The All you can Eat Sushi and Complaints Thread

Comments

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...yes I did and checked the links out (checked the local Oregon Homeless Resource site). Much of what I read seems to be geared towards families, severely disabled individuals (more so than myself) and the elderly (older than myself). Also it appears many of these programmes (particularly the ones here in Portland) are not available unless you have already lost your home/apartment.. Trying as best as I can to avoid that occurring.

Monday (provided the weather here finally improves and the city is no longer paralysed), I'm going to head to the local DSHS office to inquire about what kinds of assistance and programmes they have available. Also been looking into the possibility of qualifying for an OJT programme as my skillset for the most part pigeonholes me into occupations that a 60 year old male would not fit into like front desk receptionist and executive secretary.

A couple people who have seen the other thread have offered to help and I am very grateful for that. I also was able to get a refund for the auto PC membership renewal that was deducted from my account earlier this week. Going to email my family in Kansas tonight to see if they can help with anything as well. I just need to get over this hump as I understand the EUC measure is not dead yet as it is basically being blocked by a filibuster.

I did see text that said homeless or about to become homeless in one of them. The thing is, even if what you read sounds like it isn't for your circumstance, you should contact them and inquire, because it might not be as you perceive. Or, they might know of other programs that are more suited to your situation. I had thought of the relocation thing as you have said so many times that your current location is not good for your health. I think the service to look into would be in the state you'd like to relocate to. I just hate to see you give up so easily when there are things that may be of great help to you. But it's hard to find them. Those running some of these programs will more than likely know of other programs, it's their job. And often they are kind folks who want to help.

Dana

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot

You sure you don't need a blanket? :lol:

Good night! It's already too late. I have things to do tomorrow.

Dana

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    I can donate thru paypal if that is possible, is too hard any other way from here :)

Yes it is. I still have an account. PM me for my email.

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    ...yes I did and checked the links out (checked the local Oregon Homeless Resource site). Much of what I read seems to be geared towards families, severely disabled individuals (more so than myself) and the elderly (older than myself). Also it appears many of these programmes (particularly the ones here in Portland) are not available unless you have already lost your home/apartment.. Trying as best as I can to avoid that occurring.

Monday (provided the weather here finally improves and the city is no longer paralysed), I'm going to head to the local DSHS office to inquire about what kinds of assistance and programmes they have available. Also been looking into the possibility of qualifying for an OJT programme as my skillset for the most part pigeonholes me into occupations that a 60 year old male would not fit into like front desk receptionist and executive secretary.

A couple people who have seen the other thread have offered to help and I am very grateful for that. I also was able to get a refund for the auto PC membership renewal that was deducted from my account earlier this week. Going to email my family in Kansas tonight to see if they can help with anything as well. I just need to get over this hump as I understand the EUC measure is not dead yet as it is basically being blocked by a filibuster.

I did see text that said homeless or about to become homeless in one of them. The thing is, even if what you read sounds like it isn't for your circumstance, you should contact them and inquire, because it might not be as you perceive. Or, they might know of other programs that are more suited to your situation. I had thought of the relocation thing as you have said so many times that your current location is not good for your health. I think the service to look into would be in the state you'd like to relocate to. I just hate to see you give up so easily when there are things that may be of great help to you. But it's hard to find them. Those running some of these programs will more than likely know of other programs, it's their job. And often they are kind folks who want to help.

Dana
    ...not having a vehicle or a drivers licence, relocation to another state is extremely difficult. I'd have to pay a moving company and I'm not sure that would be covered. Not about to let some butterfingered person handle the workstation that I spent so much time and resources building.

edited December 1969

The sun went down, night is real still not a breath of air and real quiet. And hot, real hot :)

edited December 1969

....just over a half foot of snow here and still very cold. walked home in the centre of the main street (usually busy with fast traffic) as there were no cars at all present. Very rare situation so I had t take advantage of it.

Hoping the next storm centre stays south so we don't get that ebil freezing rain. I'll take another 3 - 5 inches of snow over that as at least I can walk in snow. Freezing rain, and I hibernate.

edited December 1969

Big tropical storm front heading our way, we've had ice storms, kinda like hailstorms but with huge bits of ice, before in the middle of summer. Go figure. Sposed to be the hottest night evah here, but meh got that long hot summer feel tonight is not so bad :lol:

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,349
    edited December 1969

It would be so nice to have 60-70F weather.we haven't been above 35F in a month

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited February 2014

hiya hiya waves frantic

spontaneously sporadic wifi

cool cheesecake cure for the steamy hot

hot fudge topping for froze

:)

ch.jpg
    300 x 191 - 10K
    Post edited by Mistara on
  • starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited February 2014

complaint: Daz Studio 3 can't load half the stuff that I bought from Content Paradise. The scripts to load the items are MC6 and PZ3 extension. My real complaint is how some pages don't say "not tested in Daz Studio" or "only for Poser 6+". Guess I'll need to use Poser 9 and Reality 3 to render some images.

edit: i just found out that Studio 4.6 can read MC6. I'll reinstall Daz Studio 4.6.

Post edited by starionwolf on
  • Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378
    edited December 1969

I hear the "All You Can Eat" bar is closing soon. Last call!

I'll have a Boston Roll, Dragon Roll, Dynamite Roll, Spicy Tuna Roll, California Roll, Mexican Roll, another round of Sake, and taxicabs for all my friends!

