Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on

Comments

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

I don't think this is a feature, but is it possible to add a "Add All to Cart" button on the wishlist page?  Some deals seems to only show up in cart, and I maintain about 20 items in my wishlist...  There is a Clear Shopping Cart button, and a simple way to add all to cart would be nice to trigger those price reductions, and make decisions.  I will often just click through all 20 and add to cart.

Thanks again for the awesome extension!  Isn't there a donation button anywhere? 

• AtiAti Posts: 9,082
    3dOutlaw said:

I don't think this is a feature, but is it possible to add a "Add All to Cart" button on the wishlist page?  Some deals seems to only show up in cart, and I maintain about 20 items in my wishlist...  There is a Clear Shopping Cart button, and a simple way to add all to cart would be nice to trigger those price reductions, and make decisions.  I will often just click through all 20 and add to cart.

Unfortunately, that would be a dangerous button to add. When you add multiple items to the cart, you'll notice that the items are added more and more slowly. With 50 or so items, it becomes an almost impossible wait. With 100+ items, you start wondering if it'll be done before the end of the day. And finally, there comes a stage when the cart page will simply timeout. From that point on, you have no way of clearing your cart, or adding to it, or checking out. You need to contact Daz who will manually clear the cart for you, so you can start shopping again.

With this in mind, implementing a button that prevents you from shopping is not a good idea... :D

No problem, it does not take too long to press it 10-20 times. Thanks for considering!  :) 

What about the donation button? 

3dOutlaw said:

What about the donation button? 

The best thing is to use our affiliate links. Either actively click through from the email notifications, or there's a Daz ad on my website (see link in my signature), click that before buying something in the store. That way we get a small portion of the sale, and it doesn't even cost you anything extra.

I must emphasize that this is not mandatory. Anyone can use the addon without ever clicking the links. No affiliate links are embedded in the addon itself. Anyone can even use all the email notifications without clicking the links if they feel uncomfortable with the idea of affiliate links.

• Was there some kind of flash sale overnight or a daz-deal bug? I got a huge number of emails with fantastic prices on virtually every item I've tagged with price alerts. And none of them are valid.

OK, I use the email links all the time, so I guess I am helping out!  :)

• Do you get credit for the whole cart or just the items I click on? I've been going back and forth and I'm not sure how many of the items in my cart came from email links.
    Was there some kind of flash sale overnight or a daz-deal bug? I got a huge number of emails with fantastic prices on virtually every item I've tagged with price alerts. And none of them are valid.

Those prices were real. However, they were only live for about an hour.

edited February 2020
    3dOutlaw said:

OK, I use the email links all the time, so I guess I am helping out!  :)

Thank you. :)

Do you get credit for the whole cart or just the items I click on? I've been going back and forth and I'm not sure how many of the items in my cart came from email links.

Most of the cart. There are certain things that are excluded, such as gift cards and $1.99 PC+ items. You don't have to click on each item individually, once every couple of days is enough. 

Post edited by Ati on
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Curious question: is there any way possible that a deeper search such as "poses" , "resources" , "places" etc can be added to a sale category page? Maybe something like the "PlatClub Coupon", "Save6PACoupon" and "Hide PC items" are now? 

Currently via daz, you can only search via genre or figure - and it does my head in going through page after page of of a specific sale category page trying to find "environments" or "resources" and wanting to winnow out the characters or textures. 

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,703

There was something I was going to suggest but I forgot it.  Too bad there is no way to make an iPadOS app to do the same thing.

jakiblue said:

Curious question: is there any way possible that a deeper search such as "poses" , "resources" , "places" etc can be added to a sale category page? Maybe something like the "PlatClub Coupon", "Save6PACoupon" and "Hide PC items" are now? 

Currently via daz, you can only search via genre or figure - and it does my head in going through page after page of of a specific sale category page trying to find "environments" or "resources" and wanting to winnow out the characters or textures. 

We'll see what the new store will be capable of, and we'll adjust the features accordingly.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

new store???? wait, what am I missing??? (i've been offline for a good six weeks or so, not checking the forums really, cos of stinking hot summer here..) 

Ati said:
    jakiblue said:

We'll see what the new store will be capable of, and we'll adjust the features accordingly.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,703

Huh?

jakiblue said:

new store???? wait, what am I missing??? (i've been offline for a good six weeks or so, not checking the forums really, cos of stinking hot summer here..) 

