The All you can Eat Sushi and Complaints Thread

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

ohhhh i need a power nap. zzzzz clunk desk

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

I found my black flash drive under a black folder. No wonder I couldn't see the drive.

I like how the drive is slightly faster than the external mechanical USB drive except when I save files to it.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Melbourne traffic is back to normal today, my cab is inching along the freeway rather than standing still for a half hour at a time. Hmmm another driver with a squared off haircut at the back, think they all must go to the same place :)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited January 2014

...bugger, reminder bots must be partying with our elected officials who are on recess.

Skiriki, That is good news.

Once I get the acknowledgement of my health coverage from the state, I will select my PC physician and schedule an exam, stat. Slept pretty soundly for almost 11 hours last night and still woke up overtired, not good. This has happened several times.

Misty, watch out, latest forecast calls for 8 - 12" of snow in the New York area today and through the night followed by bitter cold. The motel, if it's cheap enough, may not be a bad idea as most likely transit services will seriously impacted. Surprised they didn't ask everyone to go home early. I once got snowed in at my old High School when a storm off Lake Michigan buried the city with 13" of heavy wet snow in less than 4 hours. Was helping other students & faculty get their cars unstuck so they could get home. About 8 of us were left behind and had to hold up there.

tjohn, same weakness here, love my spuds and have a lot of ways to prepare them. Must be my Polish side.

Well as I mentioned on the other thread, sorted out all the coinage from the change jar/tin stash I have. By rough estimate looks like it will be just over 200$ (crikey, what a packarat). the largest jar weighed nearly 50#.

Made an arrangement with a friend for a ride tomorrow so I can take it all down to the bank, have it counted (they have one of those counting machines) and then deposit it all in my account (haven't exhausted it so I can still take advantage of such services).

That will help for a while.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    waz that awful sound. ghastly even. alarm clock? noooooo

i have to leave in 15 minutes but i'm still under the blankets cowering from the cold.

Tuesday was good, you will enjoy it. Wednesday: meh too busy, will be glad when it is over, or at least closer to sunset :)

Toosday? Whensday? tee hee

the snow is started. oh boy. if they hand out blankets, i'd sleep in the office tonight.
    actually, there's a la quinta hotel right next door, if it's less than i make in a day + bus fare, might be worth it to stay there tnite.

Wednesday is going slow for me when it should be double timing so I dont have to go out in the heat tomorrow. No chance right now :)

edited December 1969

made it home. cold ouchy hurty. they stopped bus service at 6pm, i just made it in time, bus was crawling. people are being stranded.

edited December 1969

...good you made it home safe.

Just got home from the laundry trip.

Cheapie dinner tonight, grilled cheezy with pan fried Mexican seasoned noodles (topped with cheeze and Tapitio™)

edited December 1969

grilled cheese sounds cozy warm :)

i'm on my 2nd cuppa tea trying to warm up.

edited December 1969

this guy has a armful, lol

untitled1.jpg
    919 x 429 - 177K
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

It was only free if you like them on Facebook or Twitter...on which I have no accounts.

Dana

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

It was only free if you like them on Facebook or Twitter...on which I have no accounts.

Dana
    I'm on Facebook, but I'm still no-account. :)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Dana
    well actually I didn't sign into facebook
    do not on desktop only android
    I just closed the FB window and opened an account with hitfilm and they emailed me serial

but I did share it on FB later as thought was cool offer

edited December 1969

Snow! Diane left work at 4:00 and didn't get home until about 5:20. I was so worried. It was really coming down heavy at the time. Her commute is normally about 45 or 50 minutes. Looks like I'll have some serious shoveling to do tomorrow.

Good for you, Skiriki!

Glad you made it home safely, Misty!

Fifty pounds of coins? Wow!

Dana

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

I'm on Facebook, but I'm still no-account. :)

That's not true.

Dana

edited January 2014

DanaTA said:
    Snow! Diane left work at 4:00 and didn't get home until about 5:20. I was so worried. It was really coming down heavy at the time. Her commute is normally about 45 or 50 minutes. Looks like I'll have some serious shoveling to do tomorrow.

Good for you, Skiriki!

Dana

...looks like it's grown into a monster storm, 8 - 12" in many areas.

Yeah huge jar, Surprised it didn't crack under all that weight.

When I was still working I was one of those who would pull a bunch of change out of the pocket after getting home and say. "meh," then toss it in a jar.

After about 15 years of doing so, I guess it added up.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited January 2014

Dog day here, warm and getting warmer, is good to be home again :)

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    DanaTA said:

Good for you, Skiriki!

Dana

When I was still working I was one of those who would pull a bunch of change out of the pocket after getting home and say. "meh," then toss it in a jar.

Yup, I'm in the 8" to 12" area. That's according to last night's forecast. I'm about to go watch the news in a few minutes. We'll see if that has changed (it often does in New England).

Dana

edited December 1969

made it home. cold ouchy hurty. they stopped bus service at 6pm, i just made it in time, bus was crawling. people are being stranded.

You can have some of our hot but the buses stop working here as well :)

wwm.png
    225 x 196 - 18K
    edited December 1969

Rainbow Lorikeets lunching on our pear tree tonight :)

3.jpg
    990 x 743 - 101K
    2.jpg
    990 x 743 - 92K
    1.jpg
    990 x 743 - 93K
    0.jpg
    900 x 675 - 221K
    edited December 1969

...when it gets to around 85° - 90°, our LRT system here is restricted to 30mph on the few "high speed" segments of the system. Makes for some serious delays during the commute times. On those days, it was actually faster than the train to take the bus from the suburb I worked in to downtown (and unlike the trains, it never was crowded to the point anyone had to stand).

Even on "normal" days I'd often get to the transit mall a few minutes ahead on he bus, as the train becomes a slow lumbering "streetcar" once it emerges from the West Hills tunnel and through downtown.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

...colourful.

Leela says "pretty".

Well 01:05 here, time to turn in for the night. laundry is done for another week or so.

All who are dealing with the snow take care.

Nite all.

smiley-sleep018.gif
    45 x 30 - 7K
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Very pretty birds!

Dana

edited December 1969

Well, we're at 9.9 inches of snow so far. It's 4:10 am, 12 F and feels like -2.

I'm going to bed. Stayed up way too late. I have been trying to get to bed earlier. That isn't working out, it's going in the other direction. :shut:

Dana

• IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,578
    edited December 1969

Teen Jayden ate all the awesome sales that were happening ... storing them in his pectoral muscles I suspect.

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:

Very pretty birds!

Dana

Fruitbats are having dinner right now, haven't worked out a way to photograph them they skedaddle from any lights at all :)

edited January 2014

Have to rig a fruitbat model I guess. Parrots are easy, bats have those amazing wings...

batsml.jpg
    474 x 320 - 20K
    parrot2sml.jpg
    1500 x 915 - 180K
    p.jpg
    1500 x 628 - 175K
    Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

what was the ice planet in empire strikes back? Hoth?

not going outside today. nuh uh

untitled1.jpg
    671 x 533 - 116K
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Dog day here, warm and getting warmer, is good to be home again :)

Buppy day!!! :)

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    DanaTA said:

Good for you, Skiriki!

Dana

Yup, I'm in the 8" to 12" area. That's according to last night's forecast. I'm about to go watch the news in a few minutes. We'll see if that has changed (it often does in New England).

Dana

Thanks. hopes Diane is warming up quick. brr brrr

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Lorikeet day!! :) looks like she snuck up on it. certainly a suspicious look in her eye

This discussion has been closed.