[Released] Content Wizard [Commercial]

Comments

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,344
    Ig said:

Thanks for ths product RiverSoftArt - it's awesome!

The only products I've had any issue with so far are Barn One and 51 Panel Van by the same artist. All the other products I've installed so far have worked perfectly.

After installing your patch, Barn One now works, but I still get the installation error on 51 Panel Van. I've attached the log, config and generated xml files for when you get time to check.

Thanks.

[Edit] I found an error in xml on line 504 (& in file name). I fixed it manually and was able to load the metadata now.

Ah, I see.  That is what caught me with Barn One.  I obviously missed a place in the code for Panel Van.  Thanks.

• Didn't have a problem with that before. You have to fill out everything, so product name, vendor, product id and so on. Otherwise it won't work.

Hi RiverSoftArt, I purchased this the other day and spent some time with it yesterday and have a couple of suggestions that may be of interest?

The products I played with were a few SASE purchases I made during renderosity's big sale during the holidays last year. I installed them each independently using "+" then clean. The following sort of diminished my experience to some degree:

1) I wasn't manually inputting the ID, so after product 1, the next kept failing for smart content because it kept seeing a different product name associated with that id (the name associated with the first product). It wasn't clear to me why it was saying that until after a bit of trial and error. Maybe you could rewrite that error message to offer a hint that the ID is really important for smart content?

That is on my list to fix.  To require the ID.

2) All 3 or 4? of my products that were installed by content wizard have your CW icon, and yet you show the various associated icons for the various files inside the zip. Would it be possible for you to choose the first product's icon and allow users to choose an alternate from with the zip(s) rather than using the otherwise meaningless icon? I have been maintaining two runtimes, 1 for "smart content" purchased fom DAZ, and another for stuff I get elsewhere that is manually rearranged to reflect the proper "categories" like I did for so many years before finally giving in to using Smart Content. Ideally, I'll move everything over to smart content using your program, but having those portraits for the initial listing is pretty important if I were to really use it and having to set it manually would be less than ideal.

You can change the product icon with the button.

3) Is it possible to add new categories for things? I didn't see anything like that in my exploration. I was hoping I could make my "smart content" much smarter, since many times I still have to do file system searches to find specific props that are part of a larger package and the item itself isn't listed. 

Right now, no.    It does read the categories that are defined in Daz Studio so you could add it there.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    Ig said:

Thanks for ths product RiverSoftArt - it's awesome!

The only products I've had any issue with so far are Barn One and 51 Panel Van by the same artist. All the other products I've installed so far have worked perfectly.

After installing your patch, Barn One now works, but I still get the installation error on 51 Panel Van. I've attached the log, config and generated xml files for when you get time to check.

Thanks.

[Edit] I found an error in xml on line 504 (& in file name). I fixed it manually and was able to load the metadata now.

Ah, I see.  That is what caught me with Barn One.  I obviously missed a place in the code for Panel Van.  Thanks.

Ahhh, I had an issue with 51 Panel Van too ... was about to report it! :)

Still trying to figure out why some outfits are shown twice in smart content. 
    I've deleted the folder of the product and did the content wizard again, with same result.

One time it shows up as Product Local User and one time the one created by Content Wizard it seems.
    How do I get rid of the Local User one crying

Did you delete the product in Daz Studio, per the manual?

edited March 2020

YES!  I have fixed one of the major issues people will have been having.  Please go to the first post of the thread and download the zip.  Replace the 2 files in Data/RiverSoft Art/Common with the files in the zip file.

Do I just add the two files from the zip to the folder? 

Documents --> Daz3D--> Studio-->My Library-->Data-->RiverSoft-->Common... is where I placed the files but still get the install error.

14:16:28 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): Installing Product to Daz Studio...

14:16:28 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): Verifying existence of Renderosity store: true

14:16:28 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): Verifying "MDD Fable G8 Female" product does not exist already

14:16:28 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): Creating "MDD Fable G8 Female" product in Daz Studio...

14:16:28 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): Building product metadata...

14:16:28 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): Creating Product Icon from C:/Users/creat/Desktop/RENDEROSITY/257295_MDD Fable_G8F/Fable.jpg...

14:16:28 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): Creating support file...

14:16:28 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): Importing Product into Daz Studio...

14:16:28 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): Error importing product into Smart Content database

14:16:28 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): There were errors during installation.

