DAZ Studio 4.5 Release Candidate Available Now

Comments

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,835
    edited May 2012

@ DAZ_bfurner, can you PLEASE lose the zip files for the software and give us the installers in our available downloads instead (like it used to be).

I've tryed to download the 64 bit PC version 3 times now with different browsers and downloaders, as well as clearing the cache before each try, yet I still get a 488 MB corrupt zip that neither winzip nor winrar will touch, even an unpacker I have for dealing with broken zips wont look at it, I've got one attempt left so I'm not about to go and waste it too.

<<< >:-(

Post edited by Bejaymac on
  • AdashAdash Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

It installed and worked OK for me. BUT, the Genesis head and body morhphs just would not show up. even after I re-installed them. Everything else was showing up fine including the create morphs etc. Perhaps I need to download the latest versions of the heada nd body morphs?? Apart from that, was a solid update (so far).

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

yann.let said:
    Enjoying the new build immensely (and it came out just a few days after getting Daz in the new place). However it seems that the morphs for Genesis Evolution (I got Daz with the iClone introductory pack) have completely vanished. They were there in 4.0, they're gone now. I've re-installed several times, manually checked to see that the file is there, re-imported metadata and checked the data logs. Nothing.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Some morphs will not appear in the Shaping pane as they do not have a proper region declaration - that requires a content change. They should be available in Parameters.

Edit: Well, THAT'S not the name that I picked for the forum. And apparently I'm not allowed to change it! D'oh!

Please PM me with the name you want to use, I think I will be able to fix it (possibly).

• AdashAdash Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

"Some morphs will not appear in the Shaping pane as they do not have a proper region declaration - that requires a content change. They should be available in Parameters."

That'll do me for now. I can install it back on now I know I can still use them.

• namretteknamrettek Posts: 168
    edited December 1969

Does the 4.5 RC have an auto loader for content?

I heard something about that - but I'm not sure if I just dreamed that or if it is in this release.

I mostly use Carrara, so I need to redownload all of my genesis content and reinstall,

But if there is an auto installer (or one coming) I want to wait for that...

• siocsioc Posts: 299
    edited December 1969

I saved a scene in "depreciated" .daz ... and it can't be open with a stable release.

How can I do to be able to open something done with the 4.5 RC1 in a stable version ?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

sioc said:
    I saved a scene in "depreciated" .daz ... and it can't be open with a stable release.

How can I do to be able to open something done with the 4.5 RC1 in a stable version ?

That's one of the problems the new .duf format addresses, but 4.0.3.47 can't read them, so that solution doesn't help yet.

• siocsioc Posts: 299
    edited May 2012

That’s one of the problems the new .duf format addresses, but 4.0.3.47 can’t read them, so that solution doesn’t help yet.

You mean there is no way i can use something done with the beta on a stable ?

That's scandalous! You didn't tell so in the releasing notes. Many hours of work I can't use on a stable release...

It is the last time I try to help with a DAZ RC. I will have to redo all because you don't support the stable in the RC...

Allow me to remember you simple usage in versionning: if you keep the major number that means you are compatible with the version, so all v4.X should be able to open each other documents in the stable way. If not you call it version n+1.

Post edited by sioc on
    edited December 1969

Actually, it is in the release notes in the first post:

2. Files saved from this version of DAZ Studio are not backward compatible with older versions, including version 4.0.x.
  • BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited May 2012

Newer builds saved scenes have always been none reversible. The best suggestion save it under a different name. So do 4th gen shoes actually work with auto fit now?

Post edited by Bobvan on
  • TralenTralen Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

So, where are the release notes? The issue tracker links me to a page that I have no access to and the .zip file contains no documentation, do I need to install in order to know the updates? I'm afraid I will end up messing up my library.

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

Tralen said:
    So, where are the release notes? The issue tracker links me to a page that I have no access to and the .zip file contains no documentation, do I need to install in order to know the updates? I'm afraid I will end up messing up my library.

Apart from the short list in the first post, there is also a change log on the DAZ3D documentation wiki (DAZ Studio 4 Change Log), but I am not sure if e.g. a comprehensive list of "known issues" exists for example, other than visiting the bug tracker. So I'd still treat it carefully if you'd like to use it with your productive database / content library folders - it is a "Release Candidate" after all.

• renecyberdocrenecyberdoc Posts: 61
    edited December 1969

Actually, it is in the release notes in the first post:

2. Files saved from this version of DAZ Studio are not backward compatible with older versions, including version 4.0.x.

yep i read this.

• ketthroveketthrove Posts: 63
    edited December 1969

BlitzMan said:
    Selective item save/load

Will this save the surface settings i make to the selected object? I wasn't able to do this when I would save an object in the .obj format. I created a wall that i wanted to be able to drop into a scene mutliple times, but not have to adjust some of the surface settings for each one.

This feature completely saves the items you select to save, you can use it as a duplicate by saving an item and then immediately reloading the file you saved.

edited December 1969

Renpatsu said:
    Apart from the short list in the first post, there is also a change log on the DAZ3D documentation wiki (DAZ Studio 4 Change Log), but I am not sure if e.g. a comprehensive list of "known issues" exists for example, other than visiting the bug tracker. So I'd still treat it carefully if you'd like to use it with your productive database / content library folders - it is a "Release Candidate" after all.

