Michael 6 Announcement and Discussion Thread

Comments

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,685
    edited November 2013

*goes off to writing a ticket* Thanks for clearing this out :)

Gah, never mind, I just read it will be automatically repaid ><<br /> *runs off in shame*

Post edited by Sylvan on
  • CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,

Estroyer said:
    *goes off to writing a ticket* Thanks for clearing this out :)
    You don't need to, they'll be auto-crediting the difference.

-- Morgan

edited December 1969

Indeed, indeed...my fingers were faster than my brain :)

• Tarina KiviTarina Kivi Posts: 488
    edited March 2017

Post edited by Tarina Kivi on
  • DAZ_BrianDAZ_Brian Posts: 345
    edited November 2013

Carola O said:
    Jared (or whoever is in charge ;P)

I just did a search in the store for Dan (yes, I am Eagerly awaiting FWArts Dan ;P) and well, it did give a hit.. but I highly doubt the price is suppsoed to be 0.00... not to mention that the product page is a 404, and the product can't be put into the cart either :)

Here's the searchresult link - http://www.daz3d.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=dan&x=-1169&y=-43

and here's the result when clicking on the product to go to the page - http://www.daz3d.com/fw-dan-megapack

A price would be interesting to have too :) and of course, being able to bring this handsome fella home

Hang tight! There is too much M6 content to release all on the same day so additional new items for M6 will be released over the course of the rest of the week. That product is not live yet but the product page is in the store database so search somehow still found it even though it is not supposed to be live.

Post edited by DAZ_Brian on
  • SorelSorel Posts: 1,390
    edited December 1969

The only thing missing now that I think would be essential to me and probably others are some flex morphs. Basically something like http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-evolution-muscularity

edited December 1969

I saw some great items in the previewthread that I'll be pouncing soon enough :D

• DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
    edited December 1969

Store credit should be issued to those who over payed. Check your accounts.

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390
    edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:

Yup, it's there. Thank ya kindly~

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

scatha said:
    Jared, from the moment Genesis hit the store the morphs suddenly are a separate purchase, which were included in the pro bundles of Gen4. Why has this changed?

DAZ ceased to include the morphs in the pro bundles beginning with Genesis. Genesis was released with DS4. The Evolution Head and Body Morphs were released. There was a gap between the release of the head and body morphs. The expression morphs were in and out of the store for a while and the muscularity morphs may even have made it into the store before V5 was finally released. The V5 and M5 Pro Suites did have the head and body morphs but their higher price tag reflected their inclusion. Gen 4 was the only generation that included morphs in the complete package and the pro bundles.

G2F head and body morphs were a separate purchase and not included in the V6 Pro bundle so there was never any reason to believe DAZ would include them in the M6 Pro Bundle.

In the end, what changed was the generation. Gen4 became Genesis/Gen5 and DAZ changed the way they handled bundles and morph packs.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

The main reason that the morph packs are not included in the M6 bundle is that the morphs are for Genesis 2 male, not M6.

Some people may want to use the morphs, but not buy M6.

It was the same with Genesis 2 female, and of course with Genesis.

• azoohouseazoohouse Posts: 660
    edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:

Thank you very much! Now I can purchase the morphs to make the earlier purchases work correctly and have a little left over for something else. I'm happier!

• Uman1912Uman1912 Posts: 28
    edited December 1969

I see that the MEGA2-M6 code from the Power Up Sale works with the individual M6 items. But is it a use-once code, or will it work repeatedly until Dec. 3? There will be many M6 items coming and I want to see more of them before I use up the code, if it does happen that it only works once. And how long will these new products be at 51% off?

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited November 2013

chohole said:
    The main reason that the morph packs are not included in the M6 bundle is that the morphs are for Genesis 2 male, not M6.

But won't it be better to add morph bundle to M6 bundles as well as made it available standalone, so people who buy Starter and Pro bundle (with characters that depend on the Head and Body morph bundle) will get some small extra saving? It also always puzzled me why morph bundles aren't added to Starter and Pro bundles in Genesis and G2 generations. It would be convenient for buyer.
    Post edited by Kattey on
  • Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,604
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

There's nothing to stop anyone buying items that are in the bundle seperatly (apart from Genitals for some reason).

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

How long will everything be 30% off!? I can't really get anything till next Wednesday and it'll be a teeny bit annoying if everything I want is full price when I come to buy it.

CHEERS!

• Kevin RyeKevin Rye Posts: 392
    edited December 1969

Wow!

