[Released] Content Wizard [Commercial]

Comments

• IllidanstormIllidanstorm Posts: 655
    edited March 2020

-

Post edited by Illidanstorm on
  • GiGi_7 said:

LOCAL USER duplicates is a recurrent problem. I get duplicates doing my own metadata (by Rstudio script or by hand in DS), changing previous official metadata and creating custom folders and custom products. A random amount of files get duplicates other are fine, it is a crazy behavior.

Erasing duplicate in content library erase the good reference also, but the good way to eliminate duplicates is into product tree:

product --> L --> LOCAL USER --> select what you want eliminate --> right click --> Remove Reference

This dosen't work for me. There are my products in this local user folder, but not the ones made by Content Wizard. If I click on one and go to show asset in Content Libary > Products it is greyed out.
    I can only find it in the smart content pane of Local User in Products, but from there I can't delete it.

What if you used the "show product in content library" button on the smart content product of Local User? Like this:

Also, you might have a lof of files in that "product" but the content library only sorts by name, so they might be in other pages. You can change pages using the arrows in at the top of the panel:

The reason the link on the duplicated file doesn't let you directly jump to a product is because the duplicated files don't have products (Which is why they get sent to the local user one). When you get there, just find the repeated file from smart content by alphabetical order. You have to go page by page or guess more or less what page that letter might be on and from there search by hand. It's annoying, and if you have a lot of custom content it's time consuming, but it works. If you are really lucky the things that got duplicated are called almost the same (Like whateverboots, whateverpants and whatevershirt, etc.) so all you would have to do is find whatever page the w is on and search for it manually. Good luck.

Untitled.png
    1180 x 576 - 46K
    Untitled 2.png
    133 x 50 - 2K
  • RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,376

I am very pleased with all the helpfull people and the patience displayed here. I hope that sharing what I'm experiencing with CW is doing more good than harm. I have no regret aquiring CW and I am passing the word along to fellow artists about the software. Out of all of this I have learned a lot about DAZ, too. So keep the good work and thanks to RiverSoft and ALL of you for being so patient and professional.

You're welcome!  Thank you for the kind words.

GiGi_7 said:

I don't know if this will help, but I found a post from 2016 which talked about the duplication problem in smart content in: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/70983/local-user-product.

To make your custom product metadata and don't get the assets in LOCAL USER, you need create a product before start making categorization and assign content types using Content DB Editor. The reason behind this is that if you start assing categories and content type to the assets without create a product the assets will get set a Global ID as 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000, meaning those assets are considered user data and will be assigned to LOCAL USER. Creating a product before starting to assign categories and content types with Content DB editor sets a valid GLOBAL ID and the metadata created is assumed as Vendor Data. This is a workaround, and not how recommended by DAZ. In fact, I think it works fine to me, because I am not using DAZ Connect.

DAZ pretends that metadata created to third party vendors or user assets stay segregated globally in LOCAL USER and not separeted as individual products, as you, me, and some others have been working. That is the real problem which broke our workflow.

EDIT:

Oh, if you assign categories and content type to the assets before create a product, and later you decide to create an associated product, all previous categories assigned will be lost and will be re-assigned. You will finish with the assets categorized inside the newly created product and inside LOCAL USER. Weird, but it is as is.

I honestly have no idea if this is what's causing it, but it's the only thing I have found. Hope it helps.

Interesting. Thank you for looking.  This should not be the problem here.  The product is always created first and CW, at least right now, doesn't allow you to create new categories.

LOCAL USER duplicates is a recurrent problem. I get duplicates doing my own metadata (by Rstudio script or by hand in DS), changing previous official metadata and creating custom folders and custom products. A random amount of files get duplicates other are fine, it is a crazy behavior.

Erasing duplicate in content library erase the good reference also, but the good way to eliminate duplicates is into product tree:

product --> L --> LOCAL USER --> select what you want eliminate --> right click --> Remove Reference

I will try that later today after work. Thanks for the tip.

Thank you so much for sharing this.

