Art & Animations By Ivy Summers

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,797
    edited December 1969

damn even I would like to have Ivy's babies!!!

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

damn even I would like to have Ivy's babies!!!

now now

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    bigh said:
    you the father - :-)
    Certainly not! But I been here for all of Ivy's Babies so far. Not gonna break a tradition now... He sayz, 6" in a hole and pacing deeper...

boy are you going to be tired by Sunday !

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,153
    edited December 1969

Cliff Diver
    My first Daz Pro 4,6 animation
    This was only a test of the Daz 4.6 software for animation
    but i still try to make it cute. :)

Youtube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51EqCgGiy10

CD_-promo.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 243K
    edited December 1969

Cliff Diver
    but i still try to make it cute. smile

CD_-promo.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 243K
  • Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,189
    edited December 1969

Ivy said:
    Cliff Diver

Very nice, especially the water effects.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ahha!! Lovely, so glad to see Nerds Waterfall in DS4.6 as I've not installed it yet.

@bigh, SEE? I was only knee deep in the trench when Ivy posted.

edited December 1969

Love it!! More in your Art thread, carried on the silly with bigh.

edited December 1969

You guys are too funny... Thanks for the comments guys.

Even though this was only a test animation. over all I'm very happy with the results
    I really love the spot render tool a few bugs with adding nodes to deformers and i lost some of my effects plugins i love to use but over all \
    I'm very please with how daz 4.6 did.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Ahha!! Lovely, so glad to see Nerds Waterfall in DS4.6 as I've not installed it yet.

@bigh, SEE? I was only knee deep in the trench when Ivy posted.

you are so lucky she had it early

edited December 1969

Ivy said:

Cliff Diver
    but i still try to make it cute. :)

looking good

• SebastianusSebastianus Posts: 27
    edited December 1969

Nice work Ivy. Each time better

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

way to go Ivy! And you saved Jaderail from perpetual pacing. Loved it :) (That blank square is a smiley, in case they haven't fixed it yet.)

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,209
    edited December 1969

Very cool!
    How strange... I thought I had subscribed a long time ago. Oh well... it let me do it again!
    Just watched Karate Girls Trials II and your new 4.6 Cliff Divers. Very cool.

• IlenaIlena Posts: 280
    edited December 1969

Ivy said:
    Cliff Diver

The last two seagulls sure didn't seem impressed by the man performance. Or they rated him and the woman as one. lol Sweet animation as always Ivy.

edited December 1969

Thank you guys sorry about the late reply, works been killing me with everyone on summer vacation. ....lol
    I have a new animation coming out soon. I did completely in Daz 4.6 pro :)

edited December 1969

Ivy said:

I had some early trouble with DAZ Studio and have been avoiding it ever since. Do I recall that you have used Carrara (my program of choice for animating) for many of your animations? If so, how do they compare for animating?

I don't look forward to getting familiar with another program, but the DAZ content usable in Carrara seems to be getting scarce, not even Poser versions for many of the new releases. Just DS and DSON Importer, neither of which work with the latest production version of Carrara. Yes, I know a Carrara update is coming ... sometime ...

edited December 1969

I haven't used Carrara in a very long time. I mostly am a poser user but have been using Maya & 3DS more and more
    I would have to say that Daz 4.6 has improved alot as far as working some of the bugs out. they really have made improvements in the perimeters i seem to be able to fine tune the scenes better. I found my biggest issue is converting older Daz and poser content over some older content does not cooperate well..lol . though i do love how much more detail i can get my renders with the new sss shaders in daz4.6 also the spot render tool is killer in setting up animation , using the FXB for wave-point obj. import works great i made a few models in 3DS that rigged and textured fairly well when i finished them in Daz studio 4.6 . i was able to create very large (huge) world scene files and still render 300 key-frame scenes reasonable for the size. over all I think as i work with daz more and learn how to change my older FX files & content to work in 4.6 it will be nice program for short films .Though I still can't get genesis to animate worth a hoot yet To me it just seems like more effort than its worth just to set it up for animation and then sometimes the characters will revert back to the default genesis shape , though i have learned that if you set the paddle lock the parameter tab you using after you have the desired shape that it usually holds it..lol

anyway here is a few test shots from a animated scene i am rendering tonight for my latest film :)

