The All you can Eat Sushi and Complaints Thread

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,571
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Work gets all serious and stuff, must remember to have some fun :)

...cool. what scenery set is that?
    edited December 1969

...if it's Tuesday, this must be Complaint Time.

Woke up and went to my email. Saw a Balance Alert from my bank (my bank has a special service that allows me to set an account threshold which generates an alert email if my balance goes below that). The largest payment I made was for my ISP bill for the month which shouldn't have dropped it that low (though am still having troubles getting my account there squared away as they still have me listed for TV service, I keep telling them I don't have a telly).

So I sign in and go to my statement report to find that Daz has charged me 70$ for PC club renewal on Sunday (I thought they didn't work on Sundays). The other thing is my membership wasn't set to expire until later this month however with the auto payment I don't have the original date (I believe it was something like the 24th). For the last several months I've been purchasing little in the way of content save for things I saved up for, used mu PC coupon on, or used a GC that I won from a challenge on.

I can deal without being a PC member for a month or two I cannot deal with being unable to pay my bills or not having money for things like bus fare and laundry.

I immediately filed a support ticket for a refund and told them I need the money put back in my bank and not as store credit. What I have in my bank account is all I have to live on until the situation with the Extended UC benefits is resolved (I let them know that as well).

Hopefully they will understand.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

miki with flutter heart buddy :)

miki21.png
    700 x 700 - 393K
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ps1borg said:

Looks like Rural Crossroads by FirstBastion to me.

edited February 2014

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...if it's Tuesday, this must be Complaint Time.

Woke up and went to my email. Saw a Balance Alert from my bank (my bank has a special service that allows me to set an account threshold which generates an alert email if my balance goes below that). The largest payment I made was for my ISP bill for the month which shouldn't have dropped it that low (though am still having troubles getting my account there squared away as they still have me listed for TV service, I keep telling them I don't have a telly).

So I sign in and go to my statement report to find that Daz has charged me 70$ for PC club renewal on Sunday (I thought they didn't work on Sundays). The other thing is my membership wasn't set to expire until later this month however with the auto payment I don't have the original date (I believe it was something like the 24th). For the last several months I've been purchasing little in the way of content save for things I saved up for, used mu PC coupon on, or used a GC that I won from a challenge on.

I can deal without being a PC member for a month or two I cannot deal with being unable to pay my bills or not having money for things like bus fare and laundry.

I immediately filed a support ticket for a refund and told them I need the money put back in my bank and not as store credit. What I have in my bank account is all I have to live on until the situation with the Extended UC benefits is resolved (I let them know that as well).

Hopefully they will understand.

{{hugs}}
    no lottery joy yet

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited February 2014

...indeed it is. It's worse when you see a large deduction that you didn't expect from what little you have left and thee is no foreseeable income.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited February 2014

invent any recipes? maybe a nice recipe book on createspace?

i bought a couple of vegetarian slow cooker recipes last christmas.

what if you made something like this ?
    this looks interesting http://www.amazon.com/dp/1440328315
    -Fantasy Fashion Art Studio: Creating Romantic Characters, Clothing and Costumes

edited February 2014

...not really.

Not much into commission work either as I don't do the more "popular" stuff and therefore don't have a lot of supportive content for it. I pretty much have based most of my content purchases on what i need for my stories.

No longer can draw or paint very well and still a rank beginner when it comes to 3D modelling (can't afford a stable application for that either ATM).

edited December 1969

beer recipes?

it's tough making money. specially hard without a car.

do you have any stuff you can sell on ebay?

i sold a lot of my dvds on amazon. back when i had a car. be too tough to bring all the stuff to the post office everyday.

edited December 1969

...not of any worth really that would justify the shipping costs. Would also have to set up a Pay Pal vendor account and all that as well as I have no means of accepting CCs.

edited February 2014

if you sell on amazon, they do the cc transactions for you.

near retirement career should be something you enjoy. :)

professional beer test taster?

hmm, golf course jobs? http://www.futureyears.com/careers/alternate-career.html

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Nice one! Early morning and there's already trouble somewhere, judging by how fast he's going.

Dana

edited December 1969

tjohn said:

Nice, very natural looking.

Dana

edited February 2014

Kyoto Kid said:
    ps1borg said:

Looked like a real photo background to me.

Dana

Oops, I was thinking about the old dude with the dog. Wrong one...sorry.. Actually, it looks like Rural Crossroads

Post edited by DanaTA on
    edited December 1969

if you sell on amazon, they do the cc transactions for you.

near retirement career should be something you enjoy. :)

professional beer test taster?

