Look at my Hair (LAMH) Official Thread: update 1.6.0.2 released

Comments

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933
    L'Adair said:

It's simple: type the "@" followed by the member's forum name.

Thanks a lot for explaining! :)

L'Adair said:

Unfortunately, it made no difference when saving the scene with both LAMH groups in the scene. It still crashed DS when loading.

Hmmm yeah, you're right DS does not want to load my scene with the two cats (also using the beta; my "general release" is a 4.6 as a backup because old .daz files don't really load in 4.11). Weird.

I made a few tests, and it does not mind two furry primitives of the same type, but doesn't want to load two furry figures with the same geometry.

But it loads a scene with two different furry figures fine (disclaimer: at least older, Poser type of figures).

You could use a workaround, I think: if you save one of the same-base figures with its LAMH group out as a scene subset, and delete it from the scene before saving, it should work fine. And then the scene subset can be merged back later (but you will need to remember to save one figure out as a subset and delete it every time you save the scene).

• Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153

There is some twitchiness with some aspects that I haven't got full notes on, but maybe figure out if there's another workflow you can get around that.

L'Adair,

For the posing portion of the program, you don't really need the preset attached.  You can pose your nekked cubs & apply the preset at the end.

As such, have your tried posing both cubs first, save the scene, etc. then attach the corresponding preset to each cub?  What'd I'd do at that point is to only make fur for one at a time.  Reparent the fur to the figure then remove the LAMH items. And save the scene at this point.  See if you can Exit DS and load it now.  See if you can now proceed with the 2nd cub.

If there's still an issue, I'd take your Two posed Cubs scene, save each cub off to a sepeate scene.  Create your fur for each but still remove the Rman items for the sceen save.  Now you should be able to load one & do a Scene Merge load.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited July 2019

There is some twitchiness with some aspects that I haven't got full notes on, but maybe figure out if there's another workflow you can get around that.

L'Adair,

For the posing portion of the program, you don't really need the preset attached.  You can pose your nekked cubs & apply the preset at the end.

As such, have your tried posing both cubs first, save the scene, etc. then attach the corresponding preset to each cub?  What'd I'd do at that point is to only make fur for one at a time.  Reparent the fur to the figure then remove the LAMH items. And save the scene at this point.  See if you can Exit DS and load it now.  See if you can now proceed with the 2nd cub.

If there's still an issue, I'd take your Two posed Cubs scene, save each cub off to a sepeate scene.  Create your fur for each but still remove the Rman items for the sceen save.  Now you should be able to load one & do a Scene Merge load.

@mdwhitney_17f0196a22, Because I'm using 3Delight to render, I don't have to make the scene poly-heavy by converting the hair to OBJ or Fiber Mesh. It renders just fine with only the LAMH Group(s). (If I were using Iray, we wouldn't be having this conversation! lol)

Anyway, I always pose the figure before attaching LAMH. It isn't the last thing I do before rendering, but only because it may be necessary to tweak a pose once I can see where the hair goes. But those are tiny increments.

It's a bit of a pain to save the scene with only one LAMH Group, and then reload for the other figure(s), but not that much of an issue, especially loading presets as Mustakettu85 detailed earlier; Once the image is done, I won't actually need to revisit the scene. I'm not doing a series, or anything like that.

I feel much better knowing it's a limitation of the technology, and not something I did wrong.

Once again, I'd like to thank you and @Mustakettu85 both for your time and your patience. It is greatly appreciated.

Post edited by L'Adair on

Ah.  I never tried it with 3Dlight so didn't know it could even do that.  That makes a big difference then so isn't system resources issue most likely. Somehings getting confused internally using the same base figure.  Hopefully AM will pop up with some comments on that specific situation as it can't be that uncommon.

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933

Hopefully AM will pop up with some comments on that specific situation as it can't be that uncommon.

Yeah, would be nice to know if it's just one of those LAMH limitations (like the parenting-related insta-crash) or if it got broken due to DS updates.

L'Adair said:

Once again, I'd like to thank you and @Mustakettu85 both for your time and your patience. It is greatly appreciated.

And thank you! 

I was having issues like that prior to 4.11 such as renaming the newly generated groups before unparenting them from the preset. 

There's something in the editor too where toggling follicle groups or one of those panels that suddenly everything just vanishes if you toggle something or accidently turn all off.

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724

I still need to find a way to mimic the traits of a special breed of dog (Weirmaraner) that sota looks like a long-eared lab but has a cropped tail, like a Doberman. I prefer only to use LAMH animals. I don't even buy animals without some form of hair, usually LAMH.