Ati said:
    jakiblue said:

I am clueless too.  I just returned full time after being so long without a computer.  I was following with a phone but it is not the same without a computer.

jakiblue said:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/5347776/#Comment_5347776

• I'm having a bit of a problem with your excellent addon - Firefox version (Windows 10 here). Is this a good place to ask?

Trelligan said:

I'm having a bit of a problem with your excellent addon - Firefox version (Windows 10 here). Is this a good place to ask?

Yes, perfect place. :) What is the problem?

• twallingtwalling Posts: 241

I dunno... I have it, but it kind of annoys me when I look at a product page and see the product listed for $20 and see that it was $3.99 two days ago now.

twalling said:

I dunno... I have it, but it kind of annoys me when I look at a product page and see the product listed for $20 and see that it was $3.99 two days ago now.

Most of the features are options you can turn on or off. If the price chart annoys you, then go to the options page (by clicking the addon's icon in the browser), and disable it. You can still use the rest of the features, and this won't bother you anymore.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,571

Brilliant! Yes, many more wonderful options. This really is outstanding, Ati!

• twallingtwalling Posts: 241
    Ati said:
    twalling said:

Most of the features are options you can turn on or off. If the price chart annoys you, then go to the options page (by clicking the addon's icon in the browser), and disable it. You can still use the rest of the features, and this won't bother you anymore.

Haha, the feature doesn't annoy me, it's the price shooting back up that does.  Your plugin is great.

twalling said:
    Ati said:
    twalling said:

Haha, the feature doesn't annoy me, it's the price shooting back up that does.  Your plugin is great.

Oh. LOL. :D Well, there's nothing we can do about that. Just keep in mind that there's always another sale. And looking at the price history, you'll see just how often that item was on sale in the past. (As always, that's no indication of any future sales, but so far there have always been sales. :))

• rav4rav4 Posts: 96

When I was in Plat club, I could hover over whole graph and see the price at various points along graph. Now that I'm not in the club, this works mostly, but not on the right end side of the graph, price showing box gets cropped off at the right too soon, can't see price.

• Hello, ATI! DAZ-Deals stopped working, and my shopping on DAZ is crippled. 87(

1) I installed DAZ-Deals in Chrome. Didn't use it very much. (Chrome is set as the default browser, but I use Firefox.)

2) When the Firefox version came out, I immediately installed and started using it.

3) I was having Chrome problems, and uninstalled Daz-Deals in there - a few days ago. Almost immediately, the addon stopped working in Firefox.

Since then I have reinstalled it in Chrome, disabled and re-enabled it in Firefox, and did a few other things none of which worked.

Firefox 73.0.1 64-bit, Windows 10 Pro 10.0.18363 Build 18363

No major changes in related software, just regular updates etc. Thanks for any help!

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

Any reason why my Hide Items I Own check mark keeps unchecking itself?  It happens when I am browsing and look at an item then click back to browse it has turned itself off.

Trelligan said:

Hello, ATI! DAZ-Deals stopped working, and my shopping on DAZ is crippled. 87(

1) I installed DAZ-Deals in Chrome. Didn't use it very much. (Chrome is set as the default browser, but I use Firefox.)

2) When the Firefox version came out, I immediately installed and started using it.

3) I was having Chrome problems, and uninstalled Daz-Deals in there - a few days ago. Almost immediately, the addon stopped working in Firefox.

Since then I have reinstalled it in Chrome, disabled and re-enabled it in Firefox, and did a few other things none of which worked.

Firefox 73.0.1 64-bit, Windows 10 Pro 10.0.18363 Build 18363

No major changes in related software, just regular updates etc. Thanks for any help!

Firefox is known to be a lot slower than Chrome, so while things will work fine for you with the addon in Chrome, the same features might be slower in Firefox. Try disabling features one by one until you are satisfied with the speed. The first option I suggest you disable is the "Hide items" option, that tends to be very slow on Firefox, unfortunately.

• OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123

On Firefox, I find that the feature that shows which elements of bundles I already own no longer seems to be working.  Life is full of mystery.

• TrelliganTrelligan Posts: 56
    edited February 2020
    Ati said:

Firefox is known to be a lot slower than Chrome, so while things will work fine for you with the addon in Chrome, the same features might be slower in Firefox. Try disabling features one by one until you are satisfied with the speed. The first option I suggest you disable is the "Hide items" option, that tends to be very slow on Firefox, unfortunately.