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 703
    edited March 2020
    GiGi_7 said:

I don't know if this will help, but I found a post from 2016 which talked about the duplication problem in smart content in: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/70983/local-user-product.

To make your custom product metadata and don't get the assets in LOCAL USER, you need create a product before start making categorization and assign content types using Content DB Editor. The reason behind this is that if you start assing categories and content type to the assets without create a product the assets will get set a Global ID as 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000, meaning those assets are considered user data and will be assigned to LOCAL USER. Creating a product before starting to assign categories and content types with Content DB editor sets a valid GLOBAL ID and the metadata created is assumed as Vendor Data. This is a workaround, and not how recommended by DAZ. In fact, I think it works fine to me, because I am not using DAZ Connect.

DAZ pretends that metadata created to third party vendors or user assets stay segregated globally in LOCAL USER and not separeted as individual products, as you, me, and some others have been working. That is the real problem which broke our workflow.

EDIT:

Oh, if you assign categories and content type to the assets before create a product, and later you decide to create an associated product, all previous categories assigned will be lost and will be re-assigned. You will finish with the assets categorized inside the newly created product and inside LOCAL USER. Weird, but it is as is.

I honestly have no idea if this is what's causing it, but it's the only thing I have found. Hope it helps.

Interesting. Thank you for looking.  This should not be the problem here.  The product is always created first and CW, at least right now, doesn't allow you to create new categories.

Thanks, Gigi_7. It worked for me.

Post edited by AnEye4Art on
  • IllidanstormIllidanstorm Posts: 655
    edited March 2020
    GiGi_7 said:

This dosen't work for me. There are my products in this local user folder, but not the ones made by Content Wizard. If I click on one and go to show asset in Content Libary > Products it is greyed out.
    I can only find it in the smart content pane of Local User in Products, but from there I can't delete it.

What if you used the "show product in content library" button on the smart content product of Local User? Like this:

Also, you might have a lof of files in that "product" but the content library only sorts by name, so they might be in other pages. You can change pages using the arrows in at the top of the panel:

The reason the link on the duplicated file doesn't let you directly jump to a product is because the duplicated files don't have products (Which is why they get sent to the local user one). When you get there, just find the repeated file from smart content by alphabetical order. You have to go page by page or guess more or less what page that letter might be on and from there search by hand. It's annoying, and if you have a lot of custom content it's time consuming, but it works. If you are really lucky the things that got duplicated are called almost the same (Like whateverboots, whateverpants and whatevershirt, etc.) so all you would have to do is find whatever page the w is on and search for it manually. Good luck.

yes it works!!
    I have like 10000 products in my local user for some reason so I find it easiest to search for it in Content Libary and then click show assets in products

Post edited by Illidanstorm on
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945

I just got the inability to install updates from DIM again ... not sure of the exact route I took to get here, I will see whT i can find out.  I have spotted a couple of otehr thread about connecting to cms, so ... maybe there?

• SimonJM said:

I just got the inability to install updates from DIM again ... not sure of the exact route I took to get here, I will see whT i can find out.  I have spotted a couple of otehr thread about connecting to cms, so ... maybe there?

the update isn't up yet http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/67507/start

SimonJM said:

the update isn't up yet http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/67507/start

No, it isn't.  The tester and I are working some issues.

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,953
    edited March 2020

How is the testing\update going?

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on

Slow, unfortunately.

Slow, unfortunately.

We may have had a breakthrough in testing.  If so, the duplicate product in LOCAL USER may have been solved by this upcoming patch too.

• How is the testing\update going?

Slow, unfortunately.

We may have had a breakthrough in testing.  If so, the duplicate product in LOCAL USER may have been solved by this upcoming patch too.

Great!

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,910

Slow, unfortunately.

It will solve the wobbly limbs when transferring a G1->G3 morph too?

edited March 2020
    Imago said:

Slow, unfortunately.

Are you sure you have the right thread :)

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,910
    Imago said:

Slow, unfortunately.

Oh, boy! I had two tabs opened and posted in the wrong one! surpriseblush

Sorry! blush

Imago said:
    Imago said:

Slow, unfortunately.

