[Released] Content Wizard [Commercial]

Comments

• dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,134

Another question about the adding metadata to products already installed.  Will it be able to run automated for the whole libray, or is it going to require being run for every item individually?  Basically, can I set it to start running the metadata portion on my library and let it run while I'm at work, or will I have to touch it for every item?

• dragotx said:

Another question about the adding metadata to products already installed.  Will it be able to run automated for the whole libray, or is it going to require being run for every item individually?  Basically, can I set it to start running the metadata portion on my library and let it run while I'm at work, or will I have to touch it for every item?

No, this is not an automated tool.  The Content Wizard tentatively assigns metadata for one product.  You SHOULD really look at it and correct it.  Unless it is a simple product, there will be some errors (wrong category, compatibilities, etc).  They are easily fixed but it requires your help.

• dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,134
    dragotx said:

No, this is not an automated tool.  The Content Wizard tentatively assigns metadata for one product.  You SHOULD really look at it and correct it.  Unless it is a simple product, there will be some errors (wrong category, compatibilities, etc).  They are easily fixed but it requires your help.

Ok, that makes sense.  Guess I know what I'll be doing tonight.  thanks!

• So is there any way to batch-update earlier gen content to work in the smart content panel? Whether this product or something else? I own thousands of items and the necessity of going through each individually is what has thus far prevented me from updating them.

• evacynevacyn Posts: 950

Just bought it, launched it and.... still waiting... I imagine it does a precursor scan of the installed files when first loads? So far it's been about 10 minutes (I have a lot of conrtent), so I'm guessing this will only happen once.

• evacynevacyn Posts: 950
    edited February 2020

I was finally able to test it out with one of the products I bought from Rendo and it's fantastic! Very easy to use (like all of your stuff).

The only only snag is that I'd have to download all of the content from Rendo again in order to have the original zip files to update all of the content I've already installed (which is a lot), and that's going to be a tedious.

Post edited by evacyn on
  • jedijuddjedijudd Posts: 606

Does it work with products that have multiple zip files for the same character, or thing

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,845
    edited February 2020

Never mind LOL

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on
  • jedijudd said:

Does it work with products that have multiple zip files for the same character, or thing

See video. The example have two zips.

edited February 2020
    Thank you @DoctorJellybean!  I look forward to hearing what you think.

So far (just a very quick look), even after installing the Smart Content, the Export Zip button doesn't become active. If I click Refresh Analysis, it becomes active.

I would have liked an Export option for the Runtime\Support files so that one doesn't have to install it first. Maybe, instead of loading a zip, it can analyze a temp folder and create smart content for the files in the temp folder.

I had just purchesed something like this at rendo, yours seems way more advanced and has smart content though

• So I'm having an issue. I've tried this on 3 Rendo packages and I am getting the same error each time when I try to install the metadata. They all give the same error. Here's one of the products I am trying with: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/?ViewProduct=141244

The script installs the base package, analyses the content and successfully determines the compatibilty, item type, etc. The problem comes when I try to install the metadata. Below is the log, and I'll attach the config file.

