Growing Up for Genesis 8 (Commercial)

Comments

• rayme, forgive me for asking: have you dropped the"data" folder in your library? Also, is the root of the character selected?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050
    edited December 2018

It's been over a month and I do not get assistance for this product. 

Some content creators frequent the forums and help with their products when possible, but it is not required of them. If you don't get an answer here, Submit a help request. Official customer support is handled by Daz.

Post edited by barbult on
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039

Sorry unfortunately I do not always get notified when there is a post in one of my bookmarked threads. I did not see your post. Please PM me with your exact issue as it is hard to pinpoint the issue unless I have more info. As far as I know there is no issue with the product, so maybe you can explain how you installed it? Thanks.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,808

You should probably send a message directly to Zev0. Sometimes the notifications of forum updates fail, so he may not know that you had an issue.

If you click on the name next to one of his posts, it will bring up a profile page. On that page in the top left there's a blue "Message" button that will allow you to send something directly to him.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,949

how were they installed?  Have you tried reinstalling it?

• Hey Zev0, just purchased and trying to use the Growing Up product but for some reason when I click, double click, and right click --> merge to scene, nothing happens to the figure. I'm assuming it is me. Please help.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

I have the Growing Up for Genesis 8 G8F/G8M and would like to using the Growing Up to make a girl's and boy's between 5 - 10 years old without effecting the faces and heads. The faces and heads I will do myself using DAZ Originals Head Morphs. I don't want to do all the adjustments to the DAZ Originals Body morphs to made 5 - 10 year old bodies though.

Can that be done.

• After buying and installing this product,

DAZ3D pops up a prompt saying missing Genesis Starter Essential 3 whenever I load Genese 8 female figure?

This prompt will only appear if Genesis Starter Essential 3 Female is not installed.

Why does this product need Genesis Starter Essential 3 when it's for G8F?

• Zev0 said:

No baking. You use it like Daz head and body morphs, where it is required in conjunction with your morph. The term merchant resource will be removed because it confuses some people. Instead I will just have rules of how product can be used on description, if people wish to sell characters using it.

Hey Zev0, sorry to open an old thread but I think that's the only way I cqn contact you. I purchased GU for Gen8 when it was "MR" i wasn't paying much attention to it until recently I noticed name change (haven't used it that much). But now I want to create young teen character but got confused with your explanation. So, if I want to release the character I made with GU, what is the procedure? I guess I load up base male character, APPLY GU morphs first and then export into Zbrush? And there I I create separate head and body morphs etc. After importing, I need to turn on reverse deformation so the morph only affects "base" figure but not your GU morphs? If I do it that way, there is no bakong which is fine and the person buying my character would still have to own GU morphs? Thanks and sorry for weird question/explanation but it's the only way I could think of getting this right. Thanks, Nejc

" I guess I load up base male character, APPLY GU morphs first and then export into Zbrush? And there I I create separate head and body morphs etc. After importing, I need to turn on reverse deformation so the morph only affects "base" figure but not your GU morphs? If I do it that way, there is no bakong which is fine and the person buying my character would still have to own GU morphs?"

That is correct yes.

• Thanks, just wanted to make sure I don't do something wrong
  • I am trying to use your Growing up for Genesis 8 Females product on this model: SKU:72337

When I age her back to 9-10 years old she still has small breasts. Is there a way to eliminate that? A 9-10 year old girl would not have breasts.

Thanks

edited September 2020

edited

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • mgr0704 said:

I am trying to use your Growing up for Genesis 8 Females product on this model: SKU:72337

When I age her back to 9-10 years old she still has small breasts

If that figure has seperate head and body shapers, sliding the body shaper back towards 0 will reduce that. Of course this will make the body shape closer to that of Genesis 8 scalled-down.

• FrinkkyFrinkky Posts: 388

I see an update has been disseminated via DIM. Any info on what has been changed/fixed/added? The documentation hasn't been updated (http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/46393/start).

Thanks.

Nothing major..Was some loose ctrl linking morphs to genesis 3 instead of 8. Doesn't impact function of the product. Just under the hood cleaning up.
  • mcarlsonrb said:

I am trying to use your Growing up for Genesis 8 Females product on this model: SKU:72337

If that figure has seperate head and body shapers, sliding the body shaper back towards 0 will reduce that. Of course this will make the body shape closer to that of Genesis 8 scalled-down.

There may also be a Breast Gone or Breasts Small morph that should work.  I"m not positive if these are default morphs or something I bought, but it's worth looking.  They do a much better job that just reducing body shape.

• FrinkkyFrinkky Posts: 388

Zev0 said:

Nothing major..Was some loose ctrl linking morphs to genesis 3 instead of 8. Doesn't impact function of the product. Just under the hood cleaning up.

Many thanks!
  • nabob21nabob21 Posts: 909

I am noticing that some hair models seem to get distorted a bit the younger I make the character, especially as their height shrinks. Do you know why this is happening and is there a fix?

edited February 2021

It is up to hair developers to add Growing Up support. What you can do is dial out the projected youth morph  or other growing up morphs on the hair once fitted, which will set it more to the default shape.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • nabob21nabob21 Posts: 909

Does this product need to be updated for the new Genesis 8.1 characters?

