Daz Install Manager (DIM) 1.4.0.94, Now Available! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,922

I changed my ssd and now when I tried to reinstall Daz I'm getting this message about PostgreSQL. Never before I had this probleme, any idea about how to solve it will be very appreciated. (MacOS Catalina 10.15.3)

In the middle on the left of DS you'll see a blue "Start CMS" button. Click that and it should start. At least it did for me  couple of times when I recently started DS and got the same error. Right after I did that though I had to exit DAZ Studio & start DAZ Studio so that it could start & initialize correctly. I also have DAZ 4.12.X but am on Windows 10 instead. 

• I changed my ssd and now when I tried to reinstall Daz I'm getting this message about PostgreSQL. Never before I had this probleme, any idea about how to solve it will be very appreciated. (MacOS Catalina 10.15.3)

Is PostgreSQL installed? In any event, this isn't (probably) an install Manager issue so would be better handled in its wn thread if it isn't just a need to (re)install

Thank you for your kind answer. Yeah, I installed Daz following the suggested 'Default Install Sets' new menu and PostgreSQL is the very first requirement in order to install everything else

• I changed my ssd and now when I tried to reinstall Daz I'm getting this message about PostgreSQL. Never before I had this probleme, any idea about how to solve it will be very appreciated. (MacOS Catalina 10.15.3)

In the middle on the left of DS you'll see a blue "Start CMS" button. Click that and it should start. At least it did for me  couple of times when I recently started DS and got the same error. Right after I did that though I had to exit DAZ Studio & start DAZ Studio so that it could start & initialize correctly. I also have DAZ 4.12.X but am on Windows 10 instead. 

Thanks for the tip, now my problem is much worse, I tried to reinstall Daz from zero, but it downloads all but installs nothing, it gets stuck

• Seems that the new version of DIM has troubles with MacOS 10.15.3 last week update

Screen Shot 2020-02-05 at 12.34.31.png
    1280 x 781 - 252K
  • Seems that the new version of DIM has troubles with MacOS 10.15.3 last week update

Please report this to Daz Technical Support (I expect they are aware, but better too many reports than too few) https://www.daz3d.com/help/help-contact-us

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560

...for my situation, I was told to add another account by tech support.  This would have meant that everything I already had downloaded and installed would show as still being needed to download even though much of it was already installed.

• You could have coped the downloads ans manifests across, unless you were using the default location in Public Docuemnts in which case they would already have been there for you.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited February 2020
    kyoto kid said:

...for my situation, I was told to add another account by tech support.  This would have meant that everything I already had downloaded and installed would show as still being needed to download even though much of it was already installed.

I've played around with adding accounts in DIM. The default is "Account", but once you add an account, you can change which is the default.

The new account will use the default locations for everything, but if you change the various paths to the same as the first account, DIM will find everything. It won't be necessary to redownload anything.

DIM looks for an ini file to populate those paths. On a Windows machine, you can find that file under C:\Users\[name]\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\InstallManager\UserAccounts, where [name] is the windows account name. I keep a backup of my ini file in a txt file (myAccountINIbackup.txt on this computer.) Just in case.

Post edited by L'Adair on

Please report this to Daz Technical Support (I expect they are aware, but better too many reports than too few) https://www.daz3d.com/help/help-contact-us

I'll do, because never before I needed to move folder privileges. Also, sometimes DS ask me to give full access to record my screen or control my computer, and that's very strange in my opinion.

L'Adair said:
    kyoto kid said:

I've played around with adding accounts in DIM. The default is "Account", but once you add an account, you can change which is the default.

The new account will use the default locations for everything, but if you change the various paths to the same as the first account, DIM will find everything. It won't be necessary to redownload anything.

DIM looks for an ini file to populate those paths. On a Windows machine, you can find that file under C:\Users\[name]\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\InstallManager\UserAccounts, where [name] is the windows account name. I keep a backup of my ini file in a txt file (myAccountINIbackup.txt on this computer.) Just in case.

...that is where I put it after I found it was putting it in the next folder up in the tree. Everytime I deal with an update to the DIM, the same happens and the "manifest.json" file appears on the desktop. I also keep a backup as well.

I understand I don't have to redownload content, but what i have installed would repopulate the Ready to Download tab again as if it was a complete "fresh" install. I haven't installed all the "PS" (or very old content) yet, and only do so when I need it so I can manually put it into my categorised runtime setup (doing that with a large amount of content at once is a pretty big and tiring job).

I never use the Public Documents folder on C: as the drive is small, just intended for boot up up and core programmes.

• What are the system requirements for DIM? I can't ever find them.

I still run Daz 4.8 on Mac 10.6.8, so I never know when the version of DIM is going to come along that breaks everything.