2020-02-28 11:32:54.154 *** Scene Cleared ***
    2020-02-28 11:32:54.232 DEBUG: Installing Product to Daz Studio...
    2020-02-28 11:32:54.233 Installing Product to Daz Studio...
    2020-02-28 11:32:54.235 DEBUG: Verifying existence of Renderosity store: true
    2020-02-28 11:32:54.236 Verifying existence of Renderosity store: true
    2020-02-28 11:32:54.236 DEBUG: Verifying "dForce Selected Outfit for Genesis 8 Females" product does not exist already
    2020-02-28 11:32:54.237 Verifying "dForce Selected Outfit for Genesis 8 Females" product does not exist already
    2020-02-28 11:32:54.238 DEBUG: Found existing product in Daz Studio: dForce Selected Outfit for Genesis 8 Females
    2020-02-28 11:32:54.239 Found existing product in Daz Studio: dForce Selected Outfit for Genesis 8 Females
    2020-02-28 11:32:54.239 DEBUG: Product: dForce Selected Outfit for Genesis 8 Females
    2020-02-28 11:32:54.240 Product: dForce Selected Outfit for Genesis 8 Females
    2020-02-28 11:32:54.240 DEBUG: Description: 
    2020-02-28 11:32:54.241 Description: 
    2020-02-28 11:32:54.242 DEBUG: URL: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=141244
    2020-02-28 11:32:54.242 URL: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=141244
    2020-02-28 11:32:54.243 DEBUG: Artists: 
    2020-02-28 11:32:54.243 Artists: 
    2020-02-28 11:32:54.243 DEBUG: Store: Renderosity
    2020-02-28 11:32:54.244 Store: Renderosity
    2020-02-28 11:32:54.244 DEBUG: Vendor: false
    2020-02-28 11:32:54.245 Vendor: false
    2020-02-28 11:32:54.245 DEBUG: GUID: 74e632b4-6003-4cae-ac3d-aaffd0ef2736
    2020-02-28 11:32:54.245 GUID: 74e632b4-6003-4cae-ac3d-aaffd0ef2736
    2020-02-28 11:32:54.245 DEBUG: Date Installed: Fri Feb 28 2020 11:18:44 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time) (Currently Installed: true)
    2020-02-28 11:32:54.246 Date Installed: Fri Feb 28 2020 11:18:44 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time) (Currently Installed: true)
    2020-02-28 11:32:54.246 DEBUG: Date Released: Fri Feb 28 2020 11:18:44 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
    2020-02-28 11:32:54.246 Date Released: Fri Feb 28 2020 11:18:44 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
    2020-02-28 11:32:54.246 DEBUG: Copy: false, Delete: true, Insert: false, Modify: true, Rename: true
    2020-02-28 11:32:54.247 Copy: false, Delete: true, Insert: false, Modify: true, Rename: true
    2020-02-28 11:32:54.248 DEBUG: Number of Assets: 0
    2020-02-28 11:32:54.249 Number of Assets: 0
    2020-02-28 11:32:54.249 DEBUG: Number of Child Containers: 0
    2020-02-28 11:32:54.249 Number of Child Containers: 0
    2020-02-28 11:32:56.893 DEBUG: Building product metadata...
    2020-02-28 11:32:56.893 Building product metadata...
    2020-02-28 11:32:56.894 DEBUG: Support File is Runtime/Support/Renderosity_141244_dForce_Selected_Outfit_for_Genesis_8_Females.dsx
    2020-02-28 11:32:56.894 DEBUG: SaveMetadataXML F:/ContentWizard/Runtime/Support/Renderosity_141244_dForce_Selected_Outfit_for_Genesis_8_Females.dsx F:/CW-Temp/
    2020-02-28 11:32:56.894 WARNING: QString::arg: Argument missing: Error creating metadata for Daz Studio import, F:/ContentWizard/Runtime/Support/Renderosity_141244_dForce_Selected_Outfit_for_Genesis_8_Females.dsx
    2020-02-28 11:32:56.894 WARNING: QString::arg: Argument missing: Error creating metadata for Daz Studio import, false
    2020-02-28 11:32:56.894 DEBUG: Error creating metadata for Daz Studio import
    2020-02-28 11:32:56.895 Error creating metadata for Daz Studio import
    2020-02-28 11:32:56.896 DEBUG: There were errors during installation.
    2020-02-28 11:32:56.896 There were errors during installation.

txt
    txt
    Selected.txt
  • DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

this went in my cart right away, i also own the one from renderosity mentioned above.  This looks great and can't wait to try it, i'll still use DIM for the products I purchase here but can't wait to see how it works for the other products :)

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745
    Cybersox said:

Just curious River if the tool also has an uninstall feature to remove assets. As this bypasses the dim we can not use that tool to uninstall.

David

No, it does not have an uninstall feature.  I thought about it, but when I started getting into multiple products sharing the same file and making sure I didn't break it, I decided that would be too much right now.

Maybe one of your next products could be an upgrade to DIM that adds some of the features like uninstall for non DAZ products... Hey, you could call it Smart Transfer for DIM or the STD for short.:D       

Ooooh, that is terrible! laugh

But catchy!

• It went into my cart as well. Never mind the bugs, this is something I have wanted for some time not. Thank you

• HatBHatB Posts: 76
    In my cart until I get home from work at the school and get to my computer. Looking forward to using it.
  • Dreams do come true! Thank you for making this! I hate having to do this stuff myself, and my backlog is quite.... stupendous. 

I have a huge backlog of stuff from rendo also, it just keeps pileing up because I hate installing it, so thank you very much for this

edited February 2020
    Artini said:
    Could Content Wizard be combined with https://www.daz3d.com/content-package-assist

to just add metadata to the packages and keep possibility to uninstall in DIM, when necessary.

I have some products from Rendo, which get updates pretty often, so having posiibility

to uninstall would be really nice.

Ok, it looks like it is possible. The steps are a bit longwinded mind.

