[Released] 50 Advanced Seated Poses [Commercial]

Those ThingsThose Things Posts: 1,113
edited February 2020 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Hi all you beautiful people! This time I tackled those maddeningly difficult sitting poses that make you want to pull your hair out. You know the ones. 

50 poses and 50 mirrors. No broken backs, no wrenched necks, no dislocated shoulders, no twisted wrists, no hyper-sexualized silliness, just a large collection of very complex seated poses with artful mesh intersections, multiple points of contact, and hands you have to see to appreciate (see below). I covered a wide range of chair possibilites; from stools, to loungers, to couches, to sitting on the ground; and I tried to convey a wide range of emotions and feelings (ETA: with the body language. The facial expressions, if anyone is interested, are all from here:https://www.daz3d.com/fashion-editorial-poses-and-expressions-for-genesis-8-female) . As usual, custom rendered high-visibility tool tips and thumbnails, with each including the type of chair the pose was designed for. All priced for what you'd normally pay for 20 poses, because I think you're great. 

Anyway, it's finished and I'll be uploading it right after the Monday holiday. In the meantime, here's all 50 poses for you to see and imagine the possibilities...

Post edited by Those Things on

Comments

• Must ... Have ...This !

• Those ThingsThose Things Posts: 1,113

Must ... Have ...This !

Must...give...to...you...

:D

• BarzoffBarzoff Posts: 95

Just the fingers crossed pose worth to buy this set!laugh

A lot of very nice and natural poses, BTW. You're skilled.

I don't usually buy pose sets, but count me in for this one.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,996

Looking very good!

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    Barzoff said:

Just the fingers crossed pose worth to buy this set!laugh

A lot of very nice and natural poses, BTW. You're skilled.

I don't usually buy pose sets, but count me in for this one.

I agree.  But natural looking poses, especially sitting poses, would be lovely to have.

Thank you, you guys are the best, and your feedback makes my day!

• Just ..... brilliant!

• Another must-have pose set!

Just ..... brilliant!

Thank you! I really appreciate that. :)

Another must-have pose set!

Thank you so much!

• Likewise - I hardly ever buy pose sets but these ... well these are sensibly accurate. Well done. After these are finished - if you can, do more, please!

• These look great. Any chance for a male version?
  • PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

These are absolutely great, like the attention to postures that are more natural rather than exaggerated.

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

Loving the bare foot poses!

Thanks, peeps! You guys are the best. :)

• RainRain Posts: 335

These look great!  A definite purchase.

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

beautiful work.  your poses are always so well-balanced and nuanced.  and expressive.

i'll be thrilled to see these hit the store.  i don't know how many times i've picked up a pose set for a single seated pose i really liked.  and here you're offering fifty!

these are *all* really gorgeous. 

yay.  :)

j

spuffy said:

These look great!  A definite purchase.

Thank you!

jardine said:

beautiful work.  your poses are always so well-balanced and nuanced.  and expressive.

i'll be thrilled to see these hit the store.  i don't know how many times i've picked up a pose set for a single seated pose i really liked.  and here you're offering fifty!

these are *all* really gorgeous. 

yay.  :)

j

Thank you, jardine, that means so much to me. :)

• These will fly into my cart. Thank you! 

These will fly into my cart. Thank you! 

Yay! :D

• One suggestion:  List the chairs you are using in the product promos.  It will probably sell a lot better particularly the poses where the hight of the arms and the width of the chair are important to the pose. 

Good sitting poses are hard to find, and I'll likely be picking this one up also.

edited January 2020

One suggestion:  List the chairs you are using in the product promos.  It will probably sell a lot better particularly the poses where the hight of the arms and the width of the chair are important to the pose. 

Good sitting poses are hard to find, and I'll likely be picking this one up also.

I thought about doing that, but I didn't want it to seem like you would need to buy a bunch of other products to use these poses, and I figured the end user would just dial up the pose, adjust it, scaling and roating their chosen chair (or not even use a chair at all. I envisioned fairies sitting on rocks, queens on thrones, maybe even toilets or the backs of horses?) until it all came together,  Also, some of the seating I used didn't come from the Daz Marketplace. Nevertheless, I do see your point, so if anyone like you is also wondering, here are the Daz items I used to make a large bulk of these poses:

1. The high wooden stool is from here: https://www.daz3d.com/bar-interior
    2. The kitchen chair style chair is from here: https://www.daz3d.com/fifties-dinette-set
    3. The big armchair is from here: https://www.daz3d.com/the-cosy-kitsch-living-room-props
    4. The little stool with the curvy legs is the ottoman from here: https://www.daz3d.com/reading-corner (and I scaled it as necessary)
    5. The sleek stool with all the legs is from here: https://www.daz3d.com/sleek-lounge-furniture
    6. The big red chair was a Christmas freebie that I think a lot of people picked up that was called, "Comfortable Chair" I think?

The Chesterfield couch was an internet freebie, and the bent metal chair I made myself in Blender. I think that's all the chairs, unless I missed any. 

Post edited by Those Things on
  • gorgeous poses!! i love realism and i think you've nailed it.

• I don't buy many pose sets, but these look wonderful and will be an instabuy.

gorgeous poses!! i love realism and i think you've nailed it.

Thank you so much, Belladzines!

I don't buy many pose sets, but these look wonderful and will be an instabuy.

Thank you! I look forward to seeing what you'll make with them. :)

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252

Waiting patiently...only because I do not have a choice.

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,016
    As with all your other pose set, these looks exquisite and a must buy once they come out! Wonderful job!
  • manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,395
    These look great. Any chance for a male version?

+1!