Jaderail is at it Again.

Comments

• DeanpwDeanpw Posts: 258
    edited December 1969

I would love to see this in a book with all of your pics in place once you've finished it, which is very easy to do in this day 'n age. Do you have any plans for the completed article?

With regards to the pain your going through, Churchill once said..."If ever you find yourself going through hell... Keep going." (if you stop, you will always be in that place.)
    Just do what you can Jaderail to aid your recovery, but then you already know that.

Chin up,

Dean

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you Very much Dean. The concept is to turn this into Ebook format once finished. The nice folks here at DAZ just happen to get to see it all free and first. Sort of a dry run if you get my point.

edited February 2014

The priest had feared his return to Menzoberranzan, he had filled the intent of his assigned quest but had failed at the implied goal. In hopes of gaining some favor with the Matrons of Arach-Tinilith he had used his powers arcane to travel back to his homeland ahead of his troop of guards. Let them slog slowly down those tunnels to return, he had to report the news of the prisoners escape as soon as possible. It might be his only hope for survival. As a magus assigned to the church of her most Holy Lolth he prayed the living Goddess and her High Matron would allow him to live for his failure, but those that failed them could expect a horrible end if not eternal torment. He now feared for his very life, his goal of rising to a master of the house Sorcere was the only reason he had fought so hard to do a task the Goddess herself had demanded get done. It now seemed he had sought his own doom.

It turned his blood to stone in his veins when he found himself whisked before the great one Herself as soon as the low Matron he presented himself to learned the news he was so loath to present. If they did not have soothsayers he might have tried to lie his way out of this. But he knew that would only have delayed his fate if not gotten him killed out right. He refused to raise his eyes, his head stayed bowed, his knee firmly planted as the great one raged her wrath! Her very presence filled him with fear and awe, her screams seemed to carry the power to stop his heart from beating, he thought he could feel her anger swirl around his self and the chamber like waves in a agitated wash tub.

"Lowly male!! You failed me in the one thing I needed done! Why did I agree to a male being in charge of this in the first place? I should send you to the lower realms, turn you over to a master that will treat you as you deserve. I take care of all my children but you can not be of them! My children do not fail at tasks I put before them! All the males of house Sundarian must die! The house war I instigated served to destroy the elder son and that gave me reason to exile the other but he was never meant to truly have freedom!", Lolth Raged! Her great spider legs clittered and chattered as she roamed madly about the chamber. With a sudden glare the Goddess turns to the lowly creature before her and says, "I set this NEW task upon you! You shall gather and lead a raiding party. YOU shall take them above, and YOU will bring me the head of Jaderail Enous Sunder or I will have yours in its place!"

Jaderail-Exile-15-Lloth.png
    1000 x 1333 - 2M
    Post edited by Jaderail on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,784
    edited December 1969

Lolth not happy

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    The priest had feared his return to Menzoberranzan, he had filled the intent of his assigned quest but had failed at the implied goal. In hopes of gaining some favor with the Matrons of Arach-Tinilith he had used his powers arcane to travel back to his homeland ahead of his troop of guards. Let them slog slowly down those tunnels to return, he had to report the news of the prisoners escape as soon as possible. It might be his only hope for survival. As a magus assigned to the church of her most Holy Lolth he prayed the living Goddess and her High Matron would allow him to live for his failure, but those that failed them could expect a horrible end if not eternal torment. He now feared for his very life, his goal of rising to a master of the house Sorcere was the only reason he had fought so hard to do a task the Goddess herself had demanded get done. It now seemed he had sought his own doom.

It turned his blood to stone in his veins when he found himself whisked before the great one Herself as soon as the low Matron he presented himself to learned the news he was so loath to present. If they did not have soothsayers he might have tried to lie his way out of this. But he knew that would only have delayed his fate if not gotten him killed out right. He refused to raise his eyes, his head stayed bowed, his knee firmly planted as the great one raged her wrath! Her very presence filled him with fear and awe, her screams seemed to carry the power to stop his heart from beating, he thought he could feel her anger swirl around his self and the chamber like waves in a agitated wash tub.

