[Released] 50 Advanced Seated Poses [Commercial]

Comments

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

nice renders but i miss a little bit of weight impact on the contact area

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,131
    edited February 2020

In this scene, I used Robyn 8 head 100% but only used her body partially, to make it easier to adjust the pose. She is in Miranda's Ice Cream Parlor. I think her subtle expression is quite seductive. The milkshake is an Allen Art freebie (no longer available, last I heard).

I think this is the best pose set I have ever purchased! They all look very natural. 

Robyn 8 Stool Ice Cream PS.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
    edited February 2020

Ruphuss said:

nice renders but i miss a little bit of weight impact on the contact area

Feel free to demonstrate! We need more images here.

• nattaruknattaruk Posts: 524
    edited February 2020

I've noticed a minor problem; the thumbnails for the 039 poses are incorrect. They look to be the same pose as 041? 

This is the actual pose:

pose problem.PNG
    751 x 475 - 313K
    pose.PNG
    742 x 549 - 212K
    Post edited by nattaruk on
  • nattaruk said:

I've noticed a minor problem; the thumbnails for the 039 poses are incorrect. They look to be the same pose as 041? 

This is the actual pose:

This was pointed out to me a few days ago, and I've already submitted an update. Should be along shortly. It's just a thumbnail artwork mistake, the actual poses are unaffected. blush

• barbult said:

In this scene, I used Robyn 8 head 100% but only used her body partially, to make it easier to adjust the pose. She is in Miranda's Ice Cream Parlor. I think her subtle expression is quite seductive. The milkshake is an Allen Art freebie (no longer available, last I heard).

I think this is the best pose set I have ever purchased! They all look very natural. 

Wow! That is verrrrry nicely done.

• Those ThingsThose Things Posts: 1,113
    edited February 2020
    barbult said:

I'm working on  a new scene with a different pose, but I've run into a problem with the legs intersecting on the base G8F shape.

Ah yes, this is one of those places where I intersected the mesh on purpose (the "artful mesh intersections" mentioned in the product description). When I make these poses, I have to do this in order to accomodate--in the absence of soft-body collision capability in Daz Studio--the way a person would actually sit, and what would happen when the calf smashes up against the thigh. I know some pose designers would try to float that calf on top of the thigh so it didn't intersect, but it never looks natural when you do that. When one sits with a leg draped over the other, the flesh smashes together and flattens. Currently, the best way to simulate that is with careful mesh intersections like this, followed by some minor adjusting in post.

Post edited by Those Things on
  • fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

@Those Things "one of those places where I intersected the mesh on purpose (the "artful mesh intersections"

FWIW, I agree. That pose looks much more natural than a "floating" calf. I was going to comment on @Barbult's post that it looked pretty natural to me.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,725
    barbult said:

I'm working on  a new scene with a different pose, but I've run into a problem with the legs intersecting on the base G8F shape.

Ah yes, this is one of those places where I intersected the mesh on purpose (the "artful mesh intersections" mentioned in the product description). When I make these poses, I have to do this in order to accomodate--in the absence of soft-body collision capability in Daz Studio--the way a person would actually sit, and what would happen when the calf smashes up against the thigh. I know some pose designers would try to float that calf on top of the thigh so it didn't intersect, but it never looks natural when you do that. When one sits with a leg draped over the other, the flesh smashes together and flattens. Currently, the best way to simulate that is with careful mesh intersections like this, followed by some minor adjusting in post.

If someone has purchased Zev0's https://www.daz3d.com/bend-control-for-genesis-8-female-s-46267 would that help 'squish' the shin just a tad?

Mary

• barbult said:

If someone has purchased Zev0's https://www.daz3d.com/bend-control-for-genesis-8-female-s-46267 would that help 'squish' the shin just a tad?

Mary

I don't know, but I would think that Mesh Grabber would do the trick nicely? https://www.daz3d.com/mesh-grabber  

barbult said:

I see. I ran into trouble because of trying to use dForce, which doesn't like intersecting stuff at all. My solution was to switch to a different pose and a different dForce garment.smiley

barbult said:

Mary

I don't know, but I would think that Mesh Grabber would do the trick nicely? https://www.daz3d.com/mesh-grabber  

I love Mesh Grabber, but I haven't found a way to use it to handle this kind of posed situation. It doesn't have a way (yet???) to isolate the changes to specific geometry or to mask out geometry. The influence radius will extend to the other leg, moving the flesh of both legs. 

