Sakura 8

Comments

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470
    edited August 2019

Since we kickstarted this thread again cheeky, yes, I still generally only render with Sakura...I need to do more backgrounds!  I got a ton of i13 ones now.  Next one will be "on location"  wink

Post edited by 3dOutlaw on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276

@3dOOutlaw That's a very cute render! :D I really like the character mix! The body looks a little like "The Girl" shape - really curvy and pinup-like. :) It came out really pretty!

Thanks, it is actually using your Easy Light and Render - Spectrum Studio, which I recommend! yes  I did make her a little more curvy in this one.

3dOutlaw said:

Thanks, it is actually using your Easy Light and Render - Spectrum Studio, which I recommend! yes  I did make her a little more curvy in this one.

hahah I'm very happy to hear you're using my product! :D That puts a big smile on my face!

edited August 2019

As promised, Sakura stopping by to do some laundry on the way home from work.  cheeky

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited April 2019
    3dOutlaw said:

As promised, Sakura stopping by to do some laundry on the way home from work.  cheeky

I love this!

It really needs some depth of field; tough to know where to look.

The washing machines are all empty - that (as I've never used communial ones) seems unusual?

Post edited by nicstt on
  • RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,574
    nicstt said:
    3dOutlaw said:

The washing machines are all empty - that (as I've never used communial ones) seems unusual?

During the early 70s I lived in an apartment "mega" complex, one so big that it had three communal swimming pools.  By each of those pools was also placed laundrymats.  And, yes, there were plenty of times none of them were being used as my buddy Kyle and I would pretend they were alien computer complexes when we played "Star Trek" (similar to "cops and robbers", just good ol' backyard sessions of "let's pretend").

Sincerely,

Bill

edited April 2019
    Redfern said:
    nicstt said:
    3dOutlaw said:

During the early 70s I lived in an apartment "mega" complex, one so big that it had three communal swimming pools.  By each of those pools was also placed laundrymats.  And, yes, there were plenty of times none of them were being used as my buddy Kyle and I would pretend they were alien computer complexes when we played "Star Trek" (similar to "cops and robbers", just good ol' backyard sessions of "let's pretend").

Sincerely,

Bill

Good to know.

Of course she may not be surprised that no machines are in use, but is looking at her phone because everywhere is clean and tidy: "Where is everyone?" She muses, picking up her phone and flicking through her contacts.

Post edited by nicstt on
    edited August 2019
    3dOutlaw said:
    It really needs some depth of field; tough to know where to look.

Yea, I totally forgot to shrink the f-stop region down!  sad  I had planned to, and then I forgot, and was heading out...I'll get it next time!  

Anyway to keep the daily streak going!  This is a really cute DO outfit, I thought!  The all-black promo doesn't do give it enough cutesy-justice.  Was worth my coupon this month, to buy that for a dollar! cheeky It's like a cotton-candy render!

edited April 2019

@3dOutlaw I love the limited palette~ and the pastel like colors are very pretty! Really cute render with nice harmony and balance in the color choices and composition! :D

If I had one "nit-pick" it would be the shadow along her jaw, which makes it look almost like a double jaw, but meh, that's just being nit-picky. lol All in all it's a very cute render! heart

Edit after your edit - The jaw looks much better now! Fantastic work! 

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142

Great renders as always @3doutlaw  Enjoy them immensely

edited April 2019

@3dOutlaw I love the limited palette~ and the pastel like colors are very pretty! Really cute render with nice harmony and balance in the color choices and composition! :D

If I had one "nit-pick" it would be the shadow along her jaw, which makes it look almost like a double jaw, but meh, that's just being nit-picky. lol All in all it's a very cute render! heart

I'd missed that, but it looks like it might be the jaw further back towards the neck?

Post edited by nicstt on
    nicstt said:

I'd missed that, but it looks like it might be the jaw further back towards the neck?

OK, that was bothering me as well, so I re-did it (may need to refresh)  :)  For some reason the head side-side was jacked up real high only, so I made it more continual from neck and head,,,looks better.

edited April 2019
    3dOutlaw said:
    nicstt said:

OK, that was bothering me as well, so I re-did it (may need to refresh)  :)  For some reason the head side-side was jacked up real high only, so I made it more continual from neck and head,,,looks better.

That looks great! :D That made a difference - and it's even cuter now! :)

I noticed that a lot of poses tend to be set up a bit oddly where the head is turned to the side but the neck isn't - which often doesn't look quite right and can create some oddness like that with the jaw or neck. Real heads and necks usually don't work like that. Try turning your head to the side but leaving your neck perfectly straight - you can't really do it. The neck turns with the head in real life - yet a lot of poses come with the head turned but the neck straight as an arrow. Oy! lol 

Post edited by 3Diva on
    3dOutlaw said:
    nicstt said:

Yup; you nailed it... And as Divamakeup says, much cuter too.

