Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 6

Comments

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 2013

chohole: thank you how cute.....

ok I found the free thing it was on another page http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases .....It is in .jpg format so can be used for a lot of things......that might need textures

free.jpg
    261 x 362 - 92K
    Post edited by Trish on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 2013

StuartB4 said:
    Ooops!!, this was meant for Trish, sorry goshtac, my mistake.

@Trish.
    @goshtac.

I don't know if this link works from anywhere else but you can have a look if it does.

Just a few pictures of a really good frost just after the snow started to dissapear.
    These where taken by me in 2010 I think.
    Taken in my village and the next one to me in Leicestershire, UK.
    If you get to them just click on the "Mixed Shots " icon, the one with the bird box.

You dont have to look at all the pictures, theres a selector above the top middle picture on the first page.
    The frost pictures are in the last 51 to 60 range.

https://mypixels.shutterfly.com/

Stuart, you don't need to add the html tags when posting a link, just post the straight link, like this

Code is for adding code anyway, not links :coolsmirk:

https://mypixels.shutterfly.com/38#38

Super pictures BTW. Love those fairy like trees.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,069
    edited December 1969

@Jamahoney - looking nice, I only have number 1 but love those props by Stefan. One thing is odd in the night shot: there are fine clouds in the sky and the moon is in front of them.

@Pam - funny card.

@StuartB4 - very nice frost pictures. Looks similar hereabouts except that the horizon is cluttered with mountains.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Here you go... This taken just up the road from my house a couple of years ago. :)
    For the full impact, please click to see the full size.

Snow-Valley.jpg
    2000 x 360 - 330K
  • StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited December 1969

@chohole.

Stuart, you don’t need to add the html tags when posting a link, just post the straight link, like this

Code is for adding code anyway, not links

Ok, sorry about that.
    I just got used to doing it on another forum.
    They don't allow live links unless they are inserted between the code tags.

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited December 1969

@Horo.

Thanks, would be nice if we had a few mountains around here.

edited December 2013

We have mountains here Stuart, though nowhere near as high as Horo's mountains I don't think, and we have steam trains. THis Train starts it's journey just over a mile from where we are. It's the Brecon Beacons Mountain Railway.

snow-steamtrain_1792514i.jpg
    620 x 286 - 53K
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

@Dave - great snow image and a lot of sky.

@Pam - that's beautiful, really.

No snow yet, but frost and rime. Left oak leaves, at right a birch; made them on last Monday.

Rime.jpg
    1000 x 749 - 274K
    edited December 1969

Nothing to do with snow or mountains... Or anything discussed recently.
    Just another sailing ship render, because it was easy to set up and rendered in 30 minutes.

ShipSky.jpg
    555 x 650 - 241K
    edited December 2013

Horo: I did not understand the word rime so I had to look it up......wow really nice pictures everyone I am feeling a lot more in the Christmas spirit now.....just not the same here with palm trees...LOL although I did put lights around one of them...will post the photo tonight after dark so you can see

Dave :I really like the sky in your ship picture......care to talk about that a little more.....and the panorama is Awesome
    Pam: really neat train

rime.jpg
    463 x 76 - 34K
    Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 1969

@Dave - looks a bit warmer out at sea, it seems. I also compensate a bit by rendering some spring theme.

@Trish - after this definition, it's not rime, it's fog that froze and accumulated. The dictionary translates "Reif" (German word) as ripe (which is the other meaning) and rime, hoarfrost, white frost. Whatever it is, it's cold and icy.

• dana365dana365 Posts: 131
    edited December 1969

Death Star Palitoy/ Kenner playset 1977 3D fly thru
    Bryce 7
    I used scans of the original toy to construct a 3D model and animated a 3D tour thru the play-set. .Parts animated with motion include the guns, turret, trash compactor and trash door
    it can be seen here:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_lhlf0cH9Q

Death_Star_Kenner_Palitoy_1977_Playset.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 435K
    edited December 1969

@dana365 - welcome to this Bryce forum. Great model setup and fly through. I never thought a set made of 2D faces could be so effective. Really well done.

Not winter this time, spring for a change.

Spring.jpg
    800 x 800 - 76K
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Dave - wow, that's a great photo! Would make a good HDRI from that spot? And a super ship render... maybe these vidoe's I've done will be of interest?

Pam, you are making me jealous. This bit of Lincolnshire is so flat and bleak - few gradients (let alone hills) or trees (thanks to past flooding).

Horo's photographs I've seen already, but they are impressive. More trees and hills... And you've got bokeh in that render! Very effective. Photo backdrop?

dana365, welcome to the forum. Great animation, I've put my comments there. Nice of you to join us and share.