• Newest feature:  It no longer WORKS!!!!  Woohoo... yeah... hmmm

DAZ3DIM.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZ3DIM1\QtCore4.dll" at 0033:000000006C163A76, QIODevice::isOpen()+6 byte(s)

Not happy

...well finally got around to installing the update to download a few recent purchases, and sure as daylight, the same situation occurred again, however with a twist.

After starting up, manually entering my password (as for some reason having the "remember me" box checked causes the login to fail) I once again received the invalid login warning.  I shut it down then went to the login folder in C:/Users, moved the .ini (which again appeared on the main desktop) into the proper folder,.then opened it up again, and this time, nothing, no programme window (it usually pops up within a couple seconds).  Opening Windows Task Manager, nothing appeared in the applications tab, however the processes tab indicated it had hung during the startup.  I gave it a while but nothing so when I tired to shut the process down, I got a warning I didn't have have authorization even in Admin mode. I ended up shutting the system down and restarting to clear it out of memory.  After restarting I noticed once again the .ini file was on the desktop I moved it back found only to find that afterwards, I had to manually enter my full sign in, not just the password.  After finally getting it to open, I once again discovered that all the settings were back to the standard defaults as if it were a new install instead of an update (everything being routed to C: instead of D:) requiring having to reset all the preferences again. 

If it were an issue with the system, other software and utilities that update (including some that do so automatically along as well as the Daz programme) would have the same issues as well (like I would have to rebuild my entire preferences setup for Daz each time I installed a new beta update). This only occurs with the DIM.

• Also the link to report ends in a dead end.  No page, no place to report... so I came here.  Restarted my computer as well and still no dice.

• I just installed and launched the DIM which is 64-bits on Windows as per the instructions yesterday until I attempted to login using my credentials after which it just immediately closed itself out for some mystifying reason several times whenever I tried to get it to work.

• kyoto kid said:

...well finally got around to installing the update to download a few recent purchases, and sure as daylight, the same situation occurred again, however with a twist.

After starting up, manually entering my password (as for some reason having the "remember me" box checked causes the login to fail) I once again received the invalid login warning.  I shut it down then went to the login folder in C:/Users, moved the .ini (which again appeared on the main desktop) into the proper folder,.then opened it up again, and this time, nothing, no programme window (it usually pops up within a couple seconds).  Opening Windows Task Manager, nothing appeared in the applications tab, however the processes tab indicated it had hung during the startup.  I gave it a while but nothing so when I tired to shut the process down, I got a warning I didn't have have authorization even in Admin mode. I ended up shutting the system down and restarting to clear it out of memory.  After restarting I noticed once again the .ini file was on the desktop I moved it back found only to find that afterwards, I had to manually enter my full sign in, not just the password.  After finally getting it to open, I once again discovered that all the settings were back to the standard defaults as if it were a new install instead of an update (everything being routed to C: instead of D:) requiring having to reset all the preferences again. 

If it were an issue with the system, other software and utilities that update (including some that do so automatically along as well as the Daz programme) would have the same issues as well (like I would have to rebuild my entire preferences setup for Daz each time I installed a new beta update). This only occurs with the DIM.

If it were an issue with DIM it would happen to far more people (I'm not sure anyone has had exactly your symptoms). This sounds like a clash with soem kind of system tool or an issue with access to folders.

Choronzon said:

Newest feature:  It no longer WORKS!!!!  Woohoo... yeah... hmmm

DAZ3DIM.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZ3DIM1\QtCore4.dll" at 0033:000000006C163A76, QIODevice::isOpen()+6 byte(s)

Not happy

Have you tried a full unisntall and reinstall of DIM (just the application, not the content or settings)? What security software are you using?

I just installed and launched the DIM which is 64-bits on Windows as per the instructions yesterday until I attempted to login using my credentials after which it just immediately closed itself out for some mystifying reason several times whenever I tried to get it to work.

Are you sure the credentials matched? What security software are you running?

edited February 2020

...well having exhausted every possibility I know of on my end, not sure what is left,.

When I submitted a support ticket months ago after this first happened all I was simply told was to make up another account.  That doesn't ' really solve the core matter particularly as when it first happened it sort of came out of the blue about same the time some were trouble with installing the update that was available then. One evening I clicked on the IM shortcut nothing happened, it opened with a message about an update and when I let it do its thing nothing happened. When I looked up I noticed a file labelled manifest.json on my desktop that wasn't there before. When I finally got the update to work after finding and correcting the issue with the .ini and manifest, I noticed that there were new options added to the Tools/Downloads and Installation tabs.

