Art & Animations By Ivy Summers

Comments

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,218
    edited December 1969

bigh said:
    Ivy said:
    Hi everyone i just want to up date y'all my hubby surgery went well theyfixed the tear onthe back arrtery and heis doing well and up & alert . I'm sending this from ipad in the ICU. so i'm sorry for the typos .lpad sucks to type on. Anywayso far so good they planed to send him home on friday if every continues to go well

that's great news !

Here's hoping he gets well soon!

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited September 2013

Wonderful news, may things go smooth and life be well from this point on.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,133
    edited September 2013

Thank you everyone for the thoughts & prayers for my husband.
    I came home today to get some work done & take a break from the hospital, which happens to be 70 miles away one way.. I guess that is what you get for living in that darn middle of no where..lol
    anyway.he still doing fine & resting he should be out of the ICU tomorrow. I really appreciated your support and prayers.

so Thanks again

Post edited by Ivy on
  • IndigoJansonIndigoJanson Posts: 1,100
    edited December 1969

I've been thinking of you and your husband since Monday, Ivy. Good to know all went well and he's on the road to recovery. I hope it will be as short and easy a road as possible.

Now give yourself a good rest and you can both look forward to him being back home soon.

edited December 1969

Jindi said:
    I've been thinking of you and your husband since Monday, Ivy. Good to know all went well and he's on the road to recovery. I hope it will be as short and easy a road as possible.

Now give yourself a good rest and you can both look forward to him being back home soon.

Thank you my friend I really appreciate it.

edited December 1969

Hi everyone.
    First i want to thank you all in our daz family very much for your thoughts and prayers for my husband and the surgery he went through. I really appreciated it alot. He came home Sunday and is doing well and in good spirits .. which is a huge relief for me. from what we told he had this tear on his artery for a long time but the stress from his job magnified the lesion it almost became a aneurism, They found it during routine physical and during the heart stress test it had show abnormality.
    so more proof stress kills so my friends please make sure to get a check up yearly, it really can save your life.

on a good note My Zelda Raines animation has been Officially released for public viewing.. so i hope everyone get s chance to watch it.. I'm a little disappointed i was not able to fit this into a Halloween animation contest . But the film was still fun to make so I hope you enjoy it.
    it maybe a while before i can start another project

Peace.

scene_-_B.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 310K
    edited December 1969

My Zelda Raines animation has been officially released for public viewing.. so i hope everyone get s chance to watch it.. I’m a little disappointed i was not able to fit this into a Halloween animation contest . But the film was still fun to make so I hope you enjoy it.
    it maybe a while before i can start another project

Peace.

scene_-_B.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 310K
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Ivy,
    I'm so glad your husband is home and both you and he can get some rest- no one really does that in a hospital. About the time you get some shut-eye, they're waking you up for something. And they don't see able to COORDINATE it so they do what they need to do at one time. So I hope both of you can settle in and continue to rest up. Hugs to both of you from Pensacola.
    Cathie

edited December 1969

Congratulations on the official release of Zelda Raines, Ivy! I would so love to produce something like that.

How's your husband doing? I hope he'll go from strength to strength. Meanwhile, even if you have your hands full, I bet you'll be thinking up new ideas for when you have more time to spare.

edited December 1969

Novica said:
    Ivy,
    I'm so glad your husband is home and both you and he can get some rest- no one really does that in a hospital. About the time you get some shut-eye, they're waking you up for something. And they don't see able to COORDINATE it so they do what they need to do at one time. So I hope both of you can settle in and continue to rest up. Hugs to both of you from Pensacola.
    Cathie

Thank you i very much Cathie I really appreciate your wishes greatly
    so far the only issue my husband is having is that he is as thick headed as a mule..lol
    and thinks he doesn't have to follow Doctors orders..lol
    He's a Typical ER Nurse. i think medical people make the worst patients.

edited December 1969

Jindi said:
    Congratulations on the official release of Zelda Raines, Ivy! I would so love to produce something like that.

How's your husband doing? I hope he'll go from strength to strength. Meanwhile, even if you have your hands full, I bet you'll be thinking up new ideas for when you have more time to spare.

Thank you Jindi So far Stephens doing good .. but sometimes trys to push him self to hard. .lol but he is learning it takes time to heal..lol he is so Stubborn sometimes...lol

I have already started working on a new story board. for a new project. though it maybe a while before i can actually get to do any work on it.

edited December 1969

A Stevie Nicks - 1981 - Portrait .
    Thanks for looking :)

Stevie_Nicks_-_1981_-_Photo_1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 125K
    Stevie_Nicks_-_1981_-_Photo_2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 207K
    Stevie_Nicks_-_1981_-_Photo_3.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 152K
  • Andrey PestryakovAndrey Pestryakov Posts: 172
    edited December 1969

The beautiful girl and the scene, well done!

edited December 1969

Thank you very much Andrey,
    Stevie Nicks was one of the 80 rock stars who inspired me to learn how to play Guitar and Piano when i was a kid back in the 80's :)

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,401
    edited December 1969

Very nice pic, though that kind of dress was not typically what She wore. She was more the gothic dresses with flowing lace and satin type.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,218
    edited December 1969

Ivy said:

Thank you very much Andrey,
    Stevie Nicks was one of the 80 rock stars who inspired me to learn how to play Guitar and Piano when i was a kid back in the 80's :)

All three renders are cool. The dress has a very Jessica Rabbit look to it. Great hair too.

edited December 1969

Can only agree, nice work on the renders -- and I especially love that shadow!

edited December 1969

Thank you Guys very much for the sweet comments .
    I was trying to match this picture i found on Stevei Nivks Fan Site.

