• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    edited February 2014

Sorry to see Kyoto go... :(

Our prayers and thoughts of well-being be with you

Post edited by Rezca on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited February 2014

...thank you.

...just came back from a long walk in the snow. Nice and peaceful. Guess I better to get used to the cold now because that's my new home.

...miracles only happen in fantasy.

I hope all those senators who kept us "hostage" for the last six weeks and then voted against the measure can sleep well tonight in their nice comfortable homes after what they did.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Homes? I was under the impression snakes lived in places called dens....

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Real hot here today, sunset might make a difference there is a breath of cool breeze from somewhere :)

98.png
    213 x 169 - 17K
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Sorry to see Kyoto go... :(

Our prayers and thoughts of well-being be with you

+1 I'll have a good thought for you today :)

edited December 1969

Fifth anniversary of the firestorm this weekend, well now actually. There is a hot northerly blowing in from the interior. Going to stay close to home and be grateful for everything :)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,800
    edited December 1969

I have an interesting question about music copyright and videos, I use my Casio keyboard frequently, only fingered chords, drum and tones not the preloaded "songs" but if one did would you get done for copyright infringement? I know actually it is but it is preloaded on a performance instrument, a kid could play them in a video etc (or your cat!)

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

cats are toonsically talented. :)

edited February 2014

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...well been fun here but looks like the end of the road for me.

After six weeks of waiting the EUC proposal was defeated today 58 - 40 (60 votes were needed to pass).

I still have no job prospects in spite of continually sending out applications and resumes, almost out of money and can't pay this month's rent, and have little to look forward to now that the only lifeline I had has been cut.

Guess it's fitting I post one more complaint here.

Take care everyone, keep complainin' and keep rendering,

...The I Got No Job, No Home, No Future Anymore Complaint Thread

you were talking about radio the other day.

do you have a radio voice? maybe you could get some voice over work?

long commutes are hard, but at least is money and is temporary until you get something you really want.

one trick i learned from manpower was to dummy down my resume. landed this job half my last salary, but also less stress.
    i just think of it as semi-retirement.

have you kept in touch with people from your old job? maybe they can share their luck and recommend you for something?

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Fifth anniversary of the firestorm this weekend, well now actually. There is a hot northerly blowing in from the interior. Going to stay close to home and be grateful for everything :)

lift a cool drink together? :)

cheers!

{hugglez}

edited December 1969

mann, how long does it take uncle sam to shell out those refunds ...

edited February 2014

ooo boy oh boy, they iz takin me out to lunch for my 11year anniversary. Gallo Tropicale. :) mm mmm virgin pina colada

la la laaaaa

Cos you're the joke of the neighbourhood,
    why should you care if you're feeling good Take the long way home

There are times that you feel you're part of the scenery,
    all the greenery
    is comin' down boy
    Then your wife seems to think you're part of the furniture,
    oh it's peculiar,
    she used to be so nice

Lonely days turn to lonely nights,
    you take a trip to the city lights And take the long way home,

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

mischievous snow fairies. or are they ice fairies.

Feed me. Feed me now. :lol: feed the wild things before they eat yoooo

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Complaint! Where is my mofoing snow!? There isn't enough of it! Four inches does not equal "winter" over here!

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

Sorry to see you go, KK. Have you looked into other forms of help? Food stamps and such? Unemployment insurance isn't the only thing out there.

Dana

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

Good luck Kyoto Kid. Let us know how things turn out.

I got a complaint/observation:

Poser 9's default light is slow on my computer. I should install Poser 9 on the dual-core Pentium. ah.. the background is black.

Alyson_1.jpg
    491 x 526 - 36K
    edited February 2014

DanaTA said:
    Sorry to see you go, KK. Have you looked into other forms of help? Food stamps and such? Unemployment insurance isn't the only thing out there.

Dana

...already on food stamps since the beginning of January when the original EUC programme expired. While yes it does give me something to eat it doesn't pay to keep a roof over my head and a place to prepare meals in.

I've already been checking about other resources. There really isn't much else but "welfare" and that is very difficult to qualify for if you are single and have no kids. Most other social agencies and charities only serve families, not individuals, especially since we have a disproportionate number of homeless for a city of our size. Can't claim disability for my arthritis as I don't have a doctor and cannot afford walking into an office for even a preliminary exam not much less any tests they may need to do. Then there's the long drawn out process or applying getting rejected and having to file an appeal (usually having to pay an attorney in the process) which can take months. If you don't win, you still have to cough up the money for the attorney's time.

About the only thing left is having a winning a lotto ticket in your pocket. Almost seems as likely odds as finding a job these days.

