The new Centaur 'n stuff thread - reloaded

Comments

• LasserineLasserine Posts: 65
    edited December 1969

carrie58 said:
    lasserine that looks very cool ....is it a Reality or Lux render ??

Reality to LuxRender. I have a few more works on DA http://lasserine.deviantart.com/ mostly mermaids.

• revenger681revenger681 Posts: 156
    edited December 1969

These are awesome! Curious if they'd work on mill horse 2 as well.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,946
    edited December 1969

The centaur morphs don't work on the Horse2 ,and Hemi has been tied up with real life so hasn't had the time to make a morph for the Horse2 yet ,soooo ya just keep using MilHorse for our centaurs.

• Hemi426Hemi426 Posts: 209
    edited December 1969

Hi everyone,
    I am still here. As carrie wrote I've just been busy with real life. Now I moved to a new appartment (suburb of Wiesbaden) and finally got my telephone connection. Thank you for your private messages!

edited December 1969

Yeah!!! Hemi the centaurman is in the house !!

• shanteshante Posts: 206
    edited September 2013

For anyone interested in a stand alone Centauress check out Mankahoo.com. Ali has created a lovely Centauress named Cindy. I love this figure. Ali has created a few extras for her at my requests I hope he has added to the original for purchase. She looks like his old freebie Angela1 and newer store product Ang2 (her human parts that is) and is planning on creating a male Centaur as well though not certain of that ETA.
    Here is a render of her with some added DAZ and other stuff Bling added to her to give you an idea of what is possible. She also comes with a top which I never use. Hope this is not offensive to this thread but I love this figure so much I promote it wherever and whenever I can. She really needs community support and Ali is too low profile to put her out there.

Image removed, Please post an image with nudity covered with clothing of some sort. Thanks

Post edited by Chohole on
  • AppahRaoAppahRao Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

So I found this thread after picking up Poser and DS and discarding them several times. Thanks to all for the hard work necessary to build the basic models, they worked great with your explanations! Here's the first try I've been happy enough to show. Mind you, I've a LOT to learn yet!

Pony4.jpg
    965 x 862 - 140K
    edited December 1969

She' lovely ,welcome to the madness!!

• Hemi426Hemi426 Posts: 209
    edited December 1969

AppahRao said:
    So I found this thread after picking up Poser and DS and discarding them several times. Thanks to all for the hard work necessary to build the basic models, they worked great with your explanations! Here's the first try I've been happy enough to show. Mind you, I've a LOT to learn yet!

Nice picture, I am glad you found the morphs useful.

edited December 1969

Hey Hemi ,good to see you back in the forums ,I sent you a PM,

• IVSMAIVSMA Posts: 58
    edited December 1969

Many thanks to hemi426 & adamr001 for the centaur morph! Only a little tweak & fiddle & they work just fine for Genesis.
    Here is what your morphs help me achieve!!!
    Hoping someone like midnight_stories will have a commercially available Centaur using Genesis soon.

Im_coming_at_you_like_a_dark_hairy_horse!_-_Steve_Kardynal.jpg
    1020 x 1434 - 864K
  • MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,948
    edited December 1969

I made it after 3rd try, and finaly have genesis centaur, i have been dreaming that one and now it is real. This is my adventuring party btw and behind them are mists of Ravenloft. Thanks so much for these morphs.

Storms.png
    787 x 786 - 430K
  • shanteshante Posts: 206
    edited December 1969

Thinking of getting Predatron's LowRez Horse set and wondered if this rigging set up will also work with that horse or can one also be made? Would be Sweeeeeet if possible either way!!!

edited December 1969

Maybe, i just feel like singing in my best dwarven or maybe centaur voice latest Pitbull song Timber or maybe something from Hobbit movie, those Misty mountains songs are nice. Don't know any centaur songs yet :). Found one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhIhSAG2wd0

• rsnrsn Posts: 42
    edited December 1969

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious but I can't for my life figure out how to use this centaur! What exactly do you need to do to get it working? I have the Millenium Horse and V4, and I have the Centaur that loads automatically (M4/V4 upper body, horse lower body, blanket and neck wrap)...is that the same thing or is this a totally separate deal? I ask because I really like how in the pictures, the horse body fades into the human body instead of having a big hole between the two that's covered by the blanket.

Sorry if it's a simple thing and I'm just having a duh moment, but if someone could tell me the proper way to use this morph, I would be very grateful!

edited December 1969

Umm I think you are talking about 2 seperate things,Hemi's morph is for the MilHorse,and it morphs the neck of the horse to fit V4 or M4.If you have a Centaur that loads the humanbody already attached to the horse body .......that's something different. Could you post a link or a picture ???

edited December 1969

Oops, okay, I was right then in thinking that they're totally separate things. I was referring to Centaurus M4 and [url=http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/ef-v4-centaurus-/58406[]Centaurus V4, which load a larger version of M4/V4 along with the horse body, but the attachment is weird...it relies on a wrap around the neck, otherwise there's a giant hole.

