Update on Issues with Platinum Club Renewals

Comments

• MistaD2047MistaD2047 Posts: 335
    edited June 2012

So I get up this morning, check my e-mail click the links and go to the members forum. At this time it usually just wants me to re-log in. I do that then attempt to go to the members forum. It tells me it's not available with the subheading of you are not authorized to view this forum.

So I check the PC items because just yesterday I purchased stuff for the June 28th PC contest and even submitted a render to it last night. I find that they are all showing the original, non-discounted, price. Now I know there's something going on with my subscription.

Now I've been a longtime member from 2006 and an active subscriber from October of 2011. It still doesn't show my subscription under my subscription menu but when I go to my recurring profiles it shows my PC member profile active and recurring.

I can afford at the time to re-purchase my subscription for the 29.95 but I find that unfair since I have been a current subscription member since October. I submitted a ticket just recently about this issue.

But as I feared last time I submitted a bunch of tickets that if that simple "My Subscriptions" issue wasn't fixed and showing up in my account this same issue would happen.

Post edited by MistaD2047 on
  • PastelsPastels Posts: 529
    edited December 1969

Just checked my emails and had one from Britney stating my subscription problem was solved which kind of surprised me as I had not entered a ticket, just followed Choholes instructions. Checked my subscription again and now I'm current tru Sept so apparently I got a free month.

Anyway, they asked for comments and not sure if it will be passed on but I made it clear that I've been dealing with the forum admins and mods and that, in my opinion, you folks are stuck between a rock and an angry mob and doing your utmost to provide assistance and information and doing so with "grace under fire" and I for one appreciate your efforts and each of you has my sincere thanks. You are doing a great job under difficult circumstances and it can't be easy but there are folks out here who do appreciate what you are doing. Thanks again!

• GLWoodardGLWoodard Posts: 3,335
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Betsy, did you see the link I posted above, from Britney (customer support) telling people how to fix the suspended thing.

Yep, just right after I found I was suspended, found the link, right after I got mad a released some steam!

edited December 1969

reavuson22 - Sounds like the same problem I had. Chohole sent me here and it fixed the problem.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/1556/P420/#37200

edited December 1969

ya well unfortunately I don't even have an edit option ANYWHERE in my subscriptions area, hell it even says that I have No Subscription, when I go there.

edited December 1969

heck I even tried to repurchase the subscription but it gave me a credit card error and I do have room and double checked it all.

edited June 2012

So I was able to re-purchased, now I'm going to submit a ticket to get my $22 back. But at least it shows up in "My Subscriptions" now.

Post edited by MistaD2047 on
    edited December 1969

Sorry to hear that but glad you got resubscribed. Here's hoping you get refunded quickly.

• GLWoodardGLWoodard Posts: 3,335
    edited December 1969

I don't know, they never refunded me, but deemed the issue "Resolved"!

• Anime_Otaku102Anime_Otaku102 Posts: 8
    edited June 2012

My subscription was also suspended, so I filed a customer support ticket, was told my subscription was set to "active" (didn't check my inbox for a couple of days, so they closed the ticket before I could check), and when I checked my account it was still marked as suspended. I did see a button to "reactivate", so I did so and it added a $7.95 renewal item into my cart. I bought the renewal and now my membership period starts "9/1/2012" instead of my original starting date. Will this affect any future sales that involve how long people have been subscribed? Will be mildly miffed if so.

Really wish I had seen http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/1556/P420/#37200 first.

Edit: nevermind, I see my old subscription entry is still there with the new subscription above it. Old one is still suspended and there's no "extend" option on it. This is far too frustrating.

Post edited by Anime_Otaku102 on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

I think you need to reopen your ticket, or opena fresh one, to get this sorted out.

• UHFUHF Posts: 512
    edited December 1969

As usual... 3 weeks later.. still nothing done.

I want my money back. I want it back now.

I'm very very angry. This is me not swearing.

By the way, what year will 'Unsubscribe General' begin functioning. I'm still receiving SPAM from Daz. Do I need to give you guys a fake email address as well?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

UHF said:

By the way, what year will 'Unsubscribe General' begin functioning. I'm still receiving SPAM from Daz. Do I need to give you guys a fake email address as well?

