*closed* RRRR - One day in XXXs life Render Contest (With prizes galore)

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited December 1969

MelanieL said:
    MelanieL said:
    So, my third pull:
    65 = Eastern Dragon
    1725 = Brothers for Growing Up Genesis 2 Male(s) and M6
    505 = Mitsu Hair for Genesis
    657 = Easy Going Poses for Michael 5
    Hmm, this one doesn't really make me think of anyone in particular - may need a bit more time...

Well, I'm not really happy with how this turned out, but I it took me so long to get this far that I can't face starting again, so here goes...

TAG:MelanieL#3

Title: Captain Totte Proudly Presents His Cadet Unit

Captain Totte prided himself on the order and discipline which he instilled in his young Cadet Force unit.
    Today he was particularly proud, because his unit was to feature on a national television program.
    After all the work he had put into drilling his Cadets, he was certain they would impress the viewing public.

Used: Brothers "Garth Younger Teen" shape and texture on the twins (one G2M Base, one M6) fighting over the toy dragon and "Garry Older Teen" on their elder brother (M6) smoothing his hair. Several boys are in poses from (or slightly modified from) Easy Going Poses.

Also Used:
    Captain Totte: M6 with Stratton (M4) texture
    Garry: Pure Hair Punk
    Other Boys (L-R): Gabriel, Ash, Caleb, Colin, Lance/Jayden, Jayden with Beach Hair - with various Growing Up morphs applied
    Uniforms for M6
    Girl 1: Aiko 5, Aussie Girl Outfit, Flower Power sandals
    Girl 2: Deborah for YT, Pink Ink outfit, Ballerina Assembly Kit shoes
    Urban Sprawl 2

The first pic is the original render, the second is my entry.
    What's not to like? I think you captured the Totte style quite well. I see the multiple characters, the military theme, the sepia tone, the humor, etc. Well done, Melanie!

edited December 1969

Number 3 for me:
    Pen Hair for Genesis and V6
    Freya (v4 outfit)
    Off Limits (Textures for V4 Cuore di Moda)
    Headphones

Once again, some pretty flexible items that could lead to anything. I'm getting off easy this time. No big environments and no motorcycles!

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
    edited December 1969

MelanieL said:

Well, I'm not really happy with how this turned out, but I it took me so long to get this far that I can't face starting again, so here goes...

TAG:MelanieL#3

Title: Captain Totte Proudly Presents His Cadet Unit

Captain Totte prided himself on the order and discipline which he instilled in his young Cadet Force unit.
    Today he was particularly proud, because his unit was to feature on a national television program.
    After all the work he had put into drilling his Cadets, he was certain they would impress the viewing public.
    The first pic is the original render, the second is my entry.

Hey, I'm being honored again, this one is really good!

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,091
    edited December 1969

Thanks, barbult and Totte.

edited February 2014

TAG::#6

Totte said:

#3397 River Boat
    #4036 The Church Bundle
    #2425 KillZones The Alley Way
    #1440 Daiyu V5

Also Used
    "Princess sky ship": Eagle 2 + Genesis + Mitsu hair + Misfit for Genesis + Evil Tale Poses
    "Undeads" : Genesis + Zombie + Mr Hyde Pants+ Zombie for G2M + Wither for G2M The Ghoul + GAD Poses
    "Cho": Greta + Grecian Godess + [shader] Day job shader presets + [shader] Real Metals + Hat and hair helper + genesis Tuxedo Hat + Vault Rustler (boots) + Wren Hair + Ancient Profecies (club)

One day in Choholes life

During the shooting of Cho the Zombieslayer VI, something extra ordinary happened. Right when the gigantic eagle was flying over with the skyship carrying the evil princess N'Nazad, undeads from a nearby church decided it was time to stand up for the right to be undead, and time to stop this hilarious mocking of undeads.

