Realistic Renders... NOT!! 12 "And we're back in the room!"

Comments

• Yonas AngYonas Ang Posts: 108
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

Ok, I did another Jamie render, this time with one of the sets in the Lantios Core Lighting 3 set, and when I hit 'Render' I got this message:

3Delight message #13 (Severity 1): R2054: primitive (or parts of) '' discarded during eye-split

The render window was black and the progress indicator filled up, then, when it got to 100% it then rendered properly. Anyone any idea why this happened!?

The eventual render was really good though, as you can see below

CHEERS!

Actually, I'm having this problem too since 3 days ago. Someone said something to do with "undo" function, like if you undo some shader or surface change, it might produce that error. To fix that you must replace the surface or shader with new one or original one.
    Other than that, I don't know, in my case, that fix didn't works.

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

I see, it'd be nice if the programmers would give us error messages we could understand like "Hey, doofus, you forgot to _______, if you want to fix it you do ____".

It's only in that particular scene though, isn't it? On reflection, I may have hit undo a couple of times, though I'm beggared if I can remember why!

CHEERS!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:
    It's not bad, you can't really see much detail on her and it's difficult to tell what in the scene we're supposed to be focusing on.

I've finally done a render or two myself,

I tracked down that Jamie 3D scan that Herald used in that superb Lux render he did, you know, the standing guy. I wanted to see how he'd render in 3Delight and the answer is rather well actually.

The first is rendered with a light set from Inane Glory's Photo Studio - Point And Shoot and the other is from the Lantios Portrait Studio set. I have to say, I still like the Lantios set best.

CHEERS!

...to m, the first one looks more photographic. maybe it's all the occlusion.
    edited December 1969

I'm not sure there is any occlusion, he only has the one texture and the lights are straight out of the box, I didn't really pay much attention to settings though. Have you ever come across that 3Delight error?

CHEERS!

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited November 2013

I saw the same error too: 3Delight message #13 (Severity 1): R2054: primitive (or parts of) '' discarded during eye-split

It went away after I adjust my spotlight's spread angle from 180 to 60 degrees. For this scene I turned off the ceiling. See how bright the inside of the bedroom is? Now I just need to find the room that is next to the Dream Home bedroom. The room that I am looking for might be the bathroom or the dressing room.

I need to buy some unimesh fits for Victoria 4.

catgirl_bedroom.jpg
    516 x 610 - 132K
    Post edited by starionwolf on
    edited December 1969

I see, I don't recall doing anything with my lights other than loading them, I suppose it could have had something to do with deleting one set and loading another.

Good render, though I would curl her tail a bit. You seem to have gone the other way to what I did, you look to have bought up all the scenes and nothing for the characters, whereas I bought loads of stuff for characters and no scenes.

CHEETS!

edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

I'm not sure there is any occlusion, he only has the one texture and the lights are straight out of the box, I didn't really pay much attention to settings though. Have you ever come across that 3Delight error?

CHEERS!

...don't have those particular lights so not sure if they are based on UE or not. If they do, then there is occlusion.

Where the window stays black during the render process? No. I have experienced the one situation where it appears to render over the previous render and there is a lot of "digital noise" where the window should be black (still have not received a reasonable explanation for why that occurred).

edited December 1969

Oh, I know what you mean now, yeah, they use UE, so you're probably right about the occlusion.

I put a post about that error message in the DS discussion thread so we'll see what anyone says.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

I saw the same error too: 3Delight message #13 (Severity 1): R2054: primitive (or parts of) '' discarded during eye-split

It went away after I adjust my spotlight's spread angle from 180 to 60 degrees. For this scene I turned off the ceiling. See how bright the inside of the bedroom is? Now I just need to find the room that is next to the Dream Home bedroom. The room that I am looking for might be the bathroom or the dressing room.

I need to buy some unimesh fits for Victoria 4.

...it's too bad linear point lights were not available in 3.1. I use them frequently for lighting interiors as you can adjust the falloff range. Regular point lights have a "fixed" effect range. Have you tried using an Uber area light? they are a bit tricky to work with but you can set a radius/range of effect as well as intensity and colour.

