The All you can Eat Sushi and Complaints Thread

1363739414250

Comments

  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 11,471
    edited December 1969

    ps1borg said:
    Morning. People are paying big money for bags of ice here anticipating some more hot days. Finding that a little wierd right now :lol:

    Well, it would be odd for me. But I guess in the heat you have, it's not so odd. It's better than beating up your refrigerator by making it crank out a lot of ice. Especially if it's to fill a big beer tub. :)

    Dana

  • RezcaRezca Posts: 2,753
    edited December 1969

    Oooh logged in to find this lovely drawing of my Giant Eagle that I commissioned having finally been finished :D

    Eeee he's so handsome and cute!

    1391650439.sharpdressedreptile_akaikosh_2small_.png
    800 x 800 - 247K
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 11,471
    edited December 1969

    Had a busy day at the mall today. I went and collected applications. I got about nine I think. and I also got some urls to apply online too. I got a ton of places I can apply to which I will be doing the next couple days.

    Good luck!

    Dana

  • Miss Bad WolfMiss Bad Wolf Posts: 21,447
    edited December 1969

    DanaTA said:
    Had a busy day at the mall today. I went and collected applications. I got about nine I think. and I also got some urls to apply online too. I got a ton of places I can apply to which I will be doing the next couple days.

    Good luck!

    Dana


    Thank you!

  • TjohnTjohn Posts: 10,094
    edited December 1969

    Rezca said:
    Oooh logged in to find this lovely drawing of my Giant Eagle that I commissioned having finally been finished :D

    Eeee he's so handsome and cute!


    Is he listening to an Eagles mp3? :)
  • RezcaRezca Posts: 2,753
    edited February 2014

    tjohn said:
    Rezca said:
    Oooh logged in to find this lovely drawing of my Giant Eagle that I commissioned having finally been finished :D

    Eeee he's so handsome and cute!


    Is he listening to an Eagles mp3? :)

    Probably listening to some Nightwish, since that's supposed to be me as an eagle ^_^
    (Kinda like my avatar is me as a raptor, and I'm very fond of the Wyvern 2.0 here at DAZ for my dragon-self~)


    *edit* Heeeeeey, you're just ten posts away from 5,000 posts :D

    Post edited by Rezca on
  • TjohnTjohn Posts: 10,094
    edited December 1969

    I'm doomed... :lol:

  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 31,954
    edited February 2014

    ..ran into a fellow tonight. Looked like I might have a good network contact until he mentioned his company was in an area not served by our transit system. On top of that it required I knew about Smart Phones. I only have a basic cell phone I cannot do texting or any of the other functions required for using a smartphone because of my arthritis.

    Total bummer.


    I am told I need to be on the various Social networking sites to "enhance" my work search. That is totally bogus. Most of these sites are magnets for malware and that is why I don't use them.

    What ever happened to just trusting what a person says? Where in the blazes is the notion of bloody integrity anymore?

    This makes me sick.

    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 11,471
    edited December 1969

    Kyoto Kid said:
    ..ran into a fellow tonight. Looked like I might have a good network contact until he mentioned his company was in an area not served by our transit system. On top of that it required I knew about Smart Phones. I only have a basic cell phone I cannot do texting or any of the other functions required for using a smartphone because of my arthritis.

    Total bummer.


    I am told I need to be on the various Social networking sites to "enhance" my work search. That is totally bogus. Most of these sites are magnets for malware and that is why I don't use them.

    What ever happened to just trusting what a person says? Where in the blazes is the notion of bloody integrity anymore?

    This makes me sick.

    The only one I know of that might actually help with that is LinkedIn. It hasn't helped me much, though. But you haven't been out of work as long as I have. And I'm not so good at the social network thing.

    Dana

  • masudaijaz291masudaijaz291 Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

    If there available tasty things than it is good.

  • starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,249
    edited December 1969

    i wonder how long the big sale for Michael 4 and Victoria 4 will last. I checked my email inbox but I didn't see any messages about the sale or when the sale will end.

