[Released] Content Wizard [Commercial]

Comments

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702

I finally got CW patch to work: I had made the mistake and placed the patch in the wrong folder. Apparently there's two Riversoft Art folders on my PC and I do not know why but both locations paths ends with : .......My DAZ 3D Library\data\RiverSoft Art\Common. Sorry for all the headaches, guys. Thanks for all the help.

One last thing, though. I inadvertantly created a LOCAL USER that shows up in smart content while I was figuring CW out and I have no idea how to get rid of it.

Awesome!  And it works for you?

Do you mean the LOCAL USER product?  That has always been there.

Yeah, man. It works. Hivewire caribou and mdd Eira are in this local user that's in smart content. The delete option is greyed out and there's no physical local user folder on the c drive. How do I clear this folder and its contents from smart content?
  • ShaggeShagge Posts: 74

I'm trying to use the content wizard on some third party zip files but it keeps putting it in the wrong directories. 

01:17:12 GMT-0700 (Mountain Standard Time): Copying "zoro-d_Short-Snapbutton-Gloves_G8F/Content directory/Runtime/Textures/zoro_d/SSBG_Gloves/SSBG_normal_2.png" to "D:/Daz 3D/Daz Default Folder/Daz-Content Folder/zoro-d_Short-Snapbutton-Gloves_G8F/Content directory/Runtime/Textures/zoro_d/SSBG_Gloves/SSBG_normal_2.png

But everything is going to the wrong location. I think there's something I'm missing but I'm not sure what. I can try the custom path redirects but I'm not sure I need to. 

Items like Treasures of Egypt DS it appears to be breaking completely.  It also does this on other 3rd party files [See Image labeled capture 2]

Capture.PNG
    901 x 294 - 22K
    Capture2.PNG
    561 x 758 - 127K
  • Shagge said:

I'm trying to use the content wizard on some third party zip files but it keeps putting it in the wrong directories. 

01:17:12 GMT-0700 (Mountain Standard Time): Copying "zoro-d_Short-Snapbutton-Gloves_G8F/Content directory/Runtime/Textures/zoro_d/SSBG_Gloves/SSBG_normal_2.png" to "D:/Daz 3D/Daz Default Folder/Daz-Content Folder/zoro-d_Short-Snapbutton-Gloves_G8F/Content directory/Runtime/Textures/zoro_d/SSBG_Gloves/SSBG_normal_2.png

But everything is going to the wrong location. I think there's something I'm missing but I'm not sure what. I can try the custom path redirects but I'm not sure I need to. 

Items like Treasures of Egypt DS it appears to be breaking completely.  It also does this on other 3rd party files [See Image labeled capture 2]

Check the folder structure inside the third party zip files, you may need to unzip it, restructure and re-zip.

Re the breaking, do you get missing files errors when trying to load it?

• Is the dubicate entries fixed with the new patch too now or is that still in the works?
    Any solution so far to get rid of the local user ones manually?

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,807

It looks like there is a bug on the first run.  I think it is scanning the wrong directory (probably your entire Daz Dir but I don't know at this point).  After the first run and setting the working directory, I think it goes away.

I relaunched DAZ. So far it's been running for six and a half hours, and it's still giving occasional warnings (the warnings are apparently coming from '/src/sdksource/cloud/dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp' which I presume is somewhere inside the DAZ Studio SDK that you're programming against), so I guess it's still scanning.

Six and a half hours on a high-end MacBook Pro, scanning content on a fast SSD, with no end in sight: I think I officially have too much 3D content. :-)

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,807

Sigh. Some time around the seven hour mark, my whole computer locked up (and I mean really locked up; mouse pointer moved, but nothing else worked). I fear that Content Wizard may not be for me.

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,361
    Shagge said:

Check the folder structure inside the third party zip files, you may need to unzip it, restructure and re-zip.

Re the breaking, do you get missing files errors when trying to load it?

I am pretty sure it is because of the "/Content directory/".  The script looks to put everything under a "Content" directory or at the top level if there is no content directory.  This is neither.

Is the dubicate entries fixed with the new patch too now or is that still in the works?

Duplicate entries is not fixed.  As far as the extra products under local user, you will need to delete them according to the manual (I never did find a way to delete a product using the scripting language).

Sigh. Some time around the seven hour mark, my whole computer locked up (and I mean really locked up; mouse pointer moved, but nothing else worked). I fear that Content Wizard may not be for me.

We will work it out.  I will send you a special build in the morning.

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621
    edited March 2020

Is the dubicate entries fixed with the new patch too now or is that still in the works?

