[Released] Content Wizard [Commercial]

Comments

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945

Nothing I have done will shift it out of the category Environment .. I have looked at the underlying .dsx and all refrences to Environment are gone.  I tried using the in-built Daz Studio category editor .. dear god could they make that dialog box any smaller???? - and finally manged to edit the category.  Only to fidn that edit means copy the category you editing and creat a new one, so you have to go back and delete the original category ... Even that does not affact the listng in 'Smart' Content - it STILL appears under Environment (as well as where it is supposed to).  Stopping/starting Saz Studio in case it was a cache problem does not work, nor does a re-import of the metadata.  There seems to be no way of actually removing an incorrect or invalid database entry!

Quick update - ok, I think I found a way .. I wnet to the category Environmenst and selected the product.  For each item (in this case just 4), I righ-clicked on the picon and picked 'Categoriz ...'then unchecked the Environments setting, and clicked Accept.  Once that was done all seems to be as it should be (to my mind, at least!). Why isn't this done when you delete the category from the Edit metadata dialog within Daz Studio when yo go and select 'Delete Selected Categories'??? Ho-hum, at least I know now!

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702
    edited March 2020

Sorry about that. Here it is.

Hmmm, the

08:35:28 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time): Importing Product into Daz Studio.../Runtime/Support/Renderosity_139266_MDD_Eira_for_G8F.dsx

states it is using the right store and not local user.  And you said you deleted the local user product.  My only thought is this is a case where you need to refresh the DB.

I am not sure which database you're refering to. Do you mean right click on "figures" in smart content and click refresh?

Post edited by AnEye4Art on
  • RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,369
    SimonJM said:

Quick update - ok, I think I found a way .. I wnet to the category Environmenst and selected the product.  For each item (in this case just 4), I righ-clicked on the picon and picked 'Categoriz ...'then unchecked the Environments setting, and clicked Accept.  Once that was done all seems to be as it should be (to my mind, at least!). Why isn't this done when you delete the category from the Edit metadata dialog within Daz Studio when yo go and select 'Delete Selected Categories'??? Ho-hum, at least I know now!

I am glad you found a way and shared it.  Daz's Smart Content can be... finicky.

• Sorry about that. Here it is.

Hmmm, the

08:35:28 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time): Importing Product into Daz Studio.../Runtime/Support/Renderosity_139266_MDD_Eira_for_G8F.dsx

states it is using the right store and not local user.  And you said you deleted the local user product.  My only thought is this is a case where you need to refresh the DB.

I am not sure which database you're refering to. Do you mean right click on "figures" in smart content and click refresh?

In DAZ Studio, click on the hamburger menu in the Content Library pane, select Content DB Maintenance, select Reset Database. Once that is done, select Content DB Maintenance again and select Re-Import Metadata.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,147
    edited March 2020

Hmmm, the

In DAZ Studio, click on the hamburger menu in the Content Library pane, select Content DB Maintenance, select Reset Database. Once that is done, select Content DB Maintenance again and select Re-Import Metadata.

DON'T RESET THE DATABASE IF YOU INSTALL CONTENT WITH DAZ CONNECT.

It will cause Daz Studio to completely lose track of what products were installed. You have to install them again. If you install only a portion of your purchased content, this is a horrible pain, because you have to sort through to figure out what to install again. Re-Import Metadata will not fix this problem (At least it didn't when I reset the database at the direction of customer service and discovered this problem.) I have an open (for years) trouble ticket about this and have never been told that it has been fixed. Last time I asked recently, I was told it had not been addressed. Be careful!

Post edited by barbult on

Hmmm, the

barbult said:

Hmmm, the

DON'T RESET THE DATABASE IF YOU INSTALL CONTENT WITH DAZ CONNECT.

