me DIM is using the same message regardless of the reason it can't log on. It would be nice if it were a wee bit smarter and would tell us things like no network connection, etc. As it is, it's easy to assume there is an issue with log on credentials, even when the problem is something else in the distance between DIM and Daz servers.

barbult said:

Of course a ''server issue'' the typical response to people's problems.

Thanks Robert and Fixmypcmike for your replies to my question.  I hesitate to ask anything further because I hate to look like a fool - I guess if there's a chance that someone might be able to help me with this I will risk it. I have over 6500 files to download left - so I am so sorry to bother anyone but if someone wouldn't mind helping me with this I sure would appreciate it. 

I have studied the Advanced Filter information.  I am sure I am misunderstanding or overlooking something very simple - but I am not a programmer and looking at this sort of thing for too long makes my head hurt.  I have tried putting into the filter the order number as is, the order number with ORDER# in front of it, with ORDER # in front of it, with just # in front of it - I have tried using the ::order number in all kinds of various ways - I have tried using the date - I am not getting anything to show up.  I can enter an item and it will show up.  If there's some way you could just spell out how I need to enter this order number or date to get all the files from an order to show up in DIM so that I can just pick Start Queue and they will download (the way the DOWNLOAD & INSTALL button on the order page USED to work) - I would really appreciate it.  Thanks!  -Cathy

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,133
    edited May 2020

@CathyM - do you mean Fixmypcmike's suggestion to sort by ordered date? This is what you need to do for that: click on the drop-down I've shown with an arrow and pick "Order Date: Recent First"

Capture.JPG
    756 x 312 - 45K
    Post edited by MelanieL on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,133
    edited May 2020

Oh, and if you want to look for a specific order number here's an example of mine. Note that you need to use the short order number (the 8-digit one currently starting 330....) not the long one (9-digits currently in the 108... range) - the short one is the one in the url when you look at an order, NOT the one in large print on the order printout.

Capture-A.JPG
    757 x 307 - 44K
    Post edited by MelanieL on

Bless you MelanieL!!! I was typing in the long order number that appears on the order page, I never even noticed the url had a different number - I would have NEVER found that! and I was trying to type in the date in the same field and that wasn't working for me either.  This will save me soooooooooooooo much time - thanks so much! -Cathy 

• I can't log in the install manager since last week...What is the problem?

스크린샷 2020-06-01 오전 9.52.29.png
    1504 x 1558 - 497K
  • I can't log in the install manager since last week...What is the problem?

Login succeeded after password change. yes

• evacynevacyn Posts: 958
    edited June 2020
    DAZ_Rawb said:
    RAMWolff said:

Can you speak to the decision to make the one-click 'Download & Install' functionality for only items in an order only for Daz Central users? Both the my Orders page and the page that appears after making a purchase both have 'Download & Install' buttons that used to work with DIM (to install all products at once) but are now only for Daz Central.

Post edited by evacyn on