Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 6

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,109
    edited December 1969

@David - looking very interesting. I'm still captured by hyper shadow capture, but making good progress.

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    @David - looking very interesting. I'm still captured by hyper shadow capture, but making good progress.

Yeah... just keep getting distracted with new little things to test. Bryce 7.1 Pro Advanced - TA image projecting hyper gel light improved modified - by David Brinnen Maybe something of use to someone who knows?

TA_gel5.jpg
    850 x 850 - 316K
  • franontheedgefranontheedge Posts: 342
    edited December 1969

You don't want to know how long this took to figure out. Just don't ask. Bryce 7.1 Pro Advanced - TA image projecting hyper gel light - by David Brinnen But pleasingly - it is possible - sort of... Back in a bit - got to do all the things now I should of been doing while I was doing this.

Edit - not done with this yet Bryce 7.1 Pro Advanced - TA image projecting hyper gel light improved - by David Brinnen

That looks very beautiful, David.

This is a render that took quite a while - no hyper textures - just a nice purple cube with a verdigris metal loop.
    Pic 1

If during your figuring out and doing stuff in wings3d you ever figure out how to straighten out a UV Map (before you do a 'Create Texture') - without having to move numerous verts or edges one by one, and thereby destroying your neck vertebrae: then do please TELL ME!

Sigh. I watched your TA video with the orange lattice, sob! It got me all interested...

I got these after the TA Video:
    Pic 2 & 3

Now I'm re-uv mapping the loops of the mobius cube, in order to get the texture less stretched out.
    I tried UV Mapping it in UVMapper classic, and got 3 different UV Maps, but they all have stretching and thus distort the texture. So the only way I know of is to straighten out the UV Map in Wings3D - by hand!
    There are a few short cuts - but they aren't so very short, and sometimes even they don't work.

As well as along the edges, I put cuts inside the loops - where, being hidden by the holey cube, they won't show - and got this for a map - all twisted and distorted:
    Pic4

Now I have the cube on a HyperTexture ground... and the ground was looking like someone cut a throat... was going to ask you why, but I figured out it was because the Hyper texture was hugely negative and I had radials inside the holey cube which were set to a pale green.
    I tried setting the radials to negative - (I love playing with negative lights, nice to see you getting around to them in your videos.) but that didn't quite work - result was too strong.

It's okay TheSavage64, I'm not ignoring what you've said, I just need to let the current render finish so I can get back into Bryce to do stuff with the lantern. and it is part of the same stuff - learning about TA, I just went and found David's Videos on the subject as you suggested in your previous message.

TwistedMobiusLoopsUVMap.jpg
    695 x 699 - 296K
    TAPurpleCube16.jpg
    839 x 774 - 604K
    TAPurpleCube17.jpg
    823 x 823 - 591K
    Purple3.jpg
    1120 x 865 - 760K
  • TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

Fran: that is pretty cool!!

I can not paint as good as Stuart....but I had to have this Camaro...I had a 68 and a 69 years ago for real and they were great cars...Trish

68.jpg
    1298 x 648 - 276K
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 2013

@Dave: Candy canes look really nice, as does the reflections. But there's no peppermint smell. ;-)

@David: Chrome videos are really nice, and the second chrome image is stunning. I was wondering is HDRI could be converted without using HDRI Shop? The other videos are very interesting as well.

@Pam: That's a stunning image. The clothing actually have a tanned leather look. And the other adornments, nice.

@fencepost: Stunning color used on those cubes. Love the rays of the second image.

@franontheedge: Really like the results on those cube.

Instead of reposting the image I posted in the Bryce Render Challenge year end edition thread, I'll just ask you to drop by there and have a gander.

Post edited by GussNemo on
    edited December 2013

@David: Chrome videos are really nice, and the second chrome image is stunning. I was wondering is HDRI could be converted without using HDRI Shop? The other videos are very interesting as well.

I don't know but I suspect Horo could say how it could be done in Photoshop. I don't have photoshop and when I tried it, I didn't get on with it. Sunday morning chores avoided - lighting played with.

Lora http://www.daz3d.com/lora-for-v5-and-young-teens

Spot_test1.jpg
    850 x 850 - 134K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on
    edited December 1969

@David - looking good, both. I was too wrapped up with hyper shadows but I'm nearly done with it.

@franontheedge - nice cubes.

@Trish - the Camaro looks like in a catalogue.

edited December 2013

Thank you Horo......Just one more.....

Camaro2.jpg
    1245 x 621 - 290K
    Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 2013

Thank you Horo......Just one more.....

