[Released] 50 Advanced Seated Poses [Commercial]

Comments

• fastbike1 said:

People that are very overweight won't be in a lot of those poses anyway.

barbult said:

They look absolutely great. They are so intricately positioned, it looks like it would be very difficult to adjust them for other G8F body morphs. Do you have any plans to accommodate any popular G8F FBMs?

Some of them are quite advanced, to be sure, and the further from the base mesh your target figure is, the more challenging the adjustments. But I did test these to see on quite a few fairly standard figures, and adjusting them went fairly smoothly. The only figures I had trouble with, or outright couldn't make happen for some, were overweight or particularly full-figured figures. And many of the poses are actually simple to adjust. 

You're probably right about that. That said, these will also be a bit more challenging to adjust if your character is particularly...busty wink. But I'm guessing a lot of the folks that work with characters proportioned in that way have learned to use deformers or have custom morphs. No matter what though, there's 50 poses in the collection, so I've no doubt that finding one you like for your character won't be too hard. 

I also imagine these will be popular with portrait artists!

That's gotten quite a bit easier to handle with the mesh grabber.  In the cart, will be checking out when I go home tonight.  Can't use anythng until then either way.

• ReneWReneW Posts: 123

Great set of poses!  They flew right into my cart.  I'd love to see male poses, too.  Looking forward to seeing more poses from you.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited February 2020

Here's a quick use of one of the poses (a minor tweak of legs to cater for boots/ground, etc.

Peache Posed.jpg
    1600 x 2071 - 1M
    Post edited by SimonJM on
  • Ah! This is so great to see! Love the chair you chose, too. Great job!

• nattaruknattaruk Posts: 524

This is a pose I can relate to...

Title: One of Those Days

Slight tweaks given to the arms and head, but I would be challenged to make this from scratch so many thanks for this set.

• Oh man, I know how she feels...

Great render! I also really like that facial expression. I can feel her fatigue.

• I also really like that facial expression. I can feel her fatigue.

Speaking of which, perhaps an expression add-on to go with the pose set as one of your next projects smiley

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

Oh, I bought it right away. I don't do overweight models or unrealistically busty ones either. By far the best set of sitting poses available.

fastbike1 said:

People that are very overweight won't be in a lot of those poses anyway.

barbult said:

They look absolutely great. They are so intricately positioned, it looks like it would be very difficult to adjust them for other G8F body morphs. Do you have any plans to accommodate any popular G8F FBMs?

Some of them are quite advanced, to be sure, and the further from the base mesh your target figure is, the more challenging the adjustments. But I did test these to see on quite a few fairly standard figures, and adjusting them went fairly smoothly. The only figures I had trouble with, or outright couldn't make happen for some, were overweight or particularly full-figured figures. And many of the poses are actually simple to adjust. 

You're probably right about that. That said, these will also be a bit more challenging to adjust if your character is particularly...busty wink. But I'm guessing a lot of the folks that work with characters proportioned in that way have learned to use deformers or have custom morphs. No matter what though, there's 50 poses in the collection, so I've no doubt that finding one you like for your character won't be too hard. 

I also imagine these will be popular with portrait artists!

Speaking of which, perhaps an expression add-on to go with the pose set as one of your next projects smiley

The G3F biometric expression products are super awesome and I would love to see G8 versions! But everything Those Things does is great and I buy them upon release.
  • The G3F biometric expression products are super awesome and I would love to see G8 versions!

I agree!

The G3F biometric expression products are super awesome and I would love to see G8 versions! But everything Those Things does is great and I buy them upon release.

Thank you! Wow, feedback like this is so amazing. I can't thank you enough. Just makes me want to work even harder. 
    I have received the request for biometric expressions for G8 so many times. Unfortunately, on the G8 figure, it won't work (to my--admittedly high--standards) as a universal. It can only work as a figure specific product, like "Biometric Expressions for Victoria 8", which narrows the audience for the product tremendously. I also tried to make Biometric Expressions work for G8 Male universally, and ran into similar problems. 

That said, I have been fleshing out an expression product that is quite different from the norm. It's only in the planning stages atm, but I think it could be something really great, if it works like I'm thinking...