@Ig pointed out a problem that might be affecting you.  If there is an ampersand(&) in a preset filename, CW creates an incorrect dsx (XML) file that DS does not like.  I hope to fix that tomorrow.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
    Daventaki said:

Replaced the required files from the zip.

I still get the Smart Content install error on Rendo products.  I was able to get Bodysuit 3 from MostDigitalDesigns to intall successfully.  I did get the same results that Illidanstorm where there are two icons for the product.  One says local_user for the product name the other is correct and says Bodysuit.

@Ig pointed out a problem that might be affecting you.  If there is an ampersand(&) in a preset filename, CW creates an incorrect dsx (XML) file that DS does not like.  This might be affecting you.  I hope to fix that tomorrow.

There seems to be a major bug where when you try to install a character and install the smart content, filtering will no longer work for that base figure.

I've just tried to install Kandy for Genesis 8 Female by TwiztedMetal from renderosity and now my g8f is broken

when I click on filter by context it will show nothing for g8f. Help :o

Edit: ok uninstalling the g8f starter pack and reinstalling it fixes it, but this is a bug that should be addressed I think.

Agreed.  I will look into it.

• PlatnumkPlatnumk Posts: 663

There seems to be a major bug where when you try to install a character and install the smart content, filtering will no longer work for that base figure.

I've just tried to install Kandy for Genesis 8 Female by TwiztedMetal from renderosity and now my g8f is broken

Edit: ok uninstalling the g8f starter pack and reinstalling it fixes it, but this is a bug that should be addressed I think.

Thats exactly the same problem I've been having,  as a work-a-round do the folowing

1. Make sure nothing is selected in the scene tab

2. Turn OFF Filter By Context by removing the check mark

3. Click on Login thats above the Smart Content Pane & sign into your daz account

4. Wait for a minute or so while DAZ installs/checks some metadata

5. Turn Filter By Context back ON

6. Once again wait for a minute or 2 while before clicking on your character

It should now be working correctly

gitika1 said:

I have not been successful with the Content Wizard. sad  To narrow down possible problems based on user error, I chose to work on my back-up pc.  It has the latest DS installed and my purchased product converters and scripts.  No other products.

I looked at the oldest of my content - the Morphing Skull - and decided to try adding metadata for it.  All it needs are some tags.  I thought it would be pretty simple.  (It is not in poser format.  In the past, I have followed Jen's guide to convert poser content to DS.)

I followed Riversoft's steps below, minus step 6 - since I installed the Morphing Skull via DIM.

I usually do things in this order:

1. Add zip files
    2. Set the Product Name, Vendor Name, Store (using the drop down), and ID
    3. Analyze...
    4. Verify and edit analysis
    5. Save Configuration File
    6. Install Content
    7. Install Smart Content
    8. Save Configuration File AGAIN (the smart content install changes some things based on talking with the DB)
    9. Save and close CW
    10. Verify the product is working in DS... if it is:
    11. Restart Content Wizard
    12. Clear the product and do the next product

​The first save of the Configuration File has the information for the tags.  When saving the configuration file again in step 8, the tags are gone.  Proceeding with step 9 and 10 ... no metadata appears to have been created, no tags are attached, the corresponding files are not found in the support folder.  Restarting DS did not change the outcome.  After each apparent failed attempt, I have uninstalled the product via DIM and deleted the product zip file, and started fresh. 

I have attached some screenshots and the step 5 text file.    I am embarassed to say that I have spent hours trying to figure it out what I am doing wrong.

You are probably NOT doing it wrong.  CW is having some teething problems (Ironic since I just cracked a tooth or filling and need to go to dentist tomorrow sad). 

You add tags and they go missing?  I will look into it.  Are you using the patch?  Could you post the Daz Log?

LaPartita said:

Despite the setback, Content Wizard is awesome and I am sure this matter will be resolved. I had a lot of renderosity products that I never used because there wasn't an encouraging way to install them untill content wizard. Thank you for this product and we're all supproting you.

Thank you.  I needed that.  CW was my most tested product by outside testers because I knew it was going to be tough.  Obviously, that was not enough. sad

Agreed!

I know this must be overwhelming, but remember we're finding every little thing that could be wrong (including problems that are simply user errors). And Smart Content/Metadata issues have been a problem with Daz for years. This product is AMAZING, current glitches and all. And no matter how many updates you do, I'm sure there will always be a few things CW can't handle! I accepted that as a given before I even bought the product. Nothing's perfect.

