Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 11

Comments

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,099

Hansmar : lovely snow scene.

Slepalex, Hansmar : thanks for explaining how to work with different views. Need to read it a couple of times ........

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,756

Slepalex: Thanks for your explanation. Your trick with the invisible sphere is one I used for selecting focus for depth of view if there was no specific object. See explanation in the other thread. Indeed amidst hundreds of copies, selecting one to track is not easy. So probably the Directors view is better in those cases.

Mermaid010, adbc: Thank you.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,119

Hansmar - your snow landscape with the Grobburg and the snow looks very nice.

edited January 2020

I tested some methods for clay renders of a building. This is the Italian Villa by Alan Armstrong (Army). Render times: HDRI only 7 minutes, Specular method 7-1/2 minutes, TA only 17 minutes and Obscure Light method 20 minutes.

Army Villa

ArmyVilla.jpg
    1200 x 750 - 154K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,181
    edited January 2020

Here is a 3D rendering I created of a man I am naming, "Veadis Elgado". He was created in Poser Pro 11 and Bryce 3D. He is our Angel of the Day.

Viadis Elgato Edit.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 2M
    Post edited by RexRed on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,997
    edited January 2020

Horo- very nice experiments, I like the Specular Method and the Obscure light Method

I played a bit in the IL, using the Alt+spray method, lighting is from David and Horo's Exotic Hdri for Fantasy Skies and Sci-Fi

IL-ex1.jpg
    500 x 500 - 238K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911

Horo- very nice experiments, I like the Specular Method and the Obscure light Method

I played a bit in the IL, using the Alt+spray method, lighting is from David and Horo's Exotic Hdri for Fantasy Skies and Sci-Fi

I am more than sure that here are not clones (instances), but copies (duplicates). :-)

Horo said:

I tested some methods for clay renders of a building. This is the Italian Villa by Alan Armstrong (Army). Render times: HDRI only 7 minutes, Specular method 7-1/2 minutes, TA only 17 minutes and Obscure Light method 20 minutes.

Horo, it's hard to give preference to any of the rendering methods. It all depends on your tasks. All four have a right to exist. But I would prefer the fastest. 

mermaid - thank you. Very nice little island.

slepalex - yes, it depends what one wants, none is better, none worse. I like the specular method best, the HDRI only is a bit faster but there are small bright cubes on top of the dark trees. I think I will repeat the tests but with a terrain that has not so flat surfaces like a building.

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 846
    edited January 2020

@Horo: Nice experiment. I can hardly see a difference between IL and Obscure Lighting and your previous image with the forest is beautiful.

@mermaid010: A cute little island. If I were a duck it would be my prefered place to be :-)

@RexRed: Well done. Maybe I would like to try out to render your scene with Bryce's Premium Effects True Ambience. Needs a bit longer, but in my opinion, TA renders the skin much nicer. (Of course my pictures below is just the exception of this rule.)

Once again I made a portrait. The light comes from a dome light with a quality of 225. The rendering time was about 1 hour.

Portrait of V7 Livia

v7Livia_DL.jpg
    588 x 747 - 110K
    Post edited by Electro-Elvis on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Found one of my many images that have not been added to the Gallery

• Dan WhitesideDan Whiteside Posts: 497
    edited January 2020

First, Congrats to  Drachenlords for having two images in the DAZ Top Rated Recent Images gallery (Giants Help and Walking Home).

Here’s my newest: “The Jot Of Dance”

Aiko 6, outfit and hair from DAZ.

Stonemason’s “Streets Of Asia”.

Pose from the excellent ballet pose set by Navi.

HDRU sky (modified in PS) by Horo.

Posed in DS 4.6.

Staged and rendered in Bryce 7.1 Pro, Illuminated by the Bryce sun and Use Sky IBL. Rendered @64 RPP, TA enabled - just under 10 hours to render.

Thanks for looking!

Bryce Gallery: https://postimg.cc/gallery/10dulcbue/

Voyager 4 Gallery: https://postimg.cc/gallery/16xw3g6au/

the_joy_of_dance.jpg
    1600 x 960 - 492K
    Post edited by Chohole on

Horo : great tests. Specular has my preference.

mermaid : lovely island, beautiful vegetation.

Electro-Elvis : Awesome portrait.

Chohole : beautiful image, just like a postcard.

Dan : Excellent render.

Horo: Great experiments with lights. Generally I like the specular method results best, though maybe the TA and Obscure method lighting is just a little too light in general, compared to the other two methods, so the comparison is not fully fair. One advantage of the HDRI method is that there is a more differentiation in the trees, which are very dark in the other three methods.

Mermaid010: What a lovely island, very well done.

Electro-elvis: Very good portrait render. Great subtle lighting.

Chohole: Wonderful that you found this old render from the 20s ;)

Dan Whiteside: Great render of a beautiful scene.

RexRed - nicely done.

Electro-Elvis - thank you.

