Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on

Comments

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078
    Trelligan said:

Say, while I've got your ear: Sometimes I'll put a Notification price on a product - then later find it in a bundle or that it requires something I don't have/want. What I've been doing is changing the notification value to $ 0.01. Is there a way of deleting a notification? (It won't take zero.)

Also, I sometimes receive your notice about a product I've already bought - long enough apart that there should have been no problem with updating data. So the notification stays live after a purchase? Just to be clear, this is not a major problem, not even an annoyance, though it does waste a few seconds.

Yeah, there's no way to cancel an individual notification. I'll add one at some point.

While wishlist, best-price, etc. notifications do take into account what you already have and not notify you about it, individual notifications don't. The reason is so you can use it to set the notification price to the price bought the item at and get a notification if it goes below that price. Useful to track price changes that happen for 30 days after purchase. Now that I think about it, I could add a checkbox that limits it to 30 days to be even more convenient.

• Thanks for the hand-holding, I'm really glad everything's working now.

My real pet peeve has nothing to do with Daz-Deal's plugin. When I've bought a Pro Bundle, all the individual items are marked as owned which is correct and very handy. But Daz still offers me the Starter Bundle! It's really annoying when great deals are offered that I constantly have to check to make sure that I own those items.

Daz-Deals really helps with the faded-out 'owned' items on the bundle page, and it's one of the reasons I like the addon so much.

Trelligan said:

Thanks for the hand-holding, I'm really glad everything's working now.

My real pet peeve has nothing to do with Daz-Deal's plugin. When I've bought a Pro Bundle, all the individual items are marked as owned which is correct and very handy. But Daz still offers me the Starter Bundle! It's really annoying when great deals are offered that I constantly have to check to make sure that I own those items.

Daz-Deals really helps with the faded-out 'owned' items on the bundle page, and it's one of the reasons I like the addon so much.

You can hide individual items with the addon. When a new pro bundle is launched, I always start by hiding the starter bundle. I know I will eventually go for the pro bundle, so there's no need to get deals for the starter. :)

• rav4rav4 Posts: 96
    edited February 2020
    rav4 said:

When I was in Plat club, I could hover over whole graph and see the price at various points along graph. Now that I'm not in the club, this works mostly, but not on the right end side of the graph, price showing box gets cropped off at the right too soon, can't see price.

Here are some screen caps of issue I posted about. Any thoughts on fixing the price cropped off issue? Note: not a problem that existed when I was Plat Club member and graph was blue.

price graph hover left to middle shows price.png
    441 x 218 - 50K
    price graph hover right price is cropped off.png
    474 x 224 - 49K
    Post edited by rav4 on
    rav4 said:
    rav4 said:

When I was in Plat club, I could hover over whole graph and see the price at various points along graph. Now that I'm not in the club, this works mostly, but not on the right end side of the graph, price showing box gets cropped off at the right too soon, can't see price.

Here are some screen caps of issue I posted about. Any thoughts on fixing the price cropped off issue? Note: not a problem that existed when I was Plat Club member and graph was blue.

What browser are you using?

• rav4rav4 Posts: 96
    Ati said:
    rav4 said:
    rav4 said:

Chrome, on a macbook air.

• alex86firealex86fire Posts: 1,130

Hey all, anyone managed to make daz deals work on Android? I can't seem to make it work. 

Hey all, anyone managed to make daz deals work on Android? I can't seem to make it work. 

I believe it works with Firefox for Android.

Ati said:

Awesome, thanks! I was trying on chrome and wasn't working but I installed Firefox and it works without a hitch.
  • WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,735

Just checking if it works on an iPad yet...

rav4 said:
    Ati said:
    rav4 said:
    rav4 said:

Chrome, on a macbook air.

I can see the problem on the images, but I am not able to reproduce this (granted, I don't have access to a macbook). Do you have the same issue with another browser on the same computer? Anyone else having similar issues?

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470
    Ati said:

Awesome, thanks! I was trying on chrome and wasn't working but I installed Firefox and it works without a hitch.

