Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 11

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069
    edited December 2019

adbc - thank you. Winderfully presented face, great textures and light.

mermaind - thank you.

Hansmar - thank you. Great abstracts, the first is my favorite. Excellent lighting in all of them.

The camera with the gigantic wide-angle fisheye lens looks through a tentacle of one of MatCreator's Alien Artifacts. At the end of the tentacle is a radial, in centre the Rainbow HDRI (from inside) and at the camera position a radial with negative light. The object is partly transparent and reflecting.

Light Tunnel

LightTunnel.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 363K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,955

Wow beautiful abstract Horo love the colors, I don't think I ever used a negative light in my renders, I should try it some day.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,076

Horo : thank you.

Very attractive abstract, beautiful colours.

edited December 2019

mermaid - thank you. Ernie (I haven't seen her in these forums for ages) told me once she makes her scenes very bright and then dims/paints with negative lights.

adbc - thank you.

This is MatCreator's Alien Artifact in which middle tentacle the camera was set in the above abstract. Here - obviously - from the outside.
    The HDRI was tone mapped for the anaglyph and it has no soft shadows.

Branched Tube

Branched Tube Anaglyph

BranchedTube.jpg
    890 x 1020 - 243K
    BranchedTubeAna.jpg
    890 x 1020 - 212K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,750
    edited December 2019

Mermaid, adbc, Horo: Thanks.

Horo: great idea to use the artefact for creating an abstract. Very well done and extremely colourful. The render of the artefact itself from the outside is also great.

I made a few more with my system of frames and infinite reflecting planes. I played around with my homemade lens (which I changed in size, curvature, etc.) in front of the scene, the size of the group of frames and the location of the sun.

I forgot to mention a small cube that is also in there. It provides the small (light blue) blocky forms. I added a picture of the set-up.

bluegrid6.jpg
    875 x 875 - 292K
    bluegrid7.jpg
    875 x 875 - 283K
    bluegrid8.jpg
    875 x 875 - 292K
    bluegrid9.jpg
    875 x 875 - 221K
    bluegrid abstract scene.JPG
    990 x 936 - 204K
    Post edited by Hansmar on

Horo - great renders, the anaglyph is awesome.

Hansmar - beautiful abstracts, thanks for sharing the setup.

edited December 2019

Horo : Alien Artefact : superb render and anaglyph.

Hansmar : Excellent abstracts.

Tried fantasy for a change. The creature is "swamp dragon" from Catamaran-Cygany.

fantasy island.jpg
    798 x 499 - 75K
    Post edited by adbc on

Hansmar - thank you. Very well done abstracts. The second one looks like tunnel and people walking towards the light, the exit.

mermaid - thank you.

adbc - thank you. Now this is a very nice fantasy scene with that "swamp dragon". The sky fits the scene beautifully.

Horo : thank you !

• Dan WhitesideDan Whiteside Posts: 497
    edited December 2019

Don’t get around here as much as I’d like but I always enjoy seeing everyone’s images. Love all the landscapes, especially the ones by Hansmar and Horo.

Here’s one from me “Meet me new matte - Archie!”.

Content from DAZ3D, poised in DS 4.6.

Some minor modifications to Stonemason’s “Streets Of Old London” model done in Modo and Photoshop.

Main illumination by a single Dome light and a “sunrise” Use Sky IBL. Street lights and Archie’s chest light are ranged radials.

Staged in Bryce 7.1 Pro. Rendered at 64 RPP, TA enabled. About 4.5 hoirs to render.

Thanks for taking a look!

Bryce Gallery: https://postimg.cc/gallery/10dulcbue/

Voyager 4 Gallery: https://postimg.cc/gallery/16xw3g6au/

me_new_matte.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 234K
    Post edited by Dan Whiteside on

Dan - Great image, excellent POV and lighting. Cool guy, Archie. And yes, the blueish haze is a cool idea, too.

edited December 2019

Adbc – very nice render, the materials and atmosphere are perfect for the scene.

Dan – magnificent render, I agree with Horo lighting is awesome.

I don’t think I used this model by Chris34 although I had it for ages. The lighting is from one of the skies from Landscapes under Fantastic Skies.

Louisiana-Princess-Chris-34.jpg
    900 x 450 - 366K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited December 2019

mermaid - you present the paddle wheel steamer very nicely. Sky and water fit the scene excellently.

I spent some time experimenting to create pictures for tiles by rendering the shadow of an object and also give the shadow a colour. There is a PDF on my website: Bryce & 3D CG Documents > Mine (PDF) > Objects > Shadow Tiles. Nine tiles with coloured shadows from the objects shown at right in half size and below each the anaglyph.