  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 31,954
    edited December 1969

    DanaTA said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    ..ran into a fellow tonight. Looked like I might have a good network contact until he mentioned his company was in an area not served by our transit system. On top of that it required I knew about Smart Phones. I only have a basic cell phone I cannot do texting or any of the other functions required for using a smartphone because of my arthritis.

    Total bummer.


    I am told I need to be on the various Social networking sites to "enhance" my work search. That is totally bogus. Most of these sites are magnets for malware and that is why I don't use them.

    What ever happened to just trusting what a person says? Where in the blazes is the notion of bloody integrity anymore?

    This makes me sick.

    The only one I know of that might actually help with that is LinkedIn. It hasn't helped me much, though. But you haven't been out of work as long as I have. And I'm not so good at the social network thing.

    Dana
    ...seems everything is now revolving around social network sites these days. Even my state employment service has tried to get me to use them.

  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

    Having a lot of difficulty with the website today. That is my complaint. Sun is going down here, and the temperature is going up. Can't complain about the sunburned country being hot, things tend toward harmony with their nature :)

    92.png
    207 x 171 - 17K
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

    tjohn said:
    I'm doomed... :lol:

    Oh noes hopes not :)

  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited February 2014

    DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:
    Morning. People are paying big money for bags of ice here anticipating some more hot days. Finding that a little wierd right now :lol:

    Well, it would be odd for me. But I guess in the heat you have, it's not so odd. It's better than beating up your refrigerator by making it crank out a lot of ice. Especially if it's to fill a big beer tub. :)

    Dana

    Was checking out the photos from Misty's window at the time, the ones with all the snow and ice :)

    Post edited by ps1borg on
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

    Kyoto Kid said:
    ..ran into a fellow tonight. Looked like I might have a good network contact until he mentioned his company was in an area not served by our transit system. On top of that it required I knew about Smart Phones. I only have a basic cell phone I cannot do texting or any of the other functions required for using a smartphone because of my arthritis.

    Total bummer.


    I am told I need to be on the various Social networking sites to "enhance" my work search. That is totally bogus. Most of these sites are magnets for malware and that is why I don't use them.

    What ever happened to just trusting what a person says? Where in the blazes is the notion of bloody integrity anymore?

    This makes me sick.

    Is a weird world alright, the agencies I work for have strict no comments on social media at all rules. You gots ta laugh :lol:

  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

    Had a busy day at the mall today. I went and collected applications. I got about nine I think. and I also got some urls to apply online too. I got a ton of places I can apply to which I will be doing the next couple days.

    Hey great I'm sure they will like you :)

  • MystarraMystarra Posts: 33,293
    edited February 2014

    cooold. froze toez

    Waxing Gibbous

    Post edited by Mystarra on
  • MystarraMystarra Posts: 33,293
    edited December 1969

    The Rhinoman is in the fasgrab

  • starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,249
    edited December 1969

    the big sale for M4 and V4 items is still on sale. I'm going shopping now. I see the Vue Frontier 11 is on sale too. I'm going to pass on Vue Frontier 11 because the dual-core computer is so slow. The Intel HD integrated graphics is slower than my $35 Nvidia card. I'll wait until I build my 6-core computer with a $200 video card before I buy Vue at $99.

  • MystarraMystarra Posts: 33,293
    edited February 2014

    i'm learning how to make stencils for Visio. no knows what the symbols mean. a bunch of lines wih arrows. leetle lighnings

    not even sure how to define the question, or complaint.

    so like, i can learn the hows to creating stencils and plopping them on a page, layers, etc.
    but the What of a drawing. that's the essential. i don't even know what book to buy.
    so the phoneline circuit comes in from the 'box' forgot what it's called outside the building, copper, optic comes in, then goes out again. spids.

    meanwhile, sensation like cold pins in my lip. ugh.

    it'll all be better with a cuppa TEA :)

    Post edited by Mystarra on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 31,954
    edited December 1969

    ps1borg said:
    Having a lot of difficulty with the website today. That is my complaint. Sun is going down here, and the temperature is going up. Can't complain about the sunburned country being hot, things tend toward harmony with their nature :)

    ...looks like it's our turn for "real" winter.

