Art & Animations By Ivy Summers

Comments

• John SimsJohn Sims Posts: 360
    edited February 2014

Sage perhaps but I fall into the same trap. :-)

The other issue is home projects tend to start with good intentions and run out of steam. Or, part way through, I develop a new way of doing something which then leaves the original clips looking poor in comparison and I can't be bothered to go back a redo them. Or (most often) the look of the characters starts to annoy me and I want to change them but cant because I have spent too long rendering them already.

I wonder if Walt had all these problems? :-)

Post edited by John Sims on
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,154
    edited December 1969

John Sims said:
    Jaderail said:
    It really comes down to number of frames. And I have learned the HARD way the shorter the scene the better, and then change Camera angle or something. Those large files are the real PITA to work with. Even on my PC.

It can help to render different sections separately and then composite. If you have unlinked foreground and background elements particularly.

I use the same camera, split up the scene and then render to individual PNG files. PNG retain the alpha/transparency info and foreground subjects remain cut out.

If you prefer to render as movie files use a plain colour for the background when doing the foreground elements and then chroma key.

Provided you retain the same camera and lights you can add more elements on subsequent layers. It can help to have a plain color representation of the scene, or at least any section the added elements interface with, to catch any shadows. Chroma keying will transfer the shadows which will have equal density once keyed.

Compositing is a spectacularly powerful tool; it's what's done in big movie productions after all.

Hi John I would agree and I usual do break a 300 key-frame scene into 3 or 4 different parts to speed up render times But as a Experiment I want to see if animation quality with daz can be done that is compatible with larger more expensive programs.

Also for my system and the quality films i want to put out. 30kps at 1920x 1080 give the best quality HD animation, But with a cost render times usually are much longer . Add trans maps and RT & Volume lighting , it can really up render times, so I try to use spot light set at deep shadow settings for the same effect as RT light when doing close range shoots. i try to remove as many obj. in the scene as possible that are not directly in the camera's eye, all these tricks can greatly speed up render times.

But really it all boils down to how much effort, time & patients you want to put into the animation.. better quality animations require longer render times. just part of the beast I reckon,
    having 2 PC can greatly help rendering large films I use a i5 lap top for scene building and a i7 3.33 ghz for rendering.
    Also File Management of your films, a good file management or being oroginized having all your assets together before starting when making your animation scenes really is a big plus in speeding up the process.

The latest animation I am currently rendering is mostly hand keyframed with no Still png to scene fills .. lots of programs depended FX
    and completely custom lighted so far I have 3 minutes of a 41/2 minute film rendered. I have logged so far 248 hours of rendering including 2 scenes i decided not to use.
    in my opinion though i think one of my better ones. But I'll leave that for the critics to decide..lol
    hopeful a few more days of rendering and then I can start film editing and sound placement. Stay tuned :)

Test Shoot Taken from scene 48

23.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 126K
    edited March 2014

I picked up a couple of MM sale items Yesturday so I did a few renders in Daz Studio , this is The Mara Character with the Daz SSS map option
    http://www.daz3d.com/march-madness/mara-for-victoria-4-and-genesis
    I also used the new SubSurface Tool Box on the grass props and house
    I used also Magix101 world-base XT
    My own custom UE lighting.
    Please Click ; for best view at full size 1920 x 1080 - 255 kbs :)

sun_Bathing_05.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 155K
    sun_Bathing_04.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 244K
    sun_Bathing_03.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 262K
    sun_Bathing_02.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 288K
    sun_Bathing_01.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 242K
    Post edited by Ivy on
    edited December 1969

a couple more pictures that go with the rest of the series above

sun_Bathing_07.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 305K
    sun_Bathing_06.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 311K
  • none01ohonenone01ohone Posts: 862
    edited December 1969

I wonder why I've suddenly got the urge to drop Mara into my cart! ;-)

edited December 1969

I wonder why I've suddenly got the urge to drop Mara into my cart! ;-)

Like I know ; Right! :), she really is gorgeous, plus she was worth a punch in the card :P
    Seriously she looks great with soft shadows when you use the Daz SSS option, plus i loved she was for both genesis and V4 :)

Thank you very much for your comment :) I believe you'll love her too :)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Well, I see it is time to move Ivy up another notch on my the Artist so good I hate them (in the nicest way) list.

• none01ohonenone01ohone Posts: 862
    edited December 1969

Not really part of this thread, but I just saw your Nuts and Bolts thread and your auto looks amazing. Nice model. But I didn't have anything to contribute to that thread, so posted here.
    Mara did end up in my cart. You made me do it!!! :lol:

edited March 2014

Not really part of this thread, but I just saw your Nuts and Bolts thread and your auto looks amazing. Nice model. But I didn't have anything to contribute to that thread, so posted here.
    Mara did end up in my cart. You made me do it!!! :lol:

Thank you very much , I love her also i used her in these new renders .
    I still have a few bugs to work out but this is generally what it going to look like
    I took renders from all around the car
    Rendered in Daz Studio , Best View full size for seeing the details

1e.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 300K
    1d.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 308K
    1c.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 308K
    1b.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 301K
    1a.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 305K
    Post edited by Ivy on
    edited December 1969

Very nice indeed.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,322
    edited December 1969

These car renders are very cool Ivy! You're skills have been consistently growing with a real artistic flair. One quick suggestion, even though you don't see it, adding a skydome to the scene can add that last little detail to the reflections that are showing up as dark green on the car. Not totally necessary but figured you might want to give it a try.

edited December 1969

John Sims said:
    Very nice indeed.

