Art & Animations By Ivy Summers

Comments

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,133
    edited December 1969

Jindi said:
    Those characters are beautiful, Ivy. I love the rich, historical feel those scenes have. The bridge rendered extremely well, and I don't think I've ever seen it before so thanks for bringing it to my attention.

I too love Merlin's models and that oak is looking good. Very versatile, which is something I look for in a model.

And... finally I had a chance to see your web comic and very much enjoyed it!

Hi Jindi
    Nerds stone bridge is a awesome prop. and it easy to change the shaders like i did with the let it snow shader.

I like to use a bunch of stuff bashed together to create environments , I think it always give a unique feel to the scenes don;t you think?

Thanks for viewing and Happy Holidays :)

edited December 1969

mori_mann said:
    Oooh, love that lightning crashing into the oak!

Thank you very much :)
    edited December 1969

John Sims said:
    mori_mann said:
    Oooh, love that lightning crashing into the oak!

Ditto. Very cool render indeed.

Thanks John :)

edited January 2014

A few test shots from my new up coming animation I'm creating with Daz Studio Pro 4.6 and Dynamic clothing
    so far dynamic clothing is winning this battle..lol
    I'll be posting some later on .
    Best viewed at full size.
    That is a older version of Valen-tina hair , not the new one that just came out

test13.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 170K
    test21.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 173K
    test11.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 138K
    Post edited by Ivy on
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Ivy said:
    A few test shots from my new up coming animation I'm creating with Daz Studio Pro 4.6 and Dynamic clothing

this a hard one to get it to drape right

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I dream of Jeni with light brown hair... PUN intended. Good stuff here.

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    Ivy said:

this a hard one to get it to drape right

Yes it is BigH I could not agree more.
    Plus Daz dynamic clothing controls does not have gravity controls or other individual physic controls like poser does so it makes it almost impossible to work with in controlling the pull of the gravity on the clothing.
    I had to create a magnet for the clothing to stick to the character, especially the arm pieces, gave me most fits.
    Using that magnet then bake it to the timeline that seem to work pretty well for when you have complex parts to drape using this clothing piece.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I dream of Jeni with light brown hair... PUN intended. Good stuff here.

lol actually she is a Dumb blonde genie that can't get the guys wishes right. :)
    Thats why the title is called "careful what you wish for"....lol Thats all I am saying.

edited February 2014

Moose & Squirrel (best viewed full sized)
    My first render using the "look at my hair"program
    Render in Daz Studio pro,

I did a little post work to get rid of some bad render artifacts in Photoshop on the Magix101 world base skyline it took 45 minutes to render using Glasseye UE2 light sphere with 2 RT light sources
    I hoping to get better at using the "look at my hair" program because i really like the results, I feel it was a great investment to add, as a must have hair tool :D
    Thanks for taking a look. ~
    1920 x 1080 @72 dpi ~222kb

PS: my genie animation is almost done waiting for some more character voices a few large scenes left to render stay tuned in :)

moose_Squirrel.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 222K
    Post edited by Ivy on
  • Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,401
    edited December 1969

Ivy said:

I did a little post work to get rid of some bad render artifacts in Photoshop on the Magix101 world base skyline it took 45 minutes to render using Glasseye UE2 light sphere with 2 RT light sources
    I hoping to get better at using the "look at my hair" program because i really like the results, I feel it was a great investment to add, as a must have hair tool :D

PS: my genie animation is almost done waiting for some more character voices a few large scenes left to render stay tuned in :)

HEY!!!, It's Rocky and Bullwinkle!. :lol:
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,220
    edited December 1969

Ivy said:

Is that a Canadian reference, or are they global? I remember watching them on TV as a kid, but I'm wondering how international the show audience would have been?

edited December 1969

Ivy said:

Is that a Canadian reference, or are they global? I remember watching them on TV as a kid, but I'm wondering how international the show audience would have been? Pretty sure it's global, at least continental. I watched that show as a kid too in the US. It was not produced in Canada; It was produced in the US. I know that.

edited December 1969

Ivy did not mention it but if you squint and blur your eyes just right Natasha and Boris are way back there under those trees. :)

edited December 1969

Ivy said:

Is that a Canadian reference, or are they global? I remember watching them on TV as a kid, but I'm wondering how international the show audience would have been? Pretty sure it's global, at least continental. I watched that show as a kid too in the US. It was not produced in Canada; It was produced in the US. I know that.

I think it was Global too. It was like one of my favorite cartoons growing up as a kid .. I believe it was created by J.Ward in the US as well

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Ivy did not mention it but if you squint and blur your eyes just right Natasha and Boris are way back there under those trees. :)

I have not had time to come up with Natasha and Boris characters :) I thought of them too.

edited December 1969

They're catching up on the gossip in between classes. ..lol
    nobody talks anymore do they..:)

Texters_3.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 171K
    Texters_1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 185K
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Ivy said:
    They're catching up on the gossip in between classes. ..lol
    nobody talks anymore do they..:)

they didn't look like that in my school :-)
    wish I could go there .