Thank you for the link.

edited December 1969

I'm doing tests with some new .duf character presets and I'm unable to make them show at the shaping or smart content tab, is this a bug or is it expected?

• AbortRender?AbortRender? Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Win 7 builtin unzip says that the files I downloaded from my downloadable content page are corrupt. I was able to get it open with 7-zip. The installer doesn't say that it is the 'pro' version - considering everything it came with I would think it would be, but I don't want to go backward. So is this the 'pro' version? Is there a link for the 64bit people to download from? Apparantly the my downloadable content link has expired.

• Vos1327Vos1327 Posts: 0
    edited May 2012

Beregar--how's this for a mess? I installed 4,5 and now all of the .duf files are opening like this. I only upgraded to 4.5 because I was having issues with the Supersuit--it kept crashing Daz 4. At this point, I want my 4.0 back--this is miserable. Is it possible to reinstall DAZ 4?

[

DAZ_4.5_MESS_.JPG
    800 x 528 - 83K
    Post edited by Vos1327 on
  • nightwolf1982nightwolf1982 Posts: 1,136
    edited December 1969

Only been playing with 4.5 a small bit so far, but I have come across an issue worth mentioning:

Some of the Genesis Items, like the GSuit, are throwing a "Duplicate ID" error when loading into the scene. Not a major issue, I know, but it is annoying.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Vos1327 said:
    Beregar--how's this for a mess? I installed 4,5 and now all of the .duf files are opening like this. I only upgraded to 4.5 because I was having issues with the Supersuit--it kept crashing Daz 4. At this point, I want my 4.0 back--this is miserable. Is it possible to reinstall DAZ 4?

[

yes you can - it will tell you are doing a older version thats all

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Only been playing with 4.5 a small bit so far, but I have come across an issue worth mentioning:

Some of the Genesis Items, like the GSuit, are throwing a "Duplicate ID" error when loading into the scene. Not a major issue, I know, but it is annoying.

A number of items were updated in March and April for this issue -- if resetting the download doesn't give a newer version, please report it on the Bug Tracker.

• edited May 2012

Vos1327 said:

I have the same mess with Victoria 5. All is fine but after saving and reloading the DUF file Victoria looks like the same like in Vos1327 picture.
    Is there a way to fix that???
    It can't be that we always have to load the figure new, position it, put clothes on and and and...after saving and reloading.

vicky5.jpg
    434 x 600 - 203K
    Post edited by Immersive-DreamWorld on
  • BruceBroussardBruceBroussard Posts: 0
    edited May 2012

A body suit on v4.2 notice that it is not fit to.
    Also does the same on genesis.
    I would expect at least backward compatablity with existing containt.
    And I would expect support for old file types.
    Break the web and break Studio?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,914
    edited May 2012

Since the search function isn't, errr.... Functioning, I would still like to post this question...

Is it possible to install a DS 4.5 Standard 32/64 along with my DS 4 Pro 64? As I think it would be better to allow this setup, especially since the majority of DS users here already have DS Pro 64 installed along with all of their plugins.

!_TZOKHEGIN2.jpg
    100 x 78 - 8K
    Post edited by takezo_3001 on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,712
    edited December 1969

I had DS4 32 bit and DS4.5 64 bit but after installing the supersuit got issues with Genesis not loading in DS4 or files missing from smart content
    could still do most stuff from content directory.
    the supersuit would remove Genesis in DS4.5
    could not load the preset matts and morphs either on it.
    because I had just spent $62 on the Supersuit bundle, got kinda annoyed and reinstalled DS4 replacing DS4.5 and then everything worked in both versions again.
    so they definately conflict.
    the GenX morphs I transfered in the 32 bit worked in the 64,
    actually both worked side by side fine untill I installed new content
    namely the Supersuit.

• FroschGottFroschGott Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

A number of items were updated in March and April for this issue -- if resetting the download doesn't give a newer version, please report it on the Bug Tracker.

Is there any list of updated files around?
    In fact I don't want to reset my downloads on a regular base in hope there might be any update.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 1969

Anyone else getting error windows claiming Duplicate IDs when applying Smart Content onto Genesis?

Studio_4.5_Test_.png
    638 x 681 - 129K
    edited December 1969

Since the search function isn't, errr.... Functioning, I would still like to post this question...

Is it possible to install a DS 4.5 Standard 32/64 along with my DS 4 Pro 64? As I think it would be better to allow this setup, especially since the majority of DS users here already have DS Pro 64 installed along with all of their plugins.

No, since they are different versions of the same application (the difference is which add-ons are enabled, and in fact your Pro serial will make the RC Pro too).

edited December 1969

Anyone else getting error windows claiming Duplicate IDs when applying Smart Content onto Genesis?

Yes, this is an issue with some older content. The files may have been updated - many have - but if not I do have a fix script that deals with most of them here http://www.4shared.com/zip/oY0vbkJk/Fix_Duplicate_IDs.html

• edited December 1969

Kyrla said:
    Vos1327 said:

I have the same mess with Victoria 5. All is fine but after saving and reloading the DUF file Victoria looks like the same like in Vos1327 picture.
    Is there a way to fix that???
    It can't be that we always have to load the figure new, position it, put clothes on and and and...after saving and reloading.

no help for this???