Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 11

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,104

Hansmar - thank you. And you are, of course, right.

adbc - thank you.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,754
    edited November 2019

adbc: Thank you

I can't stop working with my newly acquired landscapes and skies. Now I used GorgesA from the set of High resolution terrains - Set 1. I moved the camera and changed the texture to Rock Amazone by Jean LaPointe. I also changed the position of the sun and the texture of the sea (a modified form of 'Oasis' with some anisotropy and a different setting for refraction) and I lowered the sea as well. Then I created a number of waterfalls, starting with the waterfall that MarioG used in his Canyon Environment Project, but I changed it from a negative terrain to a positive, cutting off the sides to only keep the middle and gave it a turbulent water texture. I added some elongated spheres with volumetric spray textures and some terrains with mounds and some hand-drawn 'waves' at the bottom of the waterfall. At last I added a number of fish from ZivixLLC - tropical fish pack.

I like the result, I hope you all do too.

The second one is one of Horo's landscapes (Beach-1024) with one of the fantastic skies. I added a crack in the earth, that goes into the sky and ends in the screaming face. Just because the colours in the sky were screaming to me, so I first came up with 'Screaming sky' as a name for the scene and then decided to enter the crack (actually two in a row) and a terrain leading up to the scream I made myself. I used a partly transparent and fuzzy texture for the effect that you see.

GorgesA_HM.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M
    screaming sky.jpg
    673 x 875 - 469K
    Post edited by Hansmar on
  • Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 845
    edited November 2019

@Hansmar: A lot of interesting and phantastic images. Well done.

@Horo: The cave looks very good. I like the second version also very much, especially as its character has changed so dramatically only because of the retexturing.

I played around with lights and at the end the following picture came out.

Orange

LeuchtendesOrange.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 676K
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited November 2019

Hansmar - very well done. I particularly like the waterfall in the first render. The second one has an apocalyptic touch to it and is superbly done.

Electro-Elvis - thank you. Great experiment with lighting, I like how the cube shines. Lighting is so important for visual art, you can change almost everything just by altering the lighting.

The base for the terrains were made with Apophysis by Graham Dersch a long time ago, the material applied is from the Gritstone Hills set, the clouds are from the Cloudscapes 3 set by David Brinnen. Ambient light is by the DryHill HDRI, the key light by the sun. 

Creased

Creased.jpg
    1200 x 795 - 180K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • adbcadbc Posts: 3,092
    edited November 2019

Hansmar : really awesome landscape, great waterfall, the fish are a nice addition. Screaming sky is  very cool, nice colours.

Electro-Elvis : Great lighting experiment.

Horo : Awesome landscape.

Just a simple render, Castle. The castle is from nergal.

Castle.jpg
    661 x 735 - 71K
    Post edited by adbc on
    edited November 2019

Another scene : Rocks.

Same sky as Castle, different camera settings, added 2 terrains.

Rocks.jpg
    661 x 735 - 95K
    Post edited by adbc on

adbc - Thank you. The castle render looks very good, I like the haze and water. The second is special, a bit surreal, I like it a lot. Nice fish in the water.

Horo : thank you !

edited November 2019

A 12 years old scene remade. Replaced the Xfrog trees by Bryce trees (BTO), the material on the terrains changed, the backdrop foto for the sky removed and the lighting improved.

Castle Ruin

CastleRuin.jpg
    1200 x 750 - 321K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited November 2019

adbc: Thank you. And very nice castle renders. Great gloomy mood.

Elvis: Good experimenting. Lovely glow in the cube.

Horo: My thanks. Very nice landscapes. I specifically like the first one, thanks to the wonderful cloudscape I guess.

I made a few more landscapes. The first two are based on one of the free scenes David Brinnen provided. In the first one, I changed the textures of sea and added a terrain with waves in the sea. I also changed the texture of the cliffs, modified the (density) of the cloud layer, moved the sun position and added two vehicles. I like the very dramatic mood in this one, largely thanks to the wonderful clouds David created. In the second one, I placed the camera somewhere totally different, used the same terrain texture as in the first one and added a few copies of the terrain (modified in height, etc.) for the background. I kept the same helicopter, but removed the additional waves and boat (not visible anyway).

The third one is a terrain I made in the Terrain Editor. I used a preset texture and used te sky that Slepalex recently made available, but modified it to get somewhat more drama. I added a few objects (with modified textures) to give it a more sci-fi look. I am not completely happy with my terrain. The effect of the spikes I added (and smoothed, etc.) is still a bit too rough. But the general form I like.