I need a dog with, preferably, LAMH presets and the ability to crop the tail and elongate the ears. And what happens to the hair when a tail is cropped? Is there a LAMH preset for daz dog 8?

82fb0c4fa880de4c1c4e2bb71c7bd638.jpg
    1194 x 800 - 760K
    c8c4ee21f03d4a403a6722312de95400.jpg
    723 x 1080 - 847K
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

Catalyzer Gorilla

Checking Messages

2019-07-17 23:36:18.938 Total Rendering Time: 2 hours 28.42 seconds

Click on image for full size.

edited July 2019

If I want to use LAMH presets created for dog 8 (here in the forum as freebies in the dog 8 thread) on dForce Oso Pooka for Daz Dog 8 instead of the dforce furs, does anyone know how that would work? Same curiosity for the dForce Oso Lechuza for DAZ Dog 8, too.

More curiosity ... if I want to use the fur from Big Cat-Dog for Daz Dog 8 on the dachshund, make him have tiger or lion fur, how would I do that? I'd love a lion chihuahua, lol. Does anyone know how to morph a chihuahua? And how hard would using the skins and hair and tail morphs from Anubis Hound for Daz Dog 8 on any other dog 8 breed be?

Post edited by WillowRaven on

If I want to use LAMH presets created for dog 8 (here in the forum as freebies in the dog 8 thread)

Might you have a link to those?

edited July 2019

If I want to use LAMH presets created for dog 8 (here in the forum as freebies in the dog 8 thread)

Might you have a link to those?

I found links in this thread, which lead me to other places, sometimes.

Post edited by WillowRaven on

I'd like some LAMH presets for the toon cat. I'd be willing to buy the model for the person willing to create LAMH preset for me. Anyone interested?

• Amazing how quickly everyone got a handle on TBH... lots of amazing stuff here.

I tried the short, freebie LAMH preset for dog 8 found here in the forums and I'm either doing something wrong or missing a step. Ideas?

I'm trying to match the photo of the real dog on the right.

blitz 2.jpg
    980 x 700 - 439K

Actually, that's not looking too bad to be honest.  I know you're trying to match the snap, but perhaps try lighting more from the side instead of straight on.  With the preset, did you go with just the Standard or Human Hair?

That's the straight preset ... says 'human hair preset'

Ok, so you should have more surface controls to adjust things such as Spec then for the fur. Lighting angle can show drastic differences depending on the surface attributes, especially with Iray.

I suspect once you get the piercing gray eyes working it'll start falling into place. The Weirmaraner's I'm familiar with had gray coats, so along with the eyes were pretty stunning.  Like a Starling but huge & on four legs.

I don't work with iray.

The author keeps saying his dog is grey, too, but from the pics, he's brown, lol ... with hazel eyes. He only looks greyish in one pic.

9707246c1bacc8da0425d953c129b9f7.jpg
    724 x 1080 - 812K
    a75fa762c2395f72e518933417e6437e.jpg
    1135 x 784 - 796K
    c8c4ee21f03d4a403a6722312de95400.jpg
    723 x 1080 - 847K
    e31cb3e488b1f398ed6f339a4df68104.jpg
    406 x 570 - 111K
    ea9c5471adffaee24316f96e5e757e07.jpg
    722 x 1080 - 844K
    2cd1f21c6acc62abc27c05ac81c3e3a4.jpg
    640 x 480 - 192K
  • RuntuRuntu Posts: 98

Note sure what is going on, I just installed my LAMH, had some issues activating it, but it looks like all is there.

2 problems, one I can't seem to find it to doc it, it shows up in my Pane, however, I can't doc, next when I try to get it to work, I select my object and the go to Create new LAMH, when the window opens there is nothing in the display?

Please help.

Sharen

LAMH.jpg
    2532 x 1387 - 335K

Hey Runtu,

I wasn't able to do a screen capture to show you, but just move your cursor to the very top of the pane, the spacious 6 pixels or so above the name & it should change to a double headed arrow that you can now drag & dock.

• I've been waiting for fur on dragons for years, and someone goes and does it, but not for LAMH, which I'm sore likely to use than dforce hair (haven't learned it enough).

• sapatsapat Posts: 1,735

Re-posting this here instead of the other lamh thread since this one gets more traffic:

Recently I've had to beta test some lamh presets. I have no issue with 3dl and the 'attach preset'. They sprout fur in about a minute or less.  However, when I try "to OBJ", it just sits there doing nothing.  I've left it sitting for nearly an hour a few times  but it still won't  work. Way back in the day when iray was new, I beta tested some fur trim on an outfit, and a cape, and the "to OBJ" worked fine and the geometry box  popped up, etc. This was the free player at the time.