It will cause Daz Studio to completely lose track of what products were installed. You have to install them again. If you install only a portion of your purchased content, this is a horrible pain, because you have to sort through to figure out what to install again. Re-Import Metadata will not fix this problem (At least it didn't when I reset the database at the direction of customer service and discovered this problem.) I have an open (for years) trouble ticket about this and have never been told that it has been fixed. Last time I asked recently, I was told it had not been addressed. Be careful!

Thank you both.

• TraskTrask Posts: 4
    Trask said:

After severals years I decided to come back to Daz Studio and saw this plugin which I thought would be great for managing all the stuff I have to re-install.

I'm a bit confused now, "installing" seems identical to selecting a bunch of zips and using to 7zip to "extract here".  

It's not scanning the folder structure of the zip files and putting data in data for example.   Whatever the first folder in the zip is simply get's dumped into root library directory.. So unless the zip files have perfect folder structure, there's nothing "smart" about the installer.  It doesn't cut down on manual work at all.  In some cases all I had left were unzipped folders and had to zip them all in order to play nice with this script.  Thankfully I found a batch file for 7zip to do that so it wasn't very tedious. 

What am I missing?

If you only have one My Daz 3D directory you want to install to, and don't care about adding smart content metadata to the products, CW will not be of use to you.  However, if you do install things in multiple locations (e.g., multiple drives) OR you would like to have smart content for products from other sites which don't have it, CW is invaluable.

I do have different directories for different vendors.  Doesn't matter, like I said it just dumps the content of the zip into the folder using whatever directory structure is in the zip.  It doesn't find and extract the "People" folder from the zip into the "People" Folder in my chosen directory.  Your product page advertises Batch Installing and Installing content that spans multiple zip files, which lead me to believe there wouldn't be any manual work.

Got a worrying thing ... a day or so back got a couple of updates flagged in DIMm alog with soemnew stuff I had bought.  Downlaoded not an issue.  however trying toinstall the 2 updates caused DIM to hang.  Tried a couple of times, same thing. Rebotted computer this morning in case that couldbe ab issue and same thing..  This time, however, I took a different option on the 'staooped working' dialog and got a crash report from DIM that mentioned cms connection.

I reset the database, shut down DS and retried the install of the 2 updates.  This time they went through fine. IWould that have been something I did, using the in-built DS database tools or an artefact of CW, or a combination?

• Trask said:
    Trask said:

After severals years I decided to come back to Daz Studio and saw this plugin which I thought would be great for managing all the stuff I have to re-install.

I'm a bit confused now, "installing" seems identical to selecting a bunch of zips and using to 7zip to "extract here".  

It's not scanning the folder structure of the zip files and putting data in data for example.   Whatever the first folder in the zip is simply get's dumped into root library directory.. So unless the zip files have perfect folder structure, there's nothing "smart" about the installer.  It doesn't cut down on manual work at all.  In some cases all I had left were unzipped folders and had to zip them all in order to play nice with this script.  Thankfully I found a batch file for 7zip to do that so it wasn't very tedious. 

What am I missing?

If you only have one My Daz 3D directory you want to install to, and don't care about adding smart content metadata to the products, CW will not be of use to you.  However, if you do install things in multiple locations (e.g., multiple drives) OR you would like to have smart content for products from other sites which don't have it, CW is invaluable.

I do have different directories for different vendors.  Doesn't matter, like I said it just dumps the content of the zip into the folder using whatever directory structure is in the zip.  It doesn't find and extract the "People" folder from the zip into the "People" Folder in my chosen directory.  Your product page advertises Batch Installing and Installing content that spans multiple zip files, which lead me to believe there wouldn't be any manual work.

The zips do have to be valid zips, i.e. correct structure. According to the manual:

Content Wizard relies on the structure of a zip file(s) to help guide it in installing a product into the correct directories of Daz Studio and with the correct metadata.  Your first step in installing a product is always obtaining a valid product zip file(s).  A valid product zip file(s) contains the standard names for directories, e.g., data, People, etc.  A valid product zip file looks like the attachment.