Free content R4 2_HM.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 858K
    Free content R4 2_HM1.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M
    threemountain.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M

Horo : awesome image !

Hansmar : Thank you. Very beautiful landscapes, cannot decide which I like most, very well done.

Hansmar - thank you. Three nice landscapes. The first is very dramatic, I like it best. I don't like the material on the second one very much, it appears a bit bright under this beautiful sky. The third I like because of the interesting terrain. It is nicely lit, too.

adbc - thank you.

edited November 2019

A 13 years old scene (http://www.bryce5.com/details.php?image_id=2156) redone. The facade of the building is a terrain (well, six), the rest cubes; and the water is a terrain, too.

Fort Oscar

FortOscar.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 281K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,981

krickerd - thanks for the height maps

Horo- all your renders are outstanding my fav is the WeirdCave and without doubt the anaglyph.

Hansmar - Wow awesome renders using the Landscapes under Fantastic Skies, all the renders are outstanding, difficult to decide on a fav

Electro-Elvis - cool lighting experiment.

Adbc - both your renders are very nice done, I like the addition of the fish in the 2nd one.

Horo : beautiful result with all those terrains.

mermaid : thank you.

edited November 2019

Thank you mermaid and adbc.
    Here's the terrain for the facade of the fort if you're curious.

Facade

Fassade.jpg
    670 x 415 - 19K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited November 2019

Horo: Thanks. I'll consider redoing the second one, because I see your point, though I also partly like the very light front against the dark sky. Your building from terrains is wonderful. The water is very threatening, almost breaking in.

Mermaid: Thank you.

Two more landscapes. Actually, two times the same landscape. Terrain based on height map from a Nordic fjord, except from the background mountains, which are made in the terrain editor. The fjord is duplicated to modify the texture. The clouds are mapped on a sphere, with help of Horo's spherical mapper.

norsfjord3.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 2M
    norsfjord4a.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M

Horo - thanks for the heighmap

Hansmar - two very nice renders, I like the clouds in the second

Hansmar : two excellent landscapes, especially the one with the clouds.

Horo : interesting heightmap, thanks.

Hansmar - two nice renders, I prefer the second one.

edited December 2019

Mermaid, adbc, Horo: Thank you.

I couldn't help myself and made some quick abstract. Colourful blobs they are.

colouredblobs.jpg
    875 x 875 - 602K
    colouredblobs2.jpg
    875 x 875 - 676K

Hansmar : I like your abstracts. Both have beautiful colours, nicely done.

Hansmar - super cool abstracts, very high contrast. On the first it looks like there were a clown in the red bowl on upper right.

edited December 2019

Ten terrains with materials assembled by textures from four different terrain sets, an HDRI for ambient light and the sun.

Archipelago 

Archipelago.jpg
    1200 x 525 - 156K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited December 2019

Horo : cool image, awesome materials, sky and water.

Just a bit of fun with Genesis, well just her head, textured in Bryce.

Genesis.jpg
    661 x 735 - 85K
    Post edited by adbc on
    edited December 2019

Hansmar - two beautiful colorful abstracts, I love the vivid colors, did you use metaballs?

Horo - lovely island render, awesome lighting.

Adbc - wow you did an amazing job with the textures.

Post edited by mermaid010 on

adbc, Horo, Mermaid: Thank you! And, indeed, metaballs were used. Horo is right, looks like there is a clown, not only in the first one, but also in the top blue blob in the second one. 

Horo: Very nice terrains.

adbc: Fantastic work with the textures on the Genesis face!

edited December 2019

I used a totally different set-up for another set of abstracts. These are more geometric and less multicoloured. I used 11 frames made by Boolean action between two cubes and five infinite reflecting planes around the frames. Only from the camera-side there is no infinite plane. I modified the size of the group of frames leading in some cases to intersection with the planes. I also modified the position of the sun and this led to the colour changes. In the last one, I used a modified sphere as a lens in front of the camera.

bluegrid.jpg
    875 x 875 - 610K
    bluegrid2.jpg
    875 x 875 - 480K
    bluegrid3.jpg
    875 x 875 - 232K
    bluegrid4.jpg
    875 x 875 - 261K
    bluegrid5.jpg
    875 x 875 - 332K

Wow Hansmar, all the abstracts are so cool my fav is the 4th one.

mermaid, Hansmar : thank you.

Hansmar : four outstanding abstracts. Well done !

This discussion has been closed.