The All you can Eat Sushi and Complaints Thread

1131416181950

Comments

  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 35,026
    edited January 2014

    i need some practice with perspectives.

    but last day of vacation needs a trip to cheesecake factory. it's hard to gain weight with the diabeats, i need some cheesecake calories.


    ...sounds like you need a job as a Cheescake truck driver. ;-)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gq9sMsd7Qdg

    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 35,026
    edited December 1969

    are they really dawn bashing again? i'm not even gonna click on it.


    my favorite lace textures are in clearance at rmp.
    is called Poser Materials - Lots Of Laces
    iz no reason shouldn't work in ds, is just images with trans maps.

    my gals like dressing in lace, gents too :) hmm, no haz to wait, resting my cpu so it doesn't melt.


    ...i think it's more that a lot of people (such as myself) just don't have the money to wrap up in a new figure right now, particularly as she still has a bit of a way to go, along with having to invest in a whole new line of associated content. She bends nice and all but she still needs more in the way of morphs, skins, shapes, and clothing content (since she uses a different weight map setup making it difficult to cross fit Daz, - particularly Genesis - clothing content) to really make her more versatile.
  • starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,369
    edited December 1969

    wow, I keep confusing capital and capitol. I just told someone that I want to see the state capitol of Florida, Tallahassee. :red: The capital is Tallahassee, the capitol is the building.

    Don't get me started with capital related to shareholders' equity. Ok, now I'm totally confused. lol

  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

    Morning. A parched vista of glowy red rooftops and grimy white pavements waiting for whatever rain a dull grey sky has to offer today out my window. There were a few spots at dawn, perhaps it will rain tomorrow :)

  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 11,938
    edited December 1969

    DanaTA said:
    i need some practice with perspectives.

    but last day of vacation needs a trip to cheesecake factory. it's hard to gain weight with the diabeats, i need some cheesecake calories.

    Isn't extra weight one of the things that contribute to diabetes? Why would you want to make things worse?

    Dana

    Type 2, yes, though if the control of the diabetes is poor weightloss will result - fat is metabolised to make up for the lack of available sugar if there isn't enough insulin, and there's fluid loss as the body tries to flush out the excess sugar that can be detected for that purpose even as it is ignored for the purpose of energy.

    Nevertheless, I doubt indulging in cheesecake, cupcakes and all kinds of baked goodies is the correct course of action for a diabetic. But I'll keep further opinions to myself, I guess.

    Dana

  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited January 2014

    wow, I keep confusing capital and capitol. I just told someone that I want to see the state capitol of Florida, Tallahassee. :red: The capital is Tallahassee, the capitol is the building.

    Don't get me started with capital related to shareholders' equity. Ok, now I'm totally confused. lol

    Capital is old (british?) slang for great as well :lol:

    Post edited by ps1borg on
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

    tjohn said:
    OK. It was bugging me that there didn't seem to be a really good plane water material in DS. I was missing the way that water planes in Bryce look. I know, I could export a figure from DS into Bryce and then tweak the heck out of the materials, but I couldn't see why it couldn't be done in DS.
    DS won't do infinite planes, but by getting the right reflection, bump map and settings, refraction, etc. I thought it should be possible to get a very large plane to work along with one of Predatron's Essential Lights and Skies to simulate the water effect you get in Bryce.
    So after hours of tweaking, and using AoA's Fog Camera set to a very distant haze (1500 meters) to mask the far edge of the plane, I think I came pretty close.
    So now I have a calm blue ocean for a set in my DS Runtime. No post-work except for the signature. :)

    What do you think?

    Hey that works well, altho there is always a swell of some size on the ocean, in these parts at least :)

  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited January 2014


    your render was in poser or lightwave? ?? ??

    brain fuzzies this morning.

    One infinite light

    Ppic.jpg
    1151 x 992 - 202K
    r1.jpg
    684 x 566 - 60K
    L2.jpg
    243 x 370 - 25K
    L1.jpg
    248 x 311 - 21K
    Post edited by ps1borg on
  • MystiarraMystiarra Posts: 37,154
    edited December 1969

    smeg and zoso aren't scrabble words. but titulars is. 50point bonus :)

    01-20-14_2132.jpg
    640 x 480 - 31K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 30,317
    edited December 1969

    I have often wondered about the infinite plane I take for granted in Carrara, is it really infinite or just really big and recalculates itself as you pan towards the horizon.

  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

    I have often wondered about the infinite plane I take for granted in Carrara, is it really infinite or just really big and recalculates itself as you pan towards the horizon.

    endless in any viewport might be a better description :)

  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

    smeg and zoso aren't scrabble words. but titulars is. 50point bonus :)

    Thought plurals weren't allowed ? :)

  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 30,317
    edited December 1969

    coon

    coon.gif
    460 x 259 - 5M
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

    hehe he looks happy :)

  • RezcaRezca Posts: 2,885
    edited December 1969

    I've never gotten this message from Amazon before.... ??


