Michael 6 Announcement and Discussion Thread

Comments

• LyoneLyone Posts: 138
    edited November 2013

I LOVE Michael 6. I hope there will be more expressions for him. I wish subtile expressions, that is expressions made with dials. The Smile Delight of Cake One is absolutely FABULOUS. I also loved the "220 Emotions for Genesis" by smay, AlFan. I really hope smay and AlFan will make a 220 (or >220) Emotions for Genesis 2 Male/Fermale. Personally, I think expressions are much more realistic if they are made with dials because I can dial the expression how much I want, which gives me a better control of the expression I want to put on a figure. So, please, anyone interested in making expressions, please, make more "dial" expressions.

Best regards.

Post edited by Lyone on
  • TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,221
    edited December 1969

I like M6, but the area around his pecs and right below bother me. It looks off to me, especially when clothing is conformed.

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

TimG said:
    I like M6, but the area around his pecs and right below bother me. It looks off to me, especially when clothing is conformed.

I agree and I'm glad someone else mentioned the autofit chest. I've tried to work around that, but haven't figure out how, yet.

edited December 1969

Slosh said:
    TimG said:

I agree and I'm glad someone else mentioned the autofit chest. I've tried to work around that, but haven't figure out how, yet.

It seems weird to me that he has individual breast controls. Why would you need that on a figure that's meant to be exclusively male?

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

TimG said:
    Slosh said:
    TimG said:

It seems weird to me that he has individual breast controls. Why would you need that on a figure that's meant to be exclusively male?

I think it all stems from trying to keep some similarities between the figures for sharing clothing and the like. Don't know for sure.

• ScraverXScraverX Posts: 152
    edited December 1969

Slosh said:
    TimG said:
    Slosh said:
    TimG said:

I think it all stems from trying to keep some similarities between the figures for sharing clothing and the like. Don't know for sure.

Only use I can think of for separate breast controls on a male is that it would allow that 'gym bunny' type to twitch his Pecs. :)

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

It seems weird to me that he has individual breast controls. Why would you need that on a figure that’s meant to be exclusively male?

Men's pecs move along with the movement of the arms just like women's breasts do. In other words the pecs do not remain static as the figures arms are posed. It is a fairly minor shift but it is there.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,300
    edited December 1969

Slosh said:
    TimG said:

I thought it was just me.

• Coon RaCoon Ra Posts: 200
    edited December 1969

Well, G2F evolution body morphs are easily transferrable to G2M, so, basically, as I see it, I got in G2M evolution body morphs so far one new FBM "Porty". Generally, there should be the way to get back to a single base figure as someone did transfer Genesis figure as a morph to G2F. And if initially both genders were united we would have no need to buy almost identical sets of morphs separately doubling the spendings.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
    edited November 2013

Coon Ra said:
    Well, G2F evolution body morphs are easily transferrable to G2M, so, basically, as I see it, I got in G2M evolution body morphs so far one new FBM "Porty". Generally, there should be the way to get back to a single base figure as someone did transfer Genesis figure as a morph to G2F. And if initially both genders were united we would have no need to buy almost identical sets of morphs separately doubling the spendings.

The morphs from the female are not the same. They have been designed to cater for the specific Genders. Here is G2M and G2F with same clone base (shape), and the bodybuilder female and bodybuilder male morph comparison. If they were the same, the morph outline would be identical. So yes sure you can transfer the female morphs, but the results will not be as accurate as the male morph version, which was designed for the male shape. So if its accuracy you are going for, the specific gender based morphs are the best route to take. Anatomy between males and females are similar in most parts, but in other places, have to be different to be true\accurate to that gender. Also with transferring from one gender to the other, each morph has to be re-rigged. EG Click on the bones and dial up a morph and you will see them allign to the shape. Now do that with your transferred morph, you will notice the bones remain static, and this causes bending and allignment issues. So in short, you can transfer and get less accurate results, but you will have to re-rig each transferred morph. I'd rather just buy the male version and save me the time and get more accurate results:) It's not about doubling spendings in my opinion with regards to this set.

compare2.jpg
    849 x 882 - 73K
    compare.jpg
    849 x 882 - 82K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited November 2013

Here is a comparison of the bone allignment. Here you can see they are not identical.

bone_allignment.jpg
    840 x 880 - 228K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Coon RaCoon Ra Posts: 200
    edited November 2013

"And if initially both genders were united..."
    You missed this part, didn't you?
    Of course there is subtile difference between these morphs. But I can use "bodybuilder" at 1.0 for female and at 1.2 for male on genesis to have that effect of mismathched shapes.

Post edited by Coon Ra on
    edited November 2013

edited.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited November 2013

I agree with zev here.

Morphs are not the same despite they are similar end result and function. Morphs are all built off the base shape NOT the same Androgynous base. G2M Basic male and G2F Basic Female. Both in terms of form/shape are completely different. To better explain the impact the base shape has on morph creation I will use primitives as an example:

Take a primitive Cylinder and a primitive Cube, both have same amount of Verts/polygons. Now you make a morph on both, the morph is a soda can. Both objects are identical with the morph applied, they are beautifully shaped cans. Now dial them both back to their base shape (Cube and Cylinder) Now grab the Cylinder's can morph and put it on the Cube. The cube using the cylinders morph doesn't look like like the neat Soda can at all, its riddled with unintentional distortion and literally looks like a blob. This is because the morph is countering its base shape to create the end result, it relies on its base shape. If the base shape is different from what the morph was built from the end result is completely different. That is the differences between the morphs on G2M and G2F (Although not as extreme as a cube and Cylinder example). While they may have similar end results, the morphs themselves are NOT the same.

