[Released] 50 Advanced Seated Poses [Commercial]

Comments

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,750

I love checking in on this thread! There are always so many excellent renders and the work from everyone is inspiring and I love the poses, but the characters, clothing, accessories, hair, and their sets. So wonderful. Such a joy.

@Daventaki and @MelanieL for the great work and of course @Those Things for a product that keeps on giving.

Mary

• BarzoffBarzoff Posts: 96

Sometimes, a beautiful pose can inspire one to do some lighting experiment. wink

Bridget WinterBlack Sanctuary Sunset.jpg
    2354 x 1712 - 2M

@Barzoff, that is incredibly beautiful and peaceful. I felt my heart slow down when the image formed on my screen.

Thank you,

Mary

• BarzoffBarzoff Posts: 96

@Barzoff, that is incredibly beautiful and peaceful. I felt my heart slow down when the image formed on my screen.

Thank you,

Mary

You're welcome, Mary.

Glad you like it.smiley

• Those ThingsThose Things Posts: 1,113
    Barzoff said:

Sometimes, a beautiful pose can inspire one to do some lighting experiment. wink

Wow, that's gorgeous!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    edited March 2020

I tried using one of the seated poses with an extreme morph. This is 50% Girl 7 (transferred to G8F) and 50% Girl 8. I found the best way to adjust the pose was to do it incrementally from the Base G8F shape, about 20% at a time. That let me see how it was supposed to be posed and make small changes to bring it back into position. I also used various morphs to squeeze in the breasts so they didn't intersect the arms so much. The pose is ASP Pose 041. I adjusted the head and eyes to look at the camera.

The list of products used is here in my Gallery.

Girl 6 and 8 50 50 Seated on Floor_008 PS.jpg
    2600 x 2000 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • RainRain Posts: 335
    barbult said:

I tried using one of the seated poses with an extreme morph. This is 50% Girl 7 (transferred to G8F) and 50% Girl 8. I found the best way to adjust the pose was to do it incrementally from the Base G8F shape, about 20% at a time. That let me see how it was supposed to be posed and make small changes to bring it back into position. I also used various morphs to squeeze in the breasts so they didn't intersect the arms so much. The pose is ASP Pose 041. I adjusted the head and eyes to look at the camera.

She's so cute!  Love the scene.

barbult said:

Adorable! And all the little details are spot on.

• RainRain Posts: 335

I’m loving the poses!  I have to do a teensy bit of fiddling because I tend to use mixed characters, but they look so natural they’re a pleasure to work with. 

Finally on my iMac, the iPhone didn't do this justice. @Barbult, your newest portrait is just a treat for the eyes. 

Mary

spuffy said:

I’m loving the poses!  I have to do a teensy bit of fiddling because I tend to use mixed characters, but they look so natural they’re a pleasure to work with. 

Thank you so much! I'm glad you like them. :)

edited March 2020

Thanks for the comments, spuffy, Mary, Those Things! I did another one while I had the porch environment set up. This pose started as ASP Pose 050 Genesis 8 Female. I modified the left arm to pet the cat and the head to look at the cat. I like the way she is grabbing her leg to support herself as she bends down to pet the cat. It seems that Advance Seated Poses has a pose for every situation. I find them inspiring. I usually pick a pose and create a scene around it.

The list of products used is in my gallery again. This scene uses the new dForce Corporate Hair.

G8F Autumn Cottage Porch_014 SOx2 PS.jpg
    2000 x 1440 - 2M
    edited March 2020

@barbult, I saw your render after I had shut down my computers and was on my iPad. I wanted to see the original pose #50 and compare it to your version. You did an incredible adaptation, and I think it could be consider 50b. If Those Things ever considers doing an add-on to this set of upper-body adjjustments inspired by your work and others. 

I did a pretty much straight pose 50, just moved the right thumb a tad, to make it look like she is reaching for her shoe next. I wanted folks who don't have the pose pack to see just the feat you have accomplished.

Most of the furniture is from https://www.daz3d.com/interior-furniture-03 and the background from https://www.daz3d.com/interior-vignette-01. I used shaders from https://www.daz3d.com/unique-fabrics-shaders-and-merchant-resource for the pillows. The sofa stool fit pose 50 perfectly. 

