Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 6

Comments

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

That's great Pam!
    Is it all done with materials or did you recolour it in post work?

Whichever way, the result has turned out really well. :)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 2013

That's great Pam!
    Is it all done with materials or did you recolour it in post work?

Whichever way, the result has turned out really well. :)

The snow maiden, that is her own skin, came with the package (http://www.daz3d.com/rm-nieves), set up in the mat room to try make it look good, although it does look slightly different to how it is in poser. The rest is all materials, just used a photofilter to adjust levels a bit in PS is all, I did feed a good bit of blue into the sky settings, I love OptikVerve Labs photofilters for tweaking things in postwork, they are really good, and a very good price. I used PSP to get the edge effect.

This is what she looks like, close up, staright out of Bryce

snow_maiden_close.jpg
    506 x 675 - 302K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,120
    edited December 1969

@Dave - coffee cup looks great, inviting, indeed. Our sugar lumps aren't cubes and not so fine, though I've seen such. They're not that bad.

@Pam - that is a fantastic render. Wonderful card.

I'm almost a bit ashamed by this meager WIP. But is is an unprocessed Bryce render using Lisa's flowers. Rendered with 64 rpp but needs 144 in the final size. Should be done in 12 hours.

FlowerTest-08.jpg
    800 x 550 - 105K
  • StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited December 1969

Earlier in the week I posted a request for any ideas on the easiest way to model a handle.
    I had a few sugesstions from really helpful members here, thankyou all.
    3 of which were to use a symmetrical lattice, wings, or hexagon.

I did try but could'nt do it with wings as I struggle to do anything with it.
    I don't have Hexagon so I tried a symmetrical lattice but couldn't get it smooth enough.
    In the end I did it with metaballs. Not exactly as I wanted but close enough.

This is what I wanted it for.
    I Made the mugs with Bryce objects. Table top is a terrain. Handles are Metaballs. HDRI lighting. Snow is a terrain. Spoon is from http://archive3d.net. Rendered with Bryce 7.1 Pro. Cadbury logo was taken from a scan of a label and loaded in to a terrain as a height map.

Hot_Chocolate.jpg
    800 x 600 - 397K
    edited December 2013

Looks great Stuart... Hot Chocolate nom nom. :)

And here we have a container of some kind that's been collecting drips for quite some time.
    It uses another 4 of the objects from Spacebones liquids set.

The objects could probably do with 'smoothing' if used close up... Something I only noticed after the render was completed.

Edited to add: Sorry Horo, I nearly forgot... Those flowers look great, the insects are a nice touch too... A ladybug wouldn't be out of place either on one of the yellow flowers. :)

Splosh.jpg
    422 x 650 - 120K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on
  • TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 2013

wow you all have really been busy...while I was sleeping

Fran: thanks that will come in handy
    Stuart: Cadbury is good stuff alright
    Pam: the snow maiden is lovely
    Dave: kinda reminds me of liquid silver
    Horo: I can hardly wait to see the flowers( the dragon fly is cute)
    I will be back later have a strange craving for chocolate................

Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 1969

Horo: I can hardly wait to see the flowers( the dragon fly is cute).

Thank you, there are three but two out of focus and five purple flowers for you.
    edited December 1969

Thanks Horo: that so sweet

Oh did I say I have fur on the big kitty's can't figure out how to get it in Bryce though with the fur on because it does not show up till rendered in Darkside.....but here it is http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/28462/P300/#508675

• useroperatoruseroperator Posts: 247
    edited December 2013

@stuart

from what I'm seeing, you could have made those handles in the terrain editor too, in a couple of ways. but in this day and age, boolean operations and terrain maps aren't the best choice for modeling objects.

Post edited by useroperator on
  • Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 489
    edited December 1969

Stuart, Here's one way to make the handle in Wings. Click on link to access the pdf: https://app.box.com/s/pxfekbs86rok357gbzim Sorry I didn't get this to you before you started.

Art

edited December 1969

@TheSavage64 - Thanks very much. I like the drops down the side of the bucket.

@user.operator - I did try several times but just couldn't get it right.

@Fencepost52 - Thanks for that method, it may come in handy in the future.

@Horo - Nice flowers, bring back the summer.

@chohole - Nice christmas card, a bit too cold for me though.

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 846
    edited December 1969

Really a lot of fantastic pictures in this thread!