Shadow Tiles

ShadowTiles.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 306K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited December 2019

Mermaid, adbc, Horo: Thanks again.

adbc: Lovely render, specifically with that wonderful creature in there.

Mermaid: I agree with Horo: you presented that boat very nicely.

Horo: Original method of creating patterns on tiles. 

Dan: long time no see your renders. What a pity for us, because they are always beautiful This one is no exception to that rule. The matte is great, but the guy is wonderfully posed. Looks like he is having real fun. And the streets are very well lit.

I made one more render from my latest abstract set-up, but then put the camera outside the set, added one of the fantastic skies (Horo, David) and rendered like that. The strange geometric effects are caused by the render, they are not real geometry.

Then I made a totally new semi-abstract, inspired by Horo's render from the inside of one of the 'odd world' objects of Matcreator and added one of the pieces of the Cloud city. A modified 'City lights texture' is on the object. The result, found by trial and error testing, made me think of '2001, Space Oddity'.

space train.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 406K
    space oddity.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M
    Post edited by Hansmar on

Hansmar - thank you. Cool semi-abstracts. The second one has a science fiction feel, dashing with high speed through space.

Dan Whiteside : superb image.

mermaid : thank you. Excellent render, awesome sky and water.

Horo : interesting experiment.

Hansmar : thanks. Beautiful semi abstract renders. The second one has some movement in it. Good work.

edited December 2019

Horo- Thanks, the tiles are awesome, thanks for the pdf.

Hansmar - Thanks, both the abstracts are nice.

Adbc - thanks

edited December 2019

adbc - thank you.

mermaid - thank you.

16 terrains tiled and twice subplateaus applied make the landscape. The material was assembled from different textures, the clouds are a sandwich of two infinite planes, sky colour and ambient light by an HDRI.

Muffinland

Muffinland.jpg
    1200 x 780 - 177K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • allanonallanon Posts: 53
    edited December 2019

I did these, one with a more dramatic atmosphere,  a few years ago.  The ripples are a few concentric torus objects and the character is a terrain with a transparency map.

tranquility.jpg
    1200 x 780 - 430K
    Tranquil_Dawn.jpg
    1024 x 666 - 82K
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 2019

Horo –great render, I like the depth you achieved with the tiles terrains.

Allanon- welcome to the Bryce Forum, two nice renders.

Another quick, simple scene using the GotG_Milano model and one of the AlienRoom Hdri

GotG_Milano-model.jpg
    640 x 326 - 104K

allanon - both looking nice.

Horo : Outstanding render, cool sky and terrain materials. 

allanon : Nice pictures.

mermaid : Beautiful image, the model and the sky work well together.

mermaid - thank you. You uploaded your beautifully done and presented model at the same time of my post and so I missed it.

adbc - thank you.

• Dan WhitesideDan Whiteside Posts: 497
    edited December 2019

Horo, adbcand and mermaid010 - thanks for the kind comments on my last image.

Hammer - Wow, I don’t know what to say except thank you so very much. If my work has any merit it’s due to more then 2 decades of  Bryce users who freely shared their expertise, resources, critiques and time. For which I am very gratefulsmiley

And if I don't get back here before then, Merry Christmas and a happy and prosperous new year to all!

Post edited by Dan Whiteside on

Thanks Adbc and Horo for the nice comments.

edited December 2019

Another experiment. A terrain made of 4 1024 tiles assembled in TE-Filters, and back in the TE Subplateaus used and reduced to 1024 resolution and given a material - and two copes at half the resolution in the background. The same terrain left at 2048 resolution Subcontours applied in the TE to get spikes and given a DTE controlled partly transparent green material, then raised to create fir trees. I'm moderately happy but not fully convinced of the result, the middle ground is not bad. Ambient light by an HDRI, the clouds pre-rendered Bryce clouds on a sphere, and the sun as key light. The Anaglyph as a bit less of haze.

Wilderness

Wilderness Anaglyph

Wilderness.jpg
    1200 x 780 - 221K
    WildenessAna.jpg
    1200 x 780 - 252K
    Post edited by Horo on

Horo - beautiful landscape, the anaglyph is awesome.

Horo, adbc, Mermaid: Thank you.

Horo: Great terrains again. Indeed, the fir tree experiment did not fully convince me, it is more like vagueness than like trees. But the terrain as such is wonderful.

allanon: Welcome to the forums. Nice renders. I like the one with more light best, although it looks like the structure is floating in the air.

• Outstanding images here.

Here a little landscape. To create it I used 2 terrains with the terrain procedure "Metamorphism", which I do not use very often.

TreesAndHills.jpg
    1334 x 800 - 807K

Elvis: Very nice landscape. In my view the sky is a bit 'flat', but maybe that is what you were looking for.

This discussion has been closed.