Cho had to fight for real this time as the opponents were not trained stuntmen. She grabbed a real club and in front of the rolling camera she took out all the attackers single handed. As usual, reality trumps the story.

cho-zombieslayer-pw.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 319K
    Post edited by Totte on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    TAG::#6
    Totte said:

#3397 River Boat
    #4036 The Church Bundle
    #2425 KillZones The Alley Way
    #1440 Daiyu V5

Also Used
    "Princess sky ship": Eagle 2 + Genesis + Mitsu hair + Misfit for Genesis + Evil Tale Poses
    "Undeads" : Genesis + Zombie + Mr Hyde Pants+ Zombie for G2M + Wither for G2M The Ghoul + GAD Poses
    "Cho": Greta + Grecian Godess + [shader] Day job shader presets + [shader] Real Metals + Hat and hair helper + genesis Tuxedo Hat + Vault Rustler (boots) + Wren Hair + Ancient Profecies (club)

One day in Choholes life

During the shooting of Cho the Zombieslayer VI, something extra ordinary happened. Right when the gigantic eagle was flying over with the skyship carrying the evil princess N'Nazad, undeads from a nearby church decided it was time to stand up for the right to be undead, and time to stop this hilarious mocking of undeads.

Cho had to fight for real this time as the opponents were not trained stuntmen. She grabbed a real club and in front of the rolling camera she took out all the attackers single handed. As usual, reality trumps the story.

Well, having learned my trade battling trolls, zombies are quite easy, even when unexpected. :coolgrin:

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,512
    edited December 1969

...agh, reminder bots AWOL again.

• Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447
    edited December 1969

After a full day of messing around, re-learning the intricacies and arcana of ASP.NET MVC 4, and another day lost to downloading and installing Update 4 of Visual Studio 2012, I finally have enough spare bandwidth to post my latest draw....

This is pull #5:
    1214 - Michael 5 Pro Bundle
    2131 - Amaya Hair (This looks very familiar...!)
    312 - Aslan Court 1: Decor 1
    1073 - Pure Hair: Crazy for Genesis

Not sure who I want to "target" with this one.... Maybe I should just let my muse smack me up-side the head, and see what happens...!

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...agh, reminder bots AWOL again.

Yah, for me too.
    edited February 2014

After a full day of messing around, re-learning the intricacies and arcana of ASP.NET MVC 4, and another day lost to downloading and installing Update 4 of Visual Studio 2012, I finally have enough spare bandwidth to post my latest draw....

This is pull #5:
    1214 - Michael 5 Pro Bundle
    2131 - Amaya Hair (This looks very familiar...!)
    312 - Aslan Court 1: Decor 1
    1073 - Pure Hair: Crazy for Genesis

Not sure who I want to "target" with this one.... Maybe I should just let my muse smack me up-side the head, and see what happens...!

Check post 1. There are a few people who have volunteered who haven't been hit yet. Go get 'em. I'm working on Totte right now.
    Edited to add: You really got a lot of stuff there. A whole bundle and a texture for a huge environment . That should keep your computer maxed out.
    Post edited by barbult on
    edited February 2014

barbult said:
    Number 3 for me:
    Freya (v4 outfit)
    Off Limits (Textures for V4 Cuore di Moda) Has two textures. I autofit it to both Dan and Darc with a homemade V4 clone for G2M.
    Headphones

Once again, some pretty flexible items that could lead to anything. I'm getting off easy this time. No big environments and no motorcycles!

Also Used:
    Genesis 2 Female (FW Danika)
    Genesis 2 Male (FW Dan, FW Darc)
    Freak 5 Derek morph, Neo skin
    Aging Morphs and G2M morphs
    Pocket Filler (money)
    Fantasy Instruments
    Romany Comfort
    Rav outfit with Supersuit shaders
    West Park Ablutions toilet hacked in Hexagon to mimic Totte's
    Freak 4 Weapons
    Toxic puddle, barrels, and pallet
    HDR Pro Sets Monterey City Hall skydome and lights
    Turban from Fortune Teller 1930 for V4
    Fire and Smoke for DAZ Studio
    Toon Furniture Step Stool
    Separate Sketch Cam render of morphed FW Dan and Photoshop to make Totte money

Tag: barbult #3
    The Day Totte Got His Big Idea

Totte decided he had to give up on the concert promotion business. He sold only three tickets to the Waterloo Symphonic Orchestra performance. (Ken bought two for his parents, who had the good sense to stay home instead of traveling to the Himalayas in the dead of winter. A Yeti allegedly bought the third, but he didn't show up either. Some people claim he doesn't even exist.)

Totte was desperate for some other means to make money, but all he had to his name was his Romany Comfort wagon and the "instruments" from the porcelain and percussion sections of the symphony.