...again I really have little of any real value that would make it worth it. Been living a rather simple lifestyle for years as the job I last was in really didn't pay very much., I had to choose between having healthcare coverage or a transit pass for getting to and from work just to get by each month. My 3DCG work is all I have left to keep my sanity so selling the workstation is out, besides, used computers don't go for much anyway and I can't sell all my applications and content.

Aside from my story and CG work, my ideal "retirement career" would be going back into radio (classical and jazz) part time. The only thing with all the automation and these satellite radio networks these days, the traditional DJ is a dying breed (and classical music radio pretty much a dead format). About the only positions left are at small college or community radio stations and usually unpaid. When I can retire without having to punch a clock every day I would love to go back into it as I really enjoyed it.

edited February 2014

DanaTA said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    ps1borg said:

Dana

Oops, I was thinking about the old dude with the dog. Wrong one...sorry.. Actually, it looks like Rural Crossroads
    ...if I'm not mistaken, Tjohn used the HDR Pro Set Urban Recreation by DimensionTheory.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    DanaTA said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    ps1borg said:

Dana

...if I'm not mistaken, Tjohn used the HDR Pro Set Urban Recreation by DimensionTheory.

What I mean is, I think ps1borg used Rural Crossroads.

Dana

edited December 1969

...yes that is it.

I was referring the the pic Tjohn linked to from the gallery that was also mentioned.

edited December 1969

weather is sounding a mess tomorrow. they iz advising to stay home.
    iffy home internet. may not be able to hang with yas for a couple a days.

safe and almost sane. :lol:

a medusan is walking into the space bar. there goes the pg-13 Lisa, Medusans stretch the kinky imaginations. tee hee

wind and ice the power lines might go, thank goodness for pencil and paper. writing by candle light may just nudge the kinky meter up a level. :lol:

edited December 1969

...hoping you don't lose power, being without lights and heat is not good. I remember seeing stories about the big ice storm that hit Toronto in December, crippled the city for days.

Really don't like ice storms or freezing rain, we get both here on occasion. When it happens, I don't go out the door at all as the last thing I need to do is take a fall and break something at my age.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...hoping you don't lose power, being without lights and heat is not good. I remember seeing stories about the big ice storm that hit Toronto in December, crippled the city for days.

Really don't like ice storms or freezing rain, we get both here on occasion. When it happens, I don't go out the door at all as the last thing I need to do is take a fall and break something at my age.

If that's the last thing you need to do...what is the thing you need to do just before it? :)

Dana

edited February 2014

...make sure I'm well supplied with food & drink to wait it out, make some hot tea and hope the power doesn't go out in the meantime. ;-)

Actually seeing reports of snow right now in the hills west of downtown. Going to get down to 16° tomorrow night and Thursday morning with snow possible down to the valley floor on Saturday. Supposed to warm up by later Sunday so might see some of that freezing rain stuff here. Time to head out to the market and stock up just in case. Already have emergency candles and all the flashlights have fresh batteries. Both clocks run on batteries as well.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,380
    edited December 1969

Were a couple hours away from getting the snow and ice. Gonna start and not end till tomorrow night some time. They are saying upwards to 12" of snow

edited December 1969

....ugh and ice afterwards.

...and more on the way by the weekend.

...The Snow, Snow Go Away Complaint Thread
    The Help I'm Buried In A Snowdrift And Can't Get Out Complaint Thread
    The Winter of MY Discontent Complaint Thread

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

here is an incentive for me to find a job despite the cold weather: with the money I make, I can buy products for the generation 3 ladies before the online stores stop selling them. Items for the Laura and Stephanie Petite are hard to find. I saw some items on a clearence sale at Renderosity.

Also, I can buy Vue Frontier. I missed the big software sale Daz had a few weeks ago.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Nice, very natural looking.

Dana
    Thanks everyone.
    The set I used was one of the Dimension Theory HDR Urban Environments.

edited February 2014

Kyoto Kid said:
    DanaTA said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    ps1borg said:

Dana

Yep.
    Sorry for the echo, I tend to answer as I read. :lol:

Post edited by TJohn on
    edited December 1969

Punxsutawney Phil, your days are numbered... :)
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/27228/P1078/

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Bright yellow sun like an unblinking eye in a big blue sky that seems to go forever outside my window, is warming up again here :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Morning. Bright yellow sun like an unblinking eye in a big blue sky that seems to go forever outside my window, is warming up again here :)

You know, the weather report would be better if it started like that. I don't mean the unblinking eye, I mean every day your descriptions are so poetic. Even bad weather sounds better when it's put so nicely.

Dana

This discussion has been closed.