"Lowly male!! You failed me in the one thing I needed done! Why did I agree to a male being in charge of this in the first place? I should send you to the lower realms, turn you over to a master that will treat you as you deserve. I take care of all my children but you can not be of them! My children do not fail at tasks I put before them! All the males of house Sundarian must die! The house war I instigated served to destroy the elder son and that gave me reason to exile the other but he was never meant to truly have freedom!", Lolth Raged! Her great spider legs clittered and chattered as she roamed madly about the chamber. With a sudden glare the Goddess turns to the lowly creature before her and says, "I set this NEW task upon you! You shall gather and lead a raiding party. YOU shall take them above, and YOU will bring me the head of Jaderail Enous Sunder or I will have yours in its place!"

I think I have the book some where - can't remember the name .
    Soon as you show the spider - wow that did it .

edited December 1969

Jaderial's story is based on Dungeons and Dragons, a role playing game using dice
    there is a set world created by Gary Gygax and others sold as a game that the participants then create their own stories and adventures in by playing
    those stories are THEIR OWN as experienced by them like an autobiography
    this is What Jaderail's tale is
    he lived this story playing D&D with his friends

edited December 1969

Jaderial's story is based on Dungeons and Dragons, a role playing game using dice
    there is a set world created by Gary Gygax and others sold as a game that the participants then create their own stories and adventures in by playing

I was at the first D&D at Parkside .
    Every one was sleeping all over the place because they couldn't afford or didn't want to pay for a room .

edited December 1969

bigh said:

I was at the first D&D at Parkside .
    Every one was sleeping all over the place because they couldn't afford or didn't want to pay for a room .

Parkside is in Kenosha Wisconsin
    lets see what else I can remember -
    stopped up toilets
    couldn't keep the food machine full
    or drink machine
    ate a lot of hot dogs - they had deal on them
    people started playing as soon as the doors open and don't stop - only for food and sleep
    they had to go room to room and kick people out when it was over
    2 people hid for a week - I think it was a week
    people came from all over - Europe - Mexico - Canada - all 50 states
    I had the first D&D book ( gave it away ) and some of the models
    I was at the first two events
    12 - 14 people to a room - if you had one
    business were bum out - didn't make any money from the people ( they didn't have much ).
    no dope - well maybe a little ( security were every where )

edited December 1969

The DM had just read the book when I started the new Campaign as a Drow. There is lots of similar things in Jades story to Drizzits but there are large differences. Which you as a reader will have to hang around for. Thank you, if the Quote sounds close to the real Book I'm very flattered, its all my work.

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited February 2014

You seemed to be lost clear over on page three did not want you to lose your thread.....it is about time for more telling of your tale......Trish

Post edited by Trish on
    edited February 2014

Still hard at work. I've never built a Drow city in a gaint cave before... And then we have the other sets as well. Working as I can...
    A Short Message from the Station... Just because I needed a break from my other work. It is very tedious....

Jade-Sword-Message.png
    942 x 949 - 1M
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

he can deconstruct my threads anyday

• insanetiggerinsanetigger Posts: 5
    edited December 1969

You have brought another out of lurk
    WOW ive really enjoyed your story and your renders. I hope we are going to hear (read) much more of Jaderails adventures. Its been a real page turner. Being dyslexic if you dont catch me on the first paragraph i move on but i stayed to read all i could. I cant wait for more.
    I feel for you with your pain and can understand how it tires and wreaks havoc with sitting at your PC. Im riddled with arthritis and have a very painful spinal condition which has caused me to get chronic pain syndrome, I have been this way for a long time now. I think its the length of time and the constant fight dealing with pain no drugs can mask that is the most demoralising. Like you i have found Daz a saviour a distraction from the pain and the constant fight. Reading and knowing we are in similar situations, then to see what you have done is something to look upto and inspirational.
    Thank you for sharing your work and your life with us im sure to others this will be inspirational to. Your words keep the reader on the edge always wanting to know whats gonna happen next. Great work, looking forward to the next instalment.:coolsmile:

edited February 2014

I did a little tribute to my favorite Drow ♥
    not derailing his thread with my crap btw, just giving it a friendly bump to keep you all looking!