Render_13.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 223K
    Render_10.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 224K
  • WAVEDELSHWAVEDELSH Posts: 100
    edited December 1969

Looks good Ivy..... I'm with you on Genesis to animate...

edited December 1969

Ivy said:
    ... I mostly am a poser user but have been using Maya & 3DS more and more ... I found my biggest issue is converting older Daz and poser content ... Though I still can't get genesis to animate worth a hoot yet To me it just seems like more effort than its worth ...

anyway here is a few test shots from a animated scene i am rendering tonight for my latest film :)

This is kind of discouraging, especially since I have a huge library of older Poser style content, all of which works quite well in Carrara. And I see Wavedelsh shares your opinion on Genesis being a problem to animate. My incentive to again try Daz Studio, never very strong anyway, is rapidly approaching nil.

I'm curious if you use Maya and 3D Max to animate, they seem pretty big league compared to DS.

The test shots look great, and I confess I bought the same scenes/props ... too nice to pass up.

Steve K.

edited December 1969

[UNLURK] Hmmm... new Ivy Animation, posts to thread for EBOT to update (gotta whip those Ebots sometimes)..[Lurk Mode on]

edited December 1969

Steve K said:
    Ivy said:

I had some early trouble with DAZ Studio and have been avoiding it ever since. Do I recall that you have used Carrara (my program of choice for animating) for many of your animations? If so, how do they compare for animating?

I don't look forward to getting familiar with another program, but the DAZ content usable in Carrara seems to be getting scarce, not even Poser versions for many of the new releases. Just DS and DSON Importer, neither of which work with the latest production version of Carrara. Yes, I know a Carrara update is coming ... sometime ...

there are some poser props I got from Rpublishing I had to re-rig for daz4.6 mostly because the older mesh would be welded in some spots ,
    I also had to update some of the shaders and UV maps from poser to daz But over all the Daz program animates pretty well just using the animate ii plugin., I don't work with Genesis enough to be efficient with it. that is my excuse I use for my inept ability to fail at animating genesis..lol But I would not give up on daz yet .

I've been using Maya and 3DS from the Autodesk deign suite 2012 , I've been taking classes for it for the last year . I am starting my third semester at TN University this fall . when class ended this spring we were more focused on architecture & design and model building, lighting characteristics Applying textures and U.V.A Shaders, etc etc . bla bla bla..lol it is a very hard & fun course. I'm not sure yet where i will go with taking this class. Though i like to be able to someday make some career direction changes if i can last to get my "AS" degree. . I'd like to move into the animation field somewhere maybe in media production for network broadcasting. That field seems to be growing a demand for animators & modelers.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    [UNLURK] Hmmm... new Ivy Animation, posts to thread for EBOT to update (gotta whip those Ebots sometimes)..[Lurk Mode on]

you'll love this one jeff .

edited December 1969

Steve K said:
    Ivy said:
    ... I mostly am a poser user but have been using Maya & 3DS more and more ... I found my biggest issue is converting older Daz and poser content ... Though I still can't get genesis to animate worth a hoot yet To me it just seems like more effort than its worth ...

This is kind of discouraging, especially since I have a huge library of older Poser style content, all of which works quite well in Carrara. And I see Wavedelsh shares your opinion on Genesis being a problem to animate. My incentive to again try Daz Studio, never very strong anyway, is rapidly approaching nil.

I'm curious if you use Maya and 3D Max to animate, they seem pretty big league compared to DS.

The test shots look great, and I confess I bought the same scenes/props ... too nice to pass up.

Steve K.

I will jump in here and say I have no problem using G/G2/V6 in animation .
    Works well in Carrara 8.5 too .

edited December 1969

bigh said:

Okay, a different opinion, thanks.