    Notice the "Feels Like" temperature and wind speed. And yeah, the "ache-o-meter" is spot on today was feeling it in my bones as well last night and this morning.

    pdx_02-06.jpg
    830 x 517 - 165K
  • MystarraMystarra Posts: 33,293
    edited December 1969

    i thought the Pacific coast would be a bit milder.

    Do you have any volcanoes on the west coast?

    Portland is on the other tetonic plate? west side of the san adreas fault?

  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 10,821
    edited December 1969

    Can the teenage years be over yet? I hope I wasn't this bad on my parents.

  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 23,375
    edited December 1969

    I had to sign a nondisclosure clause for social media at work too.

  • TjohnTjohn Posts: 10,094
    edited December 1969

    Frank0314 said:
    Can the teenage years be over yet? I hope I wasn't this bad on my parents.

    You probably were. :)
    Does this sound familiar?
    "You just don't understand!"
    Every teen says it, every parent hears it. And so it is with each generation.
    SPSTE.jpg
    304 x 450 - 45K
    their-parents.jpg
    600 x 300 - 24K
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,292
    edited December 1969

    Frank0314 said:
    Can the teenage years be over yet? I hope I wasn't this bad on my parents.

    +1 except replace "teenage" with "toddler." I expect I probably was just as bad. I was a good teenager though, all things considered...so hoping for good karmic payoff in the future.
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 31,954
    edited February 2014

    i thought the Pacific coast would be a bit milder.

    Do you have any volcanoes on the west coast?

    Portland is on the other tetonic plate? west side of the san adreas fault?


    ...well with how wacky the weather has been so far we ended up with the jet stream diving southward just off the coast which is pulling in cold air from the east.

    Geographically, Portland is at the end of a "funnel" through which winds from the eastern part of the state blow through. When this occurs in winter it ushers in very cold air that fills the northern and central Willamette Valley which is between two mountain ranges, the Cascades and the Coast range. Unlike Seattle (with Puget Sound), Portland, which is about 72 miles inland from the ocean. does not have a large body of water to "moderate" the temperature so there are times it can be snowing here while it's raining in Seattle 160 miles north.

    When the jet is following it's usual course (going more east to west over central/northern British Columbia) any moisture that comes off of the Pacific Ocean is accompanied by warmer winds, hence precipitation is usually in the form of rain. It takes a specific set of conditions, like what we have right now, to produce snow. Usually these events last only a couple days before the jet resumes its normal course and allows warmer air from the Pacific to filter in. However, back in I think it was 2010, the jet stream continued to plunge south for almost a week and we received three storms back to back that buried us under 16 - 18" of snow which was around for over a week.

    During the summer the opposite occurs. With the jet stream far to the north we get what are known as 'heat lows" which do not produce precipitation and circulate hot air from the central high desert through the gorge and into the valley. It is not unusual to see 100°+ temperatures here in Portland in July/August (our all time record is 107° which was almost reached twice in the summer of 2010 during a week long heatwave).


    As to tectonics, The San Andreas heads offshore just south of Eureka CA and turns due westward. Portland is on the west end of North America plate. About 70 or so miles off the cost is what is known as the Cascadia Subduction Zone where the Jan de Fuca plate is sliding underneath the western edge of the North America Plate. This is seen as a possible major threat to the Pacific Northwest as it could produce a quake more powerful than the one that hit Japan a few years ago. The last quake along the zone occurred in January of 1700 and was strong enough that it produced a Tsunami which was recorded Japan.

    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 10,821
    edited December 1969

    Our teen shuts us out and refuses to talk to us but then blames us for his issues

  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 31,954
    edited December 1969

    ...well been fun here but looks like the end of the road for me.

    After six weeks of waiting the EUC proposal was defeated today 58 - 40 (60 votes were needed to pass).

    I still have no job prospects in spite of continually sending out applications and resumes, almost out of money and can't pay this month's rent, and have little to look forward to now that the only lifeline I had has been cut.

    Guess it's fitting I post one more complaint here.


    Take care everyone, keep complainin' and keep rendering,


    ...The I Got No Job, No Home, No Future Anymore Complaint Thread

This discussion has been closed.