    UPS attempted to deliver your package but was unable to leave the package unattended. If necessary, please contact UPS to make alternate delivery arrangements.
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 11,938
    edited December 1969

    Rezca said:
    I've never gotten this message from Amazon before.... ??


    UPS attempted to deliver your package but was unable to leave the package unattended. If necessary, please contact UPS to make alternate delivery arrangements.

    Did you request that a signature is required? If not, maybe the shipper did. I'd prefer that to what they do around here. They just leave it on the front doorstep. They don't even ring the doorbell much anymore. That might be OK for a $12 book, but when it's a $200 printer, not so much.

    Dana

  • RezcaRezca Posts: 2,885
    edited January 2014

    DanaTA said:
    Rezca said:
    I've never gotten this message from Amazon before.... ??


    UPS attempted to deliver your package but was unable to leave the package unattended. If necessary, please contact UPS to make alternate delivery arrangements.

    Did you request that a signature is required? If not, maybe the shipper did. I'd prefer that to what they do around here. They just leave it on the front doorstep. They don't even ring the doorbell much anymore. That might be OK for a $12 book, but when it's a $200 printer, not so much.

    Dana

    Not that I know of... I just did what I've always done: Add to cart, proceed to checkout.
    I did change the shipping method to 3 - 5 Business Days instead of the 2 -3 Business Days (To keep the total cost down) but I didn't see anything about signatures or whatnot.

    Post edited by Rezca on
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,954
    edited December 1969

    No, if your cells don't think there's sugar available because of the lack of insulin (insulin is a messenger chemical) then they will burn fat instead - this is bad as it releases ketones which will slowly poison you (which is why "pear drop" breath is a symptom of diabetes). Assuming I am recalling correctly.

    Yeah, ketoacidosis is a situation you want to avoid; it is harder to get in type 2, but in type 1, it is a regular killer. One wannabe-celebrity (who had acquired type 1 diabetes thru excessive alcohol consumption destroying pancreas) kicked the bucket just before Christmas in my neck of woods due to this.

    I'm currently on metformin (I got type 2), and adjusting both my diet and taking that medicine, I've lost weight. However, weight loss can help body to become re-sensitized to insulin in type 2 (which is why weight loss is advisable, if there's overabundance of it; however, if one is underweight, then getting closer to reasonable weight is certainly smart).

    In other news, my latest score of 12 hour fasting glucose was 5.0 mmol/l. Rejoice!

  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

    Skiriki said:
    No, if your cells don't think there's sugar available because of the lack of insulin (insulin is a messenger chemical) then they will burn fat instead - this is bad as it releases ketones which will slowly poison you (which is why "pear drop" breath is a symptom of diabetes). Assuming I am recalling correctly.

    Yeah, ketoacidosis is a situation you want to avoid; it is harder to get in type 2, but in type 1, it is a regular killer. One wannabe-celebrity (who had acquired type 1 diabetes thru excessive alcohol consumption destroying pancreas) kicked the bucket just before Christmas in my neck of woods due to this.

    I'm currently on metformin (I got type 2), and adjusting both my diet and taking that medicine, I've lost weight. However, weight loss can help body to become re-sensitized to insulin in type 2 (which is why weight loss is advisable, if there's overabundance of it; however, if one is underweight, then getting closer to reasonable weight is certainly smart).

    In other news, my latest score of 12 hour fasting glucose was 5.0 mmol/l. Rejoice!

    *\0/* *\0/* *\0/* *\0/* *\0/* *\0/* *\0/* *\0/* *\0/* *\0/* *\0/* *\0/*
    ^
    |
    rejoicing

  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

    Rezca said:
    DanaTA said:
    Rezca said:
    I've never gotten this message from Amazon before.... ??


    UPS attempted to deliver your package but was unable to leave the package unattended. If necessary, please contact UPS to make alternate delivery arrangements.

    Did you request that a signature is required? If not, maybe the shipper did. I'd prefer that to what they do around here. They just leave it on the front doorstep. They don't even ring the doorbell much anymore. That might be OK for a $12 book, but when it's a $200 printer, not so much.

    Dana

    Not that I know of... I just did what I've always done: Add to cart, proceed to checkout.
    I did change the shipping method to 3 - 5 Business Days instead of the 2 -3 Business Days (To keep the total cost down) but I didn't see anything about signatures or whatnot.

    Think the same thing is going to happen to me in a couple of days, deliveries always come when I'm out and I've got something coming that's insured :(

  • MystiarraMystiarra Posts: 37,154
    edited January 2014

    waz that awful sound. ghastly even. alarm clock? noooooo

    i have to leave in 15 minutes but i'm still under the blankets cowering from the cold.