Cancelled my PC subscription and hoping they can give me a refund. That would at least put 70$ back in my pocket.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

...already on food stamps since the beginning of January when the original EUC programme expired. While yes it does give me something to eat it doesn't pay to keep a roof over my head and a place to prepare meals in.

I've already been checking about other resources. There really isn't much else but "welfare" and that is very difficult to qualify for if you are single and have no kids. Most other social agencies and charities only serve families, not individuals, especially since we have a disproportionate number of homeless for a city of our size. Can't claim disability for my arthritis as I don't have a doctor and cannot afford walking into an office for even a preliminary exam not much less any tests they may need to do. Then there's the long drawn out process or applying getting rejected and having to file an appeal (usually having to pay an attorney in the process) which can take months. If you don't win, you still have to cough up the money for the attorney's time.

About the only thing left is having a winning a lotto ticket in your pocket. Almost seems as likely odds as finding a job these days.

Cancelled my PC subscription and hoping they can give me a refund. That would at least put 70$ back in my pocket.

Try looking into things like these:
    HUD federal homeless programs

National Coalition for the Homeless

Homeless Assistance Resources in Texas

And I'm sure there are many others, but this is a start. Some have relocation assistance.

Dana

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Complaint! Where is my mofoing snow!? There isn't enough of it! Four inches does not equal "winter" over here!

snow faeiries must be drunk, misdirecting the snow falls

edited February 2014

haha, I forgot to save the second image that I rendered before I closed Poser 9. Now I need to render the image again.

edited for clarity

Post edited by starionwolf on
    edited December 1969

really really hoping my home wifi is up. >.<</p>

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

snow faeiries must be drunk, misdirecting the snow falls
    ...yeah they're out here in Portland right now. [looks out window]. Yep, just got back from their break.

edited December 1969

Morning. City skyline lost in a heat haze outside my window, is extremely hot here today and getting hotter :)

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,358
    edited December 1969

Extremely cold here. I went outside for a matter of a few seconds and was frozen to the bone. Had to sit on my heating pad on my back to warm up

edited February 2014

...well round two of our wintery weather is now in full swing.

The municipal library system has been closed for the weekend, All state and federal offices are now closed. the local transit system is experiencing major disruptions to both bus and light rail service. Buses are on snow routes, with others not running at all, and trains are being delayed by frozen switches (one commenter on the local commuting blog suggested the transit commission should talk to Canada and Russia to see how they keep their trains running in winter).

Basically, it is a mess out there and only going to get worse. More snow tonight, and later tomorrow round three with yet more snow and by Sunday, risk of that "evil" thing known as freezing rain as the cold air is slowly scoured out of the valley. That also can all change depending on where the third storm tracks. if it goes further south into California, then just more snow and cold.

Usually we get this type of weather around the Yuletide holiday or early January. This is actually kind of late for such frigid conditions.

Glad I stocked up when I did.

edited December 1969

KK, did you see my last post?

Dana

edited December 1969

...yes I did and checked the links out (checked the local Oregon Homeless Resource site). Much of what I read seems to be geared towards families, severely disabled individuals (more so than myself) and the elderly (older than myself). Also it appears many of these programmes (particularly the ones here in Portland) are not available unless you have already lost your home/apartment.. Trying as best as I can to avoid that occurring.

Monday (provided the weather here finally improves and the city is no longer paralysed), I'm going to head to the local DSHS office to inquire about what kinds of assistance and programmes they have available. Also been looking into the possibility of qualifying for an OJT programme as my skillset for the most part pigeonholes me into occupations that a 60 year old male would not fit into like front desk receptionist and executive secretary.

A couple people who have seen the other thread have offered to help and I am very grateful for that. I also was able to get a refund for the auto PC membership renewal that was deducted from my account earlier this week. Going to email my family in Kansas tonight to see if they can help with anything as well. I just need to get over this hump as I understand the EUC measure is not dead yet as it is basically being blocked by a filibuster.

edited December 1969

I can donate thru paypal if that is possible, is too hard any other way from here :)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I would offer to help myself if I was able KK. Family matters here have already put a hole in my funds or I would for sure.

Weather is still in roller coaster mode for me. I'm not getting a single thing done beyond my Admin thing right now. Just not got those need to render vibes when my body is fighting me. I'm trying to get a couple of scenes set up but my heart is just not into it right now. BLAH...

edited February 2014

i downloaded some free stuff for Kate and Alyson in Poser 9. I saw some files that are called .DS_Store. I guess I don't need them since I will be using Poser instead of Daz Studio.

DS is short for Daz Studio. Not sure how there is a period in front of the file name. The file's extension goes after the period.

edited for clarity

Post edited by starionwolf on
This discussion has been closed.