Oh, boy! I had two tabs opened and posted in the wrong one! surpriseblush

Sorry! blush

LOL laugh

The official patch should be live in store now.

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

Thank you!  Downloading now!!

• The official patch should be live in store now.

Is it v1.0.5.4?

Looking for the Export option ... angel

Is it v1.0.5.4?

Yes, it is v1.0.5.4.  The export button now enables after Install Smart Content but I don't think that is what you are talking about.  Please remind what Export option you want?

edited March 2020

Is it v1.0.5.4?

Yes, it is v1.0.5.4.  The export button now enables after Install Smart Content but I don't think that is what you are talking about.  Please remind what Export option you want?

The one I would like is to export the Smart Content (metadata) without having to install it. So that one could load a zip, create and export. The user can then add the exported Smart Content to the existing zip and the complete zip can then be stored as backups and for future installations.

Is it v1.0.5.4?

The one I would like is to export the Smart Content (metadata) without having to install it. So that one could load a zip, create and export. The user can then add the exported Smart Content to the existing zip and the complete zip can then be stored as backups and for future installations.

I am not sure I am understanding you.  In a way, you already have that option.  Analyze your zip, edit the smart content, and save the configuration file.  That file reloads everything you have done and is machine independent.   If you are talking about Daz smart content files in Runtime/Support, I could sorta generate the support files without installing Smart content, but it is not complete without installing smart content.  

edited March 2020

Is it v1.0.5.4?

I am not sure I am understanding you.  In a way, you already have that option.  Analyze your zip, edit the smart content, and save the configuration file.  That file reloads everything you have done and is machine independent.   If you are talking about Daz smart content files in Runtime/Support, I could sorta generate the support files without installing Smart content, but it is not complete without installing smart content.  

Yes, what I would like exported is the DAZ smart content files in Runtime/Support, e.g. the *.dsx and *.jpg files. Of course, it would then be up to the user to install the smart content in DS.

Is it v1.0.5.4?

Yes, what I would like exported is the DAZ smart content files in Runtime/Support, e.g. the *.dsx and *.jpg files. Of course, it would then be up to the user to install the smart content in DS.

I can sort of do that I think.  Problems I see is that it would have no GUID assigned by DS, and the smart content might not work (product name and different ID conflict, etc) without verifying it can install.

• The official patch should be live in store now.

Is it v1.0.5.4?

I can sort of do that I think.  Problems I see is that it would have no GUID assigned by DS, and the smart content might not work (product name and different ID conflict, etc) without verifying it can install.

I'm sure for a man with your talent and knowledge, that it is not insurmountable wink

• AlricAlric Posts: 125

First off I'm loving the program, it's very useful.

Is there a possibility that we will be able to add smart content to already installed items? I use a lot of the pose converters to convert poses between the different figures. So I have lots of directories of poses without smart content and there are no install files for them. Same with the clothes converters.

I suppose I could create zips for the files and then reinstall them using content wizard, but I'm hoping for an easier (faster) solution.

Alric said:

First off I'm loving the program, it's very useful.

Is there a possibility that we will be able to add smart content to already installed items? I use a lot of the pose converters to convert poses between the different figures. So I have lots of directories of poses without smart content and there are no install files for them. Same with the clothes converters.

I suppose I could create zips for the files and then reinstall them using content wizard, but I'm hoping for an easier (faster) solution.

I am glad you like it!

Unfortunately, Smart Content is tied to products pretty closely.  However, you can easily create a product zip with only the user facing files and not all the runtime files in it as far as Smart Content is concerned.

Is it v1.0.5.4?

I'm sure for a man with your talent and knowledge, that it is not insurmountable wink

Maybe smiley

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,310

Is it v1.0.5.4?

Like Doctor Jelly Bean I would also like to see this. Firstly I install to multiple different machines. but I also find Smart Content needs reinstalling periodicaly. This is a trivial operation, you just reset the database and then reimport all the metadata files. If the Content Wizard created these files in runtime/support then its metadata would also be restored via this, and you would not need to reinstall them one by one using the wizard.