Great car, I like the green car and green fog combination, it might be worth considering tilting the camera, look at some of the action shots and you will see how the tilt can change the composition. https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Car+photos+action&espv=210&es_sm=93&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=B6ibUpnQFKSr7AaJk4CgBg&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1920&bih=988

Here, I hope Horo doesn't mind me borrowing on of his images for a little test.

First up the original image.

Second what I've grafted in using yet another Shadow Capture method (number four at last count I think now). So I didn't have the scene, just the first image. That's the point. Anything could be grafted into any image using this approach. That's the idea.

Quick_sc_test1.jpg
    1133 x 758 - 347K
    sunbathing_full.jpg
    1600 x 1067 - 577K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on
    edited December 1969

@Trish: Nice cars. They both look like something a car artist would do for a layout.

@David: Nice shadow results in that second image.

edited December 1969

@Trish - another nice one in the green haze.

@David - looking good, got to look more closely into it. Method 3 and obviously method 4 make the shadows appear to glow somewhat. The reason may be that the shadow capture is active, in the first two it is passive.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,987
    edited December 2013

You didn't see it? well I just uploaded a version without the weird ending that I did for the 'AIR scheme' - this is just the Moth:
    MothAlone
    I hope that you can see this one, it's pretty short.
    (AIR = Animator In Residence)

What are Image Ready C's? I don't think I've heard of those before. Why don't you use PhotoShop? I use mine all the time - more so when I'm using Bryce a lot. I do a lot of textures for use in Bryce and that means PhotoShop. I don't really understand why you'd stop using PS, but perhaps you had been using a feature of PhotoShop that I've not come across before? Maybe that's whatever these C's are?

By the way, how did you do that last pink rabbit? I was wondering about that. Is it glass? What did you do to the scene get it to look like a sunrise?

The Moth Alone link does not work, it shows an error.

I have an old version of Photoshop as I mentioned, “Photoshop Cs” version 7-very old, very outdated. To do animations I need to switch over to the Image Ready section of Photoshop. It’s actually part of the old version of Photoshop but it can be used alone too. The only reason why I don’t use Photoshop much these days is lack to time and I’m having lots of fun learning/ playing with Bryce. I did make some textures in Photoshop recently, the Denim and Satin ones which Fencepost mentioned.

Regarding the pink rabbit, I just deviated from David’s tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEW8o_-9klU, using an idea Rareth. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/26012/P75

I went for a pinkish, bluish sky and an orange color for global ambient. The ground plane has 30% transparency and 100% reflection and the bunny’s material only uses the extreme effect David mentions in the transparency channel and it is set at 100 refraction 153. Regular render but I did not use the TIR in the render only 4MRD.

Your cube renders are stunning.

Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited December 2013

Fencepost – thanks for the link. You got nice effects for the cubes renders.

Trish - you did a great job with the Camaro, I like the first one better.

David – thanks for the new tutorials.

Can't make up my mind which to try first, the chrome effect or the hyper gel ones or Art's Wings 3D :lol:

Inspired by the hyper texture experiments by the others; here’s a few examples. These experiments were very addictive and I had to force myself to stop.

hyper7.jpg
    600 x 600 - 76K
    hyper5.jpg
    600 x 600 - 43K
    hyper3.jpg
    600 x 600 - 54K
    hyper2.jpg
    600 x 600 - 66K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited December 1969

Horo: thank you

Guss: thanks

Mermaid: Thanks I like the purple one sort of in the middle.....

David: looked at the link...came up with this image....made the fog and clouds a orange tint....put it on a water plane with your gold...and reared it up.....Trish

orange_68.jpg
    1017 x 508 - 191K
    edited December 1969

@mermaid010 - nice shapes. The last one is a bit busy for my taste.

@Trish - interesting position of the car.

edited December 1969

Trish, radical Orange! Now are we going to consider the compression of the suspension? Weight transfer, momentum, counter steer? Once you've started down this route, it's a whole new world of possibilities for unusual compositions.

Mermaid, pleasing to see the tuts are providing so much entertainment.

I've been following Arts today. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7-Zsjb6KEM

Art_Wades_Rolled_Sphere1_in_RTR1.jpg
    1700 x 850 - 401K
    edited December 1969

@mermaid: Those are really neat.

@Trish: Really neat how the rear wheels of that last car image seem to meld with the reflection. Nice look.

edited December 1969

@David - the wood on the balls and the table match perfectly.

• DangerladDangerlad Posts: 0
    edited December 2013

To all that have posted renders over the past few days, I like what I have seen. I've been off the grid just a bit over the holiday weekend so was able to view the posts.

I am posting some renders I have done based on the videos that David and Art have posted.