Have you cancelled your Platinum club yet. You have been informed by a member of the DAZ_Management that this is something that Daz3D cannot do for you. Only you can cancel a PC account,
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited July 2012

chohole said:
    UHF said:

Have you cancelled your Platinum club yet. You have been informed by a member of the DAZ_Management that this is something that Daz3D cannot do for you. Only you can cancel a PC account,

And you need to cancel at the PayPal end of things, if that's how you pay for your membership.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • mitchmanmitchman Posts: 38
    edited July 2012

Yeah, mine has been cancelled too. I was told all was fine and it is if they want to get rid of me... after 8 YEARS OF CONTINUOUS MONTHLY PAYMENTS as a PC member.
    Good job.
    I'm now never going to buy anything here again.
    Bye.

Post edited by mitchman on
  • BeaBea Posts: 743
    edited December 1969

It may not be cancelled. It probably just looks as if it has been.

• mitchmanmitchman Posts: 38
    edited December 1969

Bea said:
    It may not be cancelled. It probably just looks as if it has been.

Right... that's why I can't get into the members forum. Or see any PC prices. etc.
  • go awaygo away Posts: 15
    edited December 1969

Hopefully someone from DAZ is taking the time to monitor this thread, if so I have two suggestions.

First, maybe you could start responding to help requests a little faster; taking days to respond, or as in my case, not responding at all, may not be the best business process. I’m not necessarily suggesting that you fix every problem in days (though that would probably be the best scenario) but it would be a good idea to at least have a human, not an automated system, acknowledge receipt of the help request if it is going to take more than a few days to get to it.

Second, if in emails you are going to reference a link where one can check the status of your help request, you should probably make sure the link works rather than having it go to a non-existent portion of an external, third-party website.

Just to be clear, my PC account is also caught in limbo, caused, I suspect by the fact that it was scheduled to renew right in the middle of this little transition of store fronts. I’d be happy to renew, which it was supposed to do automatically but didn’t, except I’d rather not pay the initial startup premium again. I do find getting my PC account stuck in limbo, with no apparent prospect of getting it fixed, rather irritating, likely not irritating enough to cancel it, but irritating enough to not purchase anything until it is fixed.

So, just to play the role of “Captain Obvious”: Hey, DAZ, you do realize this whole little issue is probably costing you a s***-load in lost sales, don’t you?

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Well I'm going to hope somebody from the company is reading this thread too.
    You have some major problems with the subscriptions.
    1. We cannot edit the payment info without cancelling the membership. According to the warning pop-up we have to repurchase the membership. The Gift CC attached to my acct is 'empty' ... you cannot take another payment on it. You don't have weeks to solve this.
    Now I have a vague recollection that it was written somewhere that if payments were not good, you were charging full entrance again? Considering we can't change payment information without cancelling, I sure hope you don't even think of charging us set up fees every month 'cause that's not happening. I have no idea when your auto system may or not work ... if I remember in time to check out #2.
    2. What happens if we 'suspend' membership? I'm not clicking on that link 'til the last day "just in case" that also doesn't quite work as I might expect it to. I just want to cancel any auto pay nonsense and change the cc info.
    3. I suppose worse scenario atm might be that one is expected to cancel/rebuy/cancel/rebuy/cancel/rebuy .... that's going to make for an annoying long list of subscriptions on my acct page.
    4. So to recap. I'll say we need as I'm relatively confident that I'm not the only one making purchases with cc gift cards ...
    We need to be able to "edit payment information" ....
    We need to be able to "pay one month at a time".
    @ anybody who cannot see the Edit/Payment History options on the right of their list of subscriptions .... the page needs to be resized smaller in your browser. Apparently it's a fixed size and simply doesn't do the necessary sideways scroll ... at least not in FF.

Subscription2.png
    539 x 279 - 58K
    Subscription1.png
    419 x 290 - 62K
  • mmalbertmmalbert Posts: 412
    edited December 1969

Yeah, my membership got screwed up again too. I think it was my fault this time. I cancelled the bogus subscription so I wouldn't get billed for $5.95, and that killed all the PC prices, discounts, and member forum access. All this despite having just paid the $7.95 monthly subscription a little over a week ago. I opened a support ticket on Jun 29, but still nothing.

