Michael 6 Announcement and Discussion Thread

Comments

• swordvisionsswordvisions Posts: 124
    edited December 1969

Doing a little math - Starter Bundle

Separate products before discount - about $118
    Bundle cost - 100

that only gives a savings of $18 or a 15% discount of bundle vs separate.

If this pricing stands, I think you would be better off just buying the items you truly want over the bundle

I am surprised at the pricing of 165.95 to 124.95 that is a 33% jump in price for less items and in only a few months time.

• azoohouseazoohouse Posts: 660
    edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,
    Okay... Folks know I'm not usually one to complain. I love me some DAZ. I wanted to do a quick render, and I picked Brandon, as I thought he was cool looking.

This is what I got:

Some assets needed to load the file were missing. The content may not work as expected.
    The following files could not be found.

/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Male/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution Body/CTRLFitness.dsf
    /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Male/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution Head/PHMEyesIrisSize.dsf
    /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Male/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution Body/CTRLWeight.dsf
    /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Male/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution Body/FBMBodyTone.dsf
    /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Male/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution Body/PBMNeckSize.dsf
    /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Male/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution Head/PHMPupilsDilate.dsf
    /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Male/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution Body/FBMBodybuilderDetails.dsf
    /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Male/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution Body/SCLNeckLength.dsf
    /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Male/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution Body/FBMThin.dsf
    /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Male/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution Body/PBMAdamsApple.dsf

So for once I agree with the downer crowd; the evolution morphs should have been released at the same time. :(

-- Morgan

p.s. If this is all a mistake because the Evolution Morphs were supposed to be in the bundle, that would totally explain the price difference, AND why both characters (Logan too!) use the Morph kit.

I agree! Plus, on the product pages for Logan and Brandon they should list the morph kit as a requirement!

• smoke14smoke14 Posts: 245
    edited November 2013

WOW! Talk about self-fulfilling prophecies. We constantly hear "male products don't sell". So let me get this straight...DAZ raises the bundle prices for Michael 6 (male) significantly over the bundle prices of Victoria 6, Gia 6, Girl 6, etc. (female) and then they wonder why "male products don't sell"?

I guess they thought that by raising the prices they would not lose as much due to the "MegaPrize" discounts on M6. Definitely not much of a "MegaPrize" if you ask me...a prize, I might add, that you had to spend even more money to get.

Sometimes, I have to sit back and scratch my head....I really wonder how DAZ stays in business with the constant marketing blunders.

I'm hoping beyond hope that it is some kind of mistake on the price, but won't be surprised if there is no change. Color me disappointed.

Post edited by smoke14 on
  • ScraverXScraverX Posts: 152
    edited December 1969

Yep Logan and Brandon need morphs it seems... I was wondering about this myself thinking I missed something but apparently I didn't. :)

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

azoohouse said:
    Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,
    Okay... Folks know I'm not usually one to complain. I love me some DAZ. I wanted to do a quick render, and I picked Brandon, as I thought he was cool looking.

This is what I got:

Some assets needed to load the file were missing. The content may not work as expected.

/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Male/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution Body/FBMBodybuilderDetails.dsf

So for once I agree with the downer crowd; the evolution morphs should have been released at the same time. :(

-- Morgan

p.s. If this is all a mistake because the Evolution Morphs were supposed to be in the bundle, that would totally explain the price difference, AND why both characters (Logan too!) use the Morph kit.

I agree! Plus, on the product pages for Logan and Brandon they should list the morph kit as a requirement!

The G2Male head and body morph packs have not been released yet. If you remember when G2F was released back in May, you had to buy the head and body morphs (separately or in the bundle) if you wanted to use the characters in the V6 bundles. This is no different.

No, the morphs aren't included in the Pro bundle. The only Pro Suites to come with the morphs were the V5 and M5 Pro Suites that carried higher price tags. The V5 and M5 Pro bundles never had the morphs included. The Evolution head and body morphs for Genesis were also a separate purchase. It wasn't as noticeable with V5 as there was a gap between the release of Genesis with DS4 and the Evo morphs and the release of V5.

The store software has been having issues with the listing of required products. Sometimes the pages list the wrong products, sometimes they don't list anything. It's being worked on. Given the history of Genesis and G2F preceding the G2M, this is hardly surprising.