Then Totte had his big idea! He remembered the Neutered Pitbull Jazz Ensemble that he encountered some months ago. People covered their ears and went into conniption fits upon hearing the horrible sound. If he could combine the Neutered Pitbull players with his porcelain and percussion section, he could make a killing selling hearing protectors to everyone who passed by!!!

That idea is what started Totte on his path to wealth and financial independence. Totte no longer needs to work. He devotes his entire life to DAZ Studio and the DAZ Forums.

RRRR_Freya_Pen_Hair_Off_Limits_Headphones_PS.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 1M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • luci45luci45 Posts: 2,648
    edited December 1969

barbult said:
    barbult said:
    Number 3 for me:
    Freya (v4 outfit)
    Off Limits (Textures for V4 Cuore di Moda) Has two textures. I autofit it to both Dan and Darc with a homemade V4 clone for G2M.
    Headphones

Also Used:
    Aging Morphs and there G2M morphs
    Pocket Filler (money)
    Fantasy Instruments
    Romany Comfort
    Freak 4 Weapons

Totte decided he had to give up on the concert promotion business. He sold only three tickets to the Waterloo Symphonic Orchestra performance. (Ken bought two for his parents, who had the good sense to stay home instead of traveling to the Himalayas in the dead of winter. A Yeti allegedly bought the third, but he didn't show up either. Some people claim he doesn't even exist.)

Totte was desperate for some other means to make money, but all he had to his name was his Romany Comfort wagon and the "instruments" from the porcelain and percussion sections of the symphony.

Then Totte had his big idea! He remembered the Neutered Pitbull Jazz Ensemble that he encountered some months ago. People covered their ears and went into conniption fits upon hearing the horrible sound. If he could combine the Neutered Pitbull players with his porcelain and percussion section, he could make a killing selling hearing protectors to everyone who passed by!!!

That idea is what started Totte on his path to wealth and financial independence. Totte no longer needs to work. He devotes his entire life to DAZ Studio and the DAZ Forums.

Wow, barbult, another brilliant one!!!!!!!!!!!! This one and Ken's are so awesome, just so funny! A wonderful twist on so many of the little details from things they have done (and said.) It appears you are having a lot of fun too. I hope so! :lol:

edited December 1969

Luci45 said:

barbult said:

Wow, barbult, another brilliant one!!!!!!!!!!!! This one and Ken's are so awesome, just so funny! A wonderful twist on so many of the little details from things they have done (and said.) It appears you are having a lot of fun too. I hope so! :lol:
    Oh yes! I'm having a ball. I look forward to your next one. Yours are always some of my favorites.
    edited December 1969

...been trying to keep up with this but the reminder bots keep flaking out.

edited February 2014

barbult said:
    barbult said:
    Number 3 for me:
    Freya (v4 outfit)
    Headphones

Also Used:
    Aging Morphs and there G2M morphs
    Pocket Filler (money)
    Fantasy Instruments
    Romany Comfort
    Freak 4 Weapons

Really great one! I'm honored barbult!

You know barbult, the idea you present was invented by "Hare Krishna". Instead of asking people to donate for their singing, they invaded a mall and told the shop owners "We leave when this hat is filled", they made much more money that way ;)

Post edited by Totte on
    edited December 1969

@Totte - oh, I love your Chohole the zombie-slayer!
    @barbult - that's great - loads of detail and I love that extra touch of the face on the banknote (I presume that's your idea, not the product?)

• zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

well I've been waiting to see how things were going before I was going to think about trying one of these... all I see is that I cannot compete with this theme

oh well, maybe next time

hey Ken, btw, should you or anyone else ever be looking for a butterfly net in the future there is also a free one out on Renderosity by 3D-Age. Sorry I couldn't have helped you out earlier.

Totte, gotta say the toilet instruments in Ken's symphony brought a laugh here

edited December 1969

Thanks Melanie and Zawarkal.

And I think you should just enter, it's as you see about mocking renderstyles and rendertypes at least as much as mocking the person.

And I'm currently chickening out doing my last pull, hoping if I wait, the gods of random will give me something really fun. Still got nearly three weeks to go.

edited December 1969

...that's the angle I'm taking...