The first two renders are based mostly on David's Hyper TA Gel light videos. The first one is with all default grey materials but when I rendered it I noticed that it produce anti-fireflies (black dots as opposed to the traditional bright spots. The sphere on the right of the image is based on Art's Rolled ball video but it rendered oddly (then again I did this render after doing the colored render so that might be the issue). The second image (rendered first) uses David's extreme Chrome material video for most of the objects. The Buddha in the back is one of the Stanford Scanning models and has a pink granite material that I created myself.

The third render is following David's Chrome material video with some slight modifications. I added in some red to the defuse channel on the sphere and used one of David and Horo's metals for the scaffolding (from the P43 set).

The final render is of Art's Rolled Balls (both as the video instructs and with a minor mod on my part). The mod was instead of doing a 90 degree rotate I did a 45 degree rotate. My versions are the balls tinted blue while Art's versions are tinted green.

EDIT - The pictures are not in the order I listed above.
    Picture 1 is listed last.
    Pictures 2 and 3 are listed first.
    And Picture 4 is the third in the list above.

Rolled_Balls.jpg
    800 x 800 - 573K
    Chrome_Test1.jpg
    1050 x 700 - 677K
    Hyper_TA_Gel_light_test_2.jpg
    995 x 995 - 1M
    Hyper_TA_Gel_light_test_default_grey.jpg
    995 x 995 - 1M
    Post edited by Dangerlad on
  • franontheedgefranontheedge Posts: 342
    edited December 2013

Fencepost – thanks for the link. You got nice effects for the cubes renders.

Trish - you did a great job with the Camaro, I like the first one better.

David – thanks for the new tutorials.

Can't make up my mind which to try first, the chrome effect or the hyper gel ones or Art's Wings 3D :lol:

Inspired by the hyper texture experiments by the others; here’s a few examples. These experiments were very addictive and I had to force myself to stop.

I like the 3rd image best, I feel it has some nice contrasts.
    But OMG - you got mylar in no 4, how did you DO that? I've been trying for ages to get that effect. The model is coloured a little pale I feel, but the background, wow!
    Can you remember how you got that effect?

Thanks for the links (about the pink rabbit) I'll go take a look at those when I have some time. Just now I need to rest my neck, and I'm very busy tomorrow - dog training.

I think - I HOPE - I've fixed the moth video link, sorry about that.
    Try this:
    MothVid

Plus at the moment I'm looking into RoadKill - or even (horrors!) Blender.... (spooky noises off) all to find a way to UV map the holey cube....

Post edited by franontheedge on
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Still positively plodding on with Peter the Polar Bear... Print production is pending.

Well I'm having a few hundred printed myself at the moment to do some market research.
    I've got a few shops lined up to sell them in and more in the pipeline.
    I'm hoping to pick up on some of the last minute Christmas rush panic buyers :lol:

So, I've completed 12 designs for now. 6 portrait and 6 landscape... The high resolution renders took an average of 12 hours each and I've been working round the clock to get them all done and to print as soon as possible.

DAZUploadP.jpg
    650 x 656 - 217K
    DAZUploadL.jpg
    650 x 656 - 219K
    edited December 2013

@Dangerlad: All of those images look great, especially the last one.

@Dave: All of those images are simply fantastic. I do hope they do well on the market.

Took advantage of the 50% off everything sale and purchased three products, thank you David and Horo. I played around a bit with the park bench I've been using and material from one of these applications, wasn't concerned with lighting or anything else. The image below I call Rusted Park Bench. Glad I'm not a painter.

Rusted_Park_Bench_1.png
    757 x 757 - 366K
    Post edited by GussNemo on
    edited December 1969

I like the 3rd image best, I feel it has some nice contrasts.
    But OMG - you got mylar in no 4, how did you DO that? I've been trying for ages to get that effect. The model is coloured a little pale I feel, but the background, wow!
    Can you remember how you got that effect?

Thanks for the links (about the pink rabbit) I'll go take a look at those when I have some time. Just now I need to rest my neck, and I'm very busy tomorrow - dog training.

I think - I HOPE - I've fixed the moth video link, sorry about that.
    Try this:
    MothVid

Plus at the moment I'm looking into RoadKill - or even (horrors!) Blender.... (spooky noises off) all to find a way to UV map the holey cube....

I used Fencepost’s example here http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/32589/P60 for the ground plane but added a hyper texture in the 2nd channel for Anisotropy 3%. For the Hdri I used one of my abstracts which I saved as an Hdri.