I tried to tinker a christmas picture (kind of). I want to send them as an electronic postcard. The candle is from Horo's and David's last year christmas gift. I am not so happy with the haze or with the hardly noticeable haze.

weihnachtsbild2013.jpg
    800 x 600 - 32K
    edited December 1969

Elvis : I think this looks really good... you are in the house looking out the window...The reflection on the glass is what I noticed that's great...Trish

• useroperatoruseroperator Posts: 247
    edited December 2013

quick renders, don't have time for 6 hour renders.

also another one, not full quality rendered, I like to call "the speed of light".

gdfghgf.png
    743 x 560 - 428K
    hhgdghdgh.png
    743 x 560 - 394K
    vvbnvbnv.png
    1295 x 872 - 518K
    hgfghgfhh.png
    747 x 565 - 510K
    Post edited by useroperator on
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Trish: Thanks for the link, though I didn't find anything that would work for a water curtain. I may have to go back there, his things are nice.

@Dave: Oy, such a waste of ketchup, though a beautiful knife. I have to agree about the sugar cubes in your coffee image. Still a very nice image. And the water drops image, very nice.

@Horo: That's a lovely flower image. It took me a minute you see the dragonfly on the left.

@Pam: A very beautiful scene. Guess a person could say she just a tad sad since she rather blue.

@Stuart: Nice scene, you can send those two cups of chocolate my way. And I think those handles look really good.

@fencepost: Thanks for giving that link.

@electro: Love the look of that Christmas(ish) scene. Reflected candle light is really good.

@user.operator: That first image looks like just like those things kids tie in their shoe laces. And it you'd take out the sugar cube, I'd think those two images were photos.

Had another go using Hexagon to make a fountain. Got a decent looking bowl and a center piece I liked much better. Found a terrain material that I thought works for this example. Because I saved the bowl separately I can use it again to add a different center piece. Now the problems comes in figuring out a scene where it would fit.

Fountain_w_Center_Piece_2.png
    1080 x 810 - 669K
    edited December 1969

@StuartB4 - the handles came out fine, interesting shape for a cup.

@Dave - droplet looks good, like in those fast movie frames. I also like the water droplet on the cup. And thanks, no ladybug in my library yet.

@Trish - fur is excellent. Difficult to get right in Bryce.

@electro-elvis - very nice. I did once such a scene but yours is way better.

@user.operator - nice cups. The ball is great.

@GussNemo - the (waterless) fountain came out great. You've already mastered Hex, it seems.

edited December 2013

Still having fun playing with the freebie liquid set from Spacebones.
    I like this bubble one but material use left it being a 3 hour plus render which is a bit long considering.

Horo, Here you go for a nice Freebie ladybug. :)

BubblePour.jpg
    422 x 650 - 113K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Super gloopy Dave! Right, well, I'm being kept pretty busy but given that Sunday morning has offered a window of opportunity for another little Wings3D guide.

Wings 3D project - make a funky shape - by David Brinnen

Renders in Bryce and Octane.

Shape_octane_render1.jpg
    850 x 850 - 296K
    Shape_bryce_render1.jpg
    850 x 850 - 275K
    edited December 1969

@Horo.

the handles came out fine, interesting shape for a cup.

Thanks Horo. I have one of those mugs I bought a few years ago.
    My model is not really accurate but it's the closest I could get.

Here's some:
    http://tinyurl.com/on4glhb

@GussNemo - Thanks Guss.

edited December 1969

@Dave - thanks for the link, I got the thing. Your newest liquid somehow doesn't very much appeal to me. Are you making black pudding?

@David - cubes look very good.

edited December 1969
    free2a.jpg
    507 x 355 - 110K
    edited December 2013

Horo: The flowers turned out amazing..I saw them in the gallery...yes The fur is cool sadly no way to get it in Bryce

Dave: thanks for the lady bug really cool...your experiments with spacebones stuff is turning out good

Stuart: WOW that is really cool ...I didn't know it was a real mug object...nice modeling job

David: the silver cube is my favorite this time

user.operator that first object the spikey one is really neat

Guss: I was thinking along the lines of a waterfall object instead of water curtain....sorry...your fountain is beautiful

Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 1969

Still a WIP. The ladybug as OBJ comes without textures but the model is very detailed. I also downloaded the C4D file and used the maps from there and the rest I did myself.

@Trish - thank you for your kind comment.

LB-02.jpg
    800 x 600 - 98K
    edited December 2013

Horo: now where did you get those purple flowers they look cool.....and the lady bug looks good also...Trish

Post edited by Trish on
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Horo: Thank you. As to my mastering Hexagon, not quite. I feel certain what I've been doing could be done faster using a yet undiscovered method. I do learn as I play. Your flower scene is really stunning, the ladybugs a nice touch.

@Dave: Your pouring liquid image is neat looking, but like Horo the bubbles on top are a bit much. They remind me how the surface of a drink looks after someone has blown through a straw.

