[Released!] VisualMenus [Commercial]

Comments

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142

Looking forward to your update.  

May I ask a personal question?  What happened to you for all those months, esp pertaining to this thread?  We were beginning to worry and wonder what happened to you and this script.  

Thanks! 

• bitwelderbitwelder Posts: 212
    edited September 2019
    RAMWolff said:

Looking forward to your update.  

May I ask a personal question?  What happened to you for all those months, esp pertaining to this thread?  We were beginning to worry and wonder what happened to you and this script.  

Thanks! 

Thanks for asking--I'll say this: It was a combination of factors which I hope never combine again!

PS> Would you be interested in trying/testing out the 1.1 update? I'm aiming to have it ready for testing by early next week--still a few issues I'm discovering/fixing. If all goes well, it will be submitted to Daz a few days after that.

Post edited by bitwelder on

Sure, I'm off for the next couple of days. 

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

I know I was not offered but I would be overjoyed to help. Just putting it out there. :)

• Saxa -- SDSaxa -- SD Posts: 871
    edited November 2019

This product just keeps getting more and more useful.  smiley yes

Visual based Shortcuts for quick & efficient workflow.  Once you get the possibilties, this just gets more amazing.  Tho, you do have to set it all up.  But it's worth it!  Would love to see this kind of option in my other 3D software apps.

Eagerly awaiting update.  smiley Still need testers?  Then please feel free to PM me. 

Anyway, thanks alot for making this Bitwelder.

Using this with both 4.12.0.86 and 4.12.1.16.  Only wish is that on export menus, that can include shortcuts so don't have to redo them everytime am updating the other Daz version with changes.

Post edited by Saxa -- SD on

Yes, this update seems to be a long wait so what's going on Bitwelder?  Are you OK? 

• evacynevacyn Posts: 950
    Yeah I'm hoping it's just stuck in QA and/or it's back-logged with the PC+ sale.
  • @bitwelder

just so it's out there, I would be happy to pay for any upgrade for this.

Maybe a bit like the idea of  Zevos Fit product and then the Fit-addon.  Don't expect really helpful stuff like this for free, especially when current iteration works great already.

PS.  Think am averaging about 1 new UI a week made in QT.  Nested VM is just great. Less shortcuts to remember. smiley

• nowefgnowefg Posts: 557

Hoping this thread is current, as of 12-22-19. I posted on Nuts & Bolts, but no responses yet, so I thought to post here.

I finally got a better computer, much more powerful with a graphics card and all. In transferring daz to the new hardware, I've lost Visual Menus. The hot keys don't respond. I did try deleting the hot key assignments in Workspace/Customize/Custom Actions, and then reassigning them, but that had no effect.

Starting from Windows 7, DS 4.10.123, I'm now using Windows 10, same DS version. Redownloaded and installed VisualMenus, all my content is on an outboard drive, and VisualMenus still works as usual on my original machine. I did transfer my custom actions and all to the new machine, and most everything works correctly, except VisualMenus, ie, I have and can use my custom toolbars, etc, so the issue seems only related to VisualMenus. No response to assigned hotkeys.

I don't see any need for a serial number or other specific plugin registration info, so I'm at a loss.

Anyone have an idea?

• @nowefg  replied to your tech support thread.

• nowefgnowefg Posts: 557

Thank you, Saxa...

I've labelled it solved in Nuts and Bolts. I appreciate your helping me rethink and resolve the problem. A big relief to have Visual Menus available again.

• Great you got it working. smiley   Can't imagine my DazStudio workflow without VisualMenus.  So kinda get what you are saying. wink

• BRISQBRISQ Posts: 4
    edited February 2020

Hi, I've a problem with building the menus using the content tab. (I'm a Mac-user - latest MacOS version Catalina.)

The description tells that you have to select the 'Smart Content tab' or 'Content Library tab' and then select the items you want to show up in the Action Editor, before opening the menu. I've tried everything to make it work. Unfortunately I can't select any content item at all to use in Visual Menu. It still displays the message 'Please select content items in......'

Is there another way to make it work?

Hope you can help me out. :-)

Post edited by BRISQ on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049

As soon as we see the word "Catalina" we think trouble. What version of Daz Studio are you running? As I understand it, only recent versions have fixes to work with Catalina, so your version number may help people debug the issue. I'm a PC user, though, so I may not be able to help much.

• RLSprouseRLSprouse Posts: 288
    edited February 2020

Again we have a rather disturbing lack of response from the developer. I really want to love this system, but the sporadic (at best) responses from Bitwelder leave me feeling abandoned. Where is the update promised several months ago?

It''s okay if there are technical issues, or even personal problems, just don't leave us in the dark.

Post edited by RLSprouse on

Again we have a rather disturbing lack of response from the developer. I really want to love this system, but the sporadic (at best) responses from Bitwelder leave me feeling abandoned. Where is the update promised several months ago?

It''s okay if there are technical issues, or even personal problems, just don't leave us in the dark.