Yes their morphs can be shared to an extent, but they are not accurate, and expect the unintended distortions. G2M's Head and body morphs are not converted from G2F, they were built from scratch from the Basic male base

Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited November 2013

There are some areas on the mesh that are "universal" and can be shared but that's easier only of you are morphing a small isolated part. Full body morphs or a big area is a bit different. I'm not saying you can't convert the female version of the morphs, if that is what you want to do then great. I'm just mentioning the differences between the two:) Also the two figures are also rigged differently, and that plays a factor in how the morphs react as well.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,553
    edited December 1969

Any chance of being able to lower the temple or smooth it out some? I've tried the morphs but I find the temple of m6's face very defined. I've tried the morphs but there doesn't seem to be a way to fix this are of the face

I do say I really like M6's bod.

Will there be a heroic shape? A male version of Gia? Or will that be the realm of Freak?

To me, Heroic is not a swole, but a more buffed and more tall type character.

edited December 1969

The temples and eyes are trouble spots for me, also the pecks, its hard to reduce them. The eyes seem far more defined and its hard to smooth them, I guess will just take me a while to get used to the new base. The body however is very nice to work with, cant wait for Genesis 2 Muscle morphs and Flexions (For both G2F and M I might add) :)

• ScraverXScraverX Posts: 152
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    The temples and eyes are trouble spots for me, also the pecks, its hard to reduce them. The eyes seem far more defined and its hard to smooth them, I guess will just take me a while to get used to the new base. The body however is very nice to work with, cant wait for Genesis 2 Muscle morphs and Flexions (For both G2F and M I might add) :)

Yes, and yes. Love the Muscle morphs and Flexitions on Genesis. Looking forward to something similar for G2.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,553
    edited December 1969

The problem with the temple for me is it creates a similar look in the characters. It also makes the brows ride a bit differently on his face.

edited December 1969

Khory said:
    It seems weird to me that he has individual breast controls. Why would you need that on a figure that’s meant to be exclusively male?

Men's pecs move along with the movement of the arms just like women's breasts do. In other words the pecs do not remain static as the figures arms are posed. It is a fairly minor shift but it is there.

Sure, I understand that. But does the amount of movement call for a separate setting dial to move that lower portion of the pec separately?

Honestly, it makes me think G2M is re-rigged G2M and not a separate figure.

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:

I'm trying to finish up my stuff.... had to make a base that didn't have all the M6 torso features... but then I want to give your credit cards a breather too. ;)

edited November 2013

edited

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

The problem with the temple for me is it creates a similar look in the characters. It also makes the brows ride a bit differently on his face.

Is one of those distinguishing features that identifies his character as him, is problematic when you trying to make your own unique characters that don't carry his characteristics. The body is quite generic and nice to work with for shaping into your own, first thing I do with body tho is work on the chest and shoulder width, he has a athlete swimmer look about him lol, the face is a challenge as its so characterized.

edited December 1969

You can dial off his face. I do that and only have his body on my character.

edited December 1969

Spyro said:

I'm trying to finish up my stuff.... had to make a base that didn't have all the M6 torso features... but then I want to give your credit cards a breather too. ;)

LMAO Well you my friend have me in suspense, the credit card is hiring assassins to take me out, and not your standard gangster hit men either! (lol) But like zev, you're one of a kind, I'm closely watching the new releases for those products. And trying to get my revised skin shader settings and textures in M6 UV ready for them. :)

edited November 2013

Zev0 said:
    You can dial off his face. I do that and only have his body on my character.

Is not so much M6 Im concerned about when creating unique characters, Is more the G2M base face Hes quite a defined guy haha.

Not a serious problem by any means, as I mentioned I will get more used to it, just was so used to building from Base male Genesis1 and M5 HAHA Despite that tho I am loving G2M, much like G2F, great figures!

Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited November 2013

Ahh ok..makes sense. I can make a G2M base with G1 base head morph, but have no idea if that can be distributed.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Jim_1831252Jim_1831252 Posts: 728
    edited December 1969

So I went a little crazy and spent way too long analysing our new guy and playing around with all the new toys, but I finally compiled a weighty review of Michael 6. I also touch on and G2F and Genesis 2 as a whole and compare to Gen 4 and Genesis (1) to round things out.

If you've been sitting on the fence then this might help you. If you've already bought in there may still be some useful information, and perhaps a little entertainment value.

M6.jpg
    500 x 700 - 49K
    edited November 2013

Nice shape:) One question, is that lipstick? And nice review:) Explains a lot of features most were not aware of :)

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Jim_1831252Jim_1831252 Posts: 728
    edited December 1969

Who, me? ermm... could be LOL. No actually, just base textures with some SSS tweaks. Base M6 shape too. Just needed a quickie for the review.