Once you can step up to using Studio 4.6 I would suggest Age of Armour's Advanced Ambient lights. They are so nice to work with and unlike UE do not have a huge impact on render time. Since I got them I rarely use UE much anymore and even swap them for the UE component in existing light sets.

edited November 2013

I do have Age of Armour's advanced spot lights. The light and shadows that it creates look nice.

Here is my attempt at rendering uber area lights in Daz Studio 3. The shadow samples are set to 32. I let Daz Studio run while I was eating lunch. I'll play around with the lighting later. Bye

v4_area_lights.jpg
    516 x 610 - 119K
    Post edited by starionwolf on
    edited November 2013

...here's the latest.

Really loving AoA's Advanced Ambient Lights and Spotlights. I feel like I have my "LDP" back again but without a gazillion lights loading down the scene. This used one Advanced Ambient as the skylight with one Distant light as the sun and took just over four minutes to render at 1,000 x 1,000.

Also used the Atmospheric Cameras to add a little haze for depth and a slight vignette effect on the edges.

A scene from Leela's childhood before the war with her late mother.

Both were created using Zev0's Growing Up for G2 (which I'm really liking more and more). I took my Leela teen character and first morphed her down to about the age of 9 then loaded her again and used the Adult stage morph.

Leela_and_Momma.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 983K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Yonas AngYonas Ang Posts: 108
    edited November 2013

Rogerbee said:

I see, it'd be nice if the programmers would give us error messages we could understand like "Hey, doofus, you forgot to _______, if you want to fix it you do ____".

It's only in that particular scene though, isn't it? On reflection, I may have hit undo a couple of times, though I'm beggared if I can remember why!

CHEERS!

Yup, I've just realize recently it maybe has something to do with reflection / SSS / UE, since my scene have many reflection lately especialy eyes and some of the wearable like jewelry. I was also using UE, and SSS from Interjection.

I might ignore the msg, since it's not harmful in any way I know, but still will be great if DAZ could fix the issue.
    Oh, and that error msg that you've mentioned would be great addition to next update for DAZ, lol. Since I never really understand what DAZ trying to tell me about the error.

Post edited by Yonas Ang on
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...here's the latest.

Really loving AoA's Advanced Ambient Lights and Spotlights. I feel like I have my "LDP" back again but without a gazillion lights loading down the scene. This used one Advanced Ambient as the skylight with one Distant light as the sun and took just over four minutes to render at 1,000 x 1,000.

Also used the Atmospheric Cameras to add a little haze for depth and a slight vignette effect on the edges.

Both were created using Zev0's Growing Up for G2 (which I'm really liking more and more). I took my Leela teen character and first morphed her down to about the age of 9 then loaded her again and used the Adult stage morph.

Very nice,

Those AoA lights are definitely something I'll have to look into, I have the Ambient light and will pick up the spotlight in due course. Now you have your beast running you've really been cranking out some great renders. 4 minute render times are something I can only dream of!

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Yup, I've just realize recently it maybe has something to do with reflection / SSS / UE, since my scene have many reflection lately especialy eyes and some of the wearable like jewelry. I was also using UE, and SSS from Interjection.

I might ignore the msg, since it's not harmful in any way I know, but still will be great if DAZ could fix the issue.
    Oh, and that error msg that you've mentioned would be great addition to next update for DAZ, lol. Since I never really understand what DAZ trying to tell me about the error.

I had a studio set, a 3D model with only one texture and a light set which used UE, nothing that I haven't used before really. It must be a bug in this version of DS. I mentioned it in the thread concerning this release and we'll see what is said.

CHEERS!

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...here's the latest.

You've been releasing some incredible works recently, and this addition is no exception. I still haven't played around enough with the Advanced Ambient Light to work out the best way to use it, partly due to work commitments and partly because I picked up a new PS3 game...

Still, people have shown it can be used to great effect so I should really stop being lazy and work on mastering it!

edited November 2013

@ Herald: Did you see my 3Delight versions of that Jamie scan?

CHEERS!