edited July 2012

Well I'm going to hope somebody from the company is reading this thread too.
    You have some major problems with the subscriptions.
    1. We cannot edit the payment info without cancelling the membership. According to the warning pop-up we have to repurchase the membership. The Gift CC attached to my acct is 'empty' ... you cannot take another payment on it. You don't have weeks to solve this.
    Now I have a vague recollection that it was written somewhere that if payments were not good, you were charging full entrance again? Considering we can't change payment information without cancelling, I sure hope you don't even think of charging us set up fees every month 'cause that's not happening. I have no idea when your auto system may or not work ... if I remember in time to check out #2.
    2. What happens if we 'suspend' membership? I'm not clicking on that link 'til the last day "just in case" that also doesn't quite work as I might expect it to. I just want to cancel any auto pay nonsense and change the cc info.
    3. I suppose worse scenario atm might be that one is expected to cancel/rebuy/cancel/rebuy/cancel/rebuy .... that's going to make for an annoying long list of subscriptions on my acct page.
    4. So to recap. I'll say we need as I'm relatively confident that I'm not the only one making purchases with cc gift cards ...
    We need to be able to "edit payment information" ....
    We need to be able to "pay one month at a time".
    @ anybody who cannot see the Edit/Payment History options on the right of their list of subscriptions .... the page needs to be resized smaller in your browser. Apparently it's a fixed size and simply doesn't do the necessary sideways scroll ... at least not in FF.

Some peopl;e have found that using the scroll wheel to zoom out a bit insted of zooming in, does help. However I would reccomend that no one start playing around too much until we get clear instructions and/or explanations as to what is what when multiple memberships are shown.
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Been thinking that they should just do away with all this membership nonsense and give everybody good prices in the first place.

They obviously haven't got the system working 100% and it's costing them and their customers. Not a win-win scenario.

• sapatsapat Posts: 1,735
    edited July 2012

Anyone else have a PC voucher that isn't working??? I got my "Dear Platinum Club member" email that had my July code in it, but the code keeps getting booted as 'not valid'. I'm entering it just like I did last month, only now it's not working.
    I am so tired of this it's beyond me anymore. It just gets my goat that they lay the responsibility on us for remembering to keep track of their 'one time use only' code and not forget it's there and delete the email. Guess that will be yet another phone call to Daz to figure out why my code doesn't work.

Post edited by sapat on
  • LoaarLoaar Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

sapat said:
    Anyone else have a PC voucher that isn't working??? I got my "Dear Platinum Club member" email that had my July code in it, but the code keeps getting booted as 'not valid'. I'm entering it just like I did last month, only now it's not working.
    I am so tired of this it's beyond me anymore. It just gets my goat that they lay the responsibility on us for remembering to keep track of their 'one time use only' code and not forget it's there and delete the email. Guess that will be yet another phone call to Daz to figure out why my code doesn't work.

What are you trying to buy? The coupon only works on Daz Original items (items with DAZ3D as the PA). It also doesn't work on the $1.99 items. If your trying to apply it to items that are not Daz Originals it will tell you its not valid.

• Granny EGranny E Posts: 6
    edited December 1969

sapat said:

I'm having problems too, I'm about ready to just give up. I know that what I'm getting is a Daz Original, so that's not the problem.

• LoaarLoaar Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Make sure there is no space in front of the coupon code as well. That will also throw up the not valid error.

edited July 2012

Granny E said:
    sapat said:

I'm having problems too, I'm about ready to just give up. I know that what I'm getting is a Daz Original, so that's not the problem.

Granny E I think you may need to file a support ticket, because you are not showing up as a PC member.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • rebelgraphxrebelgraphx Posts: 215
    edited December 1969

Loaar said:
    sapat said:

What are you trying to buy? The coupon only works on Daz Original items (items with DAZ3D as the PA). It also doesn't work on the $1.99 items. If your trying to apply it to items that are not Daz Originals it will tell you its not valid.

I don't even bother with the vouchers anymore, my june voucher has expired and the one for july will probably get thrown in the bin too.
    As long as things do not improve around here I won't bother.
    If I can't get answers to my questions Daz won't get my money, it's that simple.

• Granny EGranny E Posts: 6
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Granny E said:
    sapat said:

Granny E I think you may need to file a support ticket, because you are not showing up as a PC member.

Okay I'll try.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

ZenDesk was the victim of a DDOS attack Tuesday night, which resulted in many of their clients, including DAZ 3D, having some support tickets closed without resolution. Check if your support ticket was closed on July 3rd -- if it was and you didn't receive an email, reopen the ticket.