500 Pages in Content Library - Am I the first to hit this landmark?

CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745
edited December 2019 in The Commons

500 pages in my content library.  Is there a DAZ program like the Airline "Million Miler" programs?  I got a free cheeseplate and a lifetime Gold Elite membership when I passed the Million Mile mark with United, and I'm pretty sure I've spent a lot more with DAZ...   

Post edited by Cybersox on

Comments

• But have you used them all in renders? XD

• DAZ  should personally award this man with a trophy  surprise​ surprise

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

Yoiks! That's a shedload of content, Cybersox. I have trouble remembering evrything I have, and I only have 67 pages!

• Award? ... you need an intervention!!!

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

...Face Without Mouth emoticon...

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited December 2019

Damn, I'm struggling to load each character I own, at least once, never mind all the other stuff, with 94 pages.

... Lets not forget other places, although Daz is my main source, easily so.

Post edited by nicstt on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Award? ... you need an intervention!!!

laugh

• mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275
    Do you have a purple banner giving 30% off for Daz addiction therapy?
  • fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

Wow, i thought I had a lot at 137. I bow to the Master.

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,799

So, out of curiosity, which are the three DAZ products that you don't actually own? And what made you decide not to buy them?

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,091

Oh my! I thought my 183 was huge, but now I see I've been a real slacker!

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,691

+1

Wow! I feel much better about my 74 pages now (about 5 pages a year). ????

Just out of curiosity,  how do you use all that stuff. It takes me like forever to browse through my libraries to find "just the right" outfit, props, environment, hair, etc. Of course I seldom use smart content, because I seldom use only stuff made for the same generation figure. But still, while it would be amazing to have so much to choose from (your really quite fortunate to be able to afford it), I wonder if it would limit my creativity because I had too much to sort through to find what I wanted. So what's your secret for using everything??

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

I've just reached 200 so I'm exactly 300 pages behind you. 

• evacynevacyn Posts: 950

I just recently got to 164 and thought I should dial back my spending. Now that I see your post, I feel like I'm still wet behind the ears.

• You are the best shopper in Daz land. You should get bonus point for your loyalty just like in rewards card. wink

Using them could be a challenge. You probably need an app for organizing them. surprise

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140
    edited December 2019

I only have 122 pages and I've been a member of this site, under one screen name or another, and buying products for 20 years (since before Daz3D was Daz3D and was still Zygote) o.O

Laurie

Post edited by AllenArt on
  • jaxprogjaxprog Posts: 312

Damn, 500 pages!... Here I thought I was a bigger Daz spender. 

I have 121 pages and doing this since June 2013.

My installer shows just over 4600 products.

You are my hero!

• wizwiz Posts: 1,100

Congratulations!

And here I thought I was number 1 at 339.

• wizwiz Posts: 1,100
    edited December 2019

And you're a newbie: user number 264498.

I'm an elder of the tribe: user number 4887.

Post edited by wiz on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514

...wow, that certainly leaves me in the dust, and I've been at this for nearly a dozen years. Just barely coming up on my first 100 pages. 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514

mwokee said:
    Do you have a purple banner giving 30% off for Daz addiction therapy?

...yes yes

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    DustRider said:

Just out of curiosity,  how do you use all that stuff. It takes me like forever to browse through my libraries to find "just the right" outfit, props, environment, hair, etc. Of course I seldom use smart content, because I seldom use only stuff made for the same generation figure. But still, while it would be amazing to have so much to choose from (your really quite fortunate to be able to afford it), I wonder if it would limit my creativity because I had too much to sort through to find what I wanted. So what's your secret for using everything??

This is actually a good question, I'd be interested to know as well.  I struggle with finding content myself, even though I think I have it fairly well organized, and perhaps there is something new to learn.

• AsariAsari Posts: 703
    Sir you are a hero and master of the DAZ library, this is really impressive.
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745

But have you used them all in renders? XD

Ha!  Not even close. And there's a lot of older stuff that I haven't used in years, like my 3DL and Poser lights, shaders and utilities, as well as most of the pre-V4 figures era figures like Stephanie 3, Staci, the original MIl Dragon, etc, that are unlikely to be used again except to copy morphs from or use as resources for kit bashing.          

Yeah... I won't argue with that.  blush 

But... on the positive side, at least I'm not collecting something physical that will eventually pile up into huge stacks that trap me in my own house.  

sriesch said:
    DustRider said:

This is actually a good question, I'd be interested to know as well.  I struggle with finding content myself, even though I think I have it fairly well organized, and perhaps there is something new to learn.

I originally started buying DAZ and Poser for doing storyboards, animatics and rough previsualizations to communicate ideas to other artists who often don't speak English, and now I also do full illustrations for various projects. As for how it's organized... the answer is not as well as I'd like. The custom categories in Studio are great as long I take the time to actually enter everything, but I've fallen way behind on that.  Since my current render computer is using Windows 7 Ultra I'm in the process of specing out a new computer.  Once that's built, I'm going to do what I should have done years ago and create custom libraries for each specific type of product and then keep most of the older intems uninstalled and organized using P3DO Pro. 

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,074
    edited December 2019
    wiz said:

User number?

edit: Ah, never mind. I figured it out. Sometimes I'm slow.

Post edited by butterflyfish on
    edited December 2019

So, out of curiosity, which are the three DAZ products that you don't actually own? And what made you decide not to buy them?

There's an insane amount of stuff in the DAZ store, aned I only passed the halfway mark of what's currently available in October... though I do own a couple of thousand items that aren't in the store anymore.  That said, there are some things that I've pretty much stopped buying at all as they're needlessly repetitive... most notably expression packs and the endless series of sets of swords and other medeivial weapons. 

Post edited by Cybersox on
  • I am still wet behind the ears after 10 years 1264799

wiz said:

Given that I've been here since April of 2005, I certainly don't feel like a newbie.  Are you sure you're not just a Cro - Magnon?   I actually still have the old Aiko 3 and Hiro 3 T-shirts that DAZ used to sell at conventions, and the old boxed versions of DS and Bryce.           

This discussion has been closed.