[Released!] VisualMenus [Commercial]

Comments

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited September 2019

Here is my first window. Hope you like it.

I am wondering if some simple one-click-and-they-do-it scripts for the following items are out there whether free or at cost. I just need them to do exactly what they need to do without fanfare and without opening any other windows for decisions to be made. I want simple click and it works scripts.

Are there scripts for the following items:

-A simple mirror pose script that flips things on the Y axis without having to open the symmety window.

-a "Copy Pose To Other Side Recursive" this Posing Taskbar to copy the other side of a figure recursively from the point selected, 

-a "Zero Pose from Recursive point forward" so that if you bungled a hand pose, want to start from scratch on the hand, but want to keep the rest of the figure; select the forearm and click the button. 

Again, I don't want it to open another window where I have to make decisions or click anything, I just want to click it, have it do it and then go on to the next thing.

Are these Scripts out there?

Thank you for your help. :)

Bodypose Window.jpg
    528 x 336 - 18K
    Post edited by RKane_1 on

Huh... asked and answered. A few of these work fine with G8M... so... here.

https://sharecg.com/v/76667/browse/8/Script/Updated-Daz-Studio-Posing-Scripts-now-for-G3F

Anyone have a really good source for scripts?

• evacynevacyn Posts: 950
    edited September 2019
    bitwelder said:

Just wanted to let everyone know that there will be a 1.1 update soon. Also I will try to anwer these questions in the next few days.

Awesome! I've been waiting for an update. One of the features I'm hoping for is to resize existing menus... There are are a few I've created that I've filled and don't want to recreate from scratch as larger menus.
    Post edited by evacyn on
  • bitwelderbitwelder Posts: 212
    edited September 2019

Here is a video showing the major features of the VisualMenus 1.1 Update:

https://youtu.be/vlODLYP7G2Q

Post edited by bitwelder on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142

Left a note on your YouTube video page there.  Thanks for the video...

• JhudJhud Posts: 30

Can you please include an option to export these Visual Menus to a new location so that the Visual Menus can be imported in to Daz Studio at a later date.  There would also have to be an import button/option to import the Visual Menus from a specific location. The reason I ask is because my original Visual Menus was created in one version of Daz Studio and yet when I start using the new versions I have to recreate the menus instead of being able to import the menu into the current version. I sure hope this makes sense. I love this product.

Is there anyway you can make it so that existing menus can be modified or upgraded?

Is there any way you can make windows stay open after a button is clicked?

Can you put dials on windows?

Sorry, I know the answers are probably "No" but i was wondering the reasons why and if it was a possibility for the future. :)

• evacynevacyn Posts: 950
    bitwelder said:

I just finished watching the video - brilliant! Thank you so much for all of these fantastic updates :) I can't imagine using DAZ without this.

edited September 2019

P.S. Bitwelder? Thank you so much for VisualMenus. I JUST got it but it has DRASTICALLY changed how I use DAZ for the better.

Kudos, man.

KUDOS! :)

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,024
    RKane_1 said:

KUDOS! :)

Oh man, I loved those.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    Jhud said:

Can you please include an option to export these Visual Menus to a new location so that the Visual Menus can be imported in to Daz Studio at a later date.  There would also have to be an import button/option to import the Visual Menus from a specific location. The reason I ask is because my original Visual Menus was created in one version of Daz Studio and yet when I start using the new versions I have to recreate the menus instead of being able to import the menu into the current version. I sure hope this makes sense. I love this product.

Find the folder where they are and save it; you can copy that to a new install. You have to re-create the shortcuts, but otherwise they work.

Can you make a button on the menu simply execute a command or script without having to open a Visual Menus script?

• bitwelderbitwelder Posts: 212
    edited September 2019
    Jhud said:

I'm not sure if this is what you are asking for, but there are the export/import buttons on the VisualMenus dashboard. You could use that to bring in your visual menus from, say, the beta version of Daz Studio, to the release version of Daz Studio. Is this what you are looking for?

import export.jpg
    548 x 635 - 33K
    Post edited by bitwelder on
  • RKane_1 said:

Can you make a button on the menu simply execute a command or script without having to open a Visual Menus script?

Hmmm...could you elaborate on what you mean?  I thought this is how it works, but I probably am misunderstanding what you mean. Could you give me a screenshot to illustrate? Thanks.

• RKane_1 said:

P.S. Bitwelder? Thank you so much for VisualMenus. I JUST got it but it has DRASTICALLY changed how I use DAZ for the better.

Kudos, man.

Thanks, glad to hear it!

• evacyn said:
    bitwelder said:

I just finished watching the video - brilliant! Thank you so much for all of these fantastic updates :) I can't imagine using DAZ without this.

Thanks! :)

• RKane_1 said:

Is there anyway you can make it so that existing menus can be modified or upgraded?