My real question is the incentive to move from C8/M4/V4/K4 to DS/G/G2/V6. In my case, with C8 paid for and a large collection of V4/M4/K4 content, I need some motivation to climb yet another learning curve. I feel very comfortable working with the "old" stuff, and am pretty reluctant to get into a bunch of new ... potential difficulties, which Ivy seems to be experiencing.

I see that a lot of the new content is DS/DSON, but it seems to be mostly replacements for content I already have for the older approach. Is it really "better" in some sense?

I realize that people who are not as invested in the "old" stuff may see it differently. And if a production upgrade of Carrara does come along, the picture may change. But for me, I just don't see the incentive. Yet, anyway.

edited December 1969

Steve K said:
    bigh said:

Okay, a different opinion, thanks.

My real question is the incentive to move from C8/M4/V4/K4 to DS/G/G2/V6. In my case, with C8 paid for and a large collection of V4/M4/K4 content, I need some motivation to climb yet another learning curve. I feel very comfortable working with the "old" stuff, and am pretty reluctant to get into a bunch of new ... potential difficulties, which Ivy seems to be experiencing.

I see that a lot of the new content is DS/DSON, but it seems to be mostly replacements for content I already have for the older approach. Is it really "better" in some sense?

I realize that people who are not as invested in the "old" stuff may see it differently. And if a production upgrade of Carrara does come along, the picture may change. But for me, I just don't see the incentive. Yet, anyway.

I guess I have to agree with you , that is pretty much why I haven't invested in genesis either. I have nothing against genesis either. , I'm like you I have thousands of dollars of v4/m4 (DAZ and PZ3) file stuff and a NEW poser program I want to use content in also. But I am trying to learn how to use my poser content along with the 3dsMax stuff i make with daz.4.6. one thing i can tell you is once you have saved a project in Dson file format. it is very difficult ( for me anyway) to use as the same scene in poser, like i was able to do with Daz3. which has forced me to have to make the same scene for both daz and poser. because all my fx tools only work in poser which once worked in Daz.. so I have to use poser if i want to use the FX tools in my films .
    Daz 4.6 renders much faster than previous versions. I can aload all my poser files into Daz4.6 its just some of them need to be reworked with rigging and texture editing. I have finely got all the nerds FX products working great in Daz 4.6. with a few acceptations with the Splash tool. but as you said for new user just starting out with Daz, then investing in genesis doesn't seem so painful, than to those of us that have already invested in thousands of dollars of content and see no need to invest in something new we can already accomplish with what we have . That why I always try to consider buying products that are for both Generation4 and Genesis figures because i know i will be able to use that product in both daz and poser with no problems. :)

edited July 2013

A few new renders . Love Echo~
    These renders are of a new character Echo by silver and countess. I have did both versions Daz renders and Poser 2014 renders.
    Thank you to Silver and countess for making this character in both genesis and V4 she is beautiful and i will get tons of use from her.
    she woks flawlessly in Poser.

these first few pictures are Daz Studio Pro 4.6 renders :)

echo_06_-_Daz.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 231K
    echo_05_-_Daz.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 217K
    echo_04_-_Daz.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 242K
    Post edited by Ivy on
    edited December 1969

These next renders are of the same Echo character only I'm using Poser 2014 . and the SSS maps for the renders

echo_03.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 221K
    echo_02.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 252K
    echo_01.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 253K
    edited December 1969

Spy Girl - Flight Fight,
    Join us as Spy Girl, Agent-69, tries to flies secret agent 00 to Crook City .
    Tighten your seat belt, as Spy girl out maneuvers her enemies

Created with Daz Studio Pro 4.6 Credits at the end of film
    An Ivy Summers Animated Film.

YouTube Link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K_xGxBb0GE

Spy_Girl-promo.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 177K
    edited December 1969

Spy Girl - Flight Fight,
    Join us as Spy Girl, Agent-69, tries to flies secret agent 00 to Crook City .
    Tighten your seat belt, as Spy girl out maneuvers her enemies

Created with Daz Studio Pro 4.6 Credits at the end of film
    An Ivy Summers Animated Film.

YouTube Link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K_xGxBb0GE

Spy_Girl-promo.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 177K