Did you get all the options to work on Firefox Android?  For me the checkboxes for Only show wishlist, owned, addons, etc...do not appear.  I have only found that Kiwi Browser shows them all...  

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,678

I could not get it to work on my iPad either with the Firefox browser or chrome browser.

3dOutlaw said:
    Ati said:

Did you get all the options to work on Firefox Android?  For me the checkboxes for Only show wishlist, owned, addons, etc...do not appear.  I have only found that Kiwi Browser shows them all...  

Yes, they appeared in the end and they do work. I just had to click the writing and not the checkbox itself.

• Hey, ATI! 26 Feb 2020 March Madness - Star Struck.

At the bottom, "40% off Mad Artist Store", your link isn't working correctly, it only shows Gravity Studios. I think I see why, but I don't know how to create a good one.

"View These Artists Together" link:
    https://www.daz3d.com/gravity-studios#filter_vendor=Gravity Studios^Mely3D^AcharyaPolina^Nikisatez^daveyabbo^Islandgirl^PerspectX^Charlie^outoftouch^Raiya^Leviathan^Sickleyield^Muze^JeffersonAF^Elianeck&filter_new=0&filter_platClub=0&filtered=1

Note: I apologize if this isn't your link; I've had Daz-Deals so long I don't remember what the original pages include and what you've added.

• Ati said:

You can hide individual items with the addon. When a new pro bundle is launched, I always start by hiding the starter bundle. I know I will eventually go for the pro bundle, so there's no need to get deals for the starter. :)

That's never worked for me. I have clicked "Hide this product from listings" many times, but it still shows up on shopping and promo pages. I always assumed that it prevented your emailed notices about 'deals'. Is it supposed to hide the product on catalog pages?

Trelligan said:

Hey, ATI! 26 Feb 2020 March Madness - Star Struck.

At the bottom, "40% off Mad Artist Store", your link isn't working correctly, it only shows Gravity Studios. I think I see why, but I don't know how to create a good one.

https://www.daz3d.com/gravity-studios#filter_vendor=Gravity Studios^Mely3D^AcharyaPolina^Nikisatez^daveyabbo^Islandgirl^PerspectX^Charlie^outoftouch^Raiya^Leviathan^Sickleyield^Muze^JeffersonAF^Elianeck&filter_new=0&filter_platClub=0&filtered=1

Note: I apologize if this isn't your link; I've had Daz-Deals so long I don't remember what the original pages include and what you've added.

When Daz changes the format of how they do the sales, that can mess with the auto-generated link. They used to do this, linking to just the individual stores. They changed it to listing everyone on one single sales page. Our link was modified to work with the single sales page. Now they are using the old format again. We'll see if they stick to this method again, and if so, we'll modify the way the link is generated.

For a while, it looked like we can get rid of this feature altogether, as they started putting an official "all artists" link on the sales pages, but that doesn't seem to be happening anymore.

Trelligan said:
    Ati said:

That's never worked for me. I have clicked "Hide this product from listings" many times, but it still shows up on shopping and promo pages. I always assumed that it prevented your emailed notices about 'deals'. Is it supposed to hide the product on catalog pages?

It prevents email notifications for those items, and it also hides those items from the store and category pages. (Not the promo pages.) It's a separate option that can be enabled/disabled, and keep in mind that it is one of the most resource-heavy features.

• Just checking if it works on an iPad yet...

I could not get it to work on my iPad either with the Firefox browser or chrome browser.

Sadly, the only browser allowed to use extensions on iPads (or any iOS product) is Safari. To add to the sadness, Safari uses its own proprietary extension format which requires you own an Apple product (and, last I checked, an Apple Developer account) to create/package/distribute them via Apple. It's not about what's technically possible (sadly), it's about where Apple wants developers and users to spend their time and money--i.e. with Apple. :-/

As an iPad owner, I wish this weren't the case...

