Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on

Comments

• AtiAti Posts: 9,083
    3dOutlaw said:

Are you able to add a minimum/maximum price to the Daz Deals options?

What do you mean? You can set up notifications per product, and enter a specific amount, below which you get notified.

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

I mean if I am looking for products, set a minimum amount and maximum amount that won't show in the results (like hide PC+ items, but hide items >$7.00, or hide items <$1.98, etc)

Like right now I need an item around $5.50 or more to trigger my coupon...but if I search all, I neel to scroll like 1,000s of items to get to that amount and browse from there.

I guess I figured out a way to manage it, I chaged to show:120, and then changed the URL to about page 118 and that was about the minimum price.  I'll need to remember this  :-)

We don't have a filter like that at the moment. The way you found is the one I would normally suggest. Sort by price, and keep going through the pages until you get to the price-range you are looking for.

Can anyone see the historical pricing chart on this one?

https://www.daz3d.com/misty-hair-for-genesis-3-females

edited April 2020
    3dOutlaw said:

Can anyone see the historical pricing chart on this one?

https://www.daz3d.com/misty-hair-for-genesis-3-females

Yes. It's a constant $4.99 for the past year.

Post edited by Ati on

Thanks!

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

do not know how to live with this shop if there werent this nice program

thank you so much

would be very nice if there were an easy way to filter out those annoying texture and pose products that are flooding the shop

Ruphuss said:

do not know how to live with this shop if there werent this nice program

thank you so much

would be very nice if there were an easy way to filter out those annoying texture and pose products that are flooding the shop

The bets you can do at this point is to hide them, and then you won't see them in the category pages. (You can turn the "hide items" feature off to see them again.) Keep in mind that this is a very resource-intensive feature that takes a long time to run in a slower browser.

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449

Sorry if this is a known issue but whenever I page through the store items (say, 64 per page) and then click on one to look at the product page, when I hit the Back key I am taken right back to the first page instead of where I was before opening the product page. What became clear recently is that this behaviour seems linked to the DAZ Deals add-on because I've recently started using the Edge Chromium browser and installed the DAZ Deals add-on yesterday. Since I did that I am having this back-key problem again whereas before I installed the extension, I wasn't.

marble said:

Sorry if this is a known issue but whenever I page through the store items (say, 64 per page) and then click on one to look at the product page, when I hit the Back key I am taken right back to the first page instead of where I was before opening the product page. What became clear recently is that this behaviour seems linked to the DAZ Deals add-on because I've recently started using the Edge Chromium browser and installed the DAZ Deals add-on yesterday. Since I did that I am having this back-key problem again whereas before I installed the extension, I wasn't.

The addon works with the page you are on. It doesn't interfere with what page you go to, that's up to the browser itself.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    marble said:

How do you get 64? I have a choice between 60, 120 and all ... apart from that, I tried just now:

Page 5 of the shop: https://www.daz3d.com/shop/#p=5

click on Rosabel Hair for Genesis 8 Female(s) https://www.daz3d.com/rosabel-hair-for-genesis-8-females

click the Back button of my browser (Firefox 75.0), there is a very short glimpse/blink of the first page, then it settles back on the fifth page.

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    edited April 2020
    Kerya said:
    marble said:

How do you get 64? I have a choice between 60, 120 and all ... apart from that, I tried just now:

click on Rosabel Hair for Genesis 8 Female(s) https://www.daz3d.com/rosabel-hair-for-genesis-8-females

click the Back button of my browser (Firefox 75.0), there is a very short glimpse/blink of the first page, then it settles back on the fifth page.

Sorry, 60 is right.

I have Firefox too. And Google Chrome. Yet I get the opposite to you - a short glimpse of the previous page before it settles on Page 1. 

Also, if I select ALL instead of 60, again I get a glimpse of where I was in the page view before it jumps to the very beginning. I can also confirm this doesn't happen when the add-on is not installed. 

Post edited by marble on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    marble said:
    Kerya said:
    marble said:

Sorry, 60 is right.

I have Firefox too. And Google Chrome. Yet I get the opposite to you - a short glimpse of the previous page before it settles on Page 1. 

Also, if I select ALL instead of 60, again I get a glimpse of where I was in the page view before it jumps to the very beginning. I can also confirm this doesn't happen when the add-on is not installed. 

Windows 10? That is the only thing that might be different ...

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,808
    edited April 2020

Hey Overdrawn, thanks for the addon, I will check it out ^_^ and check all the settings to understand all.

Just shortly saying. the first Screenshot for "Cart" is very tiny, is that intended?

but:

should it not be hidden now?

And where is the button to hide a product?

Btw. is/could there be a option to make a button "owned" so it get also counted into the Total Value in my account? (I like to see that), like if I got something from a bundle but its not marked as counted or whatever.