• none01ohonenone01ohone Posts: 862
    edited December 1969

bigh said:

they didn't look like that in my school :-)
    wish I could go there .

Hehe. Ditto.

edited December 1969

just shows how times have changed..lol thanks for taking a look guys :)

edited February 2014

A couple of renders I did tonight in Daz4.6
    I applied Age of Armour Subsurface shader to the characters and Bathing suites so the details looks better with the large view
    the back ground is Hobo's Cyclo-pane
    used UE2 Lighting-sphere. I custom did myself as a experiment.

Title Beach Bums

PS I am almost done rendering my genie movie so stay tuned : )

5.jpg
    1920 x 1440 - 202K
    6.jpg
    1920 x 1440 - 333K
    Post edited by Ivy on
    edited December 1969

Sexy ladies there. What hair style are you using in the red-head in the middle?

edited December 1969

Thank you very much

The red head is Marja Hair Mairy / 3Dream http://www.daz3d.com/marja-hair
    The blonde is Sienna Hair i got at rendo
    and the Brown hair one is Reby-Sky Hair http://www.daz3d.com/reby-sky-elite-hair

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

Nice work on the characters ( Beach Bums) and lighting. Which materials are you using for the skin, are they G2?

edited December 1969

Ivy said:

Thank you very much

The red head is Marja Hair Mairy / 3Dream http://www.daz3d.com/marja-hair
    The blonde is Sienna Hair i got at rendo
    and the Brown hair one is Reby-Sky Hair http://www.daz3d.com/reby-sky-elite-hair

Snagged. That Marja Hair is Tommie's proper hair style, or as close as it can get.

edited December 1969

Kharma said:
    Nice work on the characters ( Beach Bums) and lighting. Which materials are you using for the skin, are they G2?

Thank you very much for the comment and viewing.

The Beach Bum render characters are a combo of V4 and Genesis

left and right & Left are Sliver / countessa Mina http://www.daz3d.com/mina
    & right Jillian http://www.daz3d.com/jillian .
    the middle girl was by Sabby alaiyna-for-v4-and-genesis http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/sabby-alaiyna-for-v4-and-genesis/95698
    I also applied Age of Armour subsurface shader http://www.daz3d.com/subsurface-shader-base
    to each character and their bathing suites( more or less as a experiment ) and I tried to uses the softest setting i could achieve to create a soft dark tan look.
    The lights I used a custom environments lights sphere. using one secular light set at Dark Blue and one RT Occlusion light. for the shadow. I have been working with lighting what renders best and fastest , so I can apply it in animation.
    The Back-Grounds are Hobo's Cyclo-pane textures I got at ShareCg..com

edited December 1969

Hmmm... so need to PLUMB Ivy's knowledge on Animation lighting. I seem to struggle much with it. I also seem to overlook at least one item every render run and need to edit a morph or keyframe in any I render out to frames.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Hmmm... so need to PLUMB Ivy's knowledge on Animation lighting. I seem to struggle much with it. I also seem to overlook at least one item every render run and need to edit a morph or keyframe in any I render out to frames.

Welcome to the club..lol it always seems like I a miss little things that annoy the heck out of me , because i always see them after they have been rendered.lol

anytime you need help with lighting let me know . so far custom light-spheres seem to give me the best quality renders with quickest render times. ..lol well if you can call rendering 2 days or more a scene quick..lol

edited December 1969

It really comes down to number of frames. And I have learned the HARD way the shorter the scene the better, and then change Camera angle or something. Those large files are the real PITA to work with. Even on my PC.

• John SimsJohn Sims Posts: 360
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    It really comes down to number of frames. And I have learned the HARD way the shorter the scene the better, and then change Camera angle or something. Those large files are the real PITA to work with. Even on my PC.

It can help to render different sections separately and then composite. If you have unlinked foreground and background elements particularly.

I use the same camera, split up the scene and then render to individual PNG files. PNG retain the alpha/transparency info and foreground subjects remain cut out.

If you prefer to render as movie files use a plain colour for the background when doing the foreground elements and then chroma key.

Provided you retain the same camera and lights you can add more elements on subsequent layers. It can help to have a plain color representation of the scene, or at least any section the added elements interface with, to catch any shadows. Chroma keying will transfer the shadows which will have equal density once keyed.

Compositing is a spectacularly powerful tool; it's what's done in big movie productions after all.

edited December 1969

Umm... I was Only speaking on length of a single clip. I do render to PNG, and do have the ability to chroma key and all that. My issue is I'm still very new to Animation and often just do not think when I add to the project so it just grows. All your words are sage, now if only I was better and remembered to do those things before I had gone too far.