Thank you very much John

edited December 1969

I find it is also useful to check the scaling within DAZ. Just create a box in DAZ the size of the over all dimensions of the car and see how it compares. Things don't always convert in to DAZ the exact dimensions you anticipate.

edited December 1969

These car renders are very cool Ivy! You're skills have been consistently growing with a real artistic flair. One quick suggestion, even though you don't see it, adding a skydome to the scene can add that last little detail to the reflections that are showing up as dark green on the car. Not totally necessary but figured you might want to give it a try.

Thank you very much for the compliment .
    This my first car model I made with 3DS for daz I still have a few bugs with the rotary of the pivot points on my rigging of my door. But I'm slowly getting there. if i ever get it done I'll convert it to pz or cr2 poser format as well. it seems like i have been on this model a awfully long time..lol

Oh and thanks for the great tip on the sky dome I would have never thought of the reflection in the paint from the clouds adding to the final render.
    Your so smart ;)

edited December 1969

Matt Cain P.I.(private investigator)

Matt is due to testify against a big crime boss in court , some of his boys kidnapped his girl friend and was holding her hostage @ a hotel in room 2101 They thought they could intimidate Matt Cain into not testifying in court tomorrow..

Rendered in Daz - no post work Best Viewed full size 1920 x108- 200 KBs
    Hotel model is Room 2101
    My own custom lighting

5.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 225K
    4.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 155K
    3.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 155K
    2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 287K
    1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 141K
    edited March 2014

DA DA DUM!
    Sadly; These Boy's don't know Mat Cain very well !
    ( Edited one time to add extra graphics )

9.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 182K
    8.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 186K
    7.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 288K
    6.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 163K
    Post edited by Ivy on
    edited December 1969

Some Renders I did tonight, rendered in Daz Studio. with stuff i picked up from the MM sale :)

Best viewed full size :)

I5.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 250K
    I3.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 246K
    I2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 159K
    I1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 151K
    edited March 2014

Spring has arrived
    Sing About Spring :)

best viewed full size
    1920 x 1080 @ 340 KB

5.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 355K
    4.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 236K
    3.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 334K
    Post edited by Ivy on
  • starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

the animals are cute. i like the lighting. Thanks for posting.

edited December 1969

the animals are cute. i like the lighting. Thanks for posting.

Thank you for looking. :)

edited December 1969

OMG!! What a nice set of renders. Modern private eye type stuff, then primitive life type stuff followed with what could be medieval or fantasy. And all done so well.

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

Mat Cain is awesome!!!!....Trish

edited December 1969

Thank you very much Guys , Sorry about the delayed reply..lol

edited December 1969

I'm in love with the Primitive ones... well you should know they would speak to me. I just noticed a couple of boo boo's though. One you can fix and I'll need to check the second one myself. You have a clay pot blended into the Fire pit stones in one I notice, and that made me notice that the Merlins Oak fire seems to be a very Big hot fire to have no coals in it at all. I would expect a hot fire like that to have some coals in it.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I'm in love with the Primitive ones... well you should know they would speak to me. I just noticed a couple of boo boo's though. One you can fix and I'll need to check the second one myself. You have a clay pot blended into the Fire pit stones in one I notice, and that made me notice that the Merlins Oak fire seems to be a very Big hot fire to have no coals in it at all. I would expect a hot fire like that to have some coals in it.

Thanks Jeff.
    I'm love the Native American theme myself. I just picked up the matching kids4 set today so now i can make family scenes.

To answer your question on why there were no hot coals in such a big fire. I think it was because they just got it it started would be my guess ; )

edited March 2014

Celebrity Pin-Up
    Daisy runs out of gas,
    Inspire by the Dukes of Hazards TV series
    Best viewed full size :) 1920 x1080 - 180 KB
    mirror view included.

18.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 241K
    16.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 160K
    14.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 253K
    15.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 174K
    Post edited by Ivy on
    edited December 1969

Very nicely done indeed... but wasn't Daisy blonde? ;-)

Do I assume from all these renders that the videos have taken a back seat currently?

edited December 1969

John Sims said:

Do I assume from all these renders that the videos have taken a back seat currently?

Just checked (any excuse) and you are spot on ....."my bad" as I believe the yoof of today say.

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

John Sims said:

Nope. the original Daisy Duke (played by Catherine Bach in the 1979 TV show) was a brunette.
    edited March 2014

John Sims said:
    John Sims said:

Just checked (any excuse) and you are spot on ....."my bad" as I believe the yoof of today say.

lol
    Jessica Simpson played Daisy duke and she was blonde maybe that what you were thinking of.

I have a animation in progress My male voice actor was at National Guard duty so it had to put the film on hold for the 2 weeks he was gone. but he got back this week so hopefully I'll be able to finish soon, I have like 6 more scenes plus film editing and Sound editing..lol

Thanks for the comment :)

d1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 225K
    Post edited by Ivy on