1. Start Content Wizard.
    2. Select the Product zip and icon, fill in the Product Name, Store name and Product ID (make a note of the ID).
    3. Analyze and make changes as needed
    4. Install Smart Content
    5. For some reason the Export Zip button isn't active, so hit Refresh Analysis
    6. Export Zip to e.g. a temp folder
    7. Open the exported zip and extract it to e.g. the temp folder
    8. Open the original zip and add the extracted Runtime\Support directories to the original zip
    9. Start CPA and make sure that the last Environment setting "Auto Clean" (Settings window) is unchecked
    10. Create as usual, using the noted Product ID for the Package SKU

You can use DIM to install the CPA package and hopefully the smart content will work. You'll most likely need to re-import the metadata in Daz Studio (Content DB Maintenance).

If RiverSoft accept my suggestions to be able to scan a local folder instead of adding a zip, and add a smart content Export option, the above process can be shortened quite a bit.

• veenveen Posts: 132

I tryed a whole evening installing Renderosity products to my smart content pane without any luck, i only see a product icon. When i click on it i only see a square image with a yellow triangle. The log show only 1 item is installed. Any help would be appreciate it. I am pretty sure i configured everything correctly.

For you information i am on a Dutch computer (remember the issue with the Text tattoo? it wont execute the script due to my language) just saying)

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,294
    Artini said:
    Could Content Wizard be combined with https://www.daz3d.com/content-package-assist

to just add metadata to the packages and keep possibility to uninstall in DIM, when necessary.

I have some products from Rendo, which get updates pretty often, so having posiibility

1. Start Content Wizard.
    2. Select the Product zip and icon, fill in the Product Name, Store name and Product ID (make a note of the ID).
    4. Install Smart Content
    8. Open the original zip and add the extracted Runtime\Support directories to the original zip
    9. Start CPA and make sure that the last Environment setting "Auto Clean" (Settings window) is unchecked

You can use DIM to install the CPA package and hopefully the smart content will work. You'll most likely need to re-import the metadata in Daz Studio (Content DB Maintenance).

If RiverSoft accept my suggestions to be able to scan a local folder instead of adding a zip, and add a smart content Export option, the above process can be shortened quite a bit.

I want something like this aswell. I have bought this product, although I have not had time to use it yet.

The problem with all the other Riversoft scripts that create smart content (eg Hair and Clothing converters) is that they only put the metadata into the database you are using. If you then want the same converted content in other installations (like I do on my laptop) then it is easy to share the converted content, but not the metadata that came with it. The only work around is to use the UserData export option, but I find this route poor as all sorts of lost and found and other crap gets stuffed into the UserData, and it is worse if the CMS database gets corrupted.

Far better is the creation of a nice zip file with meta data inside. This can then be installed on as many machines as you use.

• Havos said:
    Far better is the creation of a nice zip file with meta data inside. This can then be installed on as many machines as you use.

Content Wizard does export a zip, together with a self-installing script. The only possible problem with that is if the script gets lost, that zip is unusable. Which is removed if the zip, e.g. CPA package, can be installed using DIM.

Make no mistake though, Content Wizard is an excellent product! I will certainly be using it.

• Artini said:

1. Start Content Wizard.
    4. Install Smart Content

Thank you for checking on how both applications can be used together! The Content Wizard is going into my cart now smiley

Trish

• gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948
    Artini said:

1. Start Content Wizard.
    4. Install Smart Content

All of my products created with CPA are already installed. (And I kept the CPA created zip files.)  It sounds like I would need to do steps 1-8 to have those back-up zip files accurate.  Am I understanding your information correctly?

I could not get this to even open, I clicked on content wizard icon then there was a spinning wheel for over ten minutes

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,528
    Artini said:

1. Start Content Wizard.
    4. Install Smart Content

Thanks a lot for checking this out.

• I literally started shaking with excitment when I saw this product. My first-ever instabuy!

Does anyone know how it handles products installed through Connect?

• So is there any way to batch-update earlier gen content to work in the smart content panel? Whether this product or something else? I own thousands of items and the necessity of going through each individually is what has thus far prevented me from updating them.

Sorry, no batch for the smart content.  The Content Wizard tentatively assigns metadata for one product.  You SHOULD really look at it and correct it.  Unless it is a simple product, there will be some errors (wrong category, compatibilities, etc).  They are easily fixed but it requires your help.

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,344
    edited February 2020
    evacyn said:

I was finally able to test it out with one of the products I bought from Rendo and it's fantastic! Very easy to use (like all of your stuff).

The only only snag is that I'd have to download all of the content from Rendo again in order to have the original zip files to update all of the content I've already installed (which is a lot), and that's going to be a tedious.

Great!  I am glad to hear that (not the tedious re-download part laugh)

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • jedijudd said:

GiGi_7 said:
    jedijudd said:

See video. The example have two zips.

As @GiGi_7 wrote, yes it works on multi-zip products.