There is a very short list of vendors that I trust enough to even consider buying something this complicated from, especially when that product is brand new and I know there will inevitably be glitches that need to be ironed out. I felt comfortable buying CW on the day of its release because I trust you and your products. The quality is always top-notch, and you're responsive to users and responsible about trying to fix any issues we find. In a way, this thread's really a whole lot of votes of confidence in you! Users are reporting errors to you (and not submitting tickets) because we know you'll do your best to help us - just like you have with every single other product you've released.

THANK YOU so much for creating this product, and for all your hard work and other amazing products you've created over the years!!!

You're welcome!  Thank you very much for the vote of confidence. smiley I pride myself on creating quality products.  Unfortunately, sometimes I swing and miss.  frown  CW is the most complicated DS script that I have ever written.  I almost gave up a number of times because DS seems like it really does not want you to create products.  The hoops you have to go through. surprise

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,845
    edited March 2020

So much for living the good life sad Good luck!

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on
    LaPartita said:

Despite the setback, Content Wizard is awesome and I am sure this matter will be resolved. I had a lot of renderosity products that I never used because there wasn't an encouraging way to install them untill content wizard. Thank you for this product and we're all supproting you.

Thank you.  I needed that.  CW was my most tested product by outside testers because I knew it was going to be tough.  Obviously, that was not enough. sad

Agreed!

I know this must be overwhelming, but remember we're finding every little thing that could be wrong (including problems that are simply user errors). And Smart Content/Metadata issues have been a problem with Daz for years. This product is AMAZING, current glitches and all. And no matter how many updates you do, I'm sure there will always be a few things CW can't handle! I accepted that as a given before I even bought the product. Nothing's perfect.

There is a very short list of vendors that I trust enough to even consider buying something this complicated from, especially when that product is brand new and I know there will inevitably be glitches that need to be ironed out. I felt comfortable buying CW on the day of its release because I trust you and your products. The quality is always top-notch, and you're responsive to users and responsible about trying to fix any issues we find. In a way, this thread's really a whole lot of votes of confidence in you! Users are reporting errors to you (and not submitting tickets) because we know you'll do your best to help us - just like you have with every single other product you've released.

THANK YOU so much for creating this product, and for all your hard work and other amazing products you've created over the years!!!

I could not have said it any better.

Thank you very much.  I appreciate the support.

Platnumk said:

Thats exactly the same problem I've been having,  as a work-a-round do the folowing

1. Make sure nothing is selected in the scene tab

2. Turn OFF Filter By Context by removing the check mark

3. Click on Login thats above the Smart Content Pane & sign into your daz account

4. Wait for a minute or so while DAZ installs/checks some metadata

5. Turn Filter By Context back ON

6. Once again wait for a minute or 2 while before clicking on your character

It should now be working correctly

Ooooh.  Thank you for sharing!

So much for living the good life sad Good luck!

Thanks. smiley

• Still trying to figure out why some outfits are shown twice in smart content. 
    I've deleted the folder of the product and did the content wizard again, with same result.

One time it shows up as Product Local User and one time the one created by Content Wizard it seems.

How does one delete a product from renderosity?
    I just deleted the folder where it was in. So that was G8F/Clothing/Lilflame/tempesdress 

edited March 2020

Ok, round 2.  I believe I got all the ampersand (&) problems.  51 Panel Van now works too.  Please download the unofficial patch from the head of the forum thread, which was added as of 6:45 p.m. EST.

BTW, I apologize in advance for being slow to respond tomorrow.  I have periodontist/dental issues (2 appointments for different things!  Yea!  surprise).  I might not be posting much until Tuesday.

Still trying to figure out why some outfits are shown twice in smart content. 

How does one delete a product from renderosity?
    I just deleted the folder where it was in. So that was G8F/Clothing/Lilflame/tempesdress 

Delete a product from Renderosity?  If you mean delete a product from Daz Studio, check the end of the manual.  Here it is again:

1. Find the product in Smart Content.
    2. Right-Click on the Product and Select “Show Product in Content Library”.  After a few moments, Daz Studio will show the product in the Products list of the Content Library.
    3. Right-Click on the title of the product and Select “Delete…”.  Click Ok when the confirmation dialog appears.  The Smart Content for the product has been deleted. 

Note that this procedure does not delete the content files from Daz Studio.

