Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 12

Comments

• genarisgenaris Posts: 313

Does anyone know what the CORRECT url--or the correct coding "formula"-  is for the "View all these artists together" link in the Mad Artists  (daily PA catalog sales) section on the sale page?    This link seldom works and has not worked correctly for me for at least the last 3 or 4 days, and generally is always hit or miss. Clicking it opens the page where, on the lucky days, it shows ALL PA PRODUCTS THAT are made by ALL PAs in that day's artists group, but most days, it shows NO PRODUCTS and the little numbers say 0 of ### products.   Fr'instance today, the link https://www.daz3d.com/vyktohria#filter_vendor=vyktohria^e-arkham^perspectx^philw^pixeluna^shadownet^aliveshecried^mely3d^mousso^barbara-brundon^sarsa^tesla3dcorp^sprite^3dstyle^i3d_lotus^valery3d^riversoft-art^digital-art-live^griffin-avid^zeddicuss^rarestone^roguey^ironman^strangefate^panda^fugazi1968^adiene^sickleyield^moonscape-graphics^sade^vex^belladona^Gravity%20Studios^AcharyaPolina^Nikisatez^daveyabbo^Islandgirl^Charlie^outoftouch^Raiya^Leviathan^Muze^JeffersonAF^Elianeck&filter_new=0&filter_platClub=1&filtered=1  shows the page, but NO PRODUCTS, and the numbers at top left say: 0 of 91 products-- which is i suspect only the number for Vyktoria's product, not all the PA products that should be counted . Clicking the hide owned products and other checkboxes makes no diff, nor does reloading the page, on days this happens.   YES, i know you can just select the PAs manually in the filter box to get your products all together, or simply shop by going from 1 PA's products to the next 1 at a time to browse/shop, both of which are  t e d i o u s beyond belief, espec on days where they throw dozens of PAs on the fire.    Why is it they simply can not manage to make the link work reliably & correctly?!  I end up just taking the day off from shopping when the "veiw all these artists together" link won't work, because it is just too time-consuming to browse and shop 1 pa at a time or to spot check prices in my 4800-ish product wishlist. ;)
       ~Gen

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Yeah, using that link I'm getting the same thing you are.  @ati that link isn't working. 

L'adair posted the right one over in the sales thread. 

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

If I remember correctly Ati posted in the plugin thread that Daz has changed the way the store works again? They went back to the older format or something and broke the link generated with the Dealz plugin.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    Novica said:

L'adair posted the right one over in the sales thread. 

It's easy to change. Open the page using the Daz Deals link. The link will start with the name of the first artist in the list. Today, that artist is vyktoria, so the urls starts out with [the Daz domain]/vyktohria#… change vyktoria to shop. There is another snafu in the link, caused by a snafu in Daz's links. The url filters to include PC+ instead of excluding them. That snippet of the url is filter_platClub=1. Change that to filter_platClub=0 and then copy the entire URL. You can click on enter now, but sometimes it's easiest to open a new window/tab and paste your modified url there, then hit enter.

• genarisgenaris Posts: 313
    edited March 2020

OHH... I didn't realize that link was ATI-generated! I thought it was standard Daz3d.com part of the sales pages!  
        ~Gen

ETA:  THANK YOU GUYS, for the quick answers and posting the link!  :)

Post edited by genaris on
    edited March 2020

Akila Character with Hair Textures G8F)        dForce Adrian Gown (G8F)     Lori Hair (G3F / G8F) 

WILL ADD MORE BUT Want to post this one as that scrumptious Adrian Gown is 64% off right now. The folds are so lovely and the style is exquisite. Spectacular formal wear. I could see this for bridesmaids' outfits too.

Talk about a winning combination- Lori Hair is so poseable- each part of the braid can be moved, making it ultra easy to wear with any outfit. AND- to change the colors, the vendor has made CLICKABLE lighten/ darken options!  Pick your brown, then just click click click to get to the light or dark tone you want. You can do the roots separately, have tips, two colors, etc. Check it out! 