(There is nothing worse than being in the middle of a post and the forum or Google signing you out, yet showing you are signed in.)

Mary

Pose 50 Getting Ready for the Run.png
    1600 x 1600 - 4M
    Post edited by memcneil70 on

@memcneil70, nice to see the real pose 50 on display! I like what you did with the pillow shaders. I always like to change things up a bit, too.

Thanks, I am going to have to figure out how to categorize this, and just a few other pose sets as favorites to easily find them, regardless of character, since they work nicely for G8M too.

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited March 2020

I finally finished this image.  It didn't turn out quite the way I have envisioned.  I had to tweak the pose to adjust her head so they couple would be looking at each other.  Minor adjustments to her hands as well.  I am used to tweaking poses but I have to say with this pose set the tweaks are minor.

Getting Ready.png
    927 x 1500 - 2M
    Post edited by Kismet2012 on

Kismet2012, I find the interaction of the two characters riveting. The use of this pose, the shaders as you documented in the other thread, and the unspoken tension just begs for the history or the start of a wonderful future of an older couple so in love.

More beautiful renders! This thread is wonderful. :)

edited March 2020

I wanted to use Design Anvil's free fancy chair, so what better to do than use an ASP pose on G8F? This is Carina with ASP Pose 029 Mirror. I adjusted the legs so the feet meet the floor properly with the shoes I chose, and then selected a camera angle that didn't even show the feet on the floor. Oh well. I used Mesh Grabber to push the chair seat down where her legs meet the seat. 

Carina ASP Pose 029 Mirror DA Chair PS.jpg
    1800 x 1350 - 1M

Ooooh that is a nice chair, and it dipped so well my first thought it was dForce! Barbult I love this. You did a wonderful example of its possibilities. Love the pose and reflection.

I have to spend more time with mesh grabber, seats on chairs and sofas so often look like stiff blocks. Thank you for giving me a goal to aim for.

Mary

Ooooh that is a nice chair, and it dipped so well my first thought it was dForce! Barbult I love this. You did a wonderful example of its possibilities. Love the pose and reflection.

I have to spend more time with mesh grabber, seats on chairs and sofas so often look like stiff blocks. Thank you for giving me a goal to aim for.

Mary

The hair and dress are dForce, but not the chair. The chair is a freebie. You can find a link to it here. I  like the way the mirror reflection worked out, too. I used Reflection Designer to line up the camera. Thanks for your kind comments, Mary.

I just cannot seem to leave these poses alone.  Minor adjustments to both characters to accomodate the unusual "ground" they are sitting on.

Title:  Timeout

I just cannot seem to leave these poses alone.  Minor adjustments to both characters to accomodate the unusual "ground" they are sitting on.

Title:  Timeout

I know what you mean! Lovely image and curte idea.

Immediately chuckled when I saw it and the caption! 

Very timely as so many families speak about spending 'too' much family time together now.

So glad you liked it @barbult

We all need a good chuckle now and again @memcneil17.  So happy you saw the humour.

edited March 2020

Here we go again. 

Made some minor adjustments to the leg and feet to accomodate the stool.  Also had to make some adjustments to the fingers to keep them from intersecting with the fabric.

This is my OC Arnia.  She is so great to work with.  Whenever I am stuck she seems to come through for me.

Arnia March 2020 Portrait full.png
    927 x 1500 - 1M
    Post edited by Kismet2012 on

Here we go again. 

Made some minor adjustments to the leg and feet to accomodate the stool.  Also had to make some adjustments to the fingers to keep them from intersecting with the fabric.

This is my OC Arnia.  She is so great to work with.  Whenever I am stuck she seems to come through for me.

I love it!

YAY!!!Chicken Dance

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621
    edited March 2020

Forgot to post this here!  Only adjustments were to the head, hands and feet because of the chair height and clothing.

Post edited by Daventaki on
  • DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621
    edited March 2020

@Those_Things I dont know if your aware but im getting the wrong pose for #39 attached image to show what im getting. #41 is the correct pose so I think the icons got messed up. Blue out baby because no clothes atm.

Image2.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 405K
    Post edited by Daventaki on