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited December 1969

Not a installment of the story, just an update to show that the project proceeds...

Deep in the Underdark the great city was carved from the living rock itself. Generations of slave labor has gone into sculpting the great stalagmites and stalactites into buildings to house the great city of the Drow. So much slave labor was involved that the population of the slaves far exceeds that of the cities masters the Drow. (See Image below)

Info for others that wish I would just get on with this and shut up.... There will soon be a Exile, a Tale of Jaderail thread dedicated just to the story and its images. It will be posted in full chapters at a single time so any can follow the full story to that point in one reading. Then a short break for comments if others wish to post any, then the next full chapter will be posted. For others each render and update of the story will still be posted to this thread as completed just as they are now. I'm hard at work people and things are coming to a thread near you soon. And that is NOT a DAZ SOON. :coolgrin:

The_Dark-City.png
    1280 x 720 - 2M
    edited December 1969

Really great looking city!! Trish

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited December 1969

Really great looking city!! Trish

Agreed. This is a wonderful story Jaderail. I am really enjoying reading it and seeing the accompanying renders.

• DeanpwDeanpw Posts: 258
    edited December 1969

Looking good Jaderail! Nice lighting too!

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,489
    edited December 1969

bigh said:
    I think I have the book some where - can't remember the name .
    Soon as you show the spider - wow that did it .

I guess it is a book about Drizzt Do'Urden ;-)
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,489
    edited December 1969

Jade, you got the undercity looking really cool!

Great Job!

edited December 1969

Still at work folks. The weather has demanded much of my time be spent in bed but I am working as I can.

Thank you all so much for your words. It is very encouraging and keeps my spirits up.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Looking forward to the next installment! Really enjoying these renders and story.

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,950
    edited February 2014

Me too. They are really good and interesting. Btw i have my own group and was thinking to do some renders but i couldn't figure out how to do a centaur.

Post edited by MilosGulan on
    edited February 2014

gulan7 said:
    Me too. They are really good and interesting. Btw i have my own group and was thinking to do some renders but i couldn't figure out how to do a centaur.

the most common way is to combine a human and a horse and hide body parts.
    a preset pose to help http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/6465/ using older figures
    I think there is a Genesis adaption too mentioned
    is a thread on possible geografting too http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/11226/
    there is a stand alone figure http://www.daz3d.com/shades-of-atlantis-sagytarios
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,950
    edited December 1969

Thanks, I tried that thread with millenium horse and Genesis and Apollo Maximus too, and couldn't make it work. I will try it again. Sagytarios looks great btw.

• lv426lv426 Posts: 42
    edited December 1969

Just wanted to say how much I'm enjoying this thread. Thanks for sharing your story.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

Enjoying your story very much jaderail, you have put so much into it! Thank you for sharing with us :)

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,153
    edited December 1969

I'm enjoying your story as well :)

edited December 1969

I was wondering if you modeled the city if so what program did you use???

edited December 1969

Nope not my own model, it is the Shantara City that I have fully re-textured. Be warned it is a HUGE set and takes LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of figures to populate. Its so large in fact that the FULL sized figures in the deep background are just color blobs even at full render size. Still adding figures and creating groups of figures to move around and use over as I use the set again in the future. Fear not I will have several Final renders to dump on the thread all at once when I get beyond the FULLY set up stage of this scene. To spare my sanity I have been creating other scenes and setting them up for render when the Under City gets to be to much to work on. Read that as BOY this can get old fast.