Duplicate entries is not fixed.  As far as the extra products under local user, you will need to delete them according to the manual (I never did find a way to delete a product using the scripting language).

This does not fix the issue, if you delete the file it is mapped to it deletes the product. So both the Local User and the regular icon in Smart Content are pointed to the same product file.  I do not see any option to delete just the Smart Content icon that shows Local User.

I posted images here showing what we are seeing in smart content.

Post edited by Daventaki on
    Daventaki said:

This does not fix the issue, if you delete the file it is mapped to it deletes the product. So both the Local User and the regular icon in Smart Content are pointed to the same product file.  I do not see any option to delete just the Smart Content icon that shows Local User.

I posted images here showing what we are seeing in smart content.

I believe you will need to delete both products and install smart content for it again.

• gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948
    edited March 2020

RiverSoftArt,

I downloaded the zip files from the intial post and placed them in the directory as instructed.

Again, I was still going for simple adding of tags.  This time I worked with Blink by 3D Universe; converted to duf.

Observations:

• When you click save and the user interface closes, tags aren't saved
    • If tags have been entered and I click Install Smart Content without saving
      • The first time it failed.  I had file explorer open in the background.  Viewing a completely unrelated directory, but still caused it to fail.
      • The second time, the message said it was successful.
        • Unfortunately, the tags are not assigned.  In fact, the dsa file is not created and placed in the Support folder
      • The third time, I tried export
        • The script indicated that it could not be exported because the corresponding dsa file is missing.

I am attaching a text file with the log messages from the Content Wizard and my DS log for the session.  Based on my attempts last weekend and this weekend, it seems if tags are entered but there is no addition or alteration of content on the Smart Content tab, then the script is not creating the necessary dsa file.  Should it?  Perhaps I misunderstood how it can be used.

txt
    txt
    LogInfoforContentWizardTrials.txt
    Post edited by gitika1 on
  • TraskTrask Posts: 4

After severals years I decided to come back to Daz Studio and saw this plugin which I thought would be great for managing all the stuff I have to re-install.

I'm a bit confused now, "installing" seems identical to selecting a bunch of zips and using to 7zip to "extract here".  

It's not scanning the folder structure of the zip files and putting data in data for example.   Whatever the first folder in the zip is simply get's dumped into root library directory.. So unless the zip files have perfect folder structure, there's nothing "smart" about the installer.  It doesn't cut down on manual work at all.  In some cases all I had left were unzipped folders and had to zip them all in order to play nice with this script.  Thankfully I found a batch file for 7zip to do that so it wasn't very tedious. 

What am I missing?

gitika1 said:

RiverSoftArt,

I downloaded the zip files from the intial post and placed them in the directory as instructed.

Again, I was still going for simple adding of tags.  This time I worked with Blink by 3D Universe; converted to duf.

Observations:

• When you click save and the user interface closes, tags aren't saved
    • If tags have been entered and I click Install Smart Content without saving
      • The first time it failed.  I had file explorer open in the background.  Viewing a completely unrelated directory, but still caused it to fail.
      • The second time, the message said it was successful.
        • Unfortunately, the tags are not assigned.  In fact, the dsa file is not created and placed in the Support folder
      • The third time, I tried export
        • The script indicated that it could not be exported because the corresponding dsa file is missing.

I am attaching a text file with the log messages from the Content Wizard and my DS log for the session.  Based on my attempts last weekend and this weekend, it seems if tags are entered but there is no addition or alteration of content on the Smart Content tab, then the script is not creating the necessary dsa file.  Should it?  Perhaps I misunderstood how it can be used.

I will work on tags now.  I had been concentrating on other bugs first.

Trask said:

After severals years I decided to come back to Daz Studio and saw this plugin which I thought would be great for managing all the stuff I have to re-install.

I'm a bit confused now, "installing" seems identical to selecting a bunch of zips and using to 7zip to "extract here".  

It's not scanning the folder structure of the zip files and putting data in data for example.   Whatever the first folder in the zip is simply get's dumped into root library directory.. So unless the zip files have perfect folder structure, there's nothing "smart" about the installer.  It doesn't cut down on manual work at all.  In some cases all I had left were unzipped folders and had to zip them all in order to play nice with this script.  Thankfully I found a batch file for 7zip to do that so it wasn't very tedious. 

What am I missing?

If you only have one My Daz 3D directory you want to install to, and don't care about adding smart content metadata to the products, CW will not be of use to you.  However, if you do install things in multiple locations (e.g., multiple drives) OR you would like to have smart content for products from other sites which don't have it, CW is invaluable.