Most product zip files will usually contain a Data directory or Runtime directory, and a People directory for people-related products, an Environments directory for environment related products, a Props directory for props and environment related products, a Scripts directory for scripting products, etc. Content Wizard is flexible about whether these directories are at the top-level of the zip file(s) or under the Content directory as Daz recommends.  All files at the top level are ignored.  Only directories will be installed or analyzed to generate Smart Content metadata.

Content Wizard User Manual.jpg
    1134 x 765 - 85K
    Trask said:
    Trask said:

What am I missing?

The zips do have to be valid zips, i.e. correct structure. According to the manual:

Content Wizard relies on the structure of a zip file(s) to help guide it in installing a product into the correct directories of Daz Studio and with the correct metadata.  Your first step in installing a product is always obtaining a valid product zip file(s).  A valid product zip file(s) contains the standard names for directories, e.g., data, People, etc.  A valid product zip file looks like the attachment.

Most product zip files will usually contain a Data directory or Runtime directory, and a People directory for people-related products, an Environments directory for environment related products, a Props directory for props and environment related products, a Scripts directory for scripting products, etc. Content Wizard is flexible about whether these directories are at the top-level of the zip file(s) or under the Content directory as Daz recommends.  All files at the top level are ignored.  Only directories will be installed or analyzed to generate Smart Content metadata.

And you need to use redirects if you want the People folder to go to another location.  

SimonJM said:

Got a worrying thing ... a day or so back got a couple of updates flagged in DIMm alog with soemnew stuff I had bought.  Downlaoded not an issue.  however trying toinstall the 2 updates caused DIM to hang.  Tried a couple of times, same thing. Rebotted computer this morning in case that couldbe ab issue and same thing..  This time, however, I took a different option on the 'staooped working' dialog and got a crash report from DIM that mentioned cms connection.

I reset the database, shut down DS and retried the install of the 2 updates.  This time they went through fine. IWould that have been something I did, using the in-built DS database tools or an artefact of CW, or a combination?

I honestly don't know.  Since the smart content metadata lives in the CMS, I suppose it is possible, especially with the failed installlations, that the CMS got messed up.  But that should have nothing to do with the connection.  For reference, I have never reset the database.

• That's why I rebuild my zips if needed before using CW or CPA. Sure, it takes a few extra minutes, but worth it.

I have submitted an update with the cumulative fixes including supporting tags in the smart content (unfortunately, this bug required changing a lot of files so I couldn't post a patch):

• Fixed Error importing product into Smart Content database error
    • Added Load/Save Installation Options feature
    • Fixed ability to load/save tags and install in smart content
    • Fixes the issue where installing a character's smart content breaks the smart content for all characters of that generation
    • Fixed issue with writing out support assets with an ampersand (&) in the filename
    • Updated GetCategory for materials to include the product name when the materials are under the characters path
    • Fixed GetCompatibilityBase to return the character generation for characters (e.g., /Genesis 8/Male) instead of the product name

• No dublicate smart content fix? sad

I can't use Content Wizard when it installs smart content twice.

• No Export? Hopefully the next update ...

edited March 2020

No dublicate smart content fix? sad

Are you getting the same figure in local User (located in smart content) and then a duplicate under smart content too? If so, I have the same issue too. I deleted the figure and cleaned out all associated files then reset data base before reinstalling but still a duplicate. QUESTION: When reinstalling the figure, I get a prompt that says something like "renderosity folder does not exists if one is not created then LOCAL USER will be used". I chose to create the renderosity folder but still the duplicate in local user. Is this where the issue is? Thanks for all the help. 

Post edited by AnEye4Art on
    edited March 2020
    SimonJM said:

I honestly don't know.  Since the smart content metadata lives in the CMS, I suppose it is possible, especially with the failed installlations, that the CMS got messed up.  But that should have nothing to do with the connection.  For reference, I have never reset the database.

