GENERAL FREEBIE REQUESTS Part 2

Comments

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,684
    edited December 1969

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6cxH1GgU5hONjdHQUJraEMtSjA/edit?usp=sharing

copy the folder "GL3K" from the textures folder in the zip file to your runtime/textures folder
    import the obj, I used some free shaders on sharecg for the base and the mirror
    the "base" should parent the "applicator" and "case" files, this is done by dragging the item names from the content window on top of the item name "MakeupBase" in that window. When you move or scale the "base" the other two will move and scale with it as long as they are parented.

In the Surfaces palette:
    select the drop down for the surfaces labeled palette1,2&3 on the base and browse to your textures/GL3K and select the image "makeup.jpg"
    select the drop down in Bump Map llabeled material on the applicator and select the image "Cotton.jpg"
    set the bump to 10, the min to 0 and the max to 1

Test render, make any tweaks and save the file once you have everything where you want it.

I had a horrible home coming after work with bills, lots of bills (so nice to have those before the holidays...)
    To see the eyeshadow case really made me smile, thank you!
    Sometimes it's the little things in live!
    At this point I just want to hug you LOL
    I'll be using this in the freebie contest :D

• PhiloppPhilopp Posts: 290
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Hello dear all,

are there parachute or paraglider props (free or paid) arround? I didn't find any in shop so asking here.

Greetings
    P.

http://www.3dcadbrowser.com/download.aspx?3dmodel=14100
    http://www.3dcadbrowser.com/download.aspx?3dmodel=6593
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/71679/browse/5/3D-Model/Sukhoi-Su-7-BKL
    http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/357093c

Thank you very much Kerya

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

Estroyer said:

I had a horrible home coming after work with bills, lots of bills (so nice to have those before the holidays...)
    To see the eyeshadow case really made me smile, thank you!
    Sometimes it's the little things in live!
    At this point I just want to hug you LOL
    I'll be using this in the freebie contest :D

as long as it's not against the TOS (the hug, not the contest.)

I'm really glad you liked it, I hope it works and I'll use this too so it's a win for me.
    I'm going to work on this a little more and see why Studio does not like were I put the origin in Blender and moves it about an inch behind so opening and closing this thing works really nice in Blender with rotate, not so nice in Studio. I also want to tweak a few of the shapes and make it a little more detailed and I'll post the final on sharecg or something when it's done, I might add some other pieces as well.

• katfeetekatfeete Posts: 247
    edited December 1969

Does anyone know, for free or paid, of a simple modern hatchet? Like this, the sort of things backpackers carry and those of us who light fires for heat use for splitting kindling. All I can find is fantasy weapons and while a lot of them are very pretty, they're not what I'm needing at the moment.

A belt holster would be nice, but now I'm just dreaming. :D

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969
  • Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited November 2013

wilmap said:
    He's looking for a small hand hatchet, not a full-sized ax.

I've found two possibilities on ShareCG.com. Both are relatively low-polygon, and the second is far more detailed than the first, but non-commercial use only. It's also hard to tell if it's a small hand ax (a hatchet) or a full-sized ax, because of the angle. The first one is definitely a hatchet, but not the most detailed or realistic.

model small hand ax

Modern Ax

Post edited by Tramp Graphics on
    edited November 2013

Anyone know of any Merchant Resource packs (free or paid) for realistic fur? Like the type in Furify by Mariah. To add to clothing not animals.

Post edited by Wilmap on
    edited December 1969

Thanks Kerya, will take a look.

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,646
    edited November 2013

katfeete said:
    Does anyone know, for free or paid, of a simple modern hatchet? Like this, the sort of things backpackers carry and those of us who light fires for heat use for splitting kindling. All I can find is fantasy weapons and while a lot of them are very pretty, they're not what I'm needing at the moment.

Turbo has a free rusty hatchet
    http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/free-3ds-model-rusty-hatchet-old/573905
    It is mapped so you can retexture it if you want. Registration is free.