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379

Hm. When I try to run the script, Daz hangs for about 2 minutes before starting the Content Wizard. After that, it starts up within the same instance perfectly fast. But if I restart Daz, I hang again.

Anybody else have this?

• Hm. When I try to run the script, Daz hangs for about 2 minutes before starting the Content Wizard. After that, it starts up within the same instance perfectly fast. But if I restart Daz, I hang again.

Anybody else have this?

I haven't seen this myself.

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379
    edited March 2020

Hm. Also, when trying to install smart content, the product keeps "returning" totally unrelated content and giving this as an error as to why it can't create smart content. 

Very odd. So far I've only been able to install one product. This is the error, with the names redacted since it's from an adult site:

03:58:22 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time): Daz Studio returned "xxxx" product when "yyyy" product was requested to be created

The names aren't the same, and they aren't the same product...

EDIT: Okay, it worked, but I had to put in a product number for some reason. Is that required?

Post edited by Leonides02 on
  • PlatnumkPlatnumk Posts: 663

Hm. Also, when trying to install smart content, the product keeps "returning" totally unrelated content and giving this as an error as to why it can't create smart content. 

Very odd. So far I've only been able to install one product. This is the error, with the names redacted since it's from an adult site:

03:58:22 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time): Daz Studio returned "xxxx" product when "yyyy" product was requested to be created

EDIT: Okay, it worked, but I had to put in a product number for some reason. Is that required?

If you don't have a product number then just enter N/A and it will work fine

Screen Shot 2020-03-08 at 11.28.32.png
    1074 x 580 - 291K

Hm. When I try to run the script, Daz hangs for about 2 minutes before starting the Content Wizard. After that, it starts up within the same instance perfectly fast. But if I restart Daz, I hang again.

Anybody else have this?

What does the log say?  Where is your work directory located?  The script compares the contents of the work directory against the product you are currently working on to see if they are the same and it can keep working from the same point you left off.  The second and later runs would have cached this I believe so it is faster.

To get rid of the "Local user" in smart content, I removed ALL of the products and "Local user"  in smart content was gone once I restarted Daz. However, when I reinstalled the same product it shows up in "Local user" in smart content again. How is this happening when I chose "Renderosity" for the store name?

Platnumk said:

If you don't have a product number then just enter N/A and it will work fine

You do need to put in a product number and it should be unique.  DS is very particular about the product ID.

To get rid of the "Local user" in smart content, I removed ALL of the products and "Local user"  in smart content was gone once I restarted Daz. However, when I reinstalled the same product it shows up in "Local user" in smart content again. How is this happening when I chose "Renderosity" for the store name?

I would need to see the log.  

Here you go, Sir.

txt
    txt
    Log File.txt

Here you go, Sir.

This is the log to the analysis.  I need the log for when smart content is being installed (and probably the .dsx file).

Sorry about that. Here it is.

txt
    txt
    Log File.txt
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945

First off I shall admit to being lazy ... what is the best, and cleanest, way to modify the generated metadata for a 3rd party product that CW created?  I created smart data for a product called '3rd Eye' from 'rosity and forgot to double-check the created values and noticed it was 'lurking' amidst the Environments instead of ... somewhere more suitable (accessories, maybe?).  Do I just do the create smart data gaian and make sure the settings are now correct, or do I need to do something to remove the current, wrong, settings, either first or afterward?

Sorry about that. Here it is.

Hmmm, the

08:35:28 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time): Importing Product into Daz Studio.../Runtime/Support/Renderosity_139266_MDD_Eira_for_G8F.dsx

states it is using the right store and not local user.  And you said you deleted the local user product.  My only thought is this is a case where you need to refresh the DB.

SimonJM said:

First off I shall admit to being lazy ... what is the best, and cleanest, way to modify the generated metadata for a 3rd party product that CW created?  I created smart data for a product called '3rd Eye' from 'rosity and forgot to double-check the created values and noticed it was 'lurking' amidst the Environments instead of ... somewhere more suitable (accessories, maybe?).  Do I just do the create smart data gaian and make sure the settings are now correct, or do I need to do something to remove the current, wrong, settings, either first or afterward?

Usually, as long as name, store, id haven't changed, you can just edit the values and install smart content.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    SimonJM said:

Usually, as long as name, store, id haven't changed, you can just edit the values and install smart content.

Ok, will try that and let you know how it goes ....

Oh, and there is one more thing, not sure if it is covered in the manual or not, but when modifying categories (yes, I have remembered to check on some stuff!) if you have 'a chain', suich as Props> Animals, if you check both Props AND Animals you get 'duplicate' category path: of something like: Default\Props\Animals\Props\Animals so you have to only check the sub-category.