Nor do I.  But after having ome back after letting the re-import finish I find that that 'rogue' product is BACK listed under Environments again ... wth???? And  now  find the trick to remove via the Categorize .. feature no longer works.

<edit>

reset database again and manually edited the 'errant' .dsx file by hand, then re-dud in[ort and now it hs (really and hopefully!) gone from Environmnets.

Word to the wise: CHECK the data that will be written as Smatrt Content BEFORE pulling the trigger!

Post edited by SimonJM on
  • No dublicate smart content fix? sad

Are you getting the same figure in local User (located in smart content) and then a duplicate under smart content too? If so, I have the same issue too. I deleted the figure and cleaned out all associated files then reset data base before reinstalling but still a duplicate. QUESTION: When reinstalling the figure, I get a prompt that says something like "renderosity folder does not exists if one is not created then LOCAL USER will be used". I chose to create the renderosity folder but still the duplicate in local user. Is this where the issue is? Thanks for all the help. 

Yes this is the issue. I've tried to delete the smart content data after the Content Wizard and tried the Content Wizard again after that but I always get dublicate smart content data for every file I try it with.

No dublicate smart content fix? sad

I need to reproduce it first.  

I released this for the people who don't trawl the forums.  It had been too long since a patch fixed the major issues.

No Export? Hopefully the next update ...

See above laugh.  This won't be the only update.  

• bicc39bicc39 Posts: 589

Without going into a lot of detail.

Suggestion (which you should do with all new Items).

Backup the program (especially the runtime)

• TraskTrask Posts: 4
    Trask said:
    Trask said:

What am I missing?

You haven't stated anything I don't already know.  Also, as far as I know you can't access the manual before you buy it.  The structure of the Zip isn't "guiding" anything, it's identical behavior to manually unzipping.  It's not really geared for older content or unconventional top level folder names.  If my zipped "Content" Folder which contains, Data, Runtime, etc.  is contained in a folder that's titled "TraskRosity1" for example.  It just dumps the TraskRosity1 folder into the directory; which seems to contradict the claim that it is "flexible" whether these directories are at the top level or not.  So I still have to go in and manually move folders out of TraskRosity1.  Does this mean the only "top level" folder Content Wizard recognizes is "Content"?

• I don't know if this will help, but I found a post from 2016 which talked about the duplication problem in smart content in: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/70983/local-user-product.

To make your custom product metadata and don't get the assets in LOCAL USER, you need create a product before start making categorization and assign content types using Content DB Editor. The reason behind this is that if you start assing categories and content type to the assets without create a product the assets will get set a Global ID as 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000, meaning those assets are considered user data and will be assigned to LOCAL USER. Creating a product before starting to assign categories and content types with Content DB editor sets a valid GLOBAL ID and the metadata created is assumed as Vendor Data. This is a workaround, and not how recommended by DAZ. In fact, I think it works fine to me, because I am not using DAZ Connect.

DAZ pretends that metadata created to third party vendors or user assets stay segregated globally in LOCAL USER and not separeted as individual products, as you, me, and some others have been working. That is the real problem which broke our workflow.

EDIT:

Oh, if you assign categories and content type to the assets before create a product, and later you decide to create an associated product, all previous categories assigned will be lost and will be re-assigned. You will finish with the assets categorized inside the newly created product and inside LOCAL USER. Weird, but it is as is.

I honestly have no idea if this is what's causing it, but it's the only thing I have found. Hope it helps.

Trask said:
    Trask said:
    Trask said:

What am I missing?

You haven't stated anything I don't already know.  Also, as far as I know you can't access the manual before you buy it.  The structure of the Zip isn't "guiding" anything, it's identical behavior to manually unzipping.  It's not really geared for older content or unconventional top level folder names.  If my zipped "Content" Folder which contains, Data, Runtime, etc.  is contained in a folder that's titled "TraskRosity1" for example.  It just dumps the TraskRosity1 folder into the directory; which seems to contradict the claim that it is "flexible" whether these directories are at the top level or not.  So I still have to go in and manually move folders out of TraskRosity1.  Does this mean the only "top level" folder Content Wizard recognizes is "Content"?