Post edited by DollyGirl on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,570
    edited November 2013

Dollygirl said:
    katfeete said:

...if you have Hexagon or Carrara you can convert it to a .obj for use in Daz Studio.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,646
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Dollygirl said:
    katfeete said:

...if you have Hexagon or Carrara you can convert it to a .obj for use in Daz Studio.

For this one Kyoto, you don't need to do this. It comes in obj format for once!

• katfeetekatfeete Posts: 247
    edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:

Yay! This worked perfectly! (Tramp Graphics's first model was also exactly what I wanted, but the non-commercial thing made me uncomfortable -- I'm never sure where the comic stands. And it wasn't retexture-friendly.)

Thanks everyone for the help, I knew something simple like this had to be out there somewhere.

• CaligoCaligo Posts: 18
    edited December 1969

Hi,
    Does anyone plan to make a set of medieval armor for Genesis 1, 2 or Michael 5? (those are the models I have)
    Or is there any floating around already out there?

I use DAZ Studio 4.6 and if it's possible I'd like the armor to be free, because my family is going through a tough time right now.

~Thanks

• fleetppfleetpp Posts: 199
    edited December 1969

Hi,
    Does anyone plan to make a set of medieval armor for Genesis 1, 2 or Michael 5? (those are the models I have)

I use DAZ Studio 4.6 and if it's possible I'd like the armor to be free, because my family is going through a tough time right now.

~Thanks

There's free armor for Michael 3 that you might be able to use at the 3D Sara Creations (3dsc) medieval project web site. Here's the link.
    http://3dsc.francemi.net/medieval.htm.

edited December 1969

fleetpp said:
    Hi,

~Thanks

There's free armor for Michael 3 that you might be able to use at the 3D Sara Creations (3dsc) medieval project web site. Here's the link.
    http://3dsc.francemi.net/medieval.htm.

Thank you,
    I downloaded it, and although it doesn't really fit any of the figures I own. It's way better than what I had before! (which was er- nothing)

I can't thank you enough for this! :cheese:

edited December 1969

It works nicely, it just takes some extra posing! I need the practice anyways. :-P

I'm really looking forward to getting the Michael 3.0 model now, it seems all of the really cool medieval stuff is given to him anyway! :-)

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,293
    edited November 2013

There is an M4 armor set that will auto fit to Genesis if you want to try it. There's also other addons and armor for the mil horse.
    http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=mongloid

Post edited by Faeryl Womyn on
    edited December 1969

CalieVee said:
    There is an M4 armor set that will auto fit to Genesis if you want to try it. There's also other addons and armor for the mil horse.

Wow thanks!
    That looks really cool!

I wish I could give you people something for helping me. :)

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

CalieVee said:

Wow thanks!
    That looks really cool!

I wish I could give you people something for helping me. :)Eventually, you'll get to the point where you see somebody ask for something and you'll know where to find it - you can "pay it forward" then by sharing what you remember.

edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    CalieVee said:

Wow thanks!
    That looks really cool!

I wish I could give you people something for helping me. :)

Eventually, you'll get to the point where you see somebody ask for something and you'll know where to find it - you can "pay it forward" then by sharing what you remember.

Sure, I'd be totally happy to help when the oppurtunity arises!

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited December 1969

Hi all :)

Does anyone know where there's a free or paid safety patrol belt, preferably for Genesis? I'd also be willing to pay a reasonable amount if someone made one ;-)

edited December 1969

Does anyone know where there's a free or paid safety patrol belt, preferably for Genesis? I'd also be willing to pay a reasonable amount if someone made one ;-)

I'm not up to conforming clothing now (e.g.not capable, I'm not being lazy) but you could probably get something done with a texture and bump or displace over a genesis shirt using photoshop or gimp.

• TjebTjeb Posts: 507
    edited November 2013

I had to look it up in Google Images to see what you mean.
    Something like this ?