• michellecelebriellemichellecelebrielle Posts: 264
    edited December 1969

Question: do you need the M4 skins auto converter (http://www.daz3d.com/michael-4-skins-auto-converter-for-genesis-2-male-s) if you buy the m4 for genesis male 2? (http://www.daz3d.com/michael-4-for-genesis-2-male)

• GigabeatGigabeat Posts: 164
    edited December 1969

I'm skipping the whole G2F/G2M line and waiting it out for G3, the return of the unisex Genesis, the way it was originally meant to be. don't care how long it takes. anyhoot good luck on your sales daz. M6 does look good but ........

• lunchladylunchlady Posts: 67
    edited December 1969

Where do I find the Genesis 2 Male Starter Essentials, please?

• michellecelebriellemichellecelebrielle Posts: 264
    edited December 1969

lunchlady said:

go to 'my account' and in the Product Library type in genesis starter essentials
  • ScraverXScraverX Posts: 152
    edited December 1969

lunchlady said:

If you use DIM it would have shown up in the last day or two.
    Id not, check your Products in My Account (I believe).

• Muon QuarkMuon Quark Posts: 552
    edited December 1969

Negative about M6 Release:
    - No morphs for characters
    - Requirements for morphs not listed on product page
    - Morphs are not included in Starter/Pro package which have characters that require them

Positive about M6 Release:
    - I adore Brandon
    - I adore Logan
    - I like the Armor

I hope the morphs and the product pages that require them will be done today. As I did with the G2Female, I will wait for a while and hope for things to get fixed and straightened out.

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,604
    edited December 1969

lunchlady said:

It's in the Genesis 2 Starter Essentials. They have added a separate download for the Male Starter Essentials.

They have also added templates for Male and Female, I'm pretty sure the Female templates were not there when I last downloaded the Female Essentials.

• lunchladylunchlady Posts: 67
    edited December 1969

mishwish said:
    lunchlady said:

go to 'my account' and in the Product Library type in genesis starter essentials

Thank you...I thought it was a whole different installer, lol!! I was searching for Genesis 2 Male Starter Essentials!!

Thanks!!

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,604
    edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,
    I just noticed the same thing but somehow I fear we'll have to buy the morphs separately probably after the coupons run out...
    They're better at customer service than that, honestly. They just aren't very good at product releases. :-) I know they'll make it right, but we'll have to wait for the morning.

-- Morgan

Hope you're right not holding my breath though...

The Mega Coupon for Mike 6 says it is for the Mike 6 Bundles. It doesn't say you can use it on non-bundled items.

The Mega Coupon for Daz Originals has already run out, and it excluded new items anyway.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited November 2013

The Mega Coupon for Mike 6 works on non bundled products as well. I used it 3 times this morning on new M6 releases. Don't know if its supposed to be like that, but it works.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Tarina KiviTarina Kivi Posts: 488
    edited March 2017

Post edited by Tarina Kivi on
  • Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
    edited December 1969

I will wait until I hear anything, but since I want the genitals I kinda Have to buy the Pro bundle... so I do hope the price is going to be adjusted.. cause this is just strange, specially with the whole PC anniversy reward and such. So I genuinly hope there is a mistake that has been made, otherwise this leaves a very very bad taste :(

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited November 2013

I am pretty much still completely uninterested in anything Genesis 2. Michael 6 to me does not look like an improvement over the last generations. Same goes for V6. M6 to me looks like another male that was morphed from a female base. I see no improvement in the chest area or abdominal region. It just feels like another needlessly rushed product. I am pretty much going to Skip Gen6 altogether. Also I feel daz is way over charging for the bases just to get more people to become PC members.

Post edited by JohnDelaquiox on
  • Tarina KiviTarina Kivi Posts: 488
    edited March 2017

Post edited by Tarina Kivi on
  • RiggswolfeRiggswolfe Posts: 899
    edited December 1969

I agree that the price change seems a bit off. I'm praying it is a mistake otherwise I am, for the first time, joining the people who complain about how Daz handles things.

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,201
    edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,

This is what I got:

-- Morgan

I think at this point it's becoming clear that this release is some sort of prank :D

Fine, DAZ, you got us, now start with the actual M6 rollout ^^

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,436
    edited December 1969

The preview actually had me tempted to step into the world of Genesis 2. At the anticipated price for the bundle (based on the prices of the various G2F pro bundles), I probably would have done it.