Post edited by Rogerbee on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,773
    edited December 1969

Hello Rogerbee.
    Your renders are looking great. I am happy that you continue your 3D work.
    All the best.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...it's too bad linear point lights were not available in 3.1. I use them frequently for lighting interiors as you can adjust the falloff range. Regular point lights have a "fixed" effect range. Have you tried using an Uber area light? they are a bit tricky to work with but you can set a radius/range of effect as well as intensity and colour.

Once you can step up to using Studio 4.6 I would suggest Age of Armour's Advanced Ambient lights. They are so nice to work with and unlike UE do not have a huge impact on render time. Since I got them I rarely use UE much anymore and even swap them for the UE component in existing light sets.

Thank you for the tips about exchanging UE with Age of Armour's Advanced Ambient lights.
    They really give savings on the render time.
    edited November 2013

Below is an example DS 4.6 Pro render of Dave for Michael 5 with Perseus Hair
    using Lantios Core Lighting 1 preset 04,
    http://www.daz3d.com/core-lighting-1
    but with UberEnvironment replaced with Advanced Ambient Light
    http://www.daz3d.com/advanced-ambient-light
    Rendering Time: 7 minutes 14 seconds

Dave24PerseusHair02pic01.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 251K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited November 2013

The same scene rendered with original, unchanged Lantios Core Lighting 1 preset 04,
    Rendering Time: 15 minutes 11 seconds

Dave24PerseusHair01pic01.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 259K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited November 2013

The above scene rendered with original, unchanged Lantios Core Lighting 1 preset 04,
    but without the hair took only 1 minute 34 seconds to render.
    Adding the hair to the scene significantly increases rendering time.
    Having Age of Armor Advanced Ambient Light instead of UE give really savings on rendering time in such scenes.

Post edited by Artini on
    edited December 1969

Nice shadows. It is interesting to see the different kinds of shadows and lighting techniques that everyone uses.

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited December 1969

My dad passed away a few weeks ago just some stuff I did here & there...http://bobvan.deviantart.com/art/327-413170116

10821575835_a1e57d3779_c.jpg
    800 x 426 - 171K
    edited December 1969
    10821575835_a1e57d3779_c.jpg
    800 x 426 - 127K
    edited December 1969

Artini said:
    Hello Rogerbee.
    Your renders are looking great. I am happy that you continue your 3D work.
    All the best.

Thanks,

I do try and keep my hand in on occasion.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Artini said:
    The above scene rendered with original, unchanged Lantios Core Lighting 1 preset 04,
    but without the hair took only 1 minute 34 seconds to render.
    Adding the hair to the scene significantly increases rendering time.
    Having Age of Armor Advanced Ambient Light instead of UE give really savings on rendering time in such scenes.

There's more detail in the one rendered with the Advanced Ambient light, you'll have to detail what the settings were. I have the Dave texture, the Core Lights 01 and the Advanced Ambient light. This could be a very significant advance in DS lighting tech.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

@Bobvan: Sorry to hear about your Dad.

You render what you can when you can, this thread will still be here.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Hi Bobvan, i was wondering where you were. It is nice to see that you are still rendering art. Do you have any idea how much RAM the scenes you creaet use? I'm just wondering.

edited December 1969

Nice to see you back at it Roger. As far as my dad goes it was a long time coming which is why I went back every year to spend time with him. I was just there 2 months ago. I got to hug him and told him I loved him so nice last memory.

Starion I use 2 machines a 8G HP notebook (which I also use to watch movies / tv shoes on my new Panny 65" 3D TV. My main machine is my 32G monster tower 2.5 G ati card @ home. To be honest due to the fact that I am using none GPU Lux the times are about the same on both. I only render with the tower due to the fact that the notebook runs hot and is now out of warranty. Having said that larger scenes load better on the big machine and I can get 3Delight renders in the same time frame Artini mentioned above...

edited December 1969

Your notebook is similar to what I do have though I have 2gb less RAM and your tower is something I wish I had!

I'm not back at it full time yet, though I am now spending the majority of my money on new Daz releases now. I think it's so I'll never get bored when I do get fully back into it.

CHEERS!

This discussion has been closed.