Safetybelt.jpg
    820 x 960 - 46K
    Post edited by Tjeb on
    edited November 2013

tjeb said:
    I had to look it up in Google Images to see what you mean.
    Something like this ?

Yes please :-)

Sorry for the inconvenience; I should have provided a link :red:

Post edited by 3dLux on
    edited December 1969

I'm not up to conforming clothing now (e.g.not capable, I'm not being lazy) but you could probably get something done with a texture and bump or displace over a genesis shirt using photoshop or gimp.

I don't think I understand what you mean. Add it to the texture :question:

• TjebTjeb Posts: 507
    edited December 1969

It's not perfect, it is not for Genesis.
    But until you find something better.
    Go to shareCG, poser menu, type 'varsel' (the creator. He makes very nice props)
    Look for: LoRez Poyale Guard. (the typo 'P' is not from me)

edited November 2013

I don't think I understand what you mean. Add it to the texture :question:

If your figure is wearing a t-shirt and that t-shirt has a texture you could "draw" a safety patrol belt on that texture in photoshop or gimp which are image editing software packages, then save the new file to the same folder as your original texture. Highlight the textured shit in Studio with the surface selection tool and go to the Diffuse color tab and change the texture to the one you just saved. to give it more realism you could convert the image to black & white, make the shirt 50% gray (which is "flat" when you displace or bump) and make the belt 100& white (which is pumped all the way up to extrude based on the positive value of the bump and displacement settings) and use this is a bump and/or displacement image save under a new file name, then go to your bump and/or displacement tab and load that image as your bump and/or displacement and adjust the value until you get the visual effect of the belt above the texture of the shirt.
    the really annoying part about trying to show you is im on a Mac and it pains me to say it but Windows Explorer runs circles around Macs when you are trying to modify things inside one app and bridge to another without having to go hunting in the finder but on the PC you can browse to the image, right click and open in another app (like photoshop).
    Mind you a model, especially a conforming one is going to give you a more dynamic options, the texture thing is not good for closeups and it may not look like anything more than an embroidered patch between the texture you made and the bump/displacement you added.

Post edited by StratDragon on
  • MotoTsumeMotoTsume Posts: 520
    edited December 1969

I am looking for the pose in this picture of Mila Kunis

Thanks for any response :)

Image3.jpg
    460 x 678 - 70K
    edited December 1969

tjeb said:
    It's not perfect, it is not for Genesis.
    But until you find something better.
    Go to shareCG, poser menu, type 'varsel' (the creator. He makes very nice props)
    Look for: LoRez Poyale Guard. (the typo 'P' is not from me)

Thank you so much for the tip, tjeb :)

If your figure is wearing a t-shirt and that t-shirt has a texture you could "draw" a safety patrol belt on that texture in photoshop or gimp which are image editing software packages, then save the new file to the same folder as your original texture. Highlight the textured shit in Studio with the surface selection tool and go to the Diffuse color tab and change the texture to the one you just saved. to give it more realism you could convert the image to black & white, make the shirt 50% gray (which is "flat" when you displace or bump) and make the belt 100& white (which is pumped all the way up to extrude based on the positive value of the bump and displacement settings) and use this is a bump and/or displacement image save under a new file name, then go to your bump and/or displacement tab and load that image as your bump and/or displacement and adjust the value until you get the visual effect of the belt above the texture of the shirt.
    the really annoying part about trying to show you is im on a Mac and it pains me to say it but Windows Explorer runs circles around Macs when you are trying to modify things inside one app and bridge to another without having to go hunting in the finder but on the PC you can browse to the image, right click and open in another app (like photoshop).
    Mind you a model, especially a conforming one is going to give you a more dynamic options, the texture thing is not good for closeups and it may not look like anything more than an embroidered patch between the texture you made and the bump/displacement you added.

Thank you so much for the tut, StratDragon; will give it a try :)

This discussion has been closed.