Yep, there IS such a thing as a Mexican Roll, complete WITH jalapenos!

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,008
    edited December 1969

5000 posts.
    (sigh)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,794
    edited December 1969

conga Rats tjohn

Untitled.jpg
    959 x 303 - 72K
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,685
    edited December 1969

I am tired. Not sure why I am tired. Is today Saturday?

edited December 1969

Today is Saturday.

rant: the content Paradise store is buggy. I added some items to my cart. Then I logged into my account to checkout of the store. After I logged in, I saw that my shopping cart is empty. Uh.. Now I need to add the items to my cart again.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited February 2014

tjohn said:
    5000 posts.
    (sigh)
    Whats 5000 measly posts got to do with anything? When you hit my numbers and STILL NO got a shiny new green box you just give up.
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

what shiny green box? oh wait, nevermind

daz_box.jpg
    375 x 207 - 28K
    edited December 1969

...8708 here.

Snow still falling. About 8" right now which is major for Portland. Winds still gusting out of the east so it hasn't changed over to freezing rain yet. Wouldn't mind it just coming down as snow for the rest of the day and evening I can walk in that (have to go to the market down the street for a couple things later). Also, snow doesn't cause power outages and a host of other issues like ice does.

An interesting story on the local news site. The new buses our transit system purchased came with a "drop down" system of rotating chains that replaces the difficult task of manually "chaining up" with just a touch of a button by the driver. Well, seems this brilliant invention is not working as expected and most of the buses equipped with this system are sliding around and/or getting stuck as if they had no traction devices at all. Considering the cost of a transit bus (about 450,000$), this is probably a fairly expensive piece of hardware. Someone in the agency will have to answer for that one on Monday.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,349
    edited December 1969

We're expecting snow and very cold over the next 3 days. Very little accumulation at least

edited February 2014

...this is beginning to be reminiscent of the winter of '76 - '77. Long, cold throughout much of the nation, lots of snow. The only difference is thatit didn't snow in Miami FL and San Juan PR this time.

I remember that for about two weeks, the temperatures in Milwaukee WI didn't get above zero. Lake Mendota in Madison still had a thick enough icepack in early March that you could safely walk across it.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

If the snow is the wet, heavy, kind and there's a lot of it, it can bring down power lines and tree branches. Ice just makes it even worse. A couple of months ago they had an ice storm up in northern Maine that left 2 inches of ice on branches and power lines...a lot of which came down. Not the place to be without power.

Dana

edited December 1969

...usually it s the wet heavy kind we often get however it has been so cold these last several days (highs only in the 20s), it has been the light powdery kind instead, thankfully.

It's been so cold in fact that an Anaheim pepper (for the burritos I'm making tonight) which I forgot to put in the fridge after I got home from my shopping trip earlier this week was still firm and fresh. Got my big fluffy blanket at the desk to keep me warm. Unfortunately ran out of Advil today and the market I down the street doesn't sell it because they're one of those "back to nature organic" places. Have to tough it out until Monday when hopefully the streets will be passable again as it is supposed to warm up tomorrow and turn to rain.

Right now, more concerned about someone losing control of their car and knocking down a power pole with a transformer on it.

Snow stopped for now but just received a rash of alert emails from our transit system about additional delays, detours, and even route cancellations.

Heading down to the market (fortunately only 3 blocks away), be back in a few.

edited December 1969

Morning. Hot north wind adding to general hot misery today :)

edited February 2014

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...8708 here.

Snow still falling. About 8" right now which is major for Portland.

It is still snowing in Portland? I thought it stopped. Wow

Post edited by starionwolf on
    edited December 1969

...well it was.

Just got back from my trip to the market and it has changed to that old devil freezing rain. Took three times as long as normal to get home as I had to be extremely careful, especially crossing streets where the snow was packed down by cars. Parking lot at the market pretty much was turning into a solid sheet of ice on top of the packed down snow. Ended up going a bit out of my way on the way home to avoid having cross it and have a traffic light to cross the busy street it is on. Normally I go up a block or so towards home and then cross but that meant I would had to walk through the parking lot again.

Hoping we don't lose power as recently parked cars already had a coating of ice on their windows.

Now I understand the flurry of rider alert emails I got from the transit system before I left.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,008
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    tjohn said:
    5000 posts.
    (sigh)
    Whats 5000 measly posts got to do with anything? When you hit my numbers and STILL NO got a shiny new green box you just give up.
    Legend has it you get a 5th green box at 1 million posts. :)
    edited December 1969

...for that many posts all your boxes should turn to gold ones and you should get the title of "Exalted Grand Poobah of Daz" or something like that.

I just want something that sounds better than "Addict". I think 10,000 posts should be another box and another (better) title.

edited December 1969

Many fires today, starting to see some smoke in the north east

edited February 2014

...meanwhile here the city issued ice storm warnings for the rest of tonight and all day tomorrow. The forecast calls for between 1/4/" - 1/2" of ice accumulation on top of the 8"+ of snow we already have. Time to just stay inside and keep warm & safe.

[ETA]

Beginning to get a bit serious weatherwise here.

As of 9:00pm this evening local time, the city's bureau of transportation is warning everyone to "stay home" and not travel due to hazardous conditions on the streets and sidewalks. Light rail service throughout the area ceased operations at 7:45 due to weather related issues (most likely ice on the overhead lines).

Had the lights flicker a few times but so far so good.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
This discussion has been closed.