For the centaur morphs in this thread, you just load the horse and V4, then apply the morphs to each of them to remove the appropriate body parts and move around the human until its lined up with the neck?

edited December 1969

Oops, okay, I was right then in thinking that they're totally separate things. I was referring to Centaurus M4 and [url=http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/ef-v4-centaurus-/58406[]Centaurus V4, which load a larger version of M4/V4 along with the horse body, but the attachment is weird...it relies on a wrap around the neck, otherwise there's a giant hole.

For the centaur morphs in this thread, you just load the horse and V4, then apply the morphs to each of them to remove the appropriate body parts and move around the human until its lined up with the neck?

Yes for Hemi's morphs you load up the human figure and apply the morph and the MilHorse and apply the morph and then line them up,then I usually, parent V4 to the MilHorse neck1, and then lock the neck 1 on the MilHorse ,and V4 hip in the parameter tab, When you then move the figure use the MilHorse to move both. You can use the MilHorse or V4 poses with some adjustments ,but if you lock the parts you won't have V4 fly off it the wild blue yonder ....

• JastamosJastamos Posts: 96
    edited May 2014

Just for fun, here is my new image's series: Horse Wars (5 of 5)

H-Maul.jpg
    900 x 1080 - 350K
    H-vader.jpg
    900 x 1080 - 386K
    H-han.jpg
    900 x 1080 - 494K
    H-Luke.jpg
    900 x 1080 - 506K
    H-Leia.jpg
    900 x 1080 - 365K
    Post edited by Jastamos on
    edited December 1969

Thanks, fantastic! It looks and works better than any of the centaur products being sold! Absolutely love it.

• JastamosJastamos Posts: 96
    edited December 1969

Horse Wars Bonus.

H-Fett.jpg
    900 x 1080 - 436K
    edited December 1969

That is Very Nice !!

• McGrandpaMcGrandpa Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

@ Jastamos: excellent Star Wars crossovers! May The Farce Be With You! BTW, does everyone know that May the 4th 'Be With You' is Star Wars Day? ;-)

I got to get some more things shuffled around and render some more Centaur pics. I *ONLY* use Hemi426's kits to create them!!!! :cheese:

Ain't he great?! :coolsmile:

McG.

Ash-US2_009.jpg
    1180 x 885 - 236K
    edited December 1969

Very nice McG,ummm but where's her hoop?? Nice seeing you here again.

edited December 1969

It's on a pole just out of frame to the left! Heh! I was tired when I put this scene together and forgot where I left that hoop actually. Nice to find this thread and see y'all again too Carrie!

edited December 1969

rsn said:

That's pretty much it. I'd seen a couple different Centaur "kits" for sale in the stores elsewhere. I didn't like that an appliance was used to hide the joining area of human to equine. Then, finally, HEMI 426 released his Centaur kits, and it was in time for the BluesDragon Frank Frazetta art contest back in 2008. I've never actually got into using any other Centaur kit than Hemi 426's. And now he has kits out for most all the major Figure models. And really, you can easily adapt it to Dawn and others. I'll post a few pics that show the joinings pretty clear. These are old renders, but I still like em!

McG.

edited December 1969

Here are some of my rendered Centauresses using Hemi's kits. They should show the joining areas pretty clearly. I want to get back into setting up and posing Centaurs, whether I actually write a book using the characters or not. I like the Hemi Kit 'Taurs better than any others I've ever seen, even in the movies. No kidding!

Xai_Xai_003.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 230K
    Moonshadow_019.jpg
    900 x 1200 - 90K
    Mayen_Xai_04.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 293K
    Mayen_Xai_08.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 159K
    edited December 1969

Wow, nice. First 3 are great :) Elf looks really good btw.

edited December 1969

I totally agree McG that Hemi's 'taurs are the best plus they have the advantage of being able to use all the different coats for the milhorse,and the different skins,and morphs that you already have for your human half ,which you don't get with most of the other work arounds or the full figure centaurs I do wish Hemi had the time to make the morph for Milhorse2 .But I know life goes on and frequently takes over.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,242
    edited December 1969

Would appreciate a Genesis update.

But it's kinda/sorta doable without. This is Genesis with the DAZ Horse 2, and a fair amount of postwork.

pagecoins-post.jpg
    600 x 1012 - 309K