Just as an idea.

Edit: the License is now gone and the Hide button aviable, seems like it just needed a moment?

Post edited by Loony on
  • UkyuuUkyuu Posts: 182

Hi ATI, 

I was wondering if there is any way for the addon to interfere with the "library" page, to show products you have brought where there is missing requirements? Or is there a way to see that somewhere in the shop too, please?

Ukyuu.

Ukyuu said:

Hi ATI, 

I was wondering if there is any way for the addon to interfere with the "library" page, to show products you have brought where there is missing requirements? Or is there a way to see that somewhere in the shop too, please?

Ukyuu.

There's a feature called "Show filter for required items and addons" which does this. Similarly to filtering to your wishlisted, or owned items (you get two more checkboxes next to these), you can filter the sales pages to items that are either base items you have addons for, or addons you have the base items for.

It's checked, but I guess it doesn't work/show for some reason ^^".

Ukyuu said:

It's checked, but I guess it doesn't work/show for some reason ^^".

Are you signed up for the email notifications, and are the signup data entered correctly in the options page?

Not sure, I reinstalled windows because a render blew my last PC,when I reinstalled Chrome, it was all there, with the options as I put them. Should I relog again?

I had just an struggle with my addon too and deleting the addon, restart firefox and then reinstall it, helped me, now it shows more filters as before, but you said you reinstalled chrome so...

MrDarck said:

I had just an struggle with my addon too and deleting the addon, restart firefox and then reinstall it, helped me, now it shows more filters as before, but you said you reinstalled chrome so...

Thanks to DAZ 3D, in the last six months I had these one-of-a-kind experiences:

- Blue screens (frequent) which makes me reinstall the whole windows on new HD.

- DAZ messed up content etc, which makes me reset my windows since there's too many hidden files etc in DAZ -_-

- Space Missing on HD, which taught me how to transmigrate my windows to one HD to a bigger one (damn, there's just too many good deals in the shop...)

- Death of ¨PC who got changed by the SAV (RAM died after messing too badly with the render settings)

So I've frequently (very frequently) refreshed my entire PC. So I'll guess that the extension has somewhat decided that it's going to work when I'll have better DAZ Skills.

My DAz does also love to kill my PC sometimes, Bluescreen inclusive and I got just for Daz3d 1 month ago a new PC. Daz3d is a very sensible software...

I install all manual, I dont trust DIM, so Files arent hidden for me, only .exe stuff like Mesh grabber.

But I should really make more backups, I find never the time for backups.

And yes DEALS... I'm afraid, when I signup to that addons Newsletter I will buy much more^^

Ukyuu said:

Not sure, I reinstalled windows because a render blew my last PC,when I reinstalled Chrome, it was all there, with the options as I put them. Should I relog again?

Are the "Email address to notify" and "Passcode" fields filled in under the option page's "Email Notifications" tab? The addon/requirement filter relies on data created on our servers (based on what items you already have), so it needs that data to work.

Ati said:
    Ukyuu said:

Are the "Email address to notify" and "Passcode" fields filled in under the option page's "Email Notifications" tab? The addon/requirement filter relies on data created on our servers (based on what items you already have), so it needs that data to work.

Indeed, once I had gone through that step again, it worked much better and showed the two options, thank you!

edited April 2020

Hey, I just signed Up for the newsletter,  entered my Email and my Passcode and pressed save, then it was "saving...." and then the button changed to "save" no message that I am now signed up or logged in or whatever, so, did I now set it up correct?

I got just this page:

https://www.daz3d.com/ltd-recommended-products?cjref=1

As Link for Flash sale, but... there is nothing in sale O_o

Thats the banner from the mail:

Post edited by Loony on
    MrDarck said:

Hey, I just signed Up for the newsletter,  entered my Email and my Passcode and pressed save, then it was "saving...." and then the button changed to "save" no message that I am now signed up or logged in or whatever, so, did I now set it up correct?

You received the passcode by email. (Remember, it's NOT your Daz login data!) If you entered that in the options page, then all should be good. For best results, remember to either sync manually every now and then (ideally after every time you add stuff to you wishlist or buy/delete something from it), or allow automatic syncing.

I checked th Auto Sync, I was just... surprised that it didnt changed to "logged in" or made a "Successful!" it just changed the button back to "save" :/

edited April 2020

Login worked, just got an mail :D

Edit: and... its your name! (@Ati) so its not Overdrawn?

Post edited by Loony on
    MrDarck said:

Login worked, just got an mail :D

Edit: and... its your name! (@Ati) so its not Overdrawn?

It's both. :) (No, I'm not schizophrenic, we're two people. :))

This discussion has been closed.