Chohole - very nice and detailed scene.

Dan - very lovely render.

adbc - thank you.

Hansmar - thank you. Yes, I adjusted things in such a way that the brightest parts are equally bright. The tests are nevertheless a bit unfair. Less IB light and a bit of sun would make a difference.

• Dan WhitesideDan Whiteside Posts: 497
    edited January 2020

Thanks!

Post edited by Dan Whiteside on
    edited January 2020

I made a panoramic render of the snow world, but without the tower.

And I used the "Environments: inclement weather" set again to use the haze cube and the 'rock' island. I placed another island from Karanta in the background. The 'rock' island was used as a double stacked terrain, where one was modified by adding some erosion as well as some noise. The other was in the original form. The textures were not from the 'inclement weather' set. They are modified from other presets. The haze cube was only placed at the left part of the scene.

snowpanorama.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M
    hazeland1.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 917K
    Post edited by Hansmar on
    edited January 2020

Hansmar : beautiful snow world and rock.

Created a planet scape, added rocks, the moon, a terrain and V4 with Vorg texture.

rocks.jpg
    1000 x 426 - 58K
    Post edited by adbc on

Hansmar - the panorama render looks very nice, haze or fog makes it look as if there were two glaciers; nice effect. The islands and the water also look very good. Using the haze cube only at one side is a cool idea, very nice effect.

adbc - great picture, everything fits beautifully and makes this an outstanding artwork. Is this Dave Savage's moon?

edited January 2020

Double stacked terrain and a self-made lighthouse. I don't know what's wrong with this source file, Bryce crashed often, just changing the camera setting or a material or saving the scene - though it still saves it. Only 272 MB used (file size 9 MB). Restarting Bryce, loading the scene anew, Bryce refuses to crash, no matter what I do.

Lighthouse on Isle

LighthouseOnIsle-.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 203K
    Post edited by Horo on
    Slepalex said:

I am more than sure that here are not clones (instances), but copies (duplicates). :-)

I don't understand what you mean not instances, here is a screenshot of the instance lab, any further explanation will be helpful

il-screen.jpg
    757 x 522 - 132K

Horo - thanks, the double stacked terrain is nicely done, despite the crashes.

Electro-Elvis - thanks, great portrait render

Chohole - beautiful render, old is gold

Dan - another remarkable render, magnificent work.

Adbc - thanks, the rocks is awesome, like Horo said everything fits

Hansmar - thanks two lovely renders

Slepalex said:

I don't understand what you mean not instances, here is a screenshot of the instance lab, any further explanation will be helpful

Good, mermaid. Let's start over. Is the original flower as group? If so, how many meshs in the group? Have you selected a group in IL on the Brush editor tab as a reproductiong source?
    If you have done all this, then I congratulate you. You got duplicates as a result, but not clones. And your file size is 100 times larger than when using clones.
    If you have selected a group of meshs as the original, then at the output you will get many meshs groups.
    A screenshot of IL makes it impossible to understand what you have sown, clones or duplicates. In the camera view, the clones are shown with a dashed line, and the duplicates of the originals are solid.
    ___

In general, I advise you to read the recommendations of Horo in this thread https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/5223361/#Comment_5223361

Horo : thank you, yes it's Dave Savage's moon. Nicely done stacked terrain !

mermaid : thanks.

adbc - thank you.

Slepalex said:
    Slepalex said:

Good, mermaid. Let's start over. Is the original flower as group? If so, how many meshs in the group? Have you selected a group in IL on the Brush editor tab as a reproductiong source?
    If you have done all this, then I congratulate you. You got duplicates as a result, but not clones. And your file size is 100 times larger than when using clones.
    If you have selected a group of meshs as the original, then at the output you will get many meshs groups.
    A screenshot of IL makes it impossible to understand what you have sown, clones or duplicates. In the camera view, the clones are shown with a dashed line, and the duplicates of the originals are solid.
    ___

In general, I advise you to read the recommendations of Horo in this thread https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/5223361/#Comment_5223361

Thanks Slepalex for your explanation, you are a master in Bryce and we are blessed to have you around.

adbc, Horo, mermaid010: Thank you.

Horo: In the panorama render I used a snow cube, but it gives a bit of a similar effect as a haze or fog cube. That island looks very good. Great form and texture.

adbc: Very nice planet scape. Beautiful atmosphere.

Hansmar : thank you.

Thank you mermaid and Hansmar.

• S RayS Ray Posts: 398
    edited January 2020
    Slepalex said:
    Hansmar said:

Slepalex 
    I always use  Camera to Director. It makes Sky Lab a little difficult, but I learned Bryce by rendering in Director view and find it easier to build the scene from all isometric view this way. After the scene is built I tweak the camera and sometimes even use preview render with out textures to get a quick idea of the tweaked camera view. I also sometimes use Camera tracking to keep the camera viewing the primary target of the scene.

Post edited by S Ray on
This discussion has been closed.