Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,158
    edited September 2017

Here's my first try with GU for G8F.

G8F Growing Up.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045

Nice image:) Will host a render comp soon:)

• RainRain Posts: 335
    Zev0 said:
    silence3D said:

great work as always zev0, any idea if we get a g8m/g8f bundle? or are you selling them both loose first?

if you will have them loose on the store first ill just get g8f now ^ 

Male version isn't finished yet. So might be a month or so. Only then will a bundle be offered.

I couldn't wait for the bundle, I just went ahead and bought it ;-)

• When will the Genesis 8 Male Growing Up version be available do you think... aslo will there be a bundle to buy both? ETA?

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,033

When will the Genesis 8 Male Growing Up version be available do you think... aslo will there be a bundle to buy both? ETA?

See previous answer... https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/2790451/#Comment_2790451

Male Promos are done.

Main.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 736K
    Popup_1.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 660K
    Popup_2.jpg
    2000 x 1066 - 853K
    Popup_3.jpg
    2000 x 1066 - 929K
    Popup_4.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 411K
    Popup_5.jpg
    2000 x 1066 - 1M
    Popup_6.jpg
    2000 x 1066 - 1M
    Popup_7.jpg
    2000 x 1066 - 1M
    Popup_8.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 570K
    Popup_09.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 589K
    Popup_10.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 681K
    Popup_11.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 647K
    Popup_12.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 631K

Thanks for showing the teeth, too.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

oh that's exciting!!!!! fantastic!!!! 

Zev0 said:

HA! Finally Solved the central bulge in tops when fitted to Growing Up. Took me long enough lol....I am in the process of making a Projection morph so tops fit flush and properly on flat chested figures. Update might not be ready for release but I'll try. If not it will be released soon after. I will also try and Update the Genesis 3 Female version of Growing Up as well. Might add this to Fit Control too if I can get it across.

edited September 2017

Here I used the Adult setting on one image and the Young Teen on the other. This is a G8F dialed character with G3F clothes and hair. The jewelry is AllenArt freebies from ShareCG. For the Young Teen I changed the makeup and reduced the bump and normal map settings for a softer surface appearance.

G8F Growing UP Adult.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 2M
    G8F Growing Up Young Teen.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 1M
    Post edited by barbult on

@ barbult. That is a fantastic comparison. Thanks.

Zev0 said:

@ barbult. That is a fantastic comparison. Thanks.

Thanks, Zev0, I'm enjoying the product. I forgot to mention, I used the Bend Control. too, but it is hard to tell under those refitted G3F pants.

edited September 2017

Yes. I can see actually:) Still need to add in the latest Bend Control update. Has more refinements. There was an update recently that went live that resolved a minor issue on the V8 support morphs.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited September 2017
    barbult said:

Here I used the Adult setting on one image and the Young Teen on the other. This is a G8F dialed character with G3F clothes and hair. The jewelry is AllenArt freebies from ShareCG. For the Young Teen I changed the makeup and reduced the bump and normal map settings for a softer surface appearance.

Very nice!  What hair is that?

Post edited by Rain on

That is Tra La La Hair.

barbult said:

That is Tra La La Hair.

Thank you!

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313
    edited September 2017

I was going to wait for the male but caved and got the female, first render 

growing-up1.jpg
    742 x 1200 - 220K
    Post edited by scorpio on

LOVE it Scorpio! She looks fantastic! 

scorpio said:

I was going to wait for the male but caved and got the female, first render 

• mcorrmcorr Posts: 1,028

will this work with 4.9.0.3, or will the add-on not launch due to scripting problems?

• mcorr said:

will this work with 4.9.0.3, or will the add-on not launch due to scripting problems?

Genesis 8 itaself, as I recvall, requires a much more recent version of DS. But Growing Up is content, not scripts, so it shouldn't be any worse than the base figure.