The products I used were
    LY Harleigh
    http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/ly-harleigh

Red Rabbit By Pretty3d - I modified the texture color
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/red-rabbit-character-/97714/

SAV 1984 Hairr By Studio art variations
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/sav-1984-hair/100634
    I did the custom lights and used a Fog cam to create the atmosphere

The-50-top-female-singer-48.jpg
    576 x 403 - 122K
    edited December 1969

Ivy said:

The products I used were
    LY Harleigh

Ah, but all you see there is the bust up, not the whole outfit. Knowing her proclivities in stage attire, that's likely just a bodice matched with a far more elaborate and flowing dress, rather than a "slinky" evening gown.

A probably more accurate dress to use (possibly combined with a different bodice) is the free Gothic Bride Dress The bodice from Dark Embrace 3 is also a pretty good match and could be combined with any flowing skirts and a jacket, such as the one Stevie Knicks is wearing in that picture (which your render is missing, though finding a match might be a bit more difficult). Another dress set you can mix and match to get Ms. Knicks' wardrobe is Gothic for V4, particularly the skirt, boots, and gloves. Without a full-body shot of that outfit, though, trying to match it perfectly is not easy.

edited December 1969

Ivy said:

The products I used were
    LY Harleigh

Ah, but all you see there is the bust up, not the whole outfit. Knowing her proclivities in stage attire, that's likely just a bodice matched with a far more elaborate and flowing dress, rather than a "slinky" evening gown.

A probably more accurate dress to use (possibly combined with a different bodice) is the free Gothic Bride Dress The bodice from Dark Embrace 3 is also a pretty good match and could be combined with any flowing skirts and a jacket, such as the one Stevie Knicks is wearing in that picture (which your render is missing, though finding a match might be a bit more difficult). Another dress set you can mix and match to get Ms. Knicks' wardrobe is Gothic for V4, particularly the skirt, boots, and gloves. Without a full-body shot of that outfit, though, trying to match it perfectly is not easy.

Thanks for the suggestions :) ... I'm a kit basher so I like to use a lot of poetic license in my art..lol ..
    here is a re-do using RPublishing Gothic dress with Keeper of dreams Vail . It was a good sugestion :) . I forgot to mention I rendered this in Poser Pro Using - V4

stevie_Nicks2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 140K
    stevie_Nicks1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 172K
    stevie_Nicks.jpg
    989 x 859 - 103K
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

I like your original, regardless of whether it is 100 percent accurate- I just love the feel of the scene. VERY nicely done.
    Cathie

edited December 1969

Ivy said:
    Ivy said:

The products I used were
    LY Harleigh

Thanks for the suggestions :) ... I'm a kit basher so I like to use a lot of poetic license in my art..lol ..
    here is a re-do using RPublishing Gothic dress with Keeper of dreams Vail . It was a good sugestion :) . I forgot to mention I rendered this in Poser Pro Using - V4That's much better. If you want to got further, use one of Wilmap's Lace texture shaders on some of the layers of the skirt and the gloves. She has three sets here on ShareCG: Lace Design Shaders 1, Lace Design Shaders 2, Lace Design Shaders 3. While not exact, the jacket from this set might also work with the right shader applied. I recommend the World of Satin Shaders Resource pack and World of Satin Shaders Resource pack 2.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Both sets of Renders look great to me. I've been a Fan from the time I can remember hearing her sing on the radio the first time, whenever that was. I think just a BIT more roundness to the chin will get your face morph just that little bit closer. Just keep on keeping on. I only saw her Live once and she changed costumes EVERY song in that concert. And FAST too. I think some were just layers of others.

• TeofaTeofa Posts: 823
    edited December 1969

Both renders are the bomb, but I do have to think the 2nd captured more of her clothing style :)

Still remember her twirling the baton in Tusk :) UCLA video.

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

I agree, both renders look great. Who cares what dress she is wearing? Anyone who simply nit-picks a render about "accuracy" needs to busy themselves doing their own renders and stop stealing the artists spotlight. She did a great job, and Stevie clearly wears clothing other than long flowing dresses. I've seen the same people criticizing in other threads and trying to correct people in their choice of terminology and now it's dresses? I'm glad I have a life.

edited December 1969

Slosh said:
    I agree, both renders look great. Who cares what dress she is wearing? Anyone who simply nit-picks a render about "accuracy" needs to busy themselves doing their own renders and stop stealing the artists spotlight. She did a great job, and Stevie clearly wears clothing other than long flowing dresses. I've seen the same people criticizing in other threads and trying to correct people in their choice of terminology and now it's dresses? I'm glad I have a life.

Thank you for your comment :)

edited October 2013

These are a couple of shots from a new Karate Girl animation soon to be released in a day or so
    :)

Promos pictures , Thank you for looking :)

scene11_emd_frame.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 275K
    promo5.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 332K
    promo01.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 304K
    Post edited by Ivy on
  • TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

Ivy: I am really enjoying your videos.....Their great....Trish

edited December 1969

Ivy: I am really enjoying your videos.....Their great....Trish

Thank you for the nice comment i hope you enjoy my new film :)

edited December 1969

Now playing Karate girl in Down the beaten path
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aejY2RcaXbE

Intro.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 317K