DAZ-Deals has been working *fine* in Firefox for as long as I've had it - and I installed it as soon as it was available. It just stopped recently. I was thinking that uninstalling from Chrome somehow messed up a linked database and made it stop working in Firefox.

Question: If I unstall the addon in Firefox (haven't dared to yet) would I lose information - like my 'notification' prices? Bad enough DAZ bumped the prices down; I've still got 170 notification emails to go through. Thanks for including the link to reset my price.

The status now is that it works in Chrome - which I don't want to use - and not in Firefox.

When I open a DAZ product page in Firefox, I don't get your 'past prices' box, or 'Click to set individual notification'. When I open a Bundle item I *do* get the price per unowned item, and faded owned parts. When in a catalog or search page I don't get the 'sort by % off' option, or the great 'only owned items' and other filter options.

I've been using your addon so long that I didn't even remember which options belonged to it, or what a 'bare' DAZ page looked like. I don't like it.

Post edited by Trelligan on
    Trelligan said:
    Ati said:

DAZ-Deals has been working *fine* in Firefox for as long as I've had it - and I installed it as soon as it was available. It just stopped recently. I was thinking that uninstalling from Chrome somehow messed up a linked database and made it stop working in Firefox.

The status now is that it works in Chrome - which I won't use - and not in Firefox.

When I open a DAZ product page in Firefox, I don't get your 'past prices' box, or 'Click to set individual notification'. When I open a Bundle item I *do* get the price per unowned item, and faded owned parts. When in a catalog or search page I don't get the 'sort by % off' option, or the great 'only owned items' and other filter options.

I've been using your addon so long that I didn't even remember which options belonged to it, or what a 'bare' DAZ page looked like. I don't like it.

We don't create a separate physical database on the computer, just use the browser's internal storage area, so uninstalling it from Chrome should not have any effect on the Firefox version. I launched Firefox to see what it's doing, updated to the most recent version, and the price history is there, all seems to work fine.

That's a separate option though. Can you check to see it it's turned on?

Your firewall could be blocking that frame, but then it would also block it in Chrome, unless you have something specific installed in Firefox. If you have some sort of Firefox-specific security program, you could check its settings to make sure it allows the loading of external frames. (I've never heard of something that specifically blocks this, but it's worth a check.)

If all else fails, you could try uninstalling it completely from Firefox, restarting the browser, and installing it again. You can use the same passcode as before if you are signed up for email notifications.

• TrelliganTrelligan Posts: 56
    edited February 2020
    Ati said:

We don't create a separate physical database on the computer, just use the browser's internal storage area, so uninstalling it from Chrome should not have any effect on the Firefox version. I launched Firefox to see what it's doing, updated to the most recent version, and the price history is there, all seems to work fine.

That's a separate option though. Can you check to see it it's turned on?

Your firewall could be blocking that frame, but then it would also block it in Chrome, unless you have something specific installed in Firefox. If you have some sort of Firefox-specific security program, you could check its settings to make sure it allows the loading of external frames. (I've never heard of something that specifically blocks this, but it's worth a check.)

If all else fails, you could try uninstalling it completely from Firefox, restarting the browser, and installing it again. You can use the same passcode as before if you are signed up for email notifications.

Hmm, I was thinking that the data was held on your server - but I'm not much of a Web App guru. The options look fine, and as I said Chrome works fine. I do have blockers up, and _their_ databases change behind my back, but since only a few functions failed on Firefox...

I'll do the uninstall and reinstall and let you know.

[Edit] That worked.<whew> I was afraid that I would lose all my hard-won data, fruit of many hours slumped over a hot keyboard. Product pages, wishlist sort-by-% and all other missing features seem to be back.

<sigh> Guess that means I can start in on the 167 notifications I have left (of 400-plus) after Daz dumped the prices - for an hour. At least a third or so I already bought, so that saves me a couple of mouse clicks.

Say, while I've got your ear: Sometimes I'll put a Notification price on a product - then later find it in a bundle or that it requires something I don't have/want. What I've been doing is changing the notification value to $ 0.01. Is there a way of deleting a notification? (It won't take zero.)

Also, I sometimes receive your notice about a product I've already bought - long enough apart that there should have been no problem with updating data. So the notification stays live after a purchase? Just to be clear, this is not a major problem, not even an annoyance, though it does waste a few seconds.

Post edited by Trelligan on
This discussion has been closed.