I don't have W10 Home nor do have Windows auto updating enabled, and no utility tried updating my system as I have those set to notify me beforehand (I learned the hard way once about just letting files update automatically the IM is the only one I apparently have no control over). I never had the IM fail to update or open because of CCleaner (mentioned back then as I was told it could have created a possible conflict issue even though it never did in the past, and which I also have since removed). My AV has been set to run scans on a specific schedule (when I'm not using the system) and like all utilities is set to prompt me when there is an update available (none occurred before in that time frame even prior to the previous IM update that completed without any trouble). 

Voodoo?

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Nothing has changed except the patch.  I will try a reinstall.

• Reinstalled. Same result.  Its in your court now I guess.  I have no Security software that would interfere with it.  It opens, it finds new content then just crashes out.

• Interesting note... it seems I don't even need DIM to install anymore?  For some reason my new purchases appear in Studio as greyed out options that I can install by right clicking and "Install"ing from inside.  I just need to find the ones not installed which is a bother as you need to find them (I got what again?) but not impossible.  I still need DIM to interface with my content but it is doing that with no difficulties.  For the time being this screw up isnt costing me working time.  Its just annoying.  Make it stop lol

• Choronzon said:

Reinstalled. Same result.  Its in your court now I guess.  I have no Security software that would interfere with it.  It opens, it finds new content then just crashes out.

If by your you mean Daz' then you need to open a support ticket https://www.daz3d.com/help/help-contact-us

Choronzon said:

Interesting note... it seems I don't even need DIM to install anymore?  For some reason my new purchases appear in Studio as greyed out options that I can install by right clicking and "Install"ing from inside.  I just need to find the ones not installed which is a bother as you need to find them (I got what again?) but not impossible.  I still need DIM to interface with my content but it is doing that with no difficulties.  For the time being this screw up isnt costing me working time.  Its just annoying.  Make it stop lol

Yes, most recent and some older content can be installed through Daz Connect - from within Daz Studio. The main exception, gnoring fiels that simply are not DS compatible, would be the fourth generation Daz Figures (Michael 4, Victoria 4 etc.)

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,121
    Choronzon said:

Reinstalled. Same result.  Its in your court now I guess.  I have no Security software that would interfere with it.  It opens, it finds new content then just crashes out.

If by your you mean Daz' then you need to open a support ticket https://www.daz3d.com/help/help-contact-us

Choronzon said:

Interesting note... it seems I don't even need DIM to install anymore?  For some reason my new purchases appear in Studio as greyed out options that I can install by right clicking and "Install"ing from inside.  I just need to find the ones not installed which is a bother as you need to find them (I got what again?) but not impossible.  I still need DIM to interface with my content but it is doing that with no difficulties.  For the time being this screw up isnt costing me working time.  Its just annoying.  Make it stop lol

Yes, most recent and some older content can be installed through Daz Connect - from within Daz Studio. The main exception, gnoring fiels that simply are not DS compatible, would be the fourth generation Daz Figures (Michael 4, Victoria 4 etc.)

Daz Studio Plugins are another category that cannot be installed with Daz Connect.

• barbult said:

Choronzon said:

Daz Studio Plugins are another category that cannot be installed with Daz Connect.

Yes, and some scripts and shaders - anything that installs like a plug-in, placing files in the application folder, rather than purely as content.

• I opened a ticket a few days ago... they are swamped... I wonder why?

• PekenPeken Posts: 37
    fastbike1 said:

I am getting an "Unable to unpack file ... " message that prevents the installation. I have tried the manual download and the result is the same. Not to mention that my current installation now gives me a Windows cannot access . . .   You may not have the appropriate permissions." Not trying to run anything under Adminstrator etc. Really folks?

Same here! My purchases (in the available tab) has been missing for several days, why? So I thought better check DIM...after the DIM auto-update crashes out, nothing works! The DIM auto-updates up to this point has been a walk in the park, this one broke the whole system. Thanks a lot!

• Well. Convenience is wonderful, when it works. I bought A whole bunch of stuff during this sale. Now, Install Manager, before I can download any of it, first informs me it needs an update. Ok. So then nothing works anymore. After downloading and installing the new version. Downloads fail. Every one. Every time. It is very frustrating. What is going on here? Please help.

..interesting. After dealing with this latest update last week (and all the troubles updates now tend to cause on my system for some reason that I have to manually fix each time), I had no trouble last night downloading and installing new purchases I made over the weekend. 

• So waiting to buy things for them to fix this is a very bad, if not neccessary idea.  My 88$ basket went to a 350$ one.  Oh well.  Any news on this being worked on at least?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,786
    edited February 2020

the DIM update would not install on my win7 PC now I have no DIM at all on it

and Carrara is not accepting my serial number on that PC either

my Win10 one fine

update 3rd download I finally got a DIM installer that works

I did uninstall PostGreSql in Control panel which seems to be the trick

I guess I just reinstall it for DS in DIM

Capture.JPG
    506 x 120 - 21K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

...bugger they better not be dropping W7 support.