Skin Builder 8 Merchant Resource for Genesis 8 Female (Commercial)

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,038

Ah found it..turn this off.

Capture.PNG
    1792 x 703 - 34K
  • Yep, that fixed it.  Thanks!

NP...

• OrjannaOrjanna Posts: 22

I must be missing something really obvous, but I can't get white eyebrows.  I am using a dark skin tone, and can get pink and other colors, but not white or greyish.

When I change the brow color bar to white/gray nothing shows up.

Capture.JPG
    712 x 243 - 102K
    edited July 2019
    Hi. Did You read the tutorial? You need to change the blend from multiply to normal.
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • OrjannaOrjanna Posts: 22

I must be missing something really obvous, but I can't get white eyebrows.  I am using a dark skin tone, and can get pink and other colors, but not white or greyish.

When I change the brow color bar to white/gray nothing shows up.

Zev0 said:
    Hi. Did You read the tutorial? You need to change the blend from multiply to normal.

Obviously not.  I spent several hours playing around, getting down the basics, it's amazing.  Normally I would have resorted to the manual, but I saw the handy "product support" button in Daz and came here first.
    I usually click all the buttons when winging it, but read normal to mean resolution, so skipped it.  Thank you so much for the help :)

The option is right there in your screenshot.

Capture.PNG
    1009 x 442 - 230K
  • OpenStoryOpenStory Posts: 31

I just bought the skin builder for 8. Where do we use it from? Are we in Daz or outside of Daz. I'm new to this product.

• Kind of new to all of this...  just bought this product - I am not at all familiar with DAZ's file system -- can someone point me to the location of the Tutorial/Manual for this product?

• NEVERMIND!   Found the user guide...  will come back if/when necessary for some actual help with the scripts.

• OdinVonDOdinVonD Posts: 243
    edited August 2019

Hey Zev0

Thanks for the work you did on this, but I'm having some technical issues. 

1. The eyes aren't being applied at all. I'll select an iris texture and a colour, and when I hit apply, nothing happens. No new iris, no new colour. 
    2. In iray, the entire skin always renders in a flat white, no matter what other setting I use. (See screenshot)
    3. No matter what I apply, the undo and redo buttons never light up. I haven't been able to click them a single time, so I can't undo a change I make. 
    4. Whenever I try to apply eyelashes it gives me an error telling me it doesn't know where the files are. I located them, but the files aren't the correct names and they're not where they're supposed to be. Even then, it will also render the new eyelashes alongside the default ones, so I have the original black eyelashes, and the original ones. 
    5. It doesn't apply skin to the ears of G8F (other screenshot)
    Screenshot (38).png
    1920 x 1080 - 702K
    Screenshot (39).png
    1920 x 1080 - 829K
    Post edited by OdinVonD on
    edited August 2019

Hi. Did it complain about missing textures? I cannot duplicate the issue. If you don't use Iray preview, and rather use viewport iray, does it still appear white? Also are you building skin while in iray preview mode or with texture shaded. Let me know if that makes a difference.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited August 2019
    Zev0 said:

Hi. Did it complain about missing textures? I cannot duplicate the issue. If you don't use Iray preview, and rather use viewport iray, does it still appear white? Also are you building skin while in iray preview mode or with texture shaded. Let me know if that makes a difference.

The only error I got was with the eyelashes. With the skin, it renders in texture shaded where I can see makeup, freckles, etc. but when it renders in iray either in interactive or photorealistic it just appears flat white like in my screenshot. That's in viewport iray, and for a final render as well. I've also tried building the skin in both modes, changing them at the end, etc. but it doesn't seem to make a difference. The only time it hasn't rendered flat white is when I uncheck the "Use iray settings" box, but that doesn't really make sense since I am using iray. 

Just checking though: if I were to apply freckles or makeup, that's when the "Undo" button should become clickable, right? Because it doesn't for me. 

Post edited by OdinVonD on
  • Please remember to put some clothes on your figure before taking a textured screen shot.

Sorry! 

Zev0, I reinstalled it, but nothing changed. I've been playing around to try narrow things down. I'm still not able to use the undo/redo buttons after applying a change, but I've realized that all the makeup and skin effects can be applied to the base Genesis 8 skin texture. It's only when I hit the "build skin" button that it renders the skin as white. Does that help? 

What specific version of studio are you using?

That's Pro, 64 bit

edited August 2019

If possible screengrab a video of the process and PM me. It is hard to try and understand what is happening unless I can follow step by step. The undo button not working is more of a concern. That should be working.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • CoryllonCoryllon Posts: 276

I am trying to use pale base with Skin builder 8 for one of my models and use white eye brows, but they eyebrows simply don't show up at all. Not with Normal or Multiplicative blend. Thoughts? help?

Hi. I just tried and they showing for me. Make sure the visibility slider on brows it at full, and its set to normal blend.

Capture.PNG
    1510 x 1280 - 2M
    Capture2.PNG
    1597 x 1266 - 2M
    They are I will send you my renders when I get a couple compiled. I also set then skin tones to a dark grey. Note: when I did this initially, I did not move the base skin tone sliders at all and they worked on normal. That's what is making me think it's the pale skin base. More when I get some renders
    edited August 2019

Here's the settings I used and result in the iray preview.in the texture preview you can KINDA see them, but not really. 

Capture.JPG
    1442 x 742 - 123K
    Post edited by Coryllon on

What happens if you click apply brows again, while skin is like that?

No difference. Additionally; if I reapply after I have closed out the SB8 utility, it has no affect when reapplied as well.

This is very strange. I cannot duplicate the issue. They always appear for me.

would there be any benefit to using another predefined Material for G8F then reapplying? or would this have no effect?

edited August 2019

Can I see your shader? If translucency colour has a dark colour assigned then brows won't appear white.

Capture.PNG
    333 x 1157 - 75K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited August 2019

so I set it to white and it takes away my dark grey skin. Dropped the translucency weight to 0, that helped with the washed out color,but the brows don't come in much better.

Capture.JPG
    252 x 246 - 22K
    Post edited by Coryllon on
  • n12njan12nja Posts: 7

Sorry for the noobie question - but I'm starting to create a Unity game utilising (hopefully) some of the Daz3d assets with user customization. There is an option to purchase the interactive license for this product. Would it allow customisation from within a game, as my impression is that this is a seperate tool that creates texture files for importing into Daz - which is still useful but it means pre-rendering options for the user using the program which means I would not require the interactive license.

Thank you!!

edited August 2019

If you publish a game and use SkinBuilder and its assets, you need to get the interactive license as you are providing multiple skin options generated from the SkinBuilder product, which will be distributed to others via your game. The only time a licence is not required is if the skins are being used for a character within the Daz3d Platform. Any other external platform which makes use of the skin and where it will be distributed will require a license.

Post edited by Zev0 on