Ok, round 2.  I believe I got all the ampersand (&) problems.  51 Panel Van now works too.  Please download the unofficial patch from the head of the forum thread, which was added as of 6:45 p.m. EST.

BTW, I apologize in advance for being slow to respond tomorrow.  I have periodontist/dental issues (2 appointments for different things!  Yea!  surprise).  I might not be posting much until Tuesday.

Good luck at the dentist!

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702

The new patch still not working for me. But, hey, good luck at the dentist.

The new patch still not working for me. But, hey, good luck at the dentist.

Oh dear, I can confirm that the 51 Panel Van works fine for me!  I already had it installed so all I did was do the Smart Content portion.  Takes a short while as there are a lot of 'parts' to the product, but it gets there!

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621
    edited March 2020
    Daventaki said:

I still get the Smart Content install error on Rendo products.  I was able to get Bodysuit 3 from MostDigitalDesigns to intall successfully.  I did get the same results that Illidanstorm where there are two icons for the product.  One says local_user for the product name the other is correct and says Bodysuit.

@Ig pointed out a problem that might be affecting you.  If there is an ampersand(&) in a preset filename, CW creates an incorrect dsx (XML) file that DS does not like.  This might be affecting you.  I hope to fix that tomorrow.

Thank you!!!  You are awesome!  Excellent product as always!!

I am still getting the duplicate icons also.  When I click on the one that lists the actual product name I get the Content Library/Products options but when I click on the one that shows Local_User as the product name it does not give the Content Library/Products option.  Both files will open the product. I was wanting to keep the one that has the actual product name in it. Images attached to show what im refering to.

localusericon.jpg
    832 x 1195 - 321K
    corectproduct.jpg
    832 x 1195 - 322K
    Post edited by Daventaki on
  • James_HJames_H Posts: 996

Good luck with the dentist: I've an appointment coming up soon, always a downer.

edited March 2020

Can someone try to install MDD Eira for G8F IRAY or Monet from Renderosity? These are just a few of the ones that won't install to smart content. I am curious to see if the smart content issue is just on my side. Thanks.

Post edited by AnEye4Art on
  • Can someone try to install MDD Eira for G8F IRAY or Monet from Renderosity? These are just a few of the ones that won't install to smart content. I am curious to see if the smart content issue is just on my side. Thanks.

Those 2 don't install for me either. There are some ampersand and underscore characters in file and folder names, not sure that is the cause, even with the latest patch.

edited March 2020

Thank you, Doctor Jellybean.

Post edited by AnEye4Art on
  • HavosHavos Posts: 5,294

Hi Riversoft,

I had a chance to try this out yesterday, and so far I have been impressed. I do have a suggestion for you that might make the initial selection of category more accurate.

I was installing STZ Office from Rendo (I noticed you were using another STZ product in your promos). This product consists of a large enviroment scene, which loads the walls, furniture, and office props into the correct place. However it also contains a large number of props that can be used outside the set (pens, telephones, computers etc). Content Wizard was assigning all of these to a category of /Default/Enviroments when it should have put them into /Default/Props. 

I think the reason for this is that the vendor has organised them into a directory hierarchy of /Enviroments/STZ_Office/Props rather than directly under /Props.

I assume you use the duf file path to determine a suggested category, but it might be a good idea to start from the end of the path, and trace back, rather than look at the top level only. The stuff placed in "something"/Props or "something"/Poses would be considered to be props or poses as appropriate, rather all be placed in the top level of the hierarchy.

Of course if was easy for me to change all the props to /Default/Props/Office, I am only suggesting a way to help everyone by making the original suggestion more accurate.

• @RiverSoftArt: I've sent you a PM

edited March 2020

Thanks for the well wishes everyone.  However, now I am supposed to get a crown as well as the implant I was already going through!  In lieu of buying my products, send checks to my dentist at... laugh

Daventaki said:
    Daventaki said:

Thank you!!!  You are awesome!  Excellent product as always!!

I am still getting the duplicate icons also.  When I click on the one that lists the actual product name I get the Content Library/Products options but when I click on the one that shows Local_User as the product name it does not give the Content Library/Products option.  Both files will open the product. I was wanting to keep the one that has the actual product name in it. Images attached to show what im refering to.

Hmmm.  This happens on every conversion?  Or only a couple of ones you have tried twice?  Have you tried deleting the products (per instructions in manual)?