• TooncesToonces Posts: 919
    Zev0 said:

HA! Finally Solved the central bulge in tops when fitted to Growing Up. Took me long enough lol....I am in the process of making a Projection morph so tops fit flush and properly on flat chested figures. Update might not be ready for release but I'll try. If not it will be released soon after. I will also try and Update the Genesis 3 Female version of Growing Up as well. Might add this to Fit Control too if I can get it across.

Just wanted to say thanks for continuing to support your G3F version! I noticed the new 'GU Clothing Support' dial, and it works great!

Thanks so much!

Did the G3 version get updated? 

Toonces said:
    Zev0 said:

Just wanted to say thanks for continuing to support your G3F version! I noticed the new 'GU Clothing Support' dial, and it works great!

Thanks so much!

• mcorrmcorr Posts: 1,028
    mcorr said:

Genesis 8 itaself, as I recvall, requires a much more recent version of DS. But Growing Up is content, not scripts, so it shouldn't be any worse than the base figure.thanks Richard!

Thanks Richard! About your obeservation/question: Yes and no. The dialogue box warns that you need a newer version when you load G8, but you can actually load her anyway. And she's relatively functional, except for a "dual" something feature (has to do with more realistic iray skin renders, if I remember correctly), the eyelashes which I have not been able to get to work, and (to me) less important things like being able to use some powerposing or puppeteer features. There's probably more, but I've found her useable in 4.9.0.3 with some workarounds. Looking forward to the day I can upgrade my hardware/OS to to be able to use the current version of DAZ.

Sorry for late reply. Yes G3F and M versions were updated with the clothing helper.

Hmmm my Growing Up G3F isn't showing an update in "Updates" in Smart content. I'll give it another couple of days as I've found that updates in Smart content seem to not show for a bit.  

Zev0 said:

Sorry for late reply. Yes G3F and M versions were updated with the clothing helper.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,705

I know this is not on sale and too recent for discount but I feel like it is well worth getting.  It is in my cart waiting for me to check out.

jakiblue said:

Hmmm my Growing Up G3F isn't showing an update in "Updates" in Smart content. I'll give it another couple of days as I've found that updates in Smart content seem to not show for a bit.  

Zev0 said:

@jakiblue, Did you ever get a Smart Content update for the Genesis 3 Growing Up products to get the clothing helper update? I never did. I have been in a back and forth discussion with CS for days about this. It just isn't working. (The update appeared in DIM, though, so I know Zev0 submitted it.)

CS keeps saying I might already have the files.

I keep saying:

I do not have a "data\cloud\1_23983\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 3\Male\Projection Morphs" folder (Growing Up for Genesis 3 Male(s).
    I do not have a "data\cloud\1_23720\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 3\Female\Projection Morphs" folder (Growing Up for Genesis 3 Female(s).

Do you have these files installed?

Zev0 said:

Male Promos are done.

Zev0 said:
    silence3D said:

great work as always zev0, any idea if we get a g8m/g8f bundle? or are you selling them both loose first?

Male version isn't finished yet. So might be a month or so. Only then will a bundle be offered.

Cannot wait!  A teen character of mine needs this with George 8! Got George 8 but waiting for this. 

Will owners of G8F version get a discount or something on the G8M version?  Please say so and it will be released in September or October?

Okay if this is a merchant resource, do I need to bake the morphs before submitting to Daz?  Basically what do I need to do to before submitting to Daz?

edited September 2017

No baking. You use it like Daz head and body morphs, where it is required in conjunction with your morph. The term merchant resource will be removed because it confuses some people. Instead I will just have rules of how product can be used on description, if people wish to sell characters using it.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited September 2017
    Zev0 said:

Male Promos are done.

Zev0 said:
    silence3D said:

Cannot wait!  A teen character of mine needs this with George 8! Got George 8 but waiting for this. 

Will owners of G8F version get a discount or something on the G8M version?  Please say so and it will be released in September or October?

Discount wise that would be the most logical route to go. There will be an added discount. Release date depends on how the PC sale next month is going to work and how it affects PA releases not in the sale. So I will see.

Post edited by Zev0 on