Not long after that, I bougtht the full version and my serial number is here in my list at Daz. 

I have no clue how to find out if any leftover bits from the free version are still scattered in my files that might be causing issues. I really need to find a way to make this iray 'to OBJ' work.  I'm using DS 4.10.0.123, but it's not the kind of fur/hair that requires 4.11, so that's not the issue.

My computer handles Iray renders just fine. I don't have a super computer, but iray lamh used to work even on my ancient computer with an OEM card. The one I have now is listed in my signature below. 

This is the path where my presets/geometry etc are: C:\Users\Owner\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\lookatmyhairAM
    This is what the log says: (Sat Sep 07 17:12:13 2019): Look at my Hair 1.6.0.1 started: Sat Sep 7 17:12:13 2019

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250

I've not gone through the 74 pages to check if this has been mentioned before. But I just started porting the plug-ins that I had installed in 4.10 to 4.11. When I went to install the free player, I got an alert saying that it was not optimized for my Mac. I'm running Mojave. The player is the 64 bit version and labled for DS 4.5. But that's the most up-to-date version available in my download library. It's version 1.6.0.1. 

It did eventually go ahead and install. And it does run, but I figured that it's probably going to break when Catalina is released later this year. So, a heads-up was in order.

JOdel said:

I've not gone through the 74 pages to check if this has been mentioned before. But I just started porting the plug-ins that I had installed in 4.10 to 4.11. When I went to install the free player, I got an alert saying that it was not optimized for my Mac. I'm running Mojave. The player is the 64 bit version and labled for DS 4.5. But that's the most up-to-date version available in my download library. It's version 1.6.0.1. 

It did eventually go ahead and install. And it does run, but I figured that it's probably going to break when Catalina is released later this year. So, a heads-up was in order.

Hmm...I guess another one of those reasons I haven't gone the 4.11 route. I have the newest update for the lamh too. I have Windows 10.I don't know what Catalina is, so not sure what to think, unless thats's just a mac thing.

edited September 2019

MacOS operating systems have had names since about 2001. First it was big cats, then it was Mavericks until it shifted over into National Parks or features thereof, now it seems to be geological features of California.

Post edited by JOdel on
    JOdel said:

MacOS operating systems have had names since about 2001. First it was big cats, then it was Mavericks until it shifted over into National Parks or features thereof, now it seems to be geological features of California.

Wow, really? Seems silly.

edited September 2019

Easy to remember, anyway. Not necessarily easy to tell apart.

Post edited by JOdel on
  • DamselDamsel Posts: 374

I have been trying to download and install Caralyzer, and all I seem to get is the manual. WTH? I own Catalyzer, LAMH.  Have for years.

Is it being updated or something? Because when I tried to download it with Smart Content, I just got the manual. No plugin in there; I checked the plugin install list. So I tried DIM, and once again, all it showed me was the manual. Tried to do a manual install. Let it install where it wanted, and got nothing. No plugin in the plugin list. Then I got the folder location for the plugin and manually copied and pasted that address into the bloody installer. Now the plugin folder has an uninstall dohicky for Catalyzer, but no actual Catalzyer. And neither does the plugin install list. Argh.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926

I was pretty surprised to see in DIM updates to download for both Catalyzer & LAMH so I downloaded them & installed them.

Good. That is normal for installing updates via DIM.

However, now each type I start DIM LAMH for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Win 64 bit) and LAHM2Iray Catalyzer for DAZ Studio 4.8+ (Win 64-bit) are showing up in my Ready to Install in DIM. If I installed them and quite DIM they'll be there to install via DIM next time I start DIM.

That is a bug! Ever though practically speaking from here on out I will be using SBH those two products should be fixed because all of Alessandro's animal products that use LAMH for fur are not broken. Also, my installed product count has dropped from 4074  to 4072.

• I was pretty surprised to see in DIM updates to download for both Catalyzer & LAMH so I downloaded them & installed them.

Good. That is normal for installing updates via DIM.

However, now each type I start DIM LAMH for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Win 64 bit) and LAHM2Iray Catalyzer for DAZ Studio 4.8+ (Win 64-bit) are showing up in my Ready to Install in DIM. If I installed them and quite DIM they'll be there to install via DIM next time I start DIM.

That is a bug! Ever though practically speaking from here on out I will be using SBH those two products should be fixed because all of Alessandro's animal products that use LAMH for fur are not broken. Also, my installed product count has dropped from 4074  to 4072.

Some users have reported that only the Catalyzer manual is showing up (and the plugin doesn't). I've just asked DAZ if they could check things, very likely a store glitch.