This is the second time an update was mentioned and not delivered.

• BRISQBRISQ Posts: 4
    barbult said:

As soon as we see the word "Catalina" we think trouble. What version of Daz Studio are you running? As I understand it, only recent versions have fixes to work with Catalina, so your version number may help people debug the issue. I'm a PC user, though, so I may not be able to help much.

I'm quite new to Daz and didn't know that there're more problems with Catalina. I run the latest 4.12 version of Daz. Right now, I only seem to have problems with VisualMenus.... But, I'm still in the testing/learning phase. Seems I should check the Forum first before I buy stuff. 

I agree. Everyone can understand all kind of issues. But indeed, it would be nice to hear something from the developer....

edited February 2020

@BRISQ, when you say "the latest 4.12" do you mean the latest release 4.12.0.86, or the latest public build (beta) 4.12.1 76?  You may need the beta for Catalina. Here is a forum thread you can read through to see other people's experience and the recommendations they received.

Oh, and remember that you have 30 days from date of purchase to return an item from the Daz Store. Just submit a help request. If you can't get Visual Menus working, you don't have to be stuck with it. You can also just go ahead and submit a help request to see if customer service can help you get it working.

Post edited by barbult on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Folks have to be careful; it is easy to get blacklisted by customers.

edited February 2020
    I have this thread favorited with the hopes we'll hear news of the update we were promised back in November. I just want to functionality to easily move an existing menu to a different style/size. In the meantime, I've started moving my workflow to ManFriday's Bookmarks and Turbo Content instead. It's really too bad... This product has so much promise and could easily been integrated into the next Daz release.
    Post edited by evacyn on
  • BRISQ said:

The description tells that you have to select the 'Smart Content tab' or 'Content Library tab' and then select the items you want to show up in the Action Editor, before opening the menu. I've tried everything to make it work. Unfortunately I can't select any content item at all to use in Visual Menu. It still displays the message 'Please select content items in......'

Just to make SURE that you're doing all the steps... here are 3 screenshots of process to add any .duf content to VM.

What is critcial is that in Step 2 (red No 2 written with mouse - so scuse the scribbliness).  You must click so item is highlighted.  Navigating to subfolder is not enough.  Pick as many .dufs as you want and all those selected will show under tab 4, and all items will show in step 5.

VM steps 01.JPG
    2190 x 1238 - 239K
    VM steps 02.JPG
    2227 x 1214 - 208K
    VM steps 03.JPG
    2189 x 1271 - 244K
  • Saxa -- SDSaxa -- SD Posts: 871
    edited February 2020

Not that I am not wanting to hear from Bitwelder like everyone else.

However, Bitwelder did explain in this thread life was in an especially complicated state for him (my paraphrase).  Especially Artists who create can get that way, and sometimes months and months or longer can go by.  Seems to me that being kind and patient is still warranted. 

evacyn said:
    I have this thread favorited with the hopes we'll hear news of the update we were promised back in November. I just want to functionality to easily move an existing menu to a different style/size. In the meantime, I've started moving my workflow to ManFriday's Bookmarks and Turbo Content instead. It's really too bad... This product has so much promise and could easily been integrated into the next Daz release.

Looked at those.  Good there are options.  But wouldn't trade VM for those myself.  Did have to remake a few menus.  Spent one evening, made new UI's with upgradeability in mind, moved content over, reorganized it anyway, and it was done.  But ability to swap to other menus would be nice.  But not a dealbreaker for me, given what this toolset "as is" lets me do.

Post edited by Saxa -- SD on
  • CometsComets Posts: 87
    evacyn said:

I've done the same. I regret persisiting with VM past the time I could have returned it.

• bitwelderbitwelder Posts: 212

The VisualMenus 1.1 update has finally been sorted and submitted to Daz, so I anticipate it should be rolling out to you in the coming weeks. 

For anyone that would prefer to have this update now, here is the updated script file for download:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xm1hguc0aoqq1t3/VisualMenus.dse?dl=0

All you need to do is find the existing 'VisualMenus.dse' file in your installation, and replace it with this downloaded file which has the exact same name. If this scares you at all, I'd recommend waiting for the offical update. I don't believe you should have to do anything else besides replace the file. It should just work with all the menus you have currently set up, including any keyboard shortcuts you have set. To be extra cautious, you may want to back up all your menus (see manual for instructions), and you might rename the original VisualMenus.dse file in case you want to revert back to it for some reason. 

This downloadable script file will only function if you've already purchased and installed VisualMenus 1.0. 

Wow - thank you so much, bitwelder! This will make many of us who love VM so happy :)

Thank you, we've been waiting for this!

What does 1.1 do?

There is a video about it. I found it by clicking on the Help Videos button in Visual Menus.

One huge improvement for me in version 1.1 is that the context menus are now readable in my DS color scheme. Before they were dark gray on black and I could barely read them. Now they are nice and clear.

I like the copy buttons to new one; was a pain if a panel got full.