Guess what, the video is still showing as an error. It's okay, don't worry about it. After viewing some of Oroboros tutorials, my new year’s resolution is to learn Bryce Animation. I think I will manage something using both Robin Wood’s notes and Oroboros’ videos.

edited December 1969

Thanks all for the comments.

Dangerlad-all the renders are very nicely done.

Dave – The cards are beautiful. All the best for successful deals.

Guss- the material for the bench is awesome.

3 renders using Bryce "Nuts and Bolts" - Chrome material recipe - by David Brinnen

chrome4.jpg
    600 x 600 - 75K
    chrome3.jpg
    600 x 600 - 85K
    chrome2.jpg
    600 x 600 - 121K
    edited December 1969

@Dangerlad - interesting experiments.

@Dave - I wish you success with your cards. Each one of them looks really great.

@GussNemo - small wonder the park bench has rusted. Who would find it to sit on it in the nowhere. ;-P

@mermaid010 - nice results. I like the effect on the floor on the 2nd and 3rd.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Still positively plodding on with Peter the Polar Bear... Print production is pending.

Well I'm having a few hundred printed myself at the moment to do some market research.
    I've got a few shops lined up to sell them in and more in the pipeline.
    I'm hoping to pick up on some of the last minute Christmas rush panic buyers :lol:

So, I've completed 12 designs for now. 6 portrait and 6 landscape... The high resolution renders took an average of 12 hours each and I've been working round the clock to get them all done and to print as soon as possible.

One of those shops doesn't happen to be in Mid Glamorgan does it? lol

• Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 489
    edited December 1969

Jamahoney said:
    Love the first Orange cube-light, Fencepost, while the last Purple one looks like the Borg are in your sights ;)Jay

Thanks, Jama! Yes I'm borg hunting....they are in season, right? ;)

@fran: Wish I could give you some suggestions on correcting the UV map, but I haven't experimented too much with that, so my advice wouldn't be helpful at all. The cubes look good, even with the "cutthroat" effect. :)

@trish: Nice Camaro renders. I like the green one best, but that's because green is my favorite color. :) If you put a Confederate flag on the orange one, it would almost resemble Duke's of Hazzard! Where's Daisy Duke and those cutoff denim shorts!?!?!?! *Whistles*

@mermaid: In the first series of renders, I like the brushed texture effect on the first one and how the HDRI reflections form "X's" on the top of the model. Love the "mylar" effect on the last one. Overall, I think my favorite is the third one. For the second series of renders I can't decide which I like best; they're all great! I love the material you used and the bump texture. Also like how you left some of the "rolls" unsmoothed in the last one. Great work!

@David: Nice work as always. Looking forward to learning about the shadow capture stuff you and Horo are working on. Will that be a new product or can you disclose at this time?

@Dangerlad: Great renders and nice work with using a different rotation angle. Experimentation is the key to discovery. I actually like the graininess in the first two renders. To me, it's not overpowering and adds to the outcome. Love the chrome render.

@Dave: The cards look great. Best of luck with the marketing.

@Guss: The park bench is great. I suspect it would be a good idea to make sure your tetanus booster shot is up-to-date before sitting there. :)

edited December 1969

Looking forward to learning about the shadow capture stuff you and Horo are working on. Will that be a new product or can you disclose at this time?

Just finished testing variant 5. We are working on a product, but we are not yet there.
    edited December 1969

Thanks Horo and Fencepost. It's nice to see the results following David's tutorial.

I'm having a problem with the light projecting hyper gel, I'm getting a black render even after rechecking everything. I think I need a better image. ;) Best is to leave it for now, and try again tomorrow.

• DangerladDangerlad Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

A little more experimenting with Art's Rolled Ball objects. The two renders are of the same set of objects. The one in which the balls are red and green is hopefully label in such a way as to make the other render understandable. In short I took Art's video and did the following:

1) Rotate one half by 90°, 45°, and 30° and then finished as in Art's video.
    2) Rotate one half by 90°, 45°, and 30° and then finished using David's method of using Connect while in Vertex mode.
    3) Rotate one half by 30° and then finished by Tessellating the sphere.
    4) Rotate one half by 30° and then finished by Tessellating the sphere using Doo Sabin Subdivision instead of Smoothing.
    5) Rotate one half by 90° along each each of the axises and finishing in a manor similar to Art's video.
    6) Rotate one half by 90° along each each of the axises and using David's method of using Connect while in Vertex mode.

The proper render used materials from the P43 metals set (I think, can't remember now). Its light with Horo's Old Heating room HDRI with the Bryce sun at a lessened diffuse level.

Rolled_Balls_final.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 1M
    Rolled_Balls_Test_Labeled.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 788K
This discussion has been closed.