No.

• amysparklesamysparkles Posts: 91
    edited February 2021

Zev0 said:

It is up to hair developers to add Growing Up support. What you can do is dial out the projected youth morph  or other growing up morphs on the hair once fitted, which will set it more to the default shape.

What do you mean by 'dial out the projected youth morph'? I am assuming this refers to how Daz Studio fits hair to characters, but I have not seen anything like this in the hair shaping parameters. Is this something that's hidden by default, and if so, how do I view and change them?

Hair distorts a lot for me too, often to the point a lot of hair is unusable. Which is annoying since I mostly render child characters. First there's finding a hairstyle which I feel is appropriate for my character, then there's hoping it does not distort too much with the growing up morph. If I can minimize the distortions that would be great.

I wish hair content creators would add growing up support for their hair models too.

I would also like to thank you for creating the growing up products for Genesis 3 and Genesis 8. They are an invaluable asset for me. I use them all the time in my character creations.

Post edited by amysparkles on
    edited February 2021

What do you mean by 'dial out the projected youth morph'?

If you enable show hidden dials, click on hair item, you will see all used morphs on the figure copied/projected onto it, You can dial those down to lower distortion. It's a bit of trial and error but can be done.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • VortigensBane said:

Ooooh!  Cant wait.  Growing Up is one of my all-time favorites, both for boys and girls!

I'm new to this. Could someone kindly explain how to use this? I have no clue, ha ha!

• sandmanmax said:

mcarlsonrb said:

There may also be a Breast Gone or Breasts Small morph that should work.  I"m not positive if these are default morphs or something I bought, but it's worth looking.  They do a much better job that just reducing body shape.

I know its like a million years later, but I'm trying to use this product. I click on the character object, and then I doulbe click the bejeezuz out of the "Apply" icons, for any age. Nothing. In the unlikely event that someone sees this, and cares, kindly post a step-by-step thing on how to get "Gowing Up" to work? Would really appreciate that. If not, well, I guess it is what it is. I really hope I did not waste the money buying this product now...

God, I hate this program... 

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,949
    edited October 2021

deyken_21c94e698e said:

sandmanmax said:

mcarlsonrb said:

I know its like a million years later, but I'm trying to use this product. I click on the character object, and then I doulbe click the bejeezuz out of the "Apply" icons, for any age. Nothing. In the unlikely event that someone sees this, and cares, kindly post a step-by-step thing on how to get "Gowing Up" to work? Would really appreciate that. If not, well, I guess it is what it is. I really hope I did not waste the money buying this product now...

Ummm actually you need to use the dials ......oooooohh sorry I miss-spoke the presets do work!! cool learn a little more ,okay so are you sure you have the figure selected before clicking on the prest? it might take a couple of seconds to apply it .....

Post edited by carrie58 on
  • marblemarble Posts: 7,449

deyken_21c94e698e said:

sandmanmax said:

mcarlsonrb said:

The dials and the presets work but you get a better represention of the age range using the presets in my experience. I usually dial back the head proportion because, although the measurement might be accurate it just looks wrong to me. Sometimes it can be difficult getting a flat chest which is mostly fine because they are dressed but the problem can be projected into the clothing which then looks wrong. I have not found a way around that yet other than morphing it out in Blender. These are minor issues though.

I have to say that these Growing Up sets have been invaluable to me recently since I embarked on a project to recreate scenes from memories of my own childhood. I wish the store had 1950s/1960s childrens clothes but I can't fault the quality of these Zev0 sets. 

• marble said:

deyken_21c94e698e said:

sandmanmax said:

mcarlsonrb said:

The dials and the presets work but you get a better represention of the age range using the presets in my experience. I usually dial back the head proportion because, although the measurement might be accurate it just looks wrong to me. Sometimes it can be difficult getting a flat chest which is mostly fine because they are dressed but the problem can be projected into the clothing which then looks wrong. I have not found a way around that yet other than morphing it out in Blender. These are minor issues though.

I have to say that these Growing Up sets have been invaluable to me recently since I embarked on a project to recreate scenes from memories of my own childhood. I wish the store had 1950s/1960s childrens clothes but I can't fault the quality of these Zev0 sets. 

Absolutely nothing anyone suggested here works! Mayby I'm clicking the effing icon wrong or something. The only dials available are 3: Eyelashes curl, eyelashes length and some other effing thing. Nothing that would have any affect on any other "shaping". I have the genesis 8 figure seleted in the Scene tab, then I double click the bejeeezuz out of the Icons (Age 5-6, young teen, whatever). Nothing happens. Not a single darn thing. No extra dials, nothing. Also nothing actually happend with the genesis 8 figure.

What in the world am I doing wrong, then? Surely I have to be able to see the effect on the selected genesis 8 character/figure/object, once I have double-clicked the Apply Age icons? Right? Or am I missing somthing?

• Is there somebody at DAZ 3D themselves who can help with this issue I'm having with "Growing Up for Genesis Females"? These forums aren't helpful even a little bit.