The first one is Pro Studio HDRI using Light 8R. Try this- Dome Orientations:   X 260, Y 270, Z 190, then I turned off limits for the Dome Orientation and went with -2.

So question, what does minus dome rotation do? Does that mean a -2 just takes away two degrees from 360, making the dome 358?  Man, the things I experiment with. EDIT: Yes, they are the same thing. I just tested -10 and 350 (360 minus 10)  and the results are identical. Makes sense but I just wanted to be sure.

I don't care for the extreme arm bend but showcasing the outfit and need to get this posted.

Second one: The Dome Orientation for X, Y, Z  changed to 120, 200, 200 and the Dome Rotation to -8. I turned her slightly to face the light. 

And this one is with 12R. This character has really pretty eye irises. And KUDOS to the vendor- the lip colors are exactly what the thumbnails show, and are brightly lit closeups. Other vendors should take note! 

Akila AdrianFishtaleGown Lori Hair2.png
    500 x 1000 - 436K
    Akila AdrianFishtaleGown Lori Hair 2.png
    500 x 1000 - 428K
    Akila AdrianFishtaleGown Lori Hair 4.png
    600 x 1000 - 669K
    Post edited by Novica on

Mystique G8F           Alison G8F by Raiya            Advanced Seated Poses G8F         Classic Long Curly Hair G8F  

When I seen this outfit I thought that is really well done!  And I was not disappointed, I like that it has full coverage and still looks sexy.  It has morphs included to shape areas to fit a corseted body. All the pieces are seperate so you can kitbash all you want. I only had to do a few tweaks on the shoulder and one of the garters had a slight bump in it.  I thought I would have to adjust the hat but all I did was run an simulation with the timeline starting the hat just above the hair and coming down durning the sim.  I used to do more risque scenes back when I used Poser and this is probably one of my first since then!

The poses are wonderful!  In the original pose the creator used a different stool but I made some minor adjustments and that was all! The pose looked great, of course then I had to tweak this and that and adjust things to my OCD liking, LOL. (They work well with G8M too!)

The hair is one of my favorites!  I have always pretty well been able to get it to drape pretty close to how I want it.

The girl Alison by Raiya is beautiful but I had a really hard time getting a decent smile from her.  She comes with 3 eyelash options, 2 normal options, 6 eye colors (some unique ones too), 7 lip options with glossy on and off, No brow option, 6 makeup options and 3 eyeliner options.  She has no nail color options so I had to get those from another character.

edited March 2020

I added one more Akila, be sure to go back up and take a peek. I also tested the -10 and 350 dome rotation, and yes, they are the same.

@daventaki  Wonderful lighting, posing,and I think that smile suits her just fine!  I agree, I do like that hair.

Post edited by Novica on
  • Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

I love the Adrian gown, it looks stunning and for me has never been a problem dforcing :)

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,735

Did anyone get the Demonic Evlin thing? I think it looks hideous as is but wondering what it looks like just slightly dialed in or just the skin on Evlin (or another character) without the demonic morph. I think the original Evlin is gorgeous but haven't rendered her yet, 

• alex86firealex86fire Posts: 1,130

Did anyone get the Demonic Evlin thing? I think it looks hideous as is but wondering what it looks like just slightly dialed in or just the skin on Evlin (or another character) without the demonic morph. I think the original Evlin is gorgeous but haven't rendered her yet, 

I can't download Evlin yet so couldn't render her, but I applied it on Dior instead.

You have Just Dior, Evlin demon 25, Evlin demon 50, Evlin demon 75 and Evlin demon 100. You also have a sepparate slider for the demon ears, so you can make them human again. Last pic in the shape series is demon 50% with ears 15%.

Afterwards we have different skins. 15% demonic shape and right eye blind.

Unfortunately when trying to apply materials it gives a lot of errors for missing textures as it tries to use some for Evlin so not sure how good I can refresent them without bump maps or sss maps but last is demonic maps applied with 50% demonic evlin and 75% ears.