@David: Another very nice Wings 3d tutorial. Thanks.

@Trish: Thank you for the kind comments. And the link, I often forget about those freebies. The fountain is really a WIP, with improvements concentrated on the center structure.

edited December 1969

Horo: now where did you get those purple flowers they look cool.....and the lady bug looks good also...Trish

All flowers are from Lisa's Botanicals. Thank you.

@GussNemo - thank you.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

Very nice, Horo...the purple and orange flowers are gorgeous, as too the daisy-types, whose central parts (I forget the official name) might benefit from darkening them to, say, a different colour to the yellow petals...etc..I do, though, recognise the seven-spotted ladybug - as opposed to the five-spotted one ;), which really adds to the work.

Jay

edited December 1969

Thanks very much Trish.

edited December 1969

Horo said:
    Still a WIP. The ladybug as OBJ comes without textures but the model is very detailed. I also downloaded the C4D file and used the maps from there and the rest I did myself.

Yes, I did mean to mention that Horo... but I figured you'd figure it out and of course you did.
    Looking really good.

• franontheedgefranontheedge Posts: 342
    edited December 1969

@Dave, I think the texture on the Buddha is really, really good. It looks just right, I think the dusty/rubbed look helps it a lot, and you've been sparing with the rust – which also helps, unfortunately I love rust so much I'm inclined to go overboard with it.

@Trish,
    Loved the puma, unlike Horo I didn't think they were mountains. I did feel the light was a little harsh, but that's probably because I'm playing with lighting and now working in a very dark place... sigh.
    You'd expect strong shadows in a desert with the strong light you get there, so... (shrug)
    Love the lilac sky!

@Horo,
    Nice dragon, like the different shape

I’ve been playing with our new toy (presently in QA) using 3 spheres, gels and HDRI from inside. The first was rendered with max ray depth of 4, the second with 5. The third is a detail out of the first.

What's 'QA'?
    I like those abstracts.
    Especially the first one.

@David,
    Hooo! Purple! Nice.

I like the 'Abstract_horizon4_wip2ht6, feels a little like a combination of holly and that stuff where you dip twisted wire and get a transparent rainbow effect thin plasticy stuff stretched between the wire as it dries... can't remember what it's called, but this looks like an awful lot of that stuff, on a holly shaped bit of twisted wire, very Xmasy.

@Trish,
    Tarzan! Hooray!

@user.operator,
    Oh nice, an ice dragon!

I guess if you wanted to really get funky, you could for example, use some clever mirror placement to get the proper angle on a scene reflected to another point, from which you could render without even looking at the object directly.

Yes, I noticed that when I was doing cubes and mirrors with David's funky material recipes, that I often prefered the image in the reflection to the full on view.
    @Pam,
    Oh great stuff, I love the expression on the horse's face!

@Dave,
    Love the new idols, the jade on the stamford dragon is a little busy for my taste and I feel it needs a little translucency, the brass on the chinese dragon is very good indeed, but they're all nice.
    I like the teeth on the ship too.

@hansmar,
    Glad you like the newer posted version of the cube in the living room. About the kitchen, this whole scene is modelled on the real flat, and all I could see out of the window –was next door's fence! It was a tiny 'Garden Flat' which means it was made from the garage of the house. If you are from the US I believe you all have much bigger houses than we generally do in the UK – there was some sort of survey done on it, and in the UK we have the smallest houses of just about anywhere! And the US had the biggest. Of course there will be exceptions to everything.
    I've also done a model of the next flat we had – but that's not completely textured yet, maybe it just wasn't so interesting?

Maybe one day I'll do a model of the 300 year old house we now live in? it is a little bigger...
    Smallness, wrong sized windows, too low, too high, it's all of a piece. To me that window at the end above the food prep area, that was way, way too high, pretty pointless really. I mean the real one.

I'm still rendering cubes in the sunlight, trying to get the shadows right.

Look like I've been missing a load more pages of this thread;

@GussNemo,
    Loved those sphere shapes, I'd like to know how you made those shapes, and how you did the rust too and what you did the UVMapping in.

@DavidB,
    When you say you are converting photos into seemless textures with associated maps – how are you doing that?
    I've done that a fair bit and I'm curious how you are doing it...

@Dana365,
    Interesting concept. I have a door that would fit in that model – have a matching corridor too.
    Pam, great blue girl.
    Horo, love the flowers – with tiny blue forget-me-nots?
    Stuart, Hot chocs! Yay!
    Dave, Looks almost like mercury until you look at the tall rebounding drop.

Pic shows the shape of the corridor - just.

OctoHubColLights2.jpg
    1120 x 801 - 139K
This discussion has been closed.