3dOutlaw said:
    nicstt said:

That looks great! :D That made a difference - and it's even cuter now! :)

I noticed that a lot of poses tend to be set up a bit oddly where the head is turned to the side but the neck isn't - which often doesn't look quite right and can create some oddness like that with the jaw or neck. Real heads and necks usually don't work like that. Try turning your head to the side but leaving your neck perfectly straight - you can't really do it. The neck turns with the head in real life - yet a lot of poses come with the head turned but the neck straight as an arrow. Oy! lol 

Yup, turning head and not neck actually seems impossible; who knew? The real us has inbuilt IK. :)

I really like Sakura with and without the shape; texures are versatile too.

edited August 2019

I thought this Fancy Punk outfit was a knockout (morphs and style), and this is the last day to use a 40% off coupon on it...at the other store. :)  

Sakura, of course!

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,158

That's a lovely render, @3dOutlaw. I love the outfit!

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,537
    edited May 2019
    edited August 2019

Sometimes it's nice to get back to the basics and a nice clean render of your OC.  laugh  (it's a big one!)

edited August 2019

Biker Babe wink

• Not bad at all lol 

Wow, it's been a while since I did anything DS related!  Toying with Anime Studio, Rimworld and Danganronpa...when I have had free time.  The outfit is a DS kitbash!  :)  

El Psy Kongroo!

• looks good 3D

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

Okay, I'm more than a little late to this party, but hopefully some of those who have experience with the Sakura 8 character can help me out. I recently purchased the character and, upon loading it using the character preset, I end up with the Sakura 8 shape and materials, but with one significant exception: the eyeballs. This was asked here several pages ago by another user but was never answered.

A few details on what I am dealing with:

When the character loads the eyeballs appear untextured as shown in screenshot 1, below. Okay, no biggee, as the instructions say I select the eyeballs and apply a material. Nothing happens. White eyeballs. I have tried everything that I can think of and have searched for an answer to no avail. I just can't get any of the options to show Sakura's eyes properly.

One thing that I did come across in earlier posts which is a little confusing, are references to the eyes being some sort of separate geometry that replaces G8F's eyes? They seem to be some sort of flattened geometry, rather than spheres? I cannot find any such thing included with the package that I purchased, just a data file (JA EyeBalls_448.dsf) that mysteriously doesn't show up anywhere in the Parameters tab that I can find, nor any node under the Scene tab.  Just the standard G8F eyes. The eyes that do load with the character preset seem to be oversized versions of G8F's eyeballs rather than new geometry, and none of the Sakura materials will apply to them. The second screenshot shows what I am getting, with the head hidden to reveal the eye geometry. Is there something that has changed from the intial release that hasn't been properly documented? What am I mssing here? How do I get the anime/manga eyes to work. It has been a very frustrating exercise in futility for me that has left me for the first time ever considering using the DAZ3D return policy. Any help would be appreciated before I resort to that. Thanks in advance.

Okay, update: I seem to have tracked down the source of the problem. The file Sakura 8.duf which loads the character preset contains a reference to a script (Sakura 8 Anime Eyeballs.duf) in the data folder that in turn loads the geometry file (JA EyeBalls_448.dsf) for the replacement eyeballs. That script does not appear to run for some reason when the character preset is loaded, therefore no eyeballs. The script itself works fine, as dragging it from an explorer window  and dropping it into the DAZ Studio window with Sakura 8 loaded loads the eyeball geometry and everything is fine. But something is preventing the script from running and loading the eyeballs automatically as it should when the character preset is loaded.

Perhaps the reason that others are not having this issue relates to how the content is installed, but I'm only guessing. I don't use DIM, but manually install (yes, everything is in the correct locations). Perhaps there is something different in the manual installation .zip compared to that used by DIM? Anyway, I'm going to have to try and troubleshoot the character preset file to see if I can determine why the script isn't running as it should. Aaarghh!

Thanks for stopping by. smiley

Screenshot1.jpg
    516 x 586 - 127K
    Screenshot2.jpg
    451 x 437 - 99K
    edited October 2019

I would try and help, but I threw out the eyes early on, and made the Sakura Eyes product, cause I could not stand to use the flat eyes that came with it.  Sorry!  She is my goto character though, as you can see from my renders above and continued Anime renders.

That being said, just for kicks, I loaded up Sakura and dropped her into a scene, and got eye mats.  Maybe you should try downloading and re-installing?

My more recent Sakura renders, still a great character!

• What he needs to do is load the character fil;e. You can not dialthe morph directly to G8f with out either 3d's set of anime eyes or using the default eyes script from Cade? 

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

Love your Sakura renders 3D Outlaw.

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

Thanks for the suggestion, Outlaw, but I only purchased it two days ago and everything downloaded fine. I don't believe re-installing it is the answer. Not to worry, if it comes to that, since I can use the brute force solution I described, I can always just create a new character preset once everything is loaded, and be done with it. Thank you for the response.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,024

I don’t have Sakura, but I can imagine it working the same as Star, who has an eye add-on categorized as “anatomy”. Is this not the case? Do you really only get the eyes if you load the entire character?