    Post edited by Mystiarra on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,421
    edited December 1969

    ps1borg said:
    Skiriki said:
    No, if your cells don't think there's sugar available because of the lack of insulin (insulin is a messenger chemical) then they will burn fat instead - this is bad as it releases ketones which will slowly poison you (which is why "pear drop" breath is a symptom of diabetes). Assuming I am recalling correctly.

    Yeah, ketoacidosis is a situation you want to avoid; it is harder to get in type 2, but in type 1, it is a regular killer. One wannabe-celebrity (who had acquired type 1 diabetes thru excessive alcohol consumption destroying pancreas) kicked the bucket just before Christmas in my neck of woods due to this.

    I'm currently on metformin (I got type 2), and adjusting both my diet and taking that medicine, I've lost weight. However, weight loss can help body to become re-sensitized to insulin in type 2 (which is why weight loss is advisable, if there's overabundance of it; however, if one is underweight, then getting closer to reasonable weight is certainly smart).

    In other news, my latest score of 12 hour fasting glucose was 5.0 mmol/l. Rejoice!

    *\0/* *\0/* *\0/* *\0/* *\0/* *\0/* *\0/* *\0/* *\0/* *\0/* *\0/* *\0/*
    ^
    |
    rejoicing
    *\0/*
    +1

  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

    waz that awful sound. ghastly even. alarm clock? noooooo

    i have to leave in 15 minutes but i'm still under the blankets cowering from the cold.

    Tuesday was good, you will enjoy it. Wednesday: meh too busy, will be glad when it is over, or at least closer to sunset :)

  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 69,989
    edited December 1969

    Congratulations Skiriki.

  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,421
    edited December 1969

    5 is amazing. For a diabetic (like myself) anything <7 is considered under control.<br /> The best I've managed is 6.5 (my last checkup). You go, Skiriki! :cheese:

    My "Achilles' heel" is carbohydrates. Mmmmm...carbs.

    th.jpg
    238 x 300 - 11K
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,954
    edited December 1969

    tjohn said:
    5 is amazing. For a diabetic (like myself) anything <7 is considered under control.<br /> The best I've managed is 6.5 (my last checkup). You go, Skiriki! :cheese:

    My "Achilles' heel" is carbohydrates. Mmmmm...carbs.

    Well... that's fasting sugars. My 2-hours-after-meal tend to linger around from 7.5 to 8.3, which is not exactly great, but according to my doc, it is well-within revised guidelines and acceptable. Buuuuut... if I shed off couple of pounds more, maybe they will settle to even better levels! Who knows!

    Confession: I just had a bit of juice, which I shouldn't have in excess, since it is liquid and shoots sugar into system like there's no tomorrow. Felt a hankering for it, because hey, pomegrenade juice! But I guess I can live with it, I ate slow-carbs for lunch, and I have fruit for evening snack.

    And thanks, everyone. :)

  • MystiarraMystiarra Posts: 37,154
    edited December 1969

    Skiriki said:
    tjohn said:
    5 is amazing. For a diabetic (like myself) anything <7 is considered under control.<br /> The best I've managed is 6.5 (my last checkup). You go, Skiriki! :cheese:

    My "Achilles' heel" is carbohydrates. Mmmmm...carbs.

    Well... that's fasting sugars. My 2-hours-after-meal tend to linger around from 7.5 to 8.3, which is not exactly great, but according to my doc, it is well-within revised guidelines and acceptable. Buuuuut... if I shed off couple of pounds more, maybe they will settle to even better levels! Who knows!

    Confession: I just had a bit of juice, which I shouldn't have in excess, since it is liquid and shoots sugar into system like there's no tomorrow. Felt a hankering for it, because hey, pomegrenade juice! But I guess I can live with it, I ate slow-carbs for lunch, and I have fruit for evening snack.

    And thanks, everyone. :)


    you can't help it if you're sweet. :)

  • MystiarraMystiarra Posts: 37,154
    edited December 1969

    ps1borg said:
    waz that awful sound. ghastly even. alarm clock? noooooo

    i have to leave in 15 minutes but i'm still under the blankets cowering from the cold.

    Tuesday was good, you will enjoy it. Wednesday: meh too busy, will be glad when it is over, or at least closer to sunset :)

    Toosday? Whensday? tee hee


    the snow is started. oh boy. if they hand out blankets, i'd sleep in the office tonight.
    actually, there's a la quinta hotel right next door, if it's less than i make in a day + bus fare, might be worth it to stay there tnite.

  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,954
    edited December 1969

    you can't help it if you're sweet. :)

    Oh yeah, I'm totally sweet inside! :)

This discussion has been closed.