Overall I am satisfied with what I got, especially at this discount.

Just Dior.png
    1920 x 1080 - 964K
    demon 25.png
    1920 x 1080 - 968K
    demon 50.png
    1920 x 1080 - 970K
    demon 75.png
    1920 x 1080 - 976K
    demon 100.png
    1920 x 1080 - 986K
    demon 50 ears 15.png
    1920 x 1080 - 966K
    right eye blind.png
    1920 x 1080 - 964K
    skin applied.png
    1920 x 1080 - 950K
  • WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,735

I can't download Evlin yet so couldn't render her, but I applied it on Dior instead.

You have Just Dior, Evlin demon 25, Evlin demon 50, Evlin demon 75 and Evlin demon 100. You also have a sepparate slider for the demon ears, so you can make them human again. Last pic in the shape series is demon 50% with ears 15%.

Unfortunately when trying to apply materials it gives a lot of errors for missing textures as it tries to use some for Evlin so not sure how good I can refresent them without bump maps or sss maps but last is demonic maps applied with 50% demonic evlin and 75% ears.

Thanks! Just realized Elvin isn't installed for me either. I thought everything downloaded but then saw in the forums there's a problem with it. I got Dior too (for free because I realized at the last moment I hadn't used my PC+ coupon! ) So it's interesting to see what the morph does on other characters. I don't like the demon as a whole, but can see using partial morphs for creating an alien probably with a different skin and using just the skin to make a beautiful "demon." But do I really need this? No. Still on the fence for a couple of bucks lol.

Thanks! Just realized Elvin isn't installed for me either. I thought everything downloaded but then saw in the forums there's a problem with it. I got Dior too (for free because I realized at the last moment I hadn't used my PC+ coupon! ) So it's interesting to see what the morph does on other characters. I don't like the demon as a whole, but can see using partial morphs for creating an alien probably with a different skin and using just the skin to make a beautiful "demon." But do I really need this? No. Still on the fence for a couple of bucks lol.

Yea, I would never use this as a demon, isn't realistic enough.

But as an alien could look good, kind of like a klingon of sorts.

Also the blind eye and demon eyes are interesting.

Couldn't say if it's worth the 2 bucks or not. For me it was ok although I'm starting to spend a little too much on this MM. Especially since this weekend I only bought the bonus items butt I've used the 50,40,30% coupons to their fullest to get some of the items I had in my wishlist as must buys.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

Yea, I would never use this as a demon, isn't realistic enough.

But as an alien could look good, kind of like a klingon of sorts.

Also the blind eye and demon eyes are interesting.

Couldn't say if it's worth the 2 bucks or not. For me it was ok although I'm starting to spend a little too much on this MM. Especially since this weekend I only bought the bonus items butt I've used the 50,40,30% coupons to their fullest to get some of the items I had in my wishlist as must buys.

LOL @alex86fire! One way or another, Daz will get all your monies! (Take it from one who knows first hand…)

edited March 2020

Okay, need some eyes on this one. I'm having multiple issues and it could just be the sequencing, but that still shouldn't happen. If you have Adria (Gen8)   see if this is what happens with you, and if this is true-

LOAD HER from the Content Library, using the avatar under Characters.
    She should be green. 
    Apply the all human materials. See if ALL the makeups in the Makeup section put her face to green. (All the Makeup 02 options.

The ONLY human makeup I found was under 01 Skin Mats, next to the one that said "Adria Human All Maps."  Its the "Adria Skin Option" and has green under her eyes.  That's the only human one? Edit- those are scales, not makeup.

Then comes more problems for me. I can't see any way to lose those elf ears, or whatever they are. I even opened the Shaping pane, looked under Actor, Head, Ears, etc.  I opened Scene and checked each ear. I selected in Scene and checked Parameters.  One of the promos shows her with a human ear, but it looks really crumpled where the ear curves at the top. (Go look.) 

Besides the ear, no matter what order I do it, trying to add the human head gets me an alien with sallow cheeks, etc.  I've tried removing the human head, applying/removing Adria head, you name it. Edit- I think it's doubling the regular head. The "Adria" head is just the one with scales under her eyes. 