Offsetting the 30% off prize coupon with a 33% price increase? Not cool, and you have lost a sale.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,956
    edited December 1969

mishwish said:
    Question: do you need the M4 skins auto converter (http://www.daz3d.com/michael-4-skins-auto-converter-for-genesis-2-male-s) if you buy the m4 for genesis male 2? (http://www.daz3d.com/michael-4-for-genesis-2-male)

No, if you have M4 you can apply the original material files for the M4 textures to that, then save as a Materials preset from DS to get the .duf file needed for G2M. The auto-converter just saves you time and fiddling.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,956
    edited December 1969

Please don't assume that the price rise is some kind of counter to the discount coupon - given that the latter runs for only a couple of weeks and the pricing, if correct, will stand for a lot longer that's a bit of a leap.

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited November 2013

I didn't understand this yesterday evening, by this morning I still don't understand why M6 bundles, that have somewhat less or same amount of items as previous Genesis and G2F bundles, released with a such significant price increase that makes the mega reward coupon feels not as a reward at all but as just a way to offset this suddenly higher price (and this is only with 30% tier 2 megareward coupon) - I'm not saying it was made this way but this is how it feels in relation to the bundles price jump. Clothes items themselves aren't that much complex in average than V6 bundle items or Genesis bundle male items or even some DOs, while character, poses and haircuts seems to be of the same complexity as seen in previous bundles.
    I really hope it is an funky store error, so when DAZ3D will wake up in a couple of hours the prices will become in line with previous bundles.

And G2M Head and Body morphs will be released as well.

Post edited by Kattey on
  • murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,436
    edited December 1969

Please don't assume that the price rise is some kind of counter to the discount coupon - given that the latter runs for only a couple of weeks and the pricing, if correct, will stand for a lot longer that's a bit of a leap.

Intent? Maybe not.
    Effect? Definitely.

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,483
    edited December 1969

I am pretty much still completely uninterested in anything Genesis 2. Michael 6 to me does not look like an improvement over the last generations. Same goes for V6. M6 to me looks like another male that was morphed from a female base. I see no improvement in the chest area or abdominal region. It just feels like another needlessly rushed product. I am pretty much going to Skip Gen6 altogether. Also I feel daz is way over charging for the bases just to get more people to become PC members.

It seems to me that DAZ invented the perfect universal figure in Genesis. Then they seemed to have a change of heart and instead of just supporting it with new original products, they decided to go back to the old model of a new version of their flag ship figures each year and then basically reselling the older products or at least the same type of products fitted to the new character. To boot, they separated their base figures into male and female.

I honestly don't like the look of Dawn, but I do think a real competitor needs to be out there. If a competitors were to for instance create an alternate Genesis type figure and really just support it instead of trying to re-invent it and sell the same content over and over as DAZ has done, I could see my favorite brokerage, ie this one, loosing a huge chunk o the market.

At present, I just really have no interest in the Michael 5 or 6. I did break down and buy a few things for the Genesis 2 female because there were extremely sweet. That said, I never intend to pay for a base figure. That's like paying for the privilege of getting some the same stuff over again.

Come on DAZ. Please get back to innovation once more. The current approach should have ended when Genesis came out. Now you've backslid in my humble opinion. Then again, what the heck do I know. I am just some schmuck who spends on the order of $1,200 a year here. Maybe I'm the only one who feels like my business just doesn't really mean that much to your company.

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

Now both bases are established we will see some innovation. It was hinted at with the HD morphs in the creature creator packs. I'd imagine there will be morphs and textures that utilise these and I'm sure there will be more things to follow. We'll just have to wait and see.

CHEERS!

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

Now both bases are established we will see some innovation. It was hinted at with the HD morphs in the creature creator packs. I'd imagine there will be morphs and textures that utilise these and I'm sure there will be more things to follow. We'll just have to wait and see.

CHEERS!

I'm really hoping to get my hands on that HD morph maker in nearest future. Some vendors obviously use it to make HD morphs but it isn't yet released to the public.
  • RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

Kattey said:

I'm really hoping to get my hands on that HD morph maker in nearest future. Some vendors obviously use it to make HD morphs but it isn't yet released to the public.

Not sure something like that would get a public release, after all, if we had the ability to make our own HD morphs we wouldn't need to buy them from other artists.

The HD morphs will probably be the G2 equivalent of the Gen 4 Elite morphs.

CHEERS!