• Those ThingsThose Things Posts: 1,113
    edited February 2020
    barbult said:
    barbult said:

I see. I ran into trouble because of trying to use dForce, which doesn't like intersecting stuff at all. My solution was to switch to a different pose and a different dForce garment.smiley

I couldn't agree more, dForce hates intersections almost as much as I love dForce. Why dForce? WHHHYY? 

ETA: I suppose in that pose that you cited, you could pull the lower leg down just until it didn't intersect, then run the dForce simulation, then apply the original pose again after the simulation was done, to move the leg back into position. It's an extra step or two, but maybe it would work.

Post edited by Those Things on
    edited February 2020

Here is another I did last night with Lee 8. The pose applied surprisingly well to him. I only had to adjust the right shoulder a bit to get his right hand out of his left arm. I dressed him in a bunch of strange and unrelated clothing and accessories, just to try things out.

Rainy Day Gloom

Lee 8 leaning on chair back_003 PS.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 2M
  • That looks great! I wonder if he knows that he dropped his fork? laugh

That looks great! I wonder if he knows that he dropped his fork? laugh

You noticed!

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

That could explain the dour visage.

Sigurd said:

I think you have come up with a good explanation for why his back is turned to his food. He is looking for the server, to flag him/her down to get a new fork!

• barbult said:
    Sigurd said:

I think you have come up with a good explanation for why his back is turned to his food. He is looking for the server, to flag him/her down to get a new fork!

Looking at his right hand, he doesn't seem to know how to use a knive either.laugh

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,725

The scene reminds me of a small brunch resturant near the Denver Art Museum, and so busy and at times, you are looking for your server, or anyone will do!

Fantastic food, but boy, busy...

edited February 2020
    Barzoff said:
    barbult said:
    Sigurd said:

Looking at his right hand, he doesn't seem to know how to use a knive either.laugh

LOL! laugh

I guess he is cutlery challenged.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,552
    fastbike1 said:

@Those Things "one of those places where I intersected the mesh on purpose (the "artful mesh intersections"

FWIW, I agree. That pose looks much more natural than a "floating" calf. I was going to comment on @Barbult's post that it looked pretty natural to me.

I agree as well! nice work on the poses!

• fastbike1 said:

I agree as well! nice work on the poses!

Thank you, Michael!

• barbult said:
    Barzoff said:
    barbult said:
    Sigurd said:

LOL! laugh

Yeah! Now I'm afraid to see him drinking, especially with a straw. laugh

Barzoff said:
    barbult said:
    Barzoff said:
    barbult said:
    Sigurd said:

LOL! laugh

I might take that challenge!

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,117
    barbult said:

Here is another I did last night with Lee 8. The pose applied surprisingly well to him. I only had to adjust the right shoulder a bit to get his right hand out of his left arm. I dressed him in a bunch of strange and unrelated clothing and accessories, just to try things out.

Rainy Day Gloom

It doesn't look gloomy so much as it looks like he's trying to remember who he was supposed to kill today.

• Gordig said:
    barbult said:

Rainy Day Gloom

It doesn't look gloomy so much as it looks like he's trying to remember who he was supposed to kill today.

It doesn't matter if he can't remember who he is supposed to kill. He dropped his weappon, anyway. Now he is uncovered.

Maybe I should stop mocking him since I could be his next target. Time for me to find a pizza that i could eventually use as a shield.laugh

• RainRain Posts: 335
    barbult said:

Rainy Day Gloom

Very well done scene.  Your lighting, etc is spot on, I struggle with that.  I bought the poses when they first came out but I’m not at home so I haven’t been able to play with them, seeing renders like this makes me anxious to return.

spuffy said:
    barbult said:

Rainy Day Gloom

Very well done scene.  Your lighting, etc is spot on, I struggle with that.  I bought the poses when they first came out but I’m not at home so I haven’t been able to play with them, seeing renders like this makes me anxious to return.

Thanks, the poses are excellent. You will enjoy them.

edited February 2020
    Barzoff said:
    barbult said:
    Barzoff said:
    barbult said:
    Sigurd said:

LOL! laugh

You were right. He can't handle a straw either! This, of course, is not exactly a pose from the set, but it evolved from there.

Lee 8 Eye Poke PS.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 2M