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,648
    edited February 2014

Have Baton Will Travel
    (A Day in the LIfe of Ken OBanion)
    tag: luci45#4

used:
    Ruths Redemption
    Magic for Carnival Entrance
    Easy Environments Greenlands
    Blue-Backed Manakin

Also used:
    Golf Cart (Rendo Freebie by mrfixit002000)
    Sky Princess texture on MFD for G2F
    Aiden for M5
    Genesis 2 Male
    Genesis 2 Female
    Genesis
    Mitch Hair
    Casual Male
    Micah Hair
    Isabel Hair
    Lorenzo and Loretta Lorez
    Medieval Costumes for Lorenzo and Loretta Lorez (CG Share freebie by ajfukuda)
    Morphing Business Suit Bundle
    Car Ranger
    Action -Fober
    Morphing Primitives
    World Traveler suitcase handle
    M5 Ranger Pants
    Fabricator Ye Olde Clothe
    Katie texture
    Sampson Texture
    Movie Props (Rendo freebie by fober1)

Have_Baton_Will_Travel_2.jpg
    1275 x 1650 - 422K
    Post edited by luci45 on
    edited February 2014

Totte said:
    Thanks Melanie and Zawarkal.

And I think you should just enter, it's as you see about mocking renderstyles and rendertypes at least as much as mocking the person.

And I'm currently chickening out doing my last pull, hoping if I wait, the gods of random will give me something really fun. Still got nearly three weeks to go.

but that's where my problem comes in. I'm no artist. No training or background. I know what I like when I see it but I cannot define it as being a part of some renderstyle or rendertype. I just create what comes through me. It would take me a great deal of effort to research all prior artworks by a person to get a feel...

now, if you would let me mock a genre and not specifically a person's style, then maybe I could create something... I think it also has to do with how I perceive mocking to be negative, no matter how much fun is intended. It would be hard to fill in the day in a life portion of the challenge though without potentially just making up an artist.

my children both are always telling me that I have no humor in me, I do, it's just a different kind of humor...

so... any thoughts on how I might proceed to join in, short of me pulling my items and someone looking at my pulls and telling me what to go try

Winning anything here at Daz has been very challenging for me, but that filter forge prize would sure be fun to try for
    if I do enter at all it will only be one image though, I'm fairly certain

edit: okay, backup one minute, press Delete

I think I have figured one out. will post my pulls below

Post edited by zawarkal on
    edited December 1969

Luci45 said:
    Have Baton Will Travel

Nice one, Luci45. You have quite a knack with those cartoon montages.
    edited December 1969

think I may have one here

zawarkal #01

ultrueviolet light and glowing shaders
    squee the little fae dragon
    v3 and m3 shapes for genesis
    modern bed 1

edited December 1969

Luci45 said:
    Have Baton Will Travel

Another really great one Luci! Top notch story and so very perfect for Ken! I agree with barbult, you really make theses cartoon stories so well.
  • Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447
    edited December 1969

Luci45 said:
    Have Baton Will Travel

Priceless, Luci! Great one! And I agree with the majority -- you definitely have a 'knack' (dare I say it? a gift, even) -- for that 'comic-book' form! It just seems to come so naturally to you!

'Musical Director' for an 'adult' film, eh? Almost, but not quite, my "dream job"! (I'd want to be 'Dialog Coach' -- talk about your "money for nothin'...."! That would have to be the easiest job on the planet!)

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Really impressed with the entries so far, in general...clearly all of you have put a lot of thought and effort into this! Working on mine (hopefully the first of a few)...should be done in a few days I think.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I think this has been on of the funnest contests so far. (is funnest actually a word, spell checker seems to think so).

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I think this has been on of the funnest contests so far. (is funnest actually a word, spell checker seems to think so).

Thanks, I'm very happy with the outcome of it and so are those selling keyboards and screen cleaners ;-)

edited December 1969

'Musical Director' for an 'adult' film, eh? Almost, but not quite, my "dream job"! (I'd want to be 'Dialog Coach' -- talk about your "money for nothin'...."! That would have to be the easiest job on the planet!)

Well, Ken, you know those grunts need a lot of careful planning...

edited December 1969

Luci45 said:
    Have Baton Will Travel

Hilarious, Luci - and you must have put a lot of work into that one - great stuff!