• fastbike1 said:

Oh, I bought it right away. I don't do overweight models or unrealistically busty ones either. By far the best set of sitting poses available.

ReneW said:

Great set of poses!  They flew right into my cart.  I'd love to see male poses, too.  Looking forward to seeing more poses from you.

You guys are the best, thank you soooo much!

• The old theatre is silent, the few audience members long gone. The cast have gone home, leaving the dancer contemplating her future in showbiz.

Old Changing Room.png
    1822 x 1457 - 4M
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

The old theatre is silent, the few audience members long gone. The cast have gone home, leaving the dancer contemplating her future in showbiz.

Nice! and I like the mirror reflection, too.

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited February 2020

I just finished this one.  I should have allowed it to render longer but I got impatient.

Arnia 2020 Avatar.png
    1500 x 1500 - 4M
    Post edited by Kismet2012 on
  • Those ThingsThose Things Posts: 1,113
    edited February 2020

The old theatre is silent, the few audience members long gone. The cast have gone home, leaving the dancer contemplating her future in showbiz.

That's awesome! All the details...wow!

Post edited by Those Things on
  • I just finished this one.  I should have allowed it to render longer but I got impatient.

That's great! I love the way she's staring at herself in the mirror. Why didn't I think of that?

edited February 2020

Here is my first one. This is Alexandra, and you are right, I only had to make a little adjustment to her after applying the pose. 

ArchDetails Alexandra in Chair Final.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 6M
    Post edited by barbult on

So nice to see we have all chosen different poses...of course with 50 there is lots to choose from.

@barbult I think I tweaked 1 pinky finger in the pose I used.  The biggest adjustment I had to make was to the chair.  Arnia ( my OC ) is tall.

edited February 2020

Here is another one with a bigger gal and a different chair and pose. This one required a little more adjustment, but still not bad.

BGM Penny 37% seated_008 PS.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 2M
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,747

I tried three of the poses, one of them on CC Dragomir for Genesis 8 Male with CC Esmerelda for Genesis 8 Female both by Changleing Chick. The other one was P3D Fumiko for Genesis 8 Female and DAZ Cat 8. I found the poses work on the guys just fine. And somehow I have the weekend on my mind. 

Love this set.

Saturday Afternoon Small.png
    1000 x 618 - 1M
    Sunday with Friends.png
    1500 x 1500 - 2M

I tried three of the poses, one of them on CC Dragomir for Genesis 8 Male with CC Esmerelda for Genesis 8 Female both by Changleing Chick. The other one was P3D Fumiko for Genesis 8 Female and DAZ Cat 8. I found the poses work on the guys just fine. And somehow I have the weekend on my mind. 

Love this set.

I love the image at the kitchen table!

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,747

Thank you barbult, it started with testing the new texture set, then the character, then the pose, adding the chair and then simulating, then the rest, bit by bit. Building the background from the environments prop set, so nice of that PA! Add the cat tree and the cat and the HDRI and Portrait Lights. From mid-morning to afternoon - Hours, and why the other one is so simple, it only took a couple hours, as clothes had to be changed, poses tweaked, the lady is nestled into the crook of the guy's leg and foot. 

• Oh man, this is the best day ever. I love seeing what people do with these poses. 

• Same girl and place, but a different pose. I had to tweak the right arm to let it rest in the table and hold the bottle.

Old Changing Room 2_Camera.png
    1822 x 1457 - 4M

Same girl and place, but a different pose. I had to tweak the right arm to let it rest in the table and hold the bottle.

Tough day at the "office". 

Okay...I am in need of a support group.  I am totally addicted to this pose set and the Unique Fabrics Shaders set by @ARTCollaborations.  Two new images for you to consider.

• Very nice!

• barbult said:

Here is another one with a bigger gal and a different chair and pose. This one required a little more adjustment, but still not bad.

Not bad at all, very good.

edited February 2020

I'm working on  a new scene with a different pose, but I've run into a problem with the legs intersecting on the base G8F shape.

ASP Pose 005 G8F Leg intersection.jpg
    1003 x 1838 - 142K