So need to confirm the lack of makeup for normal skin except for one, how to get the human ears, and what is the human head supposed to look like?  I'll post my renders of her in a few minutes. But need some eyes on this one.  

Post edited by Novica on
    edited March 2020

Adria (Gen8F)     Liling Hair (Gen3F / Gen8F)     dForce Akemi Outfit (Gen8F)  and Textures

See my post above about the possible issues. These were experimenting with different lighting, the second and third were with the green skin. But the first one seems to be tinted a bit green too, not sure if it was the lighting.

Outfit dForced fine when standing up, when I did a lunging pose it exploded when the default settings were used.

Adria LilingHr Akemi 2.png
    625 x 1000 - 812K
    Adria LilingHr Akemi 3 Lt 12.png
    625 x 1000 - 829K
    Adria LilingHr Akemi.png
    625 x 1000 - 494K
    Adria LilingHr Akemi Alien.png
    625 x 1000 - 822K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,126
    Novica said:

Okay, need some eyes on this one. I'm having multiple issues and it could just be the sequencing, but that still shouldn't happen. If you have Adria (Gen8)   see if this is what happens with you, and if this is true-

She should be green. 
    Apply the all human materials. See if ALL the makeups in the Makeup section put her face to green. (All the Makeup 02 options.

The ONLY human makeup I found was under 01 Skin Mats, next to the one that said "Adria Human All Maps."  Its the "Adria Skin Option" and has green under her eyes.  That's the only human one? Edit- those are scales, not makeup.

Then comes more problems for me. I can't see any way to lose those elf ears, or whatever they are. I even opened the Shaping pane, looked under Actor, Head, Ears, etc.  I opened Scene and checked each ear. I selected in Scene and checked Parameters.  One of the promos shows her with a human ear, but it looks really crumpled where the ear curves at the top. (Go look.) 

Besides the ear, no matter what order I do it, trying to add the human head gets me an alien with sallow cheeks, etc.  I've tried removing the human head, applying/removing Adria head, you name it. Edit- I think it's doubling the regular head. The "Adria" head is just the one with scales under her eyes. 

So need to confirm the lack of makeup for normal skin except for one, how to get the human ears, and what is the human head supposed to look like?  I'll post my renders of her in a few minutes. But need some eyes on this one.  

To get the human Adria, you have to go to the Parameters pane and dial out Adria Head and Adria Body. The shaping dials to remove Adria won't work if you load her from the Characters as a figure. The remove shaping only works if you shaped her with the Apply shaping in the first place. This is the case with many characters. (I think it is a bad thing and I've bug reported it before. It does no good. Daz seems to be OK with the remove shaping presets doing nothing.)

edited March 2020

Adria (Gen8F)     Liling Hair (Gen3F / Gen8F)     dForce Akemi Outfit (Gen8F)  and Textures

I copied both our posts, and will put it in the references on the first page of this thread. I'll put it under tips> Ears>How To Remove Fantasy Ears and put Barbult as the source. THANKS BARB!

barbult said:
    Novica said:

She should be green. 

SOLUTION  To get the human Adria, you have to go to the Parameters pane and dial out Adria Head and Adria Body. The shaping dials to remove Adria won't work if you load her from the Characters as a figure. The remove shaping only works if you shaped her with the Apply shaping in the first place. This is the case with many characters. (I think it is a bad thing and I've bug reported it before. It does no good. Daz seems to be OK with the remove shaping presets doing nothing.)

Post edited by Novica on
    edited March 2020

You can apply any of the Adria makeup options to the human and then apply Adria Human base MU, and it will remove the green face skin tint. I figured this out by trial and error. Some areas of her skin still look kind of scaly, though, like her forehead and under her eyes with some makeup. These images just use the default HDRI for lighting. I didn't make any effort to do a "good" render.