Here's a couple of new video's from me.

Hypertextures - advanced water experiment 1 - by David Brinnen

Hypertextures - advanced water experiment 2 - by David Brinnen

Reflection_testing5.jpg
    1510 x 850 - 370K
    Reflection_testing4.jpg
    1510 x 850 - 369K
    edited December 1969

Dave :I really like the sky in your ship picture......care to talk about that a little more.
    Yes sure. It's based on David & Horo's "HDRI Captured Volumetric Skies 1"
    I loaded the 'Real Sun' HDRI in that set as a backdrop to use as a base to build up some layers of Bryce Stratus and Cumulus clouds of varying colours on top of. Then by altering the sky colour, cloud colour and mist colour settings, built the colouring.
    What I learned (that maybe most people already know) is that altering the 'universal ambient colour' (The little colour bar under the Shadow Intensity nano preview in the Sky&Fog; tab) will alter the colour cast in the sky/clouds too.
    Then some tweaks to the cloud Frequency and Amplitude to get the right amount of definition... I was going for Turner but not sure it's really turned out that way. :)

....and the panorama is Awesome

Thanks. I'm lucky to live in a very beautiful part of the country. :)
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 2013

One thing is odd in the night shot: there are fine clouds in the sky and the moon is in front of them.

Doh, Horo...you're right....I tried putting in a Bryce moon but lost the light, so put in a sphere instead with a moon mat on top. Didn't do the seven-hour's long render again, so just deleted it in post work now...much better.

Yes, Stonemason's Asia models are superb...he really makes them just too easy to work in (can see future works with this model, though). Thanks again for the correction.

As for snow..., oh I hope we don't get it here again. Love the scenery, the atmosphere, the walking in it...etc., but when it comes to getting places for food etc.,, it's a curse when it really is heavy...bbbrrrrrrrr

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
    edited December 1969

@David - thank you. Just 2 Bryce flowers and an HDRI, nothing fancy. Water experiment looks interesting.

• dana365dana365 Posts: 131
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the comments and the warm welcome to the forum, you guys are true masters, and willing to share your skills, fantastic!

edited December 2013

Horo: That's a good one I did think it was a photo at first
    Dana : Welcome

Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 1969

Thank you Trish. The angular Bryce flowers gives it away. Got to find better ones.

edited December 1969

Great ani', Dana...looks simple, but can see a lot, a lot of planning for camera positioining was used...paths must have been a nightmare at times.

Jay

edited December 2013

David and Horo: ok guys where is my purple product...the star trek one.....where no texture has gone before...that one?????

David: I am sorry in advance but this image just keeps popping into my head........like the rockettes......I could not help myself....

The_brinnemnites.jpg
    501 x 391 - 139K
    Post edited by Trish on
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@David: Thank you for the comments. Haven't watched your latest videos, but I like the second image more. Reflection on the water looks more like what'd actually be seen in RL.

@Jay: Real nice image, lighting is very appealing.

@Dave: Brrr...even though that's a fantastic picture you may keep all the white stuff. I really like the results in your ship image.

@Horo: Those two photos are really crisp, very detailed. And look cold. I also though the flower image was a picture until you mentioned the square flowers. Still a lovely image.

@dana: Welcome. That's a very nice video.

@Trish: I'm just shaking my head at your latest image, and laughing.

edited December 1969

Jamie: I have this funny feeling payback is on the way...LOL

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

Jamie: I have this funny feeling payback is on the way...LOL

@Trish: Oh, you think?

edited December 1969

I won't post my latest render here, cos I did it in Poser. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/34192/P30/#506466

It's for a contest, # put a spin on Vickie in a temple with a sword renders, taking the Micky out of the stupid armour sets they keep doing for female figures.

edited December 1969

Cheers, Guss ;)

Trish...hahaa...I'll never see David as anything else from now on :)

Some head and water plains below...have no idea what they mean....just...doodling in Bryce.

Jay

waterhead2.jpg
    1189 x 410 - 659K
    waterhead1.jpg
    705 x 863 - 401K
    edited December 1969

Jay : I don't know what they mean either but they sure are neat!!

Pam: Oh my what a woman she is ......

• Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 489
    edited December 1969

Uh, Trish....methinks I'm gonna get dragged along on this ride after your post! LOL

Jamahoney: nice work on "Inn of the Sixth Happiness"

Dave: as usual, very nice renders. Even your quick scenes are great.

Dana365: Welcome and nice work on the animation. I also commented on YouTube.

Horo: I like the flowers and your use of DOF.

David: Looking forward to trying out your new tutorials. Thanks.

edited December 1969

fencepost: just remember you started it........I am just following up on your idea......

This discussion has been closed.