If you mean, change the layout, add more buttons to an existing menu, that will probably not happen anytime soon. With the 1.1 update you'll be able to copy the actions from one menu to a new menu.

RKane_1 said:

Is there any way you can make windows stay open after a button is clicked?

I tried to get this to work but ran into unexpected, strange issues. I will take another look at this for a possible 1.2 update. 

RKane_1 said:

Can you put dials on windows?

Interesting idea! I'll have to look into this for a possible future update. I don't know if this would work or not.

RKane_1 said:

Sorry, I know the answers are probably "No" but i was wondering the reasons why and if it was a possibility for the future. :)

• evacyn said:
    bitwelder said:

Just wanted to let everyone know that there will be a 1.1 update soon. Also I will try to anwer these questions in the next few days.

Awesome! I've been waiting for an update. One of the features I'm hoping for is to resize existing menus... There are are a few I've created that I've filled and don't want to recreate from scratch as larger menus.

There is something like this in the 1.1 update: you can copy all the actions of one menu to a new menu. This is good if you have outgrown your current menu and need more buttons. See the demo video for a demonstration.

• RKane_1 said:

Here is my first window. Hope you like it.

I am wondering if some simple one-click-and-they-do-it scripts for the following items are out there whether free or at cost. I just need them to do exactly what they need to do without fanfare and without opening any other windows for decisions to be made. I want simple click and it works scripts.

Are there scripts for the following items:

-A simple mirror pose script that flips things on the Y axis without having to open the symmety window.

-a "Copy Pose To Other Side Recursive" this Posing Taskbar to copy the other side of a figure recursively from the point selected, 

-a "Zero Pose from Recursive point forward" so that if you bungled a hand pose, want to start from scratch on the hand, but want to keep the rest of the figure; select the forearm and click the button. 

Again, I don't want it to open another window where I have to make decisions or click anything, I just want to click it, have it do it and then go on to the next thing.

Are these Scripts out there?

Thank you for your help. :)

Wow! This is awesome...

bitwelder said:
    RKane_1 said:

Hmmm...could you elaborate on what you mean?  I thought this is how it works, but I probably am misunderstanding what you mean. Could you give me a screenshot to illustrate? Thanks.

I simply mean, can you make say a script activate when you press a button on your task bar? I think this is something the basic program can do without visualmensu but I have something in mind that integrates Visual menus for me along with some more basic scripts I use often.

Yep, found a tutorial for it. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6j2rVZ0B04

So I can now integrate this knowledge with the Visual Menus program and WOOT! Customization heaven. 

• LauritaLaurita Posts: 190

I just bought it, but the Download ist stil VM 1 without the update. As well vie DIM as the offline file.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

The update isn't live yet.

edited September 2019
    bitwelder said:
    RKane_1 said:

This because I said the opposite of what I meant. I am SOOOOO smart. So, strike that, reverse it. :)

I meant, can you make a Visual Menu that stays open on the screen despite multiple buttons having been pressed on it? :)

I think you answered that earlier as a no, though. Correct?

What is the best source for wrting your own scripts?

Are there some good tutorials out there?

Is it possible to make a breakout menu with dials on it of your morphs or poses?

•  

RKane_1 said:

What is the best source for wrting your own scripts?

Are there some good tutorials out there?

You may know about these already, but in case you don't...

The script samples are a fantastic source of Dazscript knowledge. If you go through all of the sample scripts and eat them, you'll know quite a bit:

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/start

mCasual has a huge library of scripts which are another excellent source for study/learning:

https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts/

Also check out the Dazscript forum...lots of great info, and helpful people. The Daz Studio developers even share their knowledge there frequently, answering questions, etc.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/categories/daz-script-developer-discussion

Before any of that, I'd recommend learning some basic JavaScript online or from books. I believe Daz Studio uses ECMAScript 5, an older version of JavaScript, so you'd want to search for that.

RKane_1 said:

Is it possible to make a breakout menu with dials on it of your morphs or poses?

Maybe...I'd have to look into it. Thanks for the idea!

• RKane_1 said:
    bitwelder said:
    RKane_1 said:

This because I said the opposite of what I meant. I am SOOOOO smart. So, strike that, reverse it. :)

I meant, can you make a Visual Menu that stays open on the screen despite multiple buttons having been pressed on it? :)

I think you answered that earlier as a no, though. Correct?

I believe I tried to implement this and ran into some issues. I like the idea, and will take another look at it for a possible future version.

bitwelder said:

RKane_1 said:

Maybe...I'd have to look into it. Thanks for the idea!

My idea was to put a menu together for the head/neck and all of its basic poses (Not expressions, too many there) and for the hands to instantly open and adjust as needed but ti would require the menu to stay open, of course. I has ideas, I has. :) Also a torso one for twist, bend and side-side.

edited September 2019

Also, is it possible to include graphic on the menus we have now? I want to have a little head emblem and torso emblem by certain buttons.