Content is the only top-level folder that the script recognizes should be discarded.  Otherwise, it assumes that they are all top-level directories.  As you pointed out, older content liked to have unconventional folder names and need to maintain that structure so CW cannot assume anything about them.

Yes, the structure of the zip guides how the script works.  If a file is in the Characters folder, it thinks the file might be for a character.  If there is a material under the character folder that contains the same surfaces as the other file, it thinks that the material applies to that character.  If there is a material that is under transportation and has the same surface names, it DOESN'T think that the material applies to the character but probably to another file under transportation.

As for the content library installation, the folder names are used to match with the directory redirects and put those folders wherever you ask.

I don't know if this will help, but I found a post from 2016 which talked about the duplication problem in smart content in: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/70983/local-user-product.

To make your custom product metadata and don't get the assets in LOCAL USER, you need create a product before start making categorization and assign content types using Content DB Editor. The reason behind this is that if you start assing categories and content type to the assets without create a product the assets will get set a Global ID as 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000, meaning those assets are considered user data and will be assigned to LOCAL USER. Creating a product before starting to assign categories and content types with Content DB editor sets a valid GLOBAL ID and the metadata created is assumed as Vendor Data. This is a workaround, and not how recommended by DAZ. In fact, I think it works fine to me, because I am not using DAZ Connect.

DAZ pretends that metadata created to third party vendors or user assets stay segregated globally in LOCAL USER and not separeted as individual products, as you, me, and some others have been working. That is the real problem which broke our workflow.

EDIT:

Oh, if you assign categories and content type to the assets before create a product, and later you decide to create an associated product, all previous categories assigned will be lost and will be re-assigned. You will finish with the assets categorized inside the newly created product and inside LOCAL USER. Weird, but it is as is.

I honestly have no idea if this is what's causing it, but it's the only thing I have found. Hope it helps.

Interesting. Thank you for looking.  This should not be the problem here.  The product is always created first and CW, at least right now, doesn't allow you to create new categories.

I am very pleased with all the helpfull people and the patience displayed here. I hope that sharing what I'm experiencing with CW is doing more good than harm. I have no regret aquiring CW and I am passing the word along to fellow artists about the software. Out of all of this I have learned a lot about DAZ, too. So keep the good work and thanks to RiverSoft and ALL of you for being so patient and professional.

• martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,345
    edited March 2020

I don't know if this will help, but I found a post from 2016 which talked about the duplication problem in smart content in: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/70983/local-user-product.

EDIT:

Interesting. Thank you for looking.  This should not be the problem here.  The product is always created first and CW, at least right now, doesn't allow you to create new categories.

LOCAL USER duplicates is a recurrent problem. I get duplicates doing my own metadata (by Rstudio script or by hand in DS), changing previous official metadata and creating custom folders and custom products. A random amount of files get duplicates other are fine, it is a crazy behavior.

Erasing duplicate in content library erase the good reference also, but the good way to eliminate duplicates is into product tree:

product --> L --> LOCAL USER --> select what you want eliminate --> right click --> Remove Reference

Post edited by [email protected] on
    GiGi_7 said:

EDIT:

LOCAL USER duplicates is a recurrent problem. I get duplicates doing my own metadata (by Rstudio script or by hand in DS), changing previous official metadata and creating custom folders and custom products. A random amount of files get duplicates other are fine, it is a crazy behavior.

Erasing duplicate in content library erase the good reference also, but the good way to eliminate duplicates is into product tree:

product --> L --> LOCAL USER --> select what you want eliminate --> right click --> Remove Reference

I will try that later today after work. Thanks for the tip.

• GiGi_7 said:

Can confirm that this works. I wish there was a way to organize the content library by date instead of by name though, I have far too many files in there. Thanks for the trick though.