• Overdrawn said:

Sadly, the only browser allowed to use extensions on iPads (or any iOS product) is Safari. To add to the sadness, Safari uses its own proprietary extension format which requires you own an Apple product (and, last I checked, an Apple Developer account) to create/package/distribute them via Apple. It's not about what's technically possible (sadly), it's about where Apple wants developers and users to spend their time and money--i.e. with Apple. :-/

Forgot to include this bit of helpful documentation from Firefox on the topic: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/add-ons-firefox-ios

• Ati said:
    Trelligan said:

Hey, ATI! 26 Feb 2020 March Madness - Star Struck.

When Daz changes the format of how they do the sales, that can mess with the auto-generated link. They used to do this, linking to just the individual stores. They changed it to listing everyone on one single sales page. Our link was modified to work with the single sales page. Now they are using the old format again. We'll see if they stick to this method again, and if so, we'll modify the way the link is generated.

For a while, it looked like we can get rid of this feature altogether, as they started putting an official "all artists" link on the sales pages, but that doesn't seem to be happening anymore.

Yeah...they keep changing it back and forth...and introducing new ways to present the links (like this latest one...). It's a lot of cat-and-mouse. :-/ We'll try again to catch the mouse...but can't promise we'll catch it everytime. Sadly.

• In happy news, I've just submitted the extension for the New Microsoft Edge, so hopefully Daz-Deals will be available there Real Soon Now™.

...it already works in the new Edge using the Chrome extension.  Been using it for about a year.  (preview builds) Is this just so it is in the Microsoft extension location?

• 3dOutlaw said:

...it already works in the new Edge using the Chrome extension.  Been using it for about a year.  (preview builds) Is this just so it is in the Microsoft extension location?

Yep. It will be available via the Microsoft extension store for Edge.

Google's started putting a banner on their store "warning" Edge users not to use their store--you can read between the lines to guess as to why...i.e. it's likely not technical. >_<

Getting the (same) extension published through the Microsoft store avoids the "scary" warnings for folks who want to use Daz-Deals, so we figured it'd be best to be there also. :)

Makes sense :)  I guess they never thought that someone like Microsoft would use their codebase, lol.

Feature Question -> Is it possible to "Select All" of the artists in the Artist drop down selector?  (so it can be used as an exclude, by then manually unchecking as needed)

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,735
    Overdrawn said:

So couldn't you create this and add it to the App Store? I'd even be willing to pay a small fee for it.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,922
    Overdrawn said:

In happy news, I've just submitted the extension for the New Microsoft Edge, so hopefully Daz-Deals will be available there Real Soon Now™.

I'm using it in the new Edge but only because I allowed it to install extensions from the Chrome Store. It works fine but if you post when it goes live I will switch to the Edge version.

• Overdrawn said:

So couldn't you create this and add it to the App Store? I'd even be willing to pay a small fee for it.

Neither @Ati nor I have working Mac's atm. :( Additionally, it'd be like starting over as Safari extensions are completely different animals than the ones which work in Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Vivalid, and now Edge. :-/

Sorry... If we can find a way to make life awesome for iPad owners, we will. :)

• Overdrawn said:

In happy news, I've just submitted the extension for the New Microsoft Edge, so hopefully Daz-Deals will be available there Real Soon Now™.

I'm using it in the new Edge but only because I allowed it to install extensions from the Chrome Store. It works fine but if you post when it goes live I will switch to the Edge version.

Just heard from Microsoft, and our new Edge extension got approved!! https://microsoftedge.microsoft.com/addons/detail/mlgfkomgahokngbmaafecohbdjnenppa

It's the same 2.4.7 verison seen on the others (for now). :)

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,922
    Overdrawn said:
    Overdrawn said:

Just heard from Microsoft, and our new Edge extension got approved!! https://microsoftedge.microsoft.com/addons/detail/mlgfkomgahokngbmaafecohbdjnenppa

It's the same 2.4.7 verison seen on the others (for now). :)

Thanks. I've switched although my wishlist is still syncing using the new Edge extension.

Thanks again.

This discussion has been closed.