I had M6 in my cart this morning, but I held off until after lunch so I could check to see if the Morph Bundle hit the store. So glad I did. I wasn't very happy that the Pro Bundle was almost $70 bucks after the Mega Prize discount. I see you guys fixed the price so that it's on-par with V6.

I got the M6 Pro bundle and the Morphs bundle for $54 bucks. I can live with that.

Can't wait to get home and play with this new stuff!

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:

YAY, got it too! More than covers the morph bundle too! WOOT!

edited December 1969

Uman1912 said:
    I see that the MEGA2-M6 code from the Power Up Sale works with the individual M6 items.

It should work repeatedly (I think it was confirmed somewhere by DAZ3D people) although I'm not sure if all new PA and DOs of M6 release will work with this coupon.
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046
    edited December 1969

Only works with the ones Daz has highlighted.

edited December 1969

I take it that Daz know who has and hasn't earned that code, I mean, now that the rest of us know it, won't we now try entering it when we buy our bundles!?

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

I take it that Daz know who has and hasn't earned that code, I mean, now that the rest of us know it, won't we now try entering it when we buy our bundles!?

From what I understand all codes are now personalized and tied to account, and you simply cannot use the code that isn't mean for you.
    edited December 1969

Ahhh, good,

Wouldn't do for anyone to be naughty! LOL!

CHEERS!

• edited December 1969

Hey, where are all my OTHER morphs? I thought the whole purpose of the Genesis platform was to allow you to mix and match morphs from all sorts of characters. I buy Mike 6, install him, and none of my other morphs exist for him. No Mike 5 or Mike 4 morphs, no anubis head and legs.. Did they REALLY just break the entire Genesis concept and come out with a figure that has absolutely nothing, AGAIN????????

Boojum

• DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
    edited December 1969

Hey, where are all my OTHER morphs? I thought the whole purpose of the Genesis platform was to allow you to mix and match morphs from all sorts of characters. I buy Mike 6, install him, and none of my other morphs exist for him. No Mike 5 or Mike 4 morphs, no anubis head and legs.. Did they REALLY just break the entire Genesis concept and come out with a figure that has absolutely nothing, AGAIN????????

Boojum

Michael 6 is built on the Genesis 2 Male figure, not the Genesis figure. Morphs from the Genesis figure don't automatically transfer over to either of the Genesis 2 Figures. It has been pointed out in several threads that there are ways to transfer morphs over. Currently none of those methods is officially supported, so I can't speak as to whether or not they will work.

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited November 2013

Greetings,
    We are all born naked, and unformed, as are all major new character lines. :)

There is an M4 for G2M, however...and I imagine that Gen2X will come along and allow you to move morphs from generation to generation.

Change is a constant, and backwards compatibility is a millstone.

{crosses legs} Om Mani Padme Hum...

-- Morgan

Post edited by CypherFOX on
  • Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
    edited December 1969

Carola O said:
    Jared (or whoever is in charge ;P)

I just did a search in the store for Dan (yes, I am Eagerly awaiting FWArts Dan ;P) and well, it did give a hit.. but I highly doubt the price is suppsoed to be 0.00... not to mention that the product page is a 404, and the product can't be put into the cart either :)

Here's the searchresult link - http://www.daz3d.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=dan&x=-1169&y=-43

and here's the result when clicking on the product to go to the page - http://www.daz3d.com/fw-dan-megapack

A price would be interesting to have too :) and of course, being able to bring this handsome fella home

Hang tight! There is too much M6 content to release all on the same day so additional new items for M6 will be released over the course of the rest of the week. That product is not live yet but the product page is in the store database so search somehow still found it even though it is not supposed to be live.

Figured it was something like that :) As long as the things in the sneak peak do get released within a somewhat decent time (unlike a few products from the V6 sneak peak.. and yes, I'm a little bit annoyed over that ;P) I am allright with it.. granted, FWArt's Dan will basically be dragged inside my runtime once he hit the store :)

• NansteinNanstein Posts: 43
    edited December 1969

lol I see the morphs for Genesis 2 Male, and I see M6 and all his goodies, but I can't find Genesis 2 Male for sale. Is he just not in the store yet or am I not finding him?

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

Nanstein said:
    lol I see the morphs for Genesis 2 Male, and I see M6 and all his goodies, but I can't find Genesis 2 Male for sale. Is he just not in the store yet or am I not finding him?

He's free as part of the Genesis 2 Starter Essentials, which should be in your account if you've bought either DS 4.x or the DSON importer

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited November 2013

Nanstein said:

G2M is free. You'll need to download and install Genesis 2 Starter Essentials, which should already be available in your Product Library (or via the Install Manager).
    Post edited by Scott Livingston on