Adria Human Maps no makeup.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 554K
    Adria Human.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 549K
    Adria Human 2.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 555K
    Adria Human 3.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 560K
    Adria Human Maps Brows Lashes Rose Hair.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 603K
    Post edited by barbult on
    barbult said:

You can apply any of the Adria makeup options to the human and then apply Adria Human base MU, and it will remove the green face skin tint. I figured this out by trial and error. Some areas of her skin still look kind of scaly, though, like her forehead and under her eyes with some makeup. These images just use the default HDRI for lighting. I didn't make any effort to do a "good" render.

Hmmm, thought I tried that and it removed the makeup. But by that time, I was so annoyed about the ears, who knows WHAT I was doing!  I'll add this to the tips too, simply under Adria. Thanks so much for helping, as usual! (We sure get answers fast on this thread, I'm always impressed with everyone's know-how!) 

Use the Adria Human base MU in the makeup category after applying the makeup, not the full human skin preset. There is a similar file in the Lips category to apply after the lips colors.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043
    edited March 2020

I was experimenting with Adria a few days ago but I wasn't looking for anything obvious. Not straight from the box though there are a few morphs and tweaks too. This was the only render I did.

2020-02-17 09:20:06.433 Total Rendering Time: 2 hours 5 minutes 19.40 seconds

Click on image for full size.

adria-copyright-002.jpg
    1200 x 1500 - 859K
    Post edited by Fishtales on
    edited March 2020

Thanks @barbult  @fishtales

NEWS: Florida now has two cases of the Coronavirus, for those of you in Florida. The first was a traveler to Italy so no suprise- but the second had NO TRAVEL and totally unrelated to the first. One is in Hillsborough County, the second is Manatee County.  Two dozen new cases over the weekend for the U.S.  This weekend we bought extra dog food (50 pound bag), horse pellets for Stetson's supplements, filled prescriptions, and stocked up with groceries that will last a month to two months. Not panic buying, but making sure I don't HAVE to run errands if things get rockin' and rollin' with the virus here. CNN is doing a good job of "Live Updates" and I just groaned when I saw "Florida gets first new cases..."  and in TWO different counties, dang it. Here we go! 

Post edited by Novica on
    edited March 2020

If anyone is interested I did a review in my Art Thread for Xandra by Color Galeria also Mila and Gili Hair by Biscuit all from Rendo! (Hope this is ok to post like this @novica?)

Post edited by Daventaki on

Dream Home

I hadn't tried any renders with this so I loaded Foyer and Living Room, and Yard, ran the Uber shader on all the surfaces, as it is 3DLight and then tweaked them.

The Main Room

2020-03-01 14:40:13.747 Total Rendering Time: 12 minutes 11.23 seconds

It took on a life of its own after that :)

Cat in the Sun

2020-03-01 17:29:39.582 Total Rendering Time: 17 minutes 3.60 seconds

Nice renders @Fishtales but I feel like that is not realistic lighting. Unfortunately Iray cannot properly compute light spilling from a surface but a light coming in from outside that strong would make the room brighter than it currently is.

Nice renders @Fishtales but I feel like that is not realistic lighting. Unfortunately Iray cannot properly compute light spilling from a surface but a light coming in from outside that strong would make the room brighter than it currently is.

You are thinking about how your eyes would see it, that is how a camera would. There is nothing behind the camera to stop the light from the Environment Dome, which is set to Sun and Sky, getting in so, yes, it is totally unnatural :)

Daventaki said:

If anyone is interested I did a review in my Art Thread for Xandra by Color Galeria also Mila and Gili Hair by Biscuit all from Rendo! (Hope this is ok to post like this @novica?)

Quite alright :)  yes

Fishtales said:

You are thinking about how your eyes would see it, that is how a camera would. There is nothing behind the camera to stop the light from the Environment Dome, which is set to Sun and Sky, getting in so, yes, it is totally unnatural :)

Unnatural or not, love the kitty and overall feeling! And hey, congrats on the new